Catchup is one of the most annoying settings in the game

65 replies to this topic
Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:03 PM

It's not nearly as bad as people think. I've raced over 30 races each time with catchup on. I'd say 50% of those the leader that led at start had won the race.

People over react to everything if it isn't exactly how they want it.

Welcome to the 'me' 'now' pathetic generation

That's because if you don't make the lead you will spend the majority of time playing bumper cars with kids/noobs and smashing into laggy/pop up traffic.

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:09 PM

The catchup effect should decrease gradually as the race progresses. It would give all players a chance to recover from the rugby going on at the start and the better racers would be able to stay in front towards the end.

I could live with that, although I'd still rather see it turned off by default.

autoduck
  • autoduck

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:14 PM

They need to tone down slip stream as well. The speed boost it gives is unrealistic, its like a nos boost. Today I caught up directly behind another driver through slip stream and spun him out of the track by gently nudging him. How is it possible for him to spin out when I crash from behind while we were on a straight road? Its like R* wanted ramming to be a part of racing.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:15 PM

So what you would class as a bad gamer? A bad gamer is subject to opinion and could never be classified correctly.

I think a bad gamer is someone who religiously plays a game on the easiest settings without ever wanting to get better.

Ok, i see your point but i wouldn't say that makes you a bad gamer. Just because a person plays with AA and catchup on doesn't mean that they are going to be bad players when FA and catchup are turned off.

tittypop
  • tittypop

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:37 PM

I don't do races any more in general.  They're a big f*cking joke all round.

Every retard thinks the way to win is to smash everyone else off the road.

this right here sums it up for me, racing games are some of my favs and the thing i like about this game more then ANYTHING is driving around capping people, going offroading, having friendly fun races and such but nooo everybody just slipsteams into you while taking a corner and SMASH just like the f*cking cops in this game rubber banding at 500 mph and hitting you so hard your vehicles flies 200 feet away... not realistic and not fun at all lol

Dr Rad
  • Dr Rad

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:30 AM

Not sure which I hate more..that catchup its actually in the game or that its the default option.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users