Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:48 PM

Sorry if this has already been covered on here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...nology-24554511

I find it interesting that it absolutely killed their stock price when they announced the delay. I don't recall this happening to TakeTwo or R* when GTA V was delayed. Maybe that's indicative of R*'s clout. 

Watch Dogs, for me, always looked  kind of  interesting, but nothing special. It has a few good ideas that we've seen so far, but other than that, it just looks like a fairly standard Big City Sandbox game. Like Prototype, or InFamous. Pretenders to the crown, basically. 

Has this weakened anyone's excitement for the game? Are people going to start freaking the f*ck out like they did when GTA V was delayed to September?

What's your take? Still psyched for it, or losing interest? Personally, I'm losing interest rapidly... though of course, that may just be the effect of having finally played and been, ultimately, incredibly satisfied with GTA V. 

ry12111
  • ry12111

Prankster

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:56 PM

ahahahahahahaha

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:59 PM Edited by Official General, 17 October 2013 - 01:05 PM.

I don't know man, Watchdogs has not really impressed me so far. I really like the Chicago city environment, it looks amazing. But the gameplay and plot seems a little complicated and uninteresting. I'm just not really that thrilled on the idea of hacking into systems and people's minds just to do missions. 

lolzz19
  • lolzz19

Peon

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:03 PM

Its not gonna be better than GTA V, ill bet money on it. So I dont really care about it
  • TakinThyBacon likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:03 PM

It just looks like an also-ran. 

And I'm really worried that Ubisoft are going to somehow align it to their cash cow, Assassin's Creed. I'm 99% certain that there'll be some sort of Templar/Abstergo bullsh*t in there. 

Ubisoft just won't let AC go, and if they DO tie it in with this, I'm giving up on them completely. 

But as the guy that replied first said: 'ahahahahahahaha', because this really is quite funny. Tried to pull a R*, ended up destroying their finances. Awesome move, Ubisoft. Who be soft now? 

• AndrewDeSanta and KiiWiiDeee like this

FirstLadyofGTA
  • FirstLadyofGTA

Killer in Heels

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:13 PM

1. Never heard of Watchdogs,

2. I Hate Ubisoft for what they did to Assassins Creed

3. I'm laughing at them. 

Good day :)

• Fuzzknuckles and JonRenemy like this

Terrazi Terrajin
  • Terrazi Terrajin

I want you to feel the pressure.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:13 PM

Good thing I sold my shares before the delay then!

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:24 PM

Ubisoft = No purchase for me

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:25 PM

How close together were the original release dates for AC4 & WD?

You just know Ubisoft will flog this new franchise to death, just like AC. Yearly installments over 5 years, with each iteration barely moving the franchise forward. 

I'll only buy a Ubisoft game at least a year after its release date. Same goes for EA & any other money grubbing developer/publisher. If Rockstar start doing this, then I'll treat them the same.

Shadowgale
  • Shadowgale

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:30 PM

Watch Dogs has impressed me so far, so I am glad they delayed it to take time to iron out some bugs

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:31 PM

GTA V was delayed too, remember?

NADOLNY
  • NADOLNY

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:33 PM

IDGAF about Watch Dogs, so whatever.

GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY
  • GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY

I'm a little scared of being a slut.

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:34 PM

At least they want to give you a polished version of it. I'm glad that they want to make a quality product.

Sharks80fr
  • Sharks80fr

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:37 PM

Watch dogs is interesting, but I already see it as the " next " assassin's creed ... the first one will be probably great since we never had this kind of game before but it will be boring quickly ... yeah just like Assassin's Creed. I already see 5 years later Watch Dogs 5 and this is the kind of sh*t i don't like. I used to love the firsts Assassin's Creed and now it's just to much, they are killing the serie just to make money on it and it will be the exact same sh*t for Watch Dogs ....

And these comparing this game to GTA are just dumb, it's not because it's an open world that means it will be like GTA ... yeah it's an open world you'll be able to drive where you want / drive vehicles and that's all, you'll have few missions on the map just like Assassin's Creed and that's all

So yeah for me Watch Dogs is like Assassin's Creed in the futur .... Do i care about the delay ahah no, losing interest on the game yes

Cilogy
  • Cilogy

SILL•uh•jee

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:37 PM

There are too many huge games coming out this fall, it would be overshadowed by the likes of GTA V, AC4, and CoD. They're making a smart business decision, in other words they're a little scared.

Now, whether the games is actually good is a completely different subject.

Sharks80fr
  • Sharks80fr

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:44 PM

There are too many huge games coming out this fall, it would be overshadowed by the likes of GTA V, AC4, and CoD. They're making a smart business decision, in other words they're a little scared.

considering CoD as a huge game, wtf

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:50 PM

Whether we like it or not, CoD is one of the biggest franchises in Entertainment. Thing is, Activision will start to fail as a company this gen. WoW & CoD are being usurped & they have nothing to replace them. If you own shares, sell, sell, sell!

• vivalavendredi likes this

Drive_ByShooting
  • Drive_ByShooting

Taking Photos of GTA since 2013

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:51 PM

Also their new game, the crew, was delayed too. Was looking forward to a decent car orientated game towards the start of next year.

Sharks80fr
  • Sharks80fr

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:53 PM

Whether we like it or not, CoD is one of the biggest franchises in Entertainment. Thing is, Activision will start to fail as a company this gen. WoW & CoD are being usurped & they have nothing to replace them. If you own shares, sell, sell, sell!

Yeah so let's consider it as a big seller and not a huge game, for me CoD is just a stupid shooting game full of 10 years old boys and the 10 Dlc per month even if they finally decide to change their graph for me it's still the same crap

Shadowgale
  • Shadowgale

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:56 PM

At least they want to give you a polished version of it. I'm glad that they want to make a quality product.

Yeah, can't believe the people on these forums

• nitr0monkey likes this

Sharks80fr
  • Sharks80fr

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:00 PM

Polish my ass, it's just an excuse because they don't want to release the game in the same month as CoD AC and others ... if you really believe this stupid excuse you are not smart

• Audiophile likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:08 PM

Polish my ass, it's just an excuse because they don't want to release the game in the same month as CoD AC and others ... if you really believe this stupid excuse you are not smart

Or maybe they've played GTA V and thought 'actually, our game kind of sucks compared to this'?

• NADOLNY likes this

Sharks80fr
  • Sharks80fr

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:15 PM

Or maybe they've played GTA V and thought 'actually, our game kind of sucks compared to this'?

Like i said, for me it's a different kind of game, it's like comparing GTA to Assassin's creed, if the release date was the same as GTA yeah why not but it's not

NADOLNY
  • NADOLNY

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:16 PM

Ubisoft should cancel this game and make Far Cry 4

• Lil ski likes this

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:19 PM

Watch Dogs looked  kind of  interesting,

That should be their slogan, because I completely agree. I'll probably buy it, but not until it drops $20-$40. 

AlmightyHabbib
  • AlmightyHabbib

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:28 PM Edited by AlmightyHabbib, 17 October 2013 - 02:29 PM.

Watch dogs is interesting, but I already see it as the " next " assassin's creed ... the first one will be probably great since we never had this kind of game before but it will be boring quickly ... yeah just like Assassin's Creed. I already see 5 years later Watch Dogs 5 and this is the kind of sh*t i don't like. I used to love the firsts Assassin's Creed and now it's just to much, they are killing the serie just to make money on it and it will be the exact same sh*t for Watch Dogs ....

And these comparing this game to GTA are just dumb, it's not because it's an open world that means it will be like GTA ... yeah it's an open world you'll be able to drive where you want / drive vehicles and that's all, you'll have few missions on the map just like Assassin's Creed and that's all

So yeah for me Watch Dogs is like Assassin's Creed in the futur .... Do i care about the delay ahah no, losing interest on the game yes

Good, I mean maybe you shouldn't so surely assume everything about the game, without actually have played it :D Talking of Assassin's Creed, I was a huge fan of the first one, and the second one, and the 2.5 one and the 2.7 and the third one, I love them all, and surely cannot wait for Black Flag, so no I don't think the series went to sh*t, I think they improved. Anyway where do you actually find the connection between Assassin's Creed and Watch Dogs, exactly what similarities do you see? Apart from it being a criminal based open world sandbox game.

Sharks80fr
  • Sharks80fr

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:58 PM Edited by Sharks80fr, 17 October 2013 - 02:58 PM.

Good, I mean maybe you shouldn't so surely assume everything about the game, without actually have played it :D Talking of Assassin's Creed, I was a huge fan of the first one, and the second one, and the 2.5 one and the 2.7 and the third one, I love them all, and surely cannot wait for Black Flag, so no I don't think the series went to sh*t, I think they improved. Anyway where do you actually find the connection between Assassin's Creed and Watch Dogs, exactly what similarities do you see? Apart from it being a criminal based open world sandbox game.

i'm not saying AC is bad right now but i just think it's too much ... now it's like one AC a year and i don't even enjoy them anymore, actually i don't even play it anymore, AC is also an open world but there is nothing to do beside climbing buildings to update the map, and capturing points ... before the first one came out i was excited as hell watching trailers and when i played the game i really enjoyed it but the open world was quickly boring and i was really tired getting to a point A to B to launch missions, and when i play a different AC i always have the same feeling, so yeah the map is different you have " few " things that changed but still it's the same crap over and over again just with a new story ...

And i'm pretty sure WDogs will be the same, mainly because its also from Ubisoft and because from what i've seen in their trailers they are always showing stuff from missions and nothing from the open world, YES i've seen we are able to hack people phones and cameras which are leading to side missions but i'm sure you won't be able to do it infinite time and you'll have like 50 of them and that's all ... it's not possible to have infinite side missions but if they are updating the game everytime like R* is doing for GTA online ...

I'm not saying the game will be bad, actually i love it because we never had this kind of character but i'm not hype because of the openworld, like i said for me you'll be able to steal cars / drive cars buy few stuff in stores just like AC and that's all, and from what i've seen with Ubisoft games i don't think i'm wrong

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTA V/Online Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:59 PM

The reason why Rockstar can delay their games without getting a massive hit on their, or better said Take-Two's, stocks is that they are a quality developer. Take-Two is a company that doesn't force Rockstar and 2K to release their games as fast as possible. They give both of them all the time they need to release high quality videogames. TTWO's stocks perform pretty well, because their shareholders are satisfied with the way Take-Two treats their games. They are confident that they are making the right decisions. If a delay happens, then it's fine, because that way, they can ensure that their products meet their standards.

Now I'm not sure how Ubisoft's shareholders think, but I can imagine that they know it doesn't really matter if they delay their games or not. Ubi eventually starts to release titles of a particular game series annually, and THAT is probably the reason why their shareholders are not satisfied with the company. If I remember correctly, I read somewhere that they are already thinking about the far future when it comes to WD, you know, DLCs, possibly sequels, and so forth. The reason for the delay could be that the userbase of the new console is bigger early to middle 2014 than it will be by the end of this year. Basically, the delay is not necessarily because of difficulties in the development, but perhaps it's more a money decision. Of course, this is just speculation, but it's impossible to tell what the real reasons are.

I think Watch Dogs is an interesting game, but by the time it releases, I will be probably playing GTAV on PC. Which means I'll definitely not purchase the game anytime soon after its release.

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:00 PM

GTA V was delayed too, remember?

I did not say one word about the delay, the point was that I do not like Ubisoft games.

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:03 PM

ahahahahahahaha

LMFAOOOOOOO

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users