Photo

Anyone else gotten bored of GTA:O?

32 replies to this topic
SPACExDUCK
  • SPACExDUCK

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:21 AM

After two weeks this game has lost interest. Now I only find it enjoyable to hunt down other players with my Sniper Rifle.

What have you guys been doing to keep yourself occupied ingame?

iPlay
  • iPlay

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:22 AM Edited by iPlay, 17 October 2013 - 07:23 AM.

I'm still finding it pretty fun
Really determined to get level 100 and tanking around Nd also flying with a buzzard is pretty fun

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:25 AM

I'm getting bored of it myself. The PvP modes are sucking ass because there's only ever three or four people in a DM or race, and selling cars to LS customs or doing missions has become a chore.

TheInsider
  • TheInsider

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:36 AM

Messing around with friends is fun, but also costly. I'm looking forward to some DLC that hopefully will be arriving soon. More activities and games to play would be cool. 

Ecstasyisfun
  • Ecstasyisfun

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:40 AM

I am, once you're 120 with all stats maxed, everything possible bought through the internet and all 10 cars there isn't much to do but harass people

BlueKangaroo
  • BlueKangaroo

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:46 AM

Ive still got tons to do and lots to look forward to. Im around lev35 and havent glitches so making money is still a challenge. Looking forward to getting a 10 car garage and modding them out, doing races and unlocking all the stuff for different class cars, learning the maps in survival etc etc etc...
  • JOEBEEZ likes this

Zonegamer
  • Zonegamer

Front Yard Balla

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:52 AM

Well I've been playing less and less but hopefully the future dlc will change that. Also since the nerfs, it's feeling like a chore to level up which in turn makes me a little bored.

I'm looking forward to some DLC that hopefully will be arriving soon. More activities and games to play would be cool. 

^

Outlinez
  • Outlinez

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:22 AM

im finding it boring also gradually jumping on less each day not a huge fan of the DM modes and the missions are all repetitive now hit 85 last night and only really seen the 1 80+ missions unsure if there are gonna be more :(

iTz-JoNeSy
  • iTz-JoNeSy

I'm cool me.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:27 AM

I'm getting bored of it now. Had some fun with the tank and other boring crap, but it's just plain boring now. 16 people is NOT enough for a map this size, the world feels empty, nobody wants to do missions, nobody wants to make me coffee. The trailer was hyped up to Jesus Christ. Sure, dlc is on its way, but will it be disappointing? The chances are, yes. Yes it f*cking will be.
  • beatthedevil56 likes this

irishgoods
  • irishgoods

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:31 AM

I'm getting bored of it now. Had some fun with the tank and other boring crap, but it's just plain boring now. 16 people is NOT enough for a map this size, the world feels empty, nobody wants to do missions, nobody wants to make me coffee. The trailer was hyped up to Jesus Christ. Sure, dlc is on its way, but will it be disappointing? The chances are, yes. Yes it f*cking will be.

this

JOEBEEZ
  • JOEBEEZ

Fanny Bandit

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:46 AM

Ive still got tons to do and lots to look forward to. Im around lev35 and havent glitches so making money is still a challenge. Looking forward to getting a 10 car garage and modding them out, doing races and unlocking all the stuff for different class cars, learning the maps in survival etc etc etc...

Exactly the same here, lvl 34 only have a mid range apartment with 4 cars so I've still got plenty to do in the way of missions, cars, weapons etc

petenasty
  • petenasty

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:53 AM

After two weeks I'm rank 46 with only a 6 car garage, 5 cars in it barely modded, $110k apartment, and plenty more to do. Of course if you find ways to blow through content in two weeks you'll be bored. I hope it weeds people out so by the time the game is better, the community isn't an all out warzone and we can all start taking advantage of all the freedom features that require *gasp* cooperation from strangers!

It was free, its GTA with character progression, and its fun, so I see nothing to hate regardless how many faults and mistakes I comeacross.
  • BlueKangaroo likes this

SHarm
  • SHarm

Reincarnation of Tommy Vercetti

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:54 AM

Boosting crim records with friends is fun no matter how repetitive it can be
  • SchwartzJesuz likes this

iTz-JoNeSy
  • iTz-JoNeSy

I'm cool me.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:56 AM

After two weeks I'm rank 46 with only a 6 car garage, 5 cars in it barely modded, $110k apartment, and plenty more to do. Of course if you find ways to blow through content in two weeks you'll be bored. I hope it weeds people out so by the time the game is better, the community isn't an all out warzone and we can all start taking advantage of all the freedom features that require *gasp* cooperation from strangers!

It was free, its GTA with character progression, and its fun, so I see nothing to hate regardless how many faults and mistakes I comeacross.

It wasn't free. Are you f*cking stupid? I PAID £40 TO PLAY GTA ONLINE! If it was free, I would be £40 richer now. You people need shooting. You really do.

.Polar_Bear.
  • .Polar_Bear.

Suave GAYmer

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:59 AM

I'm still enjoying GTA Online, it's fun trying out different jobs and activities, earning money.  My favorite thing to do in GTA:O is actually golf if you can believe it.

Spitfirex007
  • Spitfirex007

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:00 AM

I personally lost all interest in the game. In fact, I got bored with it within a few days of it releasing. The missions are all the same thing. Location is different, but the objective doesn't change at all. You can't go into a public lobby to just have fun and meet new players. The whole f*cking thing has becoming a big deathmatch. The only time I play this game is when my cousin gets on. We do private a room and just mess around.

beatthedevil56
  • beatthedevil56

Your Personal Jesus

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:02 AM

I am tired of the same ole' missions. 

BlackEdge
  • BlackEdge

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:14 AM

I am. Trading in my copy of GTA V tomorrow for store credit. GTA Online is just a repetitive grind fest. All the missions are basically the same.

• Spitfirex007 likes this

KeeNer187
  • KeeNer187

-_-

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:39 AM

I am. Trading in my copy of GTA V tomorrow for store credit. GTA Online is just a repetitive grind fest. All the missions are basically the same.

It totally is. But it's definately a game that will always be in my collection. I spent 70 on the game and I will get plenty more hours out of it. GTA games have always been games you can go back and have fun in no matter what. And with how good the driving mechanics are and all the beautiful mountains to drive up and nice flying scenery I think I could always go back every once in a while even down the road when I'm playing the sh*t out of Battlefield 4

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:55 AM

I'm still enjoying it - levelling up slow and unlocking new features still - but I quickly get bored when in free-roam.

My typical day is, load game (appear in garage), take my custom car down to LS Customs and check to see if any mods have unlocked. Then find a car to earn 5k-10k by selling. Then I run out of things to do. Maybe go and buy some ammo and rob one or two stores. While doing this I might drive past a Gang war to complete or the Import/Export might become available.

This takes maybe an hour (if I'm lucky) and then there is nothing left to actively do in free-roam, so it's over to the traditional online modes - races, death matches etc.

Playing with crew members (in free-roam) is a much better way to enjoy GTA:O but even then, it's the same things over and over.

Needs more structured personal activities plus bringing people together in free-roam.

egoloss
  • egoloss

Adam Santos

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:59 AM

It has got quite boring. 

But GTA online has never been a game that you are going to play daily for months unlike Battlefield 4 or more addictive online shooters.

• Kent_Paul_Jnr likes this

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:25 AM

It has got quite boring. 

But GTA online has never been a game that you are going to play daily for months unlike Battlefield 4 or more addictive online shooters.

Rockstar have stated that they want people to play this "for 3 or 4 years, and forever" - this was a quote from their companies president!

That's why I'm baffled by the simplistic core mechanics and terrible 'bad sport' mechanics (which Rockstar actually boasted were "very good".)

Not to say I don't love GTA: O, just that it isn't revolutionary and won't last me years without drastic change!

Kent_Paul_Jnr
  • Kent_Paul_Jnr

lets bounce

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:24 AM

It has got quite boring. 

it had / has so much potential R* don't seem to understand online....

egoloss
  • egoloss

Adam Santos

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:27 AM

It has got quite boring. 

it had / has so much potential R* don't seem to understand online....

I agree. But it was really there first real online game so it was very ambitious of them to take this on and promise us so much. But with great ambition lies great mistakes, so hopefully Rockstar will learn from where they went wrong in this game and it will be a much more exciting and enhoyable experience when it reaches next gen or GTA 6 more likely. 

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:21 PM

created a private game for me & friends. I was the only one there no one else online yet.

Decided to do one of Lester's missions before my friends logged in.

75pct into the mission land the Titan..... the game froze up.

It wasn't my Xbox the console still responded, it was the game.

waited .... game still unresponsive. Checked Internet connection all good.

Had to shut down the Xbox to get back into session.

Came back with "You have quit early and being warned that if you continue such actions will result in being placed with Bad Sports"

I'm not bored of the game - not at all.

It's just things like this that need to be fixed. Bad Sport should be perma on the individual who consistently griefs team mates intentionally during a mission to fail a mission intentionally.

I don't think bad sport system should be removed but it needs to identify bad sport actions better.

How? I have no idea I know nothing about coding & the computer stuff.

GTA V is an excellent game I think it will be a long while before me & my friends ever get bored with it.

I hope the game comes to the next gen platform. I'll be playing on the PS4 system come November.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:26 PM

Still have alot to do since i never cheated and such, i am lvl 35 and still need to get money for Entity and Fully Mod some of my Cars :)

iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:36 PM

Play some activities or wait for heists.

mrmarcd
  • mrmarcd

Prankster

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:39 PM

Still have alot to do since i never cheated and such, i am lvl 35 and still need to get money for Entity and Fully Mod some of my Cars :)

This. 53 here, but just got labeled as a bad sport for the next two days. Still quite fun, either way. Lots to look forward to even without 1.04 yet! 80+ hours of playtime, and still going strong.

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:44 PM

It's just things like this that need to be fixed. Bad Sport should be perma on the individual who consistently griefs team mates intentionally during a mission to fail a mission intentionally.

I don't think bad sport system should be removed but it needs to identify bad sport actions better.

How? I have no idea I know nothing about coding & the computer stuff.

GTA V is an excellent game I think it will be a long while before me & my friends ever get bored with it.

I hope the game comes to the next gen platform. I'll be playing on the PS4 system come November.

Bad luck with your unlucky Bad Sports experience!

I agree about the Bad Sports system needing to identify bad sport actions better. I created a topic asking for ways that it could [be made better] but strangely there wasn't a single suggestion, only complaints that it doesn't work, so perhaps it is quite hard to perfect!

I think most people would agree that people that drop out of missions, races or sports etc should temporarily increase their Bad Sport level. It could probably also state game stats to other players when you are picking them, i.e. Races: Played 10, Won 4, Lost 0, Dropped Out: 6. (Dodgy player)

GTAPhilly1
  • GTAPhilly1

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:57 PM

Yup

Most overrated game of all time IMHO

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users