Photo

Installed GTA IV after a few years hiatus - auto-center camera gripes

2 replies to this topic
Boooster
  • Boooster

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:31 AM

I recently built a new PC and while waiting for GTA V decided to give GTA IV a try again.  It's a lot of fun (and LOTS smoother than when I used to play) and I'm getting acquainted with flying the helicopter again.

Anyway, my main question is this, while walking around I like to hold W and user the mouse to look around (as free-look; not to change direction), but it keeps trying to auto-center it for me!  It's driving me a bit crazy.  I can't really rememebr this being an issue when I used to play all those years ago, so I must have found a fix for it.  I can't see anything in the control menu about this - can someone assist with getting this shut off?

Thanks

Mcquiz
  • Mcquiz

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:29 AM

I recently built a new PC and while waiting for GTA V decided to give GTA IV a try again.  It's a lot of fun (and LOTS smoother than when I used to play) and I'm getting acquainted with flying the helicopter again.

Anyway, my main question is this, while walking around I like to hold W and user the mouse to look around (as free-look; not to change direction), but it keeps trying to auto-center it for me!  It's driving me a bit crazy.  I can't really rememebr this being an issue when I used to play all those years ago, so I must have found a fix for it.  I can't see anything in the control menu about this - can someone assist with getting this shut off?

Thanks

Pretty much just have the mouse in your hand at all times.

Boooster
  • Boooster

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:22 AM

Bummer to hear that there isn't an official fix for this - I'll try googling to see if there is something I can edit in game files.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users