Tips for soloing Base Invaders?

42 replies to this topic
Ace Bandit 23
  • Ace Bandit 23

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:36 PM

Do this mission solo.
Well.. 2 people can get it done easy for sure. Fly in on rons plane. Stickie the far plane, the one farthest west. This one is almost a "freebie". i have not had any heat wnd approaching this plane.(make sure you land early or mid runway and taxi plane down to the west area of the runway or you might get seen and trigger heat.) after the farthest plane is stickied, taxi the plane back to the east end of the rin way and the. Get out and work your way north and the proceed back west down the base parallel with the hangars, moving in and out of cover sticking the target planes as you do so. With 2 people one person can snipe with advanced scope from the roof on the rast end of the base while other person moves forward parallel with the hangars as mentioned above. But with one person you have to do both yourself. So be quick in switching between your sniper rifle and you mid range weapon. And be a good shot. The spawn on this mission like rabbits.
What ever you do...
WHAT EVER YOU DO...
DO NOT.. DO NOT.. DO NOT detonate any stickies on the planes until you are I the hangar and about to get in the cargobob.
If you can't hit the melee button and hit the cargobob, you are not close enough to detonate the stickies. Lol

Goldzero
  • Goldzero

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:50 PM

DO NOT DRIVE.  THIS IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO STUPID AND TAKES SOOO MUCH MORE TIME.

Wrong. It takes about the same amount of time to get to the base with Entity XF, than it does with the plane. When you have your own supercar in the base you don't have to waste time shooting a single person. Not to mention driving a slow ass truck while throwing sticky bombs.

riksterinto
  • riksterinto

Trick

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:11 PM

Land the plane in the southeast corner of the base and get out.  There are usually no  enemies attacking you yet. There will be an army truck around there somewhere.  Get in it and then drive to each plane east - west.  Slow down near each plane to throw a sticky bomb and then drive off and blow it up.  Drive into the hangar immediately and park right beside the cargo bob.  Ignore the people firing at you and switch vehicles. Take off in the bob and fly to SS.

Kelthor
  • Kelthor

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:12 PM

get in a jet urself and shoot the lasers with jet missles that"s how i did it :p

UKAIDANUK
  • UKAIDANUK

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:14 PM

It's easier on your own.

Plant all 3 sticky bombs, then activate the explosion once in the hanger.

After this, take care of anyone inside said hanger.

Fly to safety.

*NOTE* If you don't activate the alarm, you won't get the ridiculous spawns.

MaskedMenace Uk
  • MaskedMenace Uk

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:18 PM

Well I would steal a jet, take out the other jets, land. Then steal a barracks, drive all the way into the hangar, pull the handbrake so the drivers side is opposite of the soldiers and use the barracks as cover to kill the guys in the hangar then take the cargobob. 

You could still get shot while driving the barracks into the hangar though...

This is pretty much what I do except you can't steal the jets any more, they removed the extra ones. So I gofor the single one shoot the soldiers that come in the barracks, jump in and sticky bomb all the jets then drive in the hanger

Elloimjoe
  • Elloimjoe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:21 PM

I didn't check to see if this was already posted because I'm lazy.

1) Land near jet in the back, blow it up
2) Ambush truck that spawns
3) Drive by other two and sticky
4) Park next to Bob
5) Fly away quickly

Takes me about 3 minutes acttually in the base, longest part is flying there and back

hallkjell
  • hallkjell

High roller

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:39 PM

Many good strategies here for other people to use themselves!

I can see that the two main theories are using your own car for the whole mission or flying in and stealing a truck. I tried both strategies but I was just really bad at avoiding the guards when doing sticky-bomb-drive-by's so they shot me dead in the vehicle 3 times in a row. Eventually I made it with my own car. Anyway, I think it's actually more fun to do with 4 people, because I like the co-operation :D

roiegat
  • roiegat

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:43 PM

What I've done is the following:

-Fly rons plane and land next to single jet.

-Put a sticky on it.  

-Call Merryweather and get copper support.

-Start moving towards other jets and have backup chopper do most of the work

-Blow up remaining two jet

-Get in hangar and take out guys there...since backup chopper can't reach in there well

-Steal CArgobob

-take it back to Ron

-Grab a cold one for a job well done.

While I do spend 5k on the backup chopper....you make 25k in the missions, so it's a nice 20k profit.

aR2k
  • aR2k

Playa

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:46 PM

Fly to the furthest lazer, kill the guys coming up in the truck, plant sticky on lazer, take truck and drive straight into the hangar, stop right next to the cargobob, jump into it using it as cover from the guys inside the hangar.

Fly the cargobob out of the hangar and land it on the parkinglot (the one on the eastern side of the base), grab a truck, drive back to the runway and plant stickies on the 2 remaining lazers (safest way is to back up towards them and throw the sticky, they wont be able to shoot through the back of the truck, if you go with your front first you might get shot down pretty fast), drive back to the cargobob, blow all 3 charges and fly home

Epi
  • Epi

might be a girl in rl

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:54 PM

there are several ways to solo this depending on your rank

if you have sticky bombs fly there land on the parking lot get a truck (not the one with a back) just a trucker truck there are several parked there

drive it trough the fence, plant stickies from the truck onto the lazers, when you are at the far back and placed the last one, move to the hanger and then blow them up. take the cargobob (npc wont have spawned yet inside) and done... quickest 25k you can earn

---

if you start and there is already a cargobob at tpi take that instead of rons lame plane

here it comes... its almost impossible to get shot inside the cargobob AND you can lift the lazers.

hover above lazer 1 attach , fly up, detach, rinse and repeat, switch bob or let player 2 out and fly back

---

f*ck rons plane, get the car, do the jumpy jump drive to the far back sniper a bunch of nubs, then go all rambo jason statham while you play cover2cover

----

f*ck the quest and go idle at tpi industries and shoot nabs that just finished the quest that zone back in freemode

the stickybomb truck way is the fastest. i do the quest with a m8 we do it under 5mins from start... beat that nerfed survival modes

robbo216
  • robbo216

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:14 PM

I tried this mission solo back when I had no idea what it actually was and failed horrible 3 times in a row due to the pure masses of soldiers spawning every 10 seconds. However I played it today with 3 others, and there was a strange lack of spawning. I parachuted down near the 2 Lazers that are close to each other, the other guys blew up the lone lazer straight away so I thought I'd be screwed, but strangely the only soldiers around were the 2 nex to each of the lazers and the 3 guys in the Cargobob hanger. When one guy left with the Cargobob 3 of us were on the base killing what seemed like just a couple of soldiers every 30 seconds or so. Seemed like a glitch. I think I ended up with around 10 kills and the other guys only had 2 or 3 each, despite 3 of us spending the entire time on camp.

hallkjell
  • hallkjell

High roller

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:47 PM

Several of the posters that claim it is so easy, are you playing with auto-aim? I'm a terrible shooter, but I still stick with free aim because there's actually a challenge then, and taking on 3-4 of those soldiers without cover from the plane is kind of tricky I think :) or perhaps you're just really good at shooting, haha.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users