Photo

Tips for soloing Base Invaders?

42 replies to this topic
hallkjell
  • hallkjell

High roller

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:32 AM

It's a hard mission with the unrealistic super respawn rate. Any tips for soloing this or does anyone want to join in? No one is joining me when I look for people in the lobby. I'm on PS3 by the way.

Also, I just got a mission failed with the message "A Lazer was destroyed". Annoying bug there.

philthethrill81
  • philthethrill81

Japan makes hawt women (ai shinozake)

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:34 AM

It's a tough mission to solo, but I've seen strategy's for people who do it. 

One idea is to jump in to the base with a super car and sticky the Lazers then steal the cargobob before detonating. I haven't tried this, but the strategy was in a thread a few hours ago

ImBoss450
  • ImBoss450

Im a Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:36 AM

Get some friends. That'll help. Or put matchmaking on open, wait for people.

KingGladiator
  • KingGladiator

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:37 AM

Use the sniper to blow up lasers, then get a car, beeline for the chopper, hop in fly out.

UnflushableCrap
  • UnflushableCrap

Penis

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:38 AM

Fly in, sticky all jets, snipe people on the balconys inside the holding bay where the cargo bob is, detonate just before you get in cargo bob

wallpaper42
  • wallpaper42

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:39 AM

Well I would steal a jet, take out the other jets, land. Then steal a barracks, drive all the way into the hangar, pull the handbrake so the drivers side is opposite of the soldiers and use the barracks as cover to kill the guys in the hangar then take the cargobob. 

You could still get shot while driving the barracks into the hangar though...

hallkjell
  • hallkjell

High roller

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:39 AM

One idea is to jump in to the base with a super car and sticky the Lazers then steal the cargobob before detonating. I haven't tried this, but the strategy was in a thread a few hours ago

Yeah tried that, everytime I get in the chopper to get out there's at least one guard who is really good at hitting my face when he shoots at me, so he only needs about two shots.

It's really quiet looking for people now, so I guess I'll do something else. I love that it's hard, but it's more annoying at this rate, hehe. Thanks for tips though.

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:40 AM

giphy.gif

/thread.

• SkylineGTRFreak and Ace Bandit 23 like this

hallkjell
  • hallkjell

High roller

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:42 AM

giphy.gif

/thread.

/like

MrAnimalUK
  • MrAnimalUK

Game rager

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:42 AM

I para into car park, steal truck. Nade runway jet, nade 2 central jets. Park at right side of hangar door and take cover so you can shoot into hangar. Kill enemies behind if necessary, kill hangar guards. Fly Bob away.

You gotta be real quick. On normal. I think solo hard would be nuts.

philthethrill81
  • philthethrill81

Japan makes hawt women (ai shinozake)

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:43 AM

giphy.gif

/thread.

You're such a troll, lol

OP, you're just better off waiting until you have at least one other good player to help you with this one

If it was meant to be simple it wouldn't pay out so much

• WinterEdit likes this

ChristiaaaaaanxD
  • ChristiaaaaaanxD

Player Lover

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:43 AM

Try this :

1. Land the plane not too far from the nearest lazer.

2. Snipe those 2/3 Guys standing near the 1st lazer. 

3. There, You will see a military vehicle. Steal it after you blew the first lazer by sticky bomb or something.

4. Go to the 2nd Lazer (Near the Cargobob) then Sticky bomb it while riding the Vehicle you stole.

5. Then go to the farthest and last lazer, Destroy on whatever way you want. 

6. Lastly, Carefully approach the hangar with the cargobob in it. There are 3 guys in the hangar, kill them, just be careful. 

Hope this helps. 

Darrel
  • Darrel

Reported!

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:46 AM

Whats your PSN ID, i'd be up for that. Only done the mission once. And its good pay. If we can do it swiftly

hallkjell
  • hallkjell

High roller

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:53 AM

Thanks for tips guys, tried several of them but the guards are really good shooters no matter how evasive my driving is :D

PSN: kjehalv

Sure, join in. It can be hard though, those guards hit like trains! But it's a fun mission.

Chekoloco
  • Chekoloco

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:08 PM

giphy.gif

/thread.

LOL

Victor_714
  • Victor_714

Kid Detector

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:13 PM

I para into car park, steal truck. Nade runway jet, nade 2 central jets. Park at right side of hangar door and take cover so you can shoot into hangar. Kill enemies behind if necessary, kill hangar guards. Fly Bob away.

You gotta be real quick. On normal. I think solo hard would be nuts.

I have soloed this mission in hard mode and i can tell you that it is easier solo. IF you destroy the 3 jets in your first life then quickly without shooting more than 3 or 2 people run to the heli.

Broblab
  • Broblab

Homicidal maniac

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:14 PM

giphy.gif

/thread.

i did dis for that mission... no srsly owo

Not-on-the-cover
  • Not-on-the-cover

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:15 PM

My strategy is to fly Rons plane in, land it at the top of the runway and  there usually spawns a Lazer near by, take that and use the rockets to destroy the 3 Lazers and some ground soldiers. Parachute out over the Cargobob hanger and land to the side. (I usually take food like Ego-chasers in case I need to heal) Creep around the side and hide behind the hangar door and take out the 3 guys inside. You should then be free to take the Cargobob and fly away.

Wildfire_08
  • Wildfire_08

Who cares

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:17 PM

Forget the idea of using a sniper, theres far better ways. 

Whenever i do it, its the same thing everytime, fly the plane in, land perfect at the first lazer behind the boxes (before the jeep). Kill the guys around the jeep and jump in, sticky the lazers, drive to the entrance of the hangar (left side door), use wallcover to kill the guys in the hangar and run for the heli.

Simple, even on hardmode its doable in under 5 minutes solo.

a1958r
  • a1958r

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:25 PM

Get in the plane, get out. Get your own vehicle and to the north of the base in the hills there is a ramp that throws you straight behind the first Laser, continue to driver over & just throw C-4's on the lasers then drive your car straight to the back of the hanger & use it as cover to pick off the guards, then just jump in the CargoBob & deliver it. 

KeeNer187
  • KeeNer187

-_-

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:37 PM

Fly in, sticky all jets, snipe people on the balconys inside the holding bay where the cargo bob is, detonate just before you get in cargo bob

Smart plan. The way I do it is fly in, sometimes jets that you can fly spawn. I snipe the guys in the cargo bob building, hop in the jet and blow up all Lazers and guys on the ground. Parachute into the back parking lot, grab a truck. Drive into the hanger and steal Bob Ross

Haydn
  • Haydn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:40 PM

Why do people bother killing the 3 guys in the cargo bob hangar? If you drive in and park to the right of the cargo bob your drivers door is right next to the drivers door of the bob, just hop out and in, the bob gives you enough cover from the guys and they don't seem to hurt you once you're in... the bob takes a bit of damage though but nothing that'll destroy it even if you smack it around a bit on the way out. The quickest method I've found is:

1) Land between the 2 metal fences leading to the run way and hang a right towards the first lazer.

2) Take cover behind the second set of boxes and snipe the 2 guys by the military 4x4 (headshot and leg+body shot them)

3) As soon as possible start sniping the guys in the truck that spawns closest to you on the right
3.1) If you fail to snipe all the guys in 3) then switch to an assault rifle and kill them as they get close

4) Repeat 3 & 3.1 for the truck that spawns further away, they'll be out of the truck and running at you now.

5) Jump in the 4x4 near the guys you sniped in 2, drive to the furthest lazer and blow it (I do it in this order to get away from any spawned military, happens quite often to me)

6) Drive to the Middle lazer, blow it and the 2 guys next to you, they don't realise yu're hostile until it's too late.

7) Do a u turn to the right, drive up and park to the right of cargo bob as per my first entence, switch vehicles and fly away.

If you're struggling with 2-4, as you fly in the big warehouse has a ladder on the front and back, if you climb up there you can start sniping. If you fail to snipe all the military guys they stupidly climb up the ladder so you can kill them as they reach the top and are defenseless.

Skidwolfe
  • Skidwolfe

The Truth

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:40 PM

It's a hard mission with the unrealistic super respawn rate. Any tips for soloing this or does anyone want to join in? No one is joining me when I look for people in the lobby. I'm on PS3 by the way.

Also, I just got a mission failed with the message "A Lazer was destroyed". Annoying bug there.

add me taki_takitos

Muse182
  • Muse182

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:44 PM

This! Exactly what I do if Ron gives me the job and no one joins. It's quicker and you have more protection if things go wrong.

rampage08
  • rampage08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:49 PM

Once i finished the mission all by myself after my friend lost all their lives. in desperation, i crashed a barrack to the back of the last lazer and it just blown up upon impact, lucky as hell the barrack didnt explode as well lol then i proceed to finish the mission alone, so maybe try "raping" the lazers in he back with the barrack truck to see if it destroyed once you hit it ? Might make the mission easier

Goldzero
  • Goldzero

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:52 PM

So much bullsh*t here. By far the easiest, and fastest way is not to use the plane at all, and not firing a single bullet.

-Get in the plane, and get out.

-Get to your car, and drive to the north side of the military base. There is a hill that you can use as a ramp to get to the base.

-Just drive around and destroy the lazers by throwing C4 out of your car.

-And like I said, don't even bother killing the guys guarding the cargo bob. Just park your car to the right side of the cargo bob and you won't get hit. All the enemies are on the left side.

-Steal the cargo bob and you're pretty much done. Takes usually about 5 minutes.

sSphInXx
  • sSphInXx

Valley Of The Kings

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:59 PM

Done it like this. There's a ramp that you can use to access the base even with a slow car. Great vids on youtube about it.

I done this with one other friend on hard and after failing several times trying to kill the soldiers he had the idea of just driving past the jets and sticky-ing them.

So i got my sentinal which was armoured to about 40% i think with bullet proof tires. Got in the base, drove to the laser at the end of the run way, done a drive by sticky, then repeated with other two. Handbraked turned, drove to the cargobob, detonated all the stickies on the way there. He got out and into the heli while I covered as soon as the rotors were moving fast enough for take off I got into the side and we were out of there in less than three mins lol.

Took at least 15 mins when we tried to fly therfe in rons plane lol.

Note: at the beginning of the mission you have to get in the plane for the message to disappear...but you can just get out again.

Tip: I'm only remembering this while im typing..I dont think you'll need it but if you find yourself dying while in the car you can always call brucie and buy some BST to withstand damage. I've never bought this so it'll be interesting to see whether it's similar to trevors ability in single player.

sSphInXx
  • sSphInXx

Valley Of The Kings

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:00 PM

So much bullsh*t here. By far the easiest, and fastest way is not to use the plane at all, and not firing a single bullet.

-Get in the plane, and get out.

-Get to your car, and drive to the north side of the military base. There is a hill that you can use as a ramp to get to the base.

-Just drive around and destroy the lazers by throwing C4 out of your car.

-And like I said, don't even bother killing the guys guarding the cargo bob. Just park your car to the right side of the cargo bob and you won't get hit. All the enemies are on the left side.

-Steal the cargo bob and you're pretty much done. Takes usually about 5 minutes.

LOL yeah ok, that ^

You posted while I was typingggg damn youuu :p

FATSTOGIE
  • FATSTOGIE

Prankster

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:02 PM Edited by FATSTOGIE, 17 October 2013 - 01:04 PM.

That mission is extremely easy.  Even to do by yourself.  I have a recording of my and my friend doing it.  Was thinking of making a vid.

Anyway.

Take the plane, DO NOT JUMP A DUMBASS CAR INTO THE BASE, HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE WASTE OF TIME.

Land at the far end of the runway where the 3rd plane is.  You blow up the 3rd plane.  When you do that truck comes at you with 6 gusy in it.  I snipe the guys out of the back, then it rolls up and driver and passnger get out and i kill them(without blowing the tires).

Then i take that truck and drive it to the other planes.  Slow down, but dont stop, and drive by the other planes and hit them with sticky bombs.  Then drive the truck towards the hanger.  Another truck shows up as you go, sticky that one too so those guys dont run into the hangar on you.

Pull into the hanger and park in the far right back corner.  Get out and kill those 5 guys in the hangar then hop in the chopper and fly away.

Takes about 6 minutes. I usually have a friend on but i can easily do it by myself. 

Dont waste time trying to shoot dudes.  Just get in the chopper and haul ass.

Dont listen to these tards saying its faster to drive.  Ive argued with retards doing this and i usually am leaving with the chopper before they even get tot he base.

DO NOT DRIVE.  THIS IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO STUPID AND TAKES SOOO MUCH MORE TIME.

HeavySaucer
  • HeavySaucer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:24 PM Edited by HeavySaucer, 17 October 2013 - 01:25 PM.

This is the easiest way that I've done it. I take Ron's plane and land it in the hangar right next to the cargo bob. I sprint to the cargo bob and steal it right away and land it in the parking lot you spawn in when you die. Then I steal a marine truck, do a lap around the base to blow up the jets, go back to the cargo bob and fly away! I never even have to fire one bullet.

If you want to add some fun, you can sticky bomb a car and pick it up with the cargo bob then drop it on the jet!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users