» «
Photo

Broken up but right there...(SPOILER)

5 replies to this topic
Slaptjip
  • Slaptjip

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:31 PM Edited by Slaptjip, 17 October 2013 - 12:33 PM.

After Trevor jumped from the burning Antonov I had an eye on it till it crashed in the Alamo Sea to have an idea where more or less the wreckage would be.

I vowed to one day go and search for the wreckage.

I recently finished the main story line and with 1.5 billion strong I bought Trevor the Cargobob (nice fancy black paint scheme) since the sub is still at Mckenzie field hanger.

I hooked up the sub and flew out to my marker point. Dropped the sub in the shallows, landed the chopper and boarded the sub.

The lake itself is dark and murky, I took it slow and not long I spotted the wreckage. It was indeed an eerie feeling, I approached it from an angle and the first part that lit up was the tail.

I was very surprised to have found the wreck, and in such good condition. Wings ripped apart, the back broken but the fuselage mostly intact.

The wreck is in pretty shallow water, about 30 feet.

Even more surprising was the large number of weapons scattered across in & around the plane. I even found body armour.

I did exit the sub and collected as much of the weps as i could using diving gear.

Any case thought I share. If any of you want to go visit the old giant, it is there.

As for the rest of the lake, I did not find anything else apart from some wooden structures, old jetties perhaps. Deepest point I measured was just over 110 feet.

Back to exploring...

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:36 PM

What burning Antonov?

Slaptjip
  • Slaptjip

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:42 PM

The mission where Trevor flew with the crop duster into the Merryweather heavy cargo plane.

.kiwi_4
  • .kiwi_4

Love is not just a verb.

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:42 PM

Yeah, I did the same thing on like day 3 after I completed it. Subbed down, grabbed all of the scattered gear and swam back up.

SonofYankton
  • SonofYankton

Hugging Niko Belic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:04 PM

map?

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:05 PM

Hah, nice. Going to get me some freebies tonight then.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users