» «
Photo

Activision boss looks forward to beating GTA sales record

73 replies to this topic
plz honor me
  • plz honor me

that guy

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:23 PM Edited by plz honor me, 17 October 2013 - 12:23 PM.

Not gonna happen! COD is almost dead.

yup almost selling 13mil units on black ops 2 is almost dead ur right...

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:41 PM

Activision can keep dreaming.

Seriously, though COD is slowly declining. Black Ops 2 didn't sell as much as MW3, first time in the series. I'm sure that sometime in the future a game might (only might) break GTA V's record but it definitely isn't COD, I don't see any game breaking V's record for a good few years, though.

.kiwi_4
  • .kiwi_4

Previously known as KiiWiiDeee

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:46 PM

Activision are f*cking c*nts. Their audience currently is 12 year old kids who call each other "noob", "camper" and "hard-scoper". What a pile of f*cking sh*t. GTA has already passed BO2's lifetime sales. He's a cocky motherf*cker.

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Gangsta

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:52 PM Edited by John The Grudge, 17 October 2013 - 12:54 PM.

They might beat GTA V's sales record but COD will still be unambitious, uninspiring and over a decade out of date.  COD is a rotting corpse and it's beginning to stink up the gaming industry.

Leafy Hollow
  • Leafy Hollow

Chief Marketing Officer for Trevor Phillip's Interprise

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:53 PM

The COD promotion machine is already rolling out in force so I wouldn't be surprised if it did end up beating GTA's numbers which IMO would just confirm what we all already know about the current state of gaming and gamers themselves.

Silverbolt Wolf
  • Silverbolt Wolf

the resident furry

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:55 PM

Now if they made a whole brand new CoD like CoD 4 good then yeah they might have a chance. But if they keep listening to "OMGZ I want QU1CKSC0P3Z!" Then no they don't even have a chance

jefflcarr
  • jefflcarr

Hawkeye

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:11 PM

I don't see this happening.  Just based on my casual observation and experience COD has peaked and is beginning to decline.  I bought every release from COD4 through Black Ops 2 and played each one almost exclusively during that time.  I stopped playing MW3 about 3 months before BO2 came out and I stopped playing BO2 by January, only 2 months after release.

I know I'm probably not representative of the typical gamer (29, married, full time career and plenty of responsibilities that keep me busy), but I've burned out on COD and I'm guessing I'm not the only one.

I think what has lead to this is the annual release schedule.  I don't like only having a year to enjoy a game before a replacement comes out and the herd moves on. 

I'm sure Ghosts will sell millions of copies, but I think the series is probably entering its twilight.  I don't see any way it will beat GTA V's numbers.

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:28 PM

They might, I heard they are going to add blue dog collars, that is the most revolutionary thing they have come up with for a Call Of Dooty game in 10+ years!

droidbradley
  • droidbradley

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:32 PM

Sad thing is, they probably will.

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:36 PM

Sad thing is, they probably will.

I actually hope so, means less squeaky 12 year old playing GTAO

Khaos89
  • Khaos89

Has a small willy

• BUSTED!
  • Antarctica

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:12 PM

Delusional idiot.

Drifty1337
  • Drifty1337

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:16 PM

Lol that statement clearly shows how much focus is on the money.

instead of saying 'Were looking forward to put down a better game then GTA' you'll get ''Were looking forward on taking the sales record before the next gta.''

Hhahaha..ha.. yeah.....

Jimmy Darmody
  • Jimmy Darmody

Don

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:33 PM

I think it's not unpossible to beat GTA 5 sales, but won't happen just yet, it may take a while. 

Stockton209What
  • Stockton209What

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:35 PM

The online will be much better than GTA's

nitr0monkey
  • nitr0monkey

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:39 PM Edited by nitr0monkey, 17 October 2013 - 03:40 PM.

A sad truth, it hasn't even been a month and people already have millions of cash, along with unlocking everything. Not even CoD f*cked up online multiplayer as bad as this.

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:39 PM

LOL, kind of hard to say when Rockstar has not released all of the  online content. COD is the same thing, every, game, how people are not bored to death of it yet is mind boggling.

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:39 PM

Suck my big fat cock activision.

Put effort into a game. Spend more then a year making it and I will consider looking at the game.

I dont care how good people say the yearly releases of cod are I dont even look at gameplay because I already know they just money.hungry bitches releasing rushed games

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:40 PM Edited by biggsull, 17 October 2013 - 03:51 PM.

They are living in a f*cking dream world if they think any new call of duty title will ever break 1 bill in 3 days. That series has been absolute garbage since MW2, the only saving grace of that was 3rd person and it was thrown in last minute half assed.. and everyone was terribad at it too.

I haven't purchased a single call of duty title since that atrocity which was MW2, I refuse to buy one ever again, never ever ever will I support that chain of games, even if it was turned around and totally made around people who actually have skill. They have lost my business.

EA just cant figure out how their model of "make games for the absolute bottom of the barrel of skill so that everyone can enjoy themselves but in reality the people who are actually skilled gamers dont." has failed and a game like GTA that hasnt compromised (much until this bad sport thing) their product has crushed them.. with an almost non existent add campaign..

I didnt even know GTA5 was coming out until it already had. I got it in the first 3 days.

it's beginning to stink up the gaming industry.

People are just catching on to what I noticed like 5 titles ago.

If you've ever played red orchestra.. I played a demo a long time ago, big ww2 multiplayer shooter.. but on the realistic side and how a ww2 shooter should be... came out and said that call of duty has ruined a generation of gamers... immediately came under fire from thousands of call of duty kiddies whos intelligence.. or lack thereof was insulted.

http://www.pcgamer.c...ra-2-interview/

John Gibson, President: I think that single-player shooters are getting better. I think they’re finally coming out from under the shadow of the Hollywood movie, overblown “I’m on a rail” linear shooter. I’m talking about Call of Duty-style shooters. In the late ‘90s, you had the original Deus Ex, which was an RPG-shooter. And those kind of games almost took an eight year hiatus. And I’m so excited to see them coming back with interesting gameplay. Like the Fallout games, even though their shooting mechanics could really use some improvement, just mixing a really cool story, but not a linear story, one that you create yourself. The melding of RPG elements and shooter elements has been great. I’ve seen this reflected in a lot of the reviews, it’s like, “Okay guys, we’re tired of this on-rails experience.”

Reading further... oh yea, he knows whats up...

I make it sound like there was a combative conversation, probably because I get a little emotional when I think about it. But it was really a calm discussion of, “What don’t you like?” and “It doesn’t feel like Call of Duty.” Almost every element boiled down to “it doesn’t feel like Call of Duty.” And really, watching some of these guys play… one of the things that Call of Duty does, and it’s smart business, to a degree, is they compress the skill gap. And the way you compress the skill gap as a designer is you add a whole bunch of randomness. A whole bunch of weaponry that doesn’t require any skill to get kills. Random spawns, massive cone fire on your weapons. Lots of devices that can get kills with zero skill at all, and you know, it’s kind of smart to compress your skill gap to a degree. You don’t want the elite players to destroy the new players so bad that new players can never get into the game and enjoy it. I’m looking at you, Dota. [laughs] Sorry

nitr0monkey
  • nitr0monkey

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:43 PM

They are living in a f*cking dream world if they think any new call of duty title will ever break 1 bill in 3 days. That series has been absolute garbage since MW2, the only saving grace of that was 3rd person and it was thrown in last minute half assed.. and everyone was terribad at it too.

I haven't purchased a single call of duty title since that atrocity which was MW2, I refuse to buy one ever again, never ever ever will I support that chain of games, even if it was turned around and totally made around people who actually have skill. They have lost my business.

EA just cant figure out how their model of "make games for the absolute bottom of the barrel of skill so that everyone can enjoy themselves but in reality the people who are actually skilled gamers dont." has failed and a game like GTA that hasnt compromised (much until this bad sport thing) their product has crushed them.. with an almost non existent add campaign..

I didnt even know GTA5 was coming out until it already had. I got it in the first 3 days.

EA makes battlefield, which is just as bad as cod anyways

PoopyCock
  • PoopyCock

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:43 PM

If they do good for them.. But like many others have said and everykne knows there main audience is 12 year olds ( that age area). The franchise COD has been sh*t in recent years, I personally have not enjoy the multiplayer aince world at war which had decent sized maps and had a balance of weapons, the kill streaks, and with the tanks, made it a fun title, also i enjoy world war II.. But alot of the sales for black ops 1&2 where based on the zombies portion which in honesty is just a cash gimic sure they pit money into it what ever, but dlc at $15 each it really cant go much further the audience is bound to greatly decline. Their a alot of better games out there but they dont have the funds to go out and out advertise activision. They can use the sales statistics and say there game is the best but in truth it sucks, its over played now, and their system is sh*t.

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:53 PM Edited by biggsull, 17 October 2013 - 04:01 PM.

EA makes battlefield, which is just as bad as cod anyways

All BF before BF3 was fine, BF3 was the step over the line into lets steal the call of duty kiddies money type business model.

I won't buy BF4. If not for that, then because they used f*cking rhianna on the commercial.

Same dbags who imposed that model I described above in closing the skill gap to world of warcraft when blizzard sold out.. they replaced the team of devs and made an entirely different game around the shell that was one of the best games of all time.

I know wow isnt for everyone but its a good example, the first game something like 5 10% of the people made it to see the final content because it was so difficult, when you beat a boss, you felt a feeling of accomplishment.. you could brag, it was a feat to do it... slowly over each expansion that type of thing was changed.. now you can play the absolute hardest content, spur of the moment jumping in with 24 random retards, some of them saying they are healers and then just coming to do damage or whatever instead.. you plow through every fighting ignoring everything that makes it different from the next or the previous, it turns into kill the dude with the mark over his head... and then you collect your undeserved loot and move onto the next joke.

Everyone experiences everything and no one needs any skill, you might aswell click the button, have a couple items be given to you and then be put into a real players body and watch them do the raid the way it should be.

In PVP terms, every class sorta had its own unique abilities, a few of each, some were shared over 1 or 2 other classes but like warriors could cut healing 50% and rogues could go invisible, warlocks had a thing to make people run around, mages could turn you into a sheep... eventually people bitched "I want this I want that, its no fair they get this and I dont"

Every class is pretty much the same garbage now.. everyone was given everything, no ones ability is unique anymore, it turned from everyone has an ability thats cool and is fun to use against other people.. to everyone has everything and no one is unique, class choice is meaningless, playing anyone is just about the same as playing someone else... and everything takes 30 seconds to jump into and learn.

My point, EA/Activision are poison, any game they touch will wither and die besides EA sports titles.

-Hurry-up
  • -Hurry-up

WOFP

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:58 PM

In there dream

f*ck your self !!!

ThatGr
  • ThatGr

Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:13 PM

Bring out a Crash Bandicoot game and you just might

Crash Team Racing v2.0

Crash Warped v.2.0

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:24 PM

OK then Mr Activision boss...

But answer me this: Is your boring, repetitive sh*tty little game going to be a contender for GOTY this year?

Yeah, that's what I thought.....

See unlike Activisions generic franchise, GTA can pull in the customers AND be a quality game at the same time.

GTA564
  • GTA564

gta>

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:31 PM Edited by GTA564, 17 October 2013 - 04:31 PM.

Maybe he should think of new ideas for the game, before thinking about sales

it's so sad that these idiots working in the games industry

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:47 PM

lol, I have this urge to try and be the voice of reason. Again, I say this as a GTA fan..

For everyone who's saying COD is repetitive, please tell me what GTA has done exactly to not be the same exact "drive here, shoot this guy, buy this, shoot that guy" game since 1997?

It's silly to argue that franchise titles are repetitive.. as a franchise, they're supposed to be repetitive. That's the whole point of a franchise being a franchise.

• nitr0monkey likes this

LiveApk25
  • LiveApk25

Big Mouth Prick

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:49 PM

LOL. what a funny statement that is,i dont think COD will beat gta though

"Congratulations to the team at Rockstar for their success," UK senior brand manager Kevin Flynn told MCV, doubtless while grinning like a shark. "We look forward to getting the record back before the next GTA title"

(from OXM UK)

To Activision

"Stop Day Dreaming"

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:51 PM

Fewer kevlar than ever.

Um, aren't there like six different bullet proof vests to buy? Maybe it's my imagination but that's 5 more than any other game had.

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:52 PM

Not gonna happen! COD is almost dead.

yup almost selling 13mil units on black ops 2 is almost dead ur right...

Go back to it then if it's so great, you clearly aren't wanted among the GTA community.

No CoD fanboy is.

Killerdude
  • Killerdude

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• The Yardies
  • Canada

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:53 PM

Remember guys, COD is the only series to actually beat GTA in sales, Before the next GTA release, They leapfrog each other all the time.

Is it possible?

Yes, Is it likely? Not really, COD is kinda heading down, People losing interest, etc..

imho, I don't see it happening this game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users