Photo

can you over-tune cars?

7 replies to this topic
Kreuzn
  • Kreuzn

Most Wanted

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:49 PM

I remember it being mentioned in one of the previews... For example if you have max acceleration on a car, and then upgrade the engine more, will it take away from it's performance?

Maybe I'm mistaken and never actually read that, or maybe they decided not to include the feature, but I'd appreciate anyone's input with experience.

Personally I just took my stock akuma and put turbo and the highest engine upgrade I could on it, which was defiantly overkill since it's almost max accel stock but I had the extra money. It seems faster but my controller vibrates slightly every time I change gears and it has me paranoid I might have over done it lol.

Anyone know for sure?

Kongen_af_GTA
  • Kongen_af_GTA

Its true.. Im the GTA rapist

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:10 AM

I remember it being mentioned in one of the previews... For example if you have max acceleration on a car, and then upgrade the engine more, will it take away from it's performance?

Maybe I'm mistaken and never actually read that, or maybe they decided not to include the feature, but I'd appreciate anyone's input with experience.

Personally I just took my stock akuma and put turbo and the highest engine upgrade I could on it, which was defiantly overkill since it's almost max accel stock but I had the extra money. It seems faster but my controller vibrates slightly every time I change gears and it has me paranoid I might have over done it lol.

Anyone know for sure?

Test drive it in a race with different setups

Rodgerzzz
  • Rodgerzzz

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:14 AM

I thought the different mods affected different things even if the acceleration is maxed. like a race transmission changing the gears quicker even if the turbo already has maxed out the acceleration bar. I wouldn't worry about it to much, its not gran Turismo

-TommyVercetti-
  • -TommyVercetti-

@Vercetti Estate

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:59 AM

I really want to know the answer to this question but noone seems to know :s

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:00 AM

I have already confirmed that the free-roam acceleration bar is not indicative of the actual internal acceleration stat.

To put it simply: yes, upgrade everything for maximum performance. They do matter.

Regulatron
  • Regulatron

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:05 AM

definitely just pump as much cash inot it possbile

Kreuzn
  • Kreuzn

Most Wanted

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:17 AM

I have already confirmed that the free-roam acceleration bar is not indicative of the actual internal acceleration stat.

To put it simply: yes, upgrade everything for maximum performance. They do matter.

That makes sense, since stats appear lower when you're in race lobbies than they do in free roam.

So I'm guessing no one has had any negative side effects from modding their car performance too much? Good to know. Because it hasn't mentioned it in game, and I'd be pissed if I was wasting mods on my cars/bikes that are actually harming the performance because I modded too much.

Flyby29
  • Flyby29

"Settle Down Captain Happy"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:32 AM

If you put differnt tires on it: ex, high end tires on a off road car then it spins out more.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users