GTA VI in Vice City?

19 replies to this topic
FlyUS
  • FlyUS

Street Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:30 AM

2 cops just got ran over by an NPC, and after one of the paramedics examine the cop, he said, "I should move to Vice City".

Could this be a possible hint for GTA VI? It's not a troll thread btw, I just want to know why he said that...
  • GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY likes this

NYdreamz
  • NYdreamz

Born Sinner

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:37 AM

I think it's gonna b vice in 6.... but even if it isn't ... the reason that was said ... whether it be in HD era or not ... Anyone who's play GTA knows what vice city is ... so I wouldn't take that as a hint

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:46 AM Edited by Official General, 17 October 2013 - 12:25 PM.

@ FlyUS

I can see why you might have thought that because.....

When I first played GTA IV, I can remember some Jamaican gang members hanging out on a street in Broker having a conversation, and one of them stated that, " them girls in Vice City are so hot". I thought that was a very strong indication that GTA V would be set in Vice City, honestly I did. I was very surprised (and a bit disappointed) when the first trailer revealed that V was set in Los Santos. 

How wrong I turned out to be. 

So yeah. like the guy above said, I would not take that as a hint, learn from my lesson ! But to be honest, I can't think of any other location for GTA 6 apart from Vice City, I would really expect Rockstar to re-visit VC for the next GTA installment this time around. 

Sirpepperoni
  • Sirpepperoni

Trick

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:49 AM

f*ck I hop so.. Vc on next gen would be amazing
  • FlyUS likes this

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:50 AM

The peds are always name dropping other cities. They've never been proven to be an indication of where we're headed next, just little, audible easter eggs to remind us we're still playing in a GTA universe.

United_Stealth
  • United_Stealth

Scooter brother

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:05 PM

I don't think it means anything and it's just a joke.

VI could easily be SF, LV or another city we haven't visited yet.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:07 PM

f*ck I hop so.. Vc on next gen would be amazing

http://gtaforums.com...-it-looks-like/

Check my thread to get an indication of what a next-gen VC might look like. This is could be VC in the making one day. 

• FlyUS likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:11 PM

From a branding point of view, it just makes sense:

GTA VIce City. VI. VICE. SEE WHAT I DID THERE?

Never mind. I'll go back to drinking at my desk. 

• FlyUS likes this

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:26 PM

While I loved Vice City as a setting, if it's in the 21st century (like Rockstar seems to want to do with all GTA games now unfortunately) I doubt it would work. Hell, my choice would be San Fierro in the 70's: it deserves to be done right, so why not in the era that defines it?

Plus, if GTA VII was Vice City it would work better: Grand Theft Auto VIce CIty

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Gangsta

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:30 PM

I think San Fierro is more appealing.  San Francisco has China Town and Alcatraz.

Trevor's Mother
  • Trevor's Mother

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:33 PM

I would like to see a city outside US like london, or an entirely new city that was never used.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:47 PM Edited by Official General, 17 October 2013 - 12:56 PM.

While I loved Vice City as a setting, if it's in the 21st century (like Rockstar seems to want to do with all GTA games now unfortunately) I doubt it would work. Hell, my choice would be San Fierro in the 70's: it deserves to be done right, so why not in the era that defines it?

Why would it not work ? Why the f**k do some people on here keep harping on about the 1980s when talking about Vice City ? Just because the first VC was set in the 1980s, some people think that's the only way a next VC game would work, which is total bullsh*t. For f**k sake, give that sh*t a rest man.The original VC captured the 1980s vibe brilliantly, but it should be left at that. Let it go. A modern day Miami has plenty to offer for a new GTA game. And no, a 1970s San Fierro would be boring, I can't see what was so exciting or interesting about that era in San Francisco. 

@ John The Grudge

San Fierro on it's own ? Nah, it would be that good. Rockstar could have included San Fierro in GTA V, but they chose to give us lots of countryisde and wilderness that was of not much use in the end.

@ Trevor's Mother

GTA is not happening outside of America, just deal with it. 

Hooves07
  • Hooves07

Street Cat

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:12 PM

Why would it not work ? Why the f**k do some people on here keep harping on about the 1980s when talking about Vice City ? Just because the first VC was set in the 1980s, some people think that's the only way a next VC game would work, which is total bullsh*t. For f**k sake, give that sh*t a rest man.The original VC captured the 1980s vibe brilliantly, but it should be left at that. Let it go. A modern day Miami has plenty to offer for a new GTA game. And no, a 1970s San Fierro would be boring, I can't see what was so exciting or interesting about that era in San Francisco. 

@ John The Grudge

San Fierro on it's own ? Nah, it would be that good. Rockstar could have included San Fierro in GTA V, but they chose to give us lots of countryisde and wilderness that was of not much use in the end.

@ Trevor's Mother

GTA is not happening outside of America, just deal with it. 

I guess you work for R*? I am also guessing you never played GTA: London.

If they did Vice City that's fine by me, but I wouldn't mind seeing a new location in this universe.

If they do I guess we will have to see 1000 bazillion "I saw Tommy Vercetti" posts.

cheetah_7
  • cheetah_7

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:11 PM

I could really imagine it being a next-gen 80s Vice City. A first trailer with neon lights and an iconic 80s song. It just wouldn't work as modern day Vice City IMO.  

Is Carcer city chicago? could be there. 

Or Las venturas/San Fierro - and they might throw in GTA V's Los Santos for could measure, after they've tweaked it up to next-gen graphics (which wont be too hard, as it doesn't look like the leap is going to be too breathtaking this time around!). 

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:26 PM Edited by Official General, 17 October 2013 - 02:27 PM.

@ Hooves07

I guess you work for R*? I am also guessing you never played GTA: London.

That GTA London was a total one-off and it was a very long time ago (1999), we are talking like nearly 15 years ago. Rockstar themselves stated that was a special one-off that would not be repeated. 

Rockstar themselves stated in an interview that will not set GTA outside of the USA, it would not work. How much more credible evidence do you need ? Don't take it up with me, take it up with them if you can't accept that. 

AlmightyHabbib
  • AlmightyHabbib

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:38 PM Edited by AlmightyHabbib, 17 October 2013 - 02:38 PM.

Vice city would be nice, though I don't know how much it would fit as a sequel to expansive countryside of LS, but surely would be nice. Don't put too much hope in it, because the magic which was present when you played GTA:VC will be gone, It might be a good game, maybe even super awesome-amazing-stuff-MAN but the magic will be gone, and then the GTAForums will flood with people whinging again :D Oh can't wait

dinoman
  • dinoman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:57 PM

My wish is for a future GTA game to include all cities, LC, VC, LS, SF, LV and maybe Carcer City, since that city has been talked about alot in earlier games. I realize if this is going to happen, it won't be for a few new generations of consoles... But i can still hope.

Jimmy Darmody
  • Jimmy Darmody

Don

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:59 PM

lol, why should it be in Vice City? They didn't make GTA V in VC because doing it in SA was a far better option and now they are going back to an inferior city like Vice City for the sake of?

I mean, i don't discard the option, but we've seen R* having a huge interest in the Midwest, with North Yankton or Carcer City, i'd say they are interested on breaking the pattern of keeping it in LC, VC and SA...I hope they stop remaking old cities undiscriminatley and put work to new ones

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:07 PM

I would like to see a city outside US like london, or an entirely new city that was never used.

you mean like GTA2 when they used london?

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

Trappin like the Vagos

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:12 PM

People Carcer city is NOT the Midwest. Its been stated by R thats is North of Liberty City.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users