Photo

Can't get into my own car

9 replies to this topic
boberson01
  • boberson01

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:21 AM

My car was impounded and when I go to get it back, I call my mechanic for a different car to get to the impound. When I am there I cannot get into my car because I do not have access to it. It's my own damn car. I cant get into it just because I have another personal out? Seriously. Anyone else run into this issue or similar?

Acky.
  • Acky.

Tom Atkinson

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:33 AM

Put the car your mechanic brought to you back into your garage or try and blow it up, if it's fully insured.

05-BROCKY-05
  • 05-BROCKY-05

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:37 AM

Drive a random car there, when your car is near your other car it usually locks you out, this happened to me once after a mission and nobody could gain access to a duplicated car that had spawned as mine.

WildmouseX
  • WildmouseX

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:40 AM

you can have only one personal car on the map at a time, when you called your mechanic for the second car, you lost ownership of the first.... It should be destroyed by the popo once you reload and you should be able get it back from ins then.

Muse182
  • Muse182

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:47 AM

I just had a similar problem. I was on Extradition, just picked up the brief case and called the mechanic. He brought my car to me but he wouldn't get out and I couldn't get in. I shot him, which allowed me to get in it but with all the time wasting I was surrounded by cops and died. Then I respawn near my car with no wanted level and I can't get in. It doesn't even do the motion if him trying to open a locked door. Never had this problem before but a few times today it's not allowed me into my car when I've called the mechanic.

Also off-topic but anyone had the mechanic arrive at your location then he just drives off? Makes me lose my sh*t when I run a mile down the road and he doesn't stop. The mechanic can be an dick sometimes.

Sushi__Wolf
  • Sushi__Wolf

Loves raw fish! More then he loves your mother...

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:49 PM

I had this problem today, I bought the new clothes out and got my dudes hair cut ( Sadly the cornrow bug is gone) and went outside to get on my back and it told me I didn't have access to my own bike I had just driven there.... No idea hope its a fluke, getting tired of rockstars constant f*ck ups.... Sad.

¥en
  • ¥en

Get Cage'd

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:50 PM

Change car settings to No one and you should be able to get in. Then change back to whatever you had it as before.

GTA-Freak-Vi
  • GTA-Freak-Vi

~

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:54 PM

Necro-bumping at its finest

Watch Tower
  • Watch Tower

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:55 PM

My dude wouldn't get into his own car in several missions. What a dick.

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:57 PM

The impounded car is no longer yours if you called another out. The system thinks it is destroyed. You should find it in Mors Mutual. It is the same as the car left with a friend when you leave a. Session...no one has access and it will dissapear when you walk away from it.

Wasnt there a note in the patch about prompting you when you call for a car in this situation?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users