Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:53 PM

I'd rather play Righteous Slaughter 7.

• GTAspotter likes this

kotaco
  • kotaco

Clan mXm

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:55 PM

I doubt cod will break GTAs record .... But let's be honest yall could say what yall want about COD ... but cod is the only gaming franchise respectable enough to call out GTAs sales

What's respectable about taking advantage of gamers by rehashing the same game over and over again with few improvements while riding on the general populations stupidity and blind allegiance when it comes to brand recognition and million dollar marketing tactics? In my eyes they are basically the Apple of the gaming world.

• Lucchese likes this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:57 PM

Good luck. You still wont beat Rockstar because your games are rehased utter bullsh*t.
  • biggsull likes this

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:36 PM Edited by Lil ski, 17 October 2013 - 05:37 PM.

I don't think it would beat it. Come close? yeah. It's still the Madden of FPS's.... but I don't think the sales would shatter the record books like V did, good jesus! I don't see that many people as hyped up for it as V was....execpt for lil kids and hypefags (swag-fags who get the latest and greatest sh*t to look popular and hip then forget about it a week later lol) they're gonna ride the fail train until it derails off a bridge.

I'd probably rent it tho or 

Spoiler

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:48 PM

And another thing about the sales record, COD doesn't sell their games in $150 Collector's edition packages either. If the next COD game was to make available, say $150 packages with exclusive weapons for use online, that would not be made available at a later date via DLC, then yea, the record stands a chance to be broken. There are people willing to waste their money on anything, history has proven.

It's all about the marketing fellas.

I mean for f*ck sake, the "new" iPhone 5S and 5C have sold 9 million units already. Compare that to GTA V's 15 million unit sold, does anyone see that its a bit ridiculous we're still buying iPhones when they haven't changed a whole lot over the years?

It's all about the marketing.

People will spend their money.

For anyone who cares, some organizations estimate that the iPhone (all generations included) has surpassed 300 million units sold, in total, between 2007 and the present. Also, the iPod (again all generations) has sold over 350 million units since 2001.

Yep, it's official, the human race has stopped evolving. If anything, we're devolving. Spending  £300-£500 every 1-2 years, on something that is practically the same. The only reason I'm replacing my HTC One X in the next 6 months, is because the battery is shot (literally lasts 20-30mins of constant use). I think I'll go for that dust/waterproof Samsung, which actually allows you to replace the battery & memory card yourself.

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the fright

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:06 PM

Awww sh*t the Guitar Hero of shooters just called out GTA. We're done for.

jptawok
  • jptawok

Lester the Molestor

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:14 PM

Unfortunately for Activision, they're in for a big fall, WoW is bleeding subscribers from the neck, and I think CoD is going to do record LOWS this time around.

SuperDuperGta
  • SuperDuperGta

Homie

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:18 PM

Lol, aka he knows hes got a 5 year window in world where the population is increasing at a crazy rate

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:19 PM

lol the last fps game i bought was battlefield 3. im just not a fan of fps games anymore

GankThis110
  • GankThis110

Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:20 PM

They might beat GTA in 10 yr holds but that's about it.

Fizzlepop531
  • Fizzlepop531

Peon

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:29 PM

Rockstar has 1 sale that Activision won't be getting.

I have never, and will never buy a Call of Duty game. Or any FPS for that matter.

Worst Genre ever.

But that is just my opinion...and I love racing games where I drive in circles for hours on end. So take my opinion for what you will lol.

• Lucchese likes this

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:48 AM Edited by John The Grudge, 18 October 2013 - 07:49 AM.

Put effort into a game. Spend more then a year making it and I will consider looking at the game.

To be fair each COD title has a two year development time.  The fact that the games are stale and uninspiring with some of the worst single player experiences of this generation is simply down to a lack of talent.  Even with all the ambition in the world, COD as we know it is the best that those people can do.

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:24 PM

Rockstar has 1 sale that Activision won't be getting.

I have never, and will never buy a Call of Duty game. Or any FPS for that matter.

Worst Genre ever.

But that is just my opinion...and I love racing games where I drive in circles for hours on end. So take my opinion for what you will lol.

This is exactly my thoughts.

I simply can't get into FPS games. The only one I ever actually liked was Goldeneye for the N64.

I remembered buying MW2 to see what all the fuss was about, and was instantly bored with it after the first few missions.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:39 PM

Only if they make COD an open-world shooter where we can jack vehicles and hire hookers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users