Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is Flying through the Windshield Totally Random or what?

15 replies to this topic
Yoshack_Fyre
  • Yoshack_Fyre

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:05 AM Edited by Yoshack_Fyre, 19 October 2013 - 05:48 AM.

I can't figure it out. I can be going at top speed and run into something and take NO physical damage and stay in the driver's seat. Other times I'll be travelling not very fast at all, and hit something not even stationary, and go flying through the windshield. Sometimes you SURVIVE it, even if you're low on health. Sometimes even FULL HEALTH and FULL ARMOR, you get KILLED before your body even touches the GROUND. What is the issue with these "Through the Windshield" occurances. I like how if you sit on a motorcycle for a few seconds without moving that you put a helmet on. How about add the same thing to a vehicle, but have it be if you sit in it for 3 seconds before moving, you BUCKLE YOUR SEATBELT. If the seatbelt were part of the game, I can guarantee a lot of people would use and appreciate the function. Especially in online play. Since it seems to happen at random I can only imagine that it happens at the WORST possible times for most players and must seem totally unfair, like the game has been rigged against you.

EDIT, Suggestion for Death by Flying Through Windshield: 

SON OF A BITCH ROCKSTAR!!!! If you are going to cause random deaths by having people fly through the windshield, at least let the whole scene play out!!! If I'm going to get killed flying through the windshield, I want to see the body fly as far as it will, hit the ground, leave a blood stain, bounce, tumble, roll and then die. As it is now the game starts loading you at the hospital before the body hits the pavement. That is totally ridiculous. Let the death scene play out!!!!!!

Mcquiz
  • Mcquiz

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:09 AM

Yeah it doesn't make much sense, I've hit a wall at high speed and didn't get hurt while I hit a pole that broke in mid air and flew out of the windscreen and died.

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• Forum Bureau of Investigation

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:12 AM Edited by King Kapone, 17 October 2013 - 11:13 AM.

If you hit your top speed when colliding head on with an object, be it a street pole, wall, or another vehicle, trust me that you're flying out of your windshield.

It's based on whether or not you reached top speed I think.

grimper12341
  • grimper12341

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:44 PM

I've only ever flown out the windshield on Michael, and he's done it like 6 times now, it's never happened to Trevor or Franklin. There's nothing that can explain that...so I'm guessing it's totally random.

jerrodh7244
  • jerrodh7244

The Big Boss

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:58 PM

If you hit your top speed when colliding head on with an object, be it a street pole, wall, or another vehicle, trust me that you're flying out of your windshield.

It's based on whether or not you reached top speed I think.

False. I have in fact been at about a 35 degree angle (avoiding a crash) and slamming on the brakes and flown out the window. Other times full speed in a super car hit a wall dead on stay in the car... 

visionist
  • visionist

Eat A Peach For Hours

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:03 PM

We've been begging for seatbelts for five years.

Looks like the begging is to continue.

• Evo X Ali likes this

denzeldenzel
  • denzeldenzel

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:11 PM

I had a feeling that there was a seatbelt in 4? Either that or SA. 

I always 'eject' at the worst times!

GTA Worthy
  • GTA Worthy

GTA OG

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:51 PM Edited by GTA Worthy, 17 October 2013 - 10:51 PM.

Its happened to me alot with all 3 characters.. always at a bad time haha
  • Evo X Ali likes this

Ragref
  • Ragref

Fighting terror!

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:25 AM

I had a feeling that there was a seatbelt in 4? Either that or SA. 

I always 'eject' at the worst times!

The seatbelt was a mod in GTA 4. And you can't eject through the windshield in the 3D universe GTAs.

pokemon4ever
  • pokemon4ever

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:07 AM

They have seatbelts in some sa-mp servers lol. But yeah some big inconsistencies in how you're ejected.

Yoshack_Fyre
  • Yoshack_Fyre

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:47 AM

I just found a new sports car as Trevor that I hadn't found yet as any other character. I decide to drive around some and raise his driving stat. I zip down the street, dodging cars, then go over a hill and see a red light with two cars stopped at it. I had no time to avoid them so I hit the brakes. I slow down a little but still slam into the back of one of them. Of course you know what happens next. I go flying through the windshield. But the kicker is that I'm WASTED......BEFORE

my body hits the ground......

SON OF A BITCH ROCKSTAR!!!! If you are going to cause random deaths by having people fly through the windshield, at least let the whole scene play out!!! If I'm going to get killed flying through the windshield, I want to see the body fly as far as it will, hit the ground, leave a blood stain, bounce, tumble, roll and then die. As it is now the game starts loading you at the hospital before the body hits the pavement. That is totally ridiculous. Let the death scene play out!!!!!!

Jako98146
  • Jako98146

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:00 AM

All I know is that every time it happened to me, it was with sports cars going fast, and i die every time

Not instantly dying from that at full health is something I miss from GTA 4

Evo X Ali
  • Evo X Ali

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:03 AM

we want seat belts!!! what kind of retards don't put seat belts!? oh wait then they'll make us die randomly or at high speeds even if the seat belt is on, then we would be requesting for airbags!! uh screw this.......

• zielarz119 likes this

Yoshack_Fyre
  • Yoshack_Fyre

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:18 AM

Airbags......hmmmm......... I never thought about that. All cars now have standard airbags. When you think about it, it's very very weird that the cars in GTA don't have them. It would be great. Anytime you get in a crash over 30 MPH your airbag goes off. It would be great, then you could choose to get a different car, or drive around with a deployed airbag. That would be a great comedic element for an otherwise grittier game. Not to say nothing funny happens in GTA, there is a lot of funny stuff going on, but people driving with deployed airbags would be awesome.

• Evo X Ali likes this

Evo X Ali
  • Evo X Ali

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:35 AM

Airbags......hmmmm......... I never thought about that. All cars now have standard airbags. When you think about it, it's very very weird that the cars in GTA don't have them. It would be great. Anytime you get in a crash over 30 MPH your airbag goes off. It would be great, then you could choose to get a different car, or drive around with a deployed airbag. That would be a great comedic element for an otherwise grittier game. Not to say nothing funny happens in GTA, there is a lot of funny stuff going on, but people driving with deployed airbags would be awesome.

lol yeah it would be funny, i think generally rockstar missed a lot of things.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

The Killer Hills Killer

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:47 AM

It happens to me very often when I slam into someone while using Franklin's special ability.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users