Quantcast

» «
Photo

What's your method of beating Base Invaders?

31 replies to this topic
HammerLarry
  • HammerLarry

Boss member

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:34 AM Edited by HammerLarry, 17 October 2013 - 06:36 AM.

Everyone's favorite mission can be a little frustrating. Thats why i made this topic, so players can gain and share insight of this difficult, lucrative mission.

When sharing insight, lets clear the air. There's a lot of bad players out there who plays like they're confused (running up to the enemies like they're rambo; i hate it). So with this topic, i want everyone to understand how to go about this mission.

I'll start off with my method. I hope its clear enough. Feel free to tell me what's wrong, and please, share yours.

---
I take Ron's plane, drive it to the start of the army base runway (the left side) and go for an accessible Lazer that should spawn next to the two Lazers you're suppose to destroy.

Once I'm in a Lazer, i shoot my missles ahead in attempt to destroy the first Lazer before I fly off into the sunset.

I use the flyable Lazer to take down the Lazers (which takes a while since the missles lock on anything including individual people!) until its time to steal the Bob.

I parachute to the start of the runway again, and run to a truck. I drive the truck to the runway I landed Ron's plane in, so i wont get shot by them accurate muhhf*ckers who spawn infinitely, in attempt to go all the way around so I could head straight into the hangar.

I drive to the back of the hangar in a certain angle, to provide myself with cover so i can shoot the foes, eat ma snacks, steal the bob, and dip.
---

This is my method of doing it alone. It still needs time to perfect, and sometimes the accessible Lazers don't spawn, so i have to play rambo with the enemies till the Lazers are gone, but... lives are lost. time is consumed.

Take note that there are trucks of army men that come by when you arrive at a triggering distance. by triggering distance, i mean when you get close enough to an enemy, they go on 'combat' mode and start shootin/ coverin.

I've played with people who got their car inside the army base. How is that possible? please fill me in because i swear i went around that whole base and coudnt find an open entrance.

---

You're welcome to post videos btw. I think this'll be beneficial to everyone's bank account if they deeply understood this mission. thank everyone.

Spookygal
  • Spookygal

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:36 AM

I'm level 76 and never played it because I never get the mission when I request the job. Always get one of the other ones.

I gave up on trying to do it.

• HammerLarry likes this

smash-crunch
  • smash-crunch

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:37 AM

Get in Ron's plane

Get out of Ron's plane

Drive personal vehicle to military base

Ramp car into military base

Drive by each Lazer and plant a sticky bomb on it

Blow the sticky bombs

Drive around the backside of the hangar

Park on the right side of the hangar

Kill the 3-4 enemies inside the hangar

Steal the cargobob

Easy

• mrbozzedup and HammerLarry like this

RetardOfTheYear
  • RetardOfTheYear

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:37 AM

I start in LS always, I give a phone call to lester, he brough me a chopper on the roof of the hospital, it's a buzzard (always, because of my level) I fly to ron plane, enter rin plane, exit rin plane and go with the chopper to the base, quickly kill the 3 lazers with rockets, then stand in front of hangar, killing about 10 enemis left right and center to create a breach (don't lose time, they repop infinite) and quickly land the chopper insid ethe hangar, very close of the cargobob on pilot side, then enter the cargobob and leave prompltly, quite easy stuff with the buzzard.

• HammerLarry likes this

HammerLarry
  • HammerLarry

Boss member

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:38 AM

Get in Ron's plane

Get out of Ron's plane

Blow the sticky bombs

Steal the cargobob

Easy

Ramp?

DELT
  • DELT

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:40 AM

Easiest way I've found is planting sticky bombs on lazers but not blowing them until you already stole the cargobob and are away.  Once you start blowing up the lazers more enemies start spawning everywhere.  Much easier if you are away already when you blow them.

• HammerLarry likes this

HammerLarry
  • HammerLarry

Boss member

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:41 AM

I start in LS always, I give a phone call to lester, he brough me a chopper on the roof of the hospital, it's a buzzard (always, because of my level) I fly to ron plane, enter rin plane, exit rin plane and go with the chopper to the base, quickly kill the 3 lazers with rockets, then stand in front of hangar, killing about 10 enemis left right and center to create a breach (don't lose time, they repop infinite) and quickly land the chopper insid ethe hangar, very close of the cargobob on pilot side, then enter the cargobob and leave prompltly, quite easy stuff with the buzzard.

will give it a shot

philthethrill81
  • philthethrill81

Japan makes hawt women (ai shinozake)

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:41 AM Edited by philthethrill81, 17 October 2013 - 06:43 AM.

The way we've done it is just keeping it simple. Fly the plane in to the base, I snipe from behind those bleacher looking things, The other(s) steal the jeep that's near the second target and drive by throwing grenades. I move to the hanger with cargobob and snipe the 4-5 npc's around it while the other(s) move in and steal it.

edit: We've gotten so good at it that from the first bomb going off until we're off in the cargo plane takes no more than 2 minutes or so 

HammerLarry
  • HammerLarry

Boss member

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:42 AM

Easiest way I've found is planting sticky bombs on lazers but not blowing them until you already stole the cargobob and are away.  Once you start blowing up the lazers more enemies start spawning everywhere.  Much easier if you are away already when you blow them.

when i get close to the two lazers to the right, there are already enemies there ready to shoot. you must be on easy.

Vespucci Hipster
  • Vespucci Hipster

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:44 AM

Ramp is a mountain on north side of fence, drive down the side of the mountain and a cetain part is very close to the fence with a slight lip that acts like a ramp, this will get you in
  • HammerLarry likes this

HammerLarry
  • HammerLarry

Boss member

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:44 AM

The way we've done it is just keeping it simple. Fly the plane in to the base, I snipe from behind those bleacher looking things, The other(s) steal the jeep that's near the second target and drive by throwing grenades. I move to the hanger with cargobob and snipe the 4-5 npc's around it while the other(s) move in and steal it.

edit: We've gotten so good at it that from the first bomb going off until we're off in the cargo plane takes no more than 2 minutes or so

i dont play with skilled people much, but will try.

smash-crunch
  • smash-crunch

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:44 AM Edited by smash-crunch, 17 October 2013 - 06:48 AM.

Get in Ron's plane

Get out of Ron's plane

Blow the sticky bombs

Steal the cargobob

Easy

Ramp?

The ramp everyone uses to get into the Fort. Driving southbound towards the tunnel that goes under the Fort, instead of going into the tunnel you ramp off the hill to the right of it and clear the fence.

Skip to 1:00 minute in this video, it shows the ramp I'm talking about.

http://www.youtube.c...PJiyzePCUk#t=60

DELT
  • DELT

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:45 AM

when i get close to the two lazers to the right, there are already enemies there ready to shoot. you must be on easy.

No I've done it multiple times on hard.  I'm not saying there won't be any enemies I'm just saying once you start destroying them even more will spawn.  I usually stand behind the bleachers and snipe the few enemies with a silenced sniper around the planes then run up and plant sticky bombs.  Snipe the guys around cargobob, steal it, and then blow the planes.  

HammerLarry
  • HammerLarry

Boss member

• Members

Ramp is a mountain on north side of fence, drive down the side of the mountain and a cetain part is very close to the fence with a slight lip that acts like a ramp, this will get you in

much appreciated. will find and try to bring my armored, bullet proof vapid bullet.

Skeloton
  • Skeloton

Living Dead Gangster

• Members

Start the mission within a few seconds driving of the LS hospital with helipads.

Call lester locate a heli

Go to the hospital as that's where the located helis always are

Get in the buzzard.

Go to Zancudo, destroy all the planes and baracks

Land behind the cargobobs hanger

Go round the right hand side of the hanger, killing the guy that spawns in front of the hanger and the guy by the jet sheds.

Go round the corner to the front of the hanger, killing the 1st two that respawn and then killing the 3 inside.

Get in the cargobob, fly to the sandy shores airfield, land then get in rons plane and then back into the cargobob.

Done.

• HammerLarry likes this

HammerLarry
  • HammerLarry

Boss member

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:47 AM

No I've done it multiple times on hard.  I'm not saying there won't be any enemies I'm just saying once you start destroying them even more will spawn.  I usually stand behind the bleachers and snipe the few enemies with a silenced sniper around the planes then run up and plant sticky bombs.  Snipe the guys around cargobob, steal it, and then blow the planes.

never thought about sniping. will do.

xRDASeken
  • xRDASeken

n00b slayer

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:48 AM

Fastest Method I've used:

Parachute in, plane driver goes to end of the runway and kills further LAZER, take a jeep or truck and kill the rest of the jets with bombs as someone runs for the cargobob and flies away. By the time the jets are finished, the cargobob should be near the airfield.

• HammerLarry likes this

HammerLarry
  • HammerLarry

Boss member

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:49 AM

Start the mission within a few seconds driving of the LS hospital with helipads.

Call lester locate a heli

Go to the hospital as that's where the located helis always are

Get in the buzzard.

Go to Zancudo, destroy all the planes and baracks

Land behind the cargobobs hanger

Go round the right hand side of the hanger, killing the guy that spawns in front of the hanger and the guy by the jet sheds.

Go round the corner to the front of the hanger, killing the 1st two that respawn and then killing the 3 inside.

Get in the cargobob, fly to the sandy shores airfield, land then get in rons plane and then back into the cargobob.

Done.

a bit unclear, nothing but re-reading to do the trick. thanks.

HammerLarry
  • HammerLarry

Boss member

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:52 AM

Fastest Method I've used:
Parachute in, plane driver goes to end of the runway and kills further LAZER, take a jeep or truck and kill the rest of the jets with bombs as someone runs for the cargobob and flies away. By the time the jets are finished, the cargobob should be near the airfield.

these enemies are dead eyed accurate, and will shoot my face off while im trying to.. trying to drop grenades next to lazers, its bs.

iTz-JoNeSy
  • iTz-JoNeSy

I'm cool me.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:52 AM

I snipe the jets from distance :)

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:54 AM

Here is seriously the easiest two ways I know how to do this mission, and I have done it probably 100 times without failing once.

You need two people for these methods however. 

Method 1: Take Rons plane to the base and have one player parachute down behind the hangar in a safe spot. The other player then has to get into a fighter jet(you cant get the ones you have to destroy) and takes off. If you dont alert anyone or shoot you will meet no resistance when taking the jet. From the air the person in the jet destroys all the lasers. Then they start killing all the guys on the ground. When the large bulk of enemies on the ground are dead, even though they respawn, start making passes toward the hangar opening. You will be able to lock onto the guards inside the hangar and shoot them. After the hangar gaurds are dead just do circles around the front of the hangar and tell the other player to make way for the cargobob. If you are a good fighter pilot you will be able to kill all ground enemies making it easy to steal the chopper. A single marine will continually respawn in front of the cannopies where the lasers spawn, and at the front left of the hangar, so try to take these guys down while your friend gets the chopper. Once hes in just fly away and enjoy 25k.

Method 2: If you have the ability to call Lester for a chopper do it. Have one player take Rons plane and the other take the buzzard. The player who took the plane should go to the same safe spot behind the hangar stated in method 1 and wait. Meanwhile, the player in the buzzard should destroy all the lasers and the initial bulk of ground forces. Then, the player in the buzzard should hover about 120 yards from the hangar while facing it. Lock on to the marines thats respawn in front of the hangar and canopies and kill them while the other player makes for the choppers. This method is much easier because alot of times the canopy and hangar marines wont respawn with the chopper there, so you only have to worry about the enemies from the east.

Hope that helps

• HammerLarry likes this

HammerLarry
  • HammerLarry

Boss member

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:58 AM

Here is seriously the easiest two ways I know how to do this mission, and I have done it probably 100 times without failing once.

You need two people for these methods however. 

Method 1: Take Rons plane to the base and have one player parachute down behind the hangar in a safe spot. The other player then has to get into a fighter jet(you cant get the ones you have to destroy) and takes off. If you dont alert anyone or shoot you will meet no resistance when taking the jet. From the air the person in the jet destroys all the lasers. Then they start killing all the guys on the ground. When the large bulk of enemies on the ground are dead, even though they respawn, start making passes toward the hangar opening. You will be able to lock onto the guards inside the hangar and shoot them. After the hangar gaurds are dead just do circles around the front of the hangar and tell the other player to make way for the cargobob. If you are a good fighter pilot you will be able to kill all ground enemies making it easy to steal the chopper. A single marine will continually respawn in front of the cannopies where the lasers spawn, and at the front left of the hangar, so try to take these guys down while your friend gets the chopper. Once hes in just fly away and enjoy 25k.

Method 2: If you have the ability to call Lester for a chopper do it. Have one player take Rons plane and the other take the buzzard. The player who took the plane should go to the same safe spot behind the hangar stated in method 1 and wait. Meanwhile, the player in the buzzard should destroy all the lasers and the initial bulk of ground forces. Then, the player in the buzzard should hover about 120 yards from the hangar while facing it. Lock on to the marines thats respawn in front of the hangar and canopies and kill them while the other player makes for the choppers. This method is much easier because alot of times the canopy and hangar marines wont respawn with the chopper there, so you only have to worry about the enemies from the east.

Hope that helps

thread finished? im satisfied. and i thank all who've contributed,

a1958r
  • a1958r

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:58 AM

Get in Ron's plane

Get out of Ron's plane

Blow the sticky bombs

Steal the cargobob

Easy

Buddy's and I tried multiply different ways to do this mission, but in the end I did this. But for the carbob I would drive my car straight into the hanger & use it as cover in the back of the hanger while using an MG/Assault Rifle to pick everything off.

MuddledMuppet
  • MuddledMuppet

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:02 AM

most fun way we've had, is for all of us to grab a truck once inside the camp, make a convoy and just drive straight thru them f*ckas, then everyone drive into the hanger first one to get Bob gets it away, the rest of us go out like Butch and the Kid

mistermaster7
  • mistermaster7

Thug

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:04 AM

Is there way to replay this mission? Like someone is spectating you know. 

lewis584
  • lewis584

#UKHC #MHC

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:08 AM

I've done it a few times with friends who are really low level so we can't kill that many enemies as they often only have pistols.

Our technique has been as follows:

I fly Ron's plane with one friend, he jumps out inside the military base and uses cover to kill as many as he can, but mainly he's a distraction.

I land Ron's plane and get into a jet. I don't take off, I simply taxi around the base destroying the three jets (I really recommend this. Don't care how good you are with the jets, I doubt you can fly and nail all 3 as quickly as I can just drive the jet around.

The third friend drives to the base and jumps in, therefore they're coming in from the opposite side, away from the enemies who are trying to kill the first friend. He's also pretty close to the Cargobob upon entry. He goes straight to the hangar, onlt having to kill the 3/4 enemies inside. Straight into the heli, and away. I'll often wait and not destroy the last jet until he's in the hangar. Not sure if it helps but it feels like he has less enemies spawn that way.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:13 AM

Don't care how good you are with the jets, I doubt you can fly and nail all 3 as quickly as I can just drive the jet around.

Challenge accepted!

Matty079
  • Matty079

Slammed Schwartzer Slidin

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:33 AM

This is what works for me seeing as I don't carry many sticky bombs with me and it works almost everytime.

Land rons plane at the far end of the runway near the lonely lazer. To the right of the lazer is a red and white square thing (might be an antenna can't remember) take cover on the side closest to the cargo bob and fire a round. An army truck will head towards that lazer near you but from that cover you can take them out easy.

Try not to hit the wheels of that truck, as speed is the main concern here. Jump in that truck, build up some speed and drive straight into the lazers and you will blow them up without doing any damage to yourself or the truck!

I've found hitting the lazers from behind at a slight angle between the thruster and tail wing or side on into the cockpit. If you go too slow you may get shot or not destroy the lazer..but if you go fast enough you probably won't even get hit!

Then slam the truck into the hangar so that it covers you and allows you to take cover and kill the guys in there.

If you want to be a show off or extra cautious you can fly the cargobob out backwards so you don't get shot through the front window.

TL;DR Steal a big army truck. Ram the lazers. Steal the bob. Profit.

kinna2323
  • kinna2323

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:47 AM

Is there a way to make sure that when you call RON you get this mission? or atleast a quicker way than just doing Rons missions until it comes up?

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:48 AM

Get in Ron's plane

Get out of Ron's plane