Photo

Trevor air bombing run no time.

17 replies to this topic
KillaRoo
  • KillaRoo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:27 PM

After Trev does his last mission bombing the arms runners with cluster bombs he gets another mission to wipe out the competition. The waypoints are at opposit ends of the region and with his sh*tty plane he cant get to the second point. There is 2 mins for the whole process and the second waypoint never gets aquired and results in a 'packages were not delivered on time' fail notice. whutthhell? :)

Anyone succeed at this one?

x0x CAMARO x0x
  • x0x CAMARO x0x

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:06 PM

Yep, I did it first try. The key is to get off the ground before the timer starts. Just as soon as you are in the plane, get going as fast as you can and get off the ground. Head to the closest one and hit it then immediately change course headed for the second one. It can be tight but I didn't even feel rushed when I got off the ground fast enough.

GTA Worthy
  • GTA Worthy

GTA OG

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:25 PM

Yea im usually always in the air before the waypoints show up and anything timed I've never ran out of time before getting the task done.. that plane is sh*tty tho haha

JC20S
  • JC20S

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:21 AM

It's worth noting this mission can be bugged.  I believe the mission is normally suppose to have a much longer timer (4 or 5 minutes), or not at all.  There is a glitch where the timer provided is only around 2:20 and is literally impossible to beat.

PedoneRosso
  • PedoneRosso

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:05 AM

You can do it. It's just difficult to do it.

Now I don't remember if this is one of those, since I did tons of Trevor's air missions in order to make some cash, at some point.

But if it is one mission including the bombing of a moving train, you'll notice that this particular target's initial location changes randomly everytime you repeat the mission, so that you'll have enough time to bomb all targets ONLY when the train is not too far away from the remaining fixed bombing points: you bom this first when it's around the central part of the map, being careful not to hit the nearby hill in the process, and you'll have just enought time to bomb the boats waiting for you  at the far west of the map, in the sea at the end of the canyon (not more than 20 seconds to spare, in my experience).

Aaron030792
  • Aaron030792

I love curry. :D

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:14 PM

:facedesk: Never have passed the Air Trafficking mission in question, I run out of time while flying over Raton Canyon. :panic:

(OO)SKYLINE(OO)
  • (OO)SKYLINE(OO)

BOSS

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:41 AM Edited by (OO)SKYLINE(OO), 11 November 2013 - 12:42 AM.

:facedesk: Never have passed the Air Trafficking mission in question, I run out of time while flying over Raton Canyon. :panic:

This can be done, just gotta get the plane in the air before time starts.

Line you plane up and bomb the train as quick as you can with good accuracy and head for the sea area.

But after the update I did, I replayed this mission and I think R* have taken away the timer...

JC20S
  • JC20S

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:24 AM Edited by JC20S, 14 November 2013 - 02:26 AM.

That's right... everyone just ignore my post.

If you play the one he is talking about and you have a less than 2 minutes 20 seconds timer, you can't do it.  Period.  It's impossible.  Quit, and try a new air mission.

Oldboy42
  • Oldboy42

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:24 PM

I was having lots of trouble with this mission, i decided to save, turn the ps3 off, and came back to it the next day ready to try again. This time the mission did not have a timer.

Aaron030792
  • Aaron030792

I love curry. :D

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:31 PM

Haha, done that in the past JC when it did have the 2 mins 20 secs timer. Just thought "ah forget it" and ditched the plane in the Alamo Sea. :lol:

SKYLINE. I did try and get out of the hanger into the air immediately, but I always miss the train on the first bombing attempt. If I don't run out of time, I run out of bombs. :angry:  :*(

(OO)SKYLINE(OO)
  • (OO)SKYLINE(OO)

BOSS

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:44 AM

SKYLINE. I did try and get out of the hanger into the air immediately, but I always miss the train on the first bombing attempt. If I don't run out of time, I run out of bombs. :angry:  :*(

:lol:

Yeah I hate that!

It's a tricky job but can be done!

You can also maneuver the bomb to get the right trajectory (angle) to aim for the train. 

(OO)SKYLINE(OO)
  • (OO)SKYLINE(OO)

BOSS

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:47 AM

Anyway, from memory, after the Ver. 1.05 Patch Software Update, I think they have removed the timer...

PedoneRosso
  • PedoneRosso

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:22 AM Edited by PedoneRosso, 15 November 2013 - 07:23 AM.

That's right... everyone just ignore my post.

If you play the one he is talking about and you have a less than 2 minutes 20 seconds timer, you can't do it.  Period.  It's impossible.  Quit, and try a new air mission.

Not ignoring your post: I had to try this one lots of times too. But it IS indeed possible, pal!

And it's somewhat easier and a lot less boring than closing all pop-ups and complete the antivirus scan in 32 seconds or less (necessary condition for 100%) in the lifeinvader mission.

AciD2025
  • AciD2025

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:31 PM

JC20S I found that when pulling out of the hangar just go straight. Don't turn on to the runway! Just go straight, past two trees and you should be able to pull up out of a field. Head towards the site on the east coast then head to the other site after. Done this way you should have about 10 seconds to spare.

Barefoot Tiger
  • Barefoot Tiger

GTAV Forum Leader

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Nations

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:57 PM

Please dont bump really old topics unless you have something very important to add 

scarface_9
  • scarface_9

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:38 AM Edited by scarface_9, 25 February 2014 - 11:00 AM.

Hi there. I know that this toppic is a bit old but I want to say sometning about this 2:16 bomb mission.

I think that this mission is really ridiculous because the player has no chance to complete it if the train is in unfavourable position. So you just have to crash the plane on purpose just to get the train in a good position. Sorry, but this doesn't make any sense.

I assume that if you play it 100 times and spend 10 hours may be and just may be you may complete it once but i just don't see a point in doing it because this mission doesn't count for the 100% ckecklist and doesn't even count for the trophy that you get after completing 5 different plane and ground missions. In my scenario this 2:16 mission came 6 or 7 after i had already completed the minimum requirements for the trophy.

I was just wondering...is it possible to make a QUICK SAFE once the train is in a good position and then just load again and again untill you hit it from the first time and then fly towards the boat?

may be that is one way to do it unless you have great luck to hit the train from the first time. I managed to bomb it couple of times from the first time and still cound not get to the second target in time...

PedoneRosso
  • PedoneRosso

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:20 AM Edited by PedoneRosso, 26 February 2014 - 12:25 AM.

(...)

(1) I assume that if you play it 100 times and spend 10 hours may be and just may be you may complete it once but i just don't see a point in doing it because this mission doesn't count for the 100% ckecklist and doesn't even count for the trophy that you get after completing 5 different plane and ground missions. In my scenario this 2:16 mission came 6 or 7 after i had already completed the minimum requirements for the trophy.

(2) I was just wondering...is it possible to make a QUICK SAFE once the train is in a good position and then just load again and again untill you hit it from the first time and then fly towards the boat?

(...)

(1)

The train can occupy only 4 or 5 significantly different positions, so, assuming that you have to repeat the favourable position occurance, let's say, 5 or 6 times in order to get the second target, you will probably waste something like 1 to 2 hours on this mission when you're not luky and/or a very good flying bomber, if you want to complete it.

To me, it took more than 1 hour for sure, but I had to do it because I basically could only play with Trevor at the time, and I needed some money on his account in order to be able to do useful things with my playing time (I own half of the game, and the friend I split the cost with could come to my place and advance the main story only once every two or three weeks...).

(2)

I'm not sure, but I think I remember that the train's position is randomly generated every time you load the mission, i.e. even when you load from a save-file.

So I think that this method you're speaking about would not work. But, as I said, I'm not sure, since I played those missions long ago (and once you complete that one, it'll never happen again: you'll get only easier missions, and infact the land missions will be more time consuming, if you plan to use the property in order to make some money for Trevor).

So please try it and don't trust my memories on that!

scarface_9
  • scarface_9

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:54 AM Edited by scarface_9, 26 February 2014 - 09:56 AM.

(1)

The train can occupy only 4 or 5 significantly different positions, so, assuming that you have to repeat the favourable position occurance, let's say, 5 or 6 times in order to get the second target, you will probably waste something like 1 to 2 hours on this mission when you're not luky and/or a very good flying bomber, if you want to complete it.

To me, it took more than 1 hour for sure, but I had to do it because I basically could only play with Trevor at the time, and I needed some money on his account in order to be able to do useful things with my playing time (I own half of the game, and the friend I split the cost with could come to my place and advance the main story only once every two or three weeks...).

(2)

I'm not sure, but I think I remember that the train's position is randomly generated every time you load the mission, i.e. even when you load from a save-file.

So I think that this method you're speaking about would not work. But, as I said, I'm not sure, since I played those missions long ago (and once you complete that one, it'll never happen again: you'll get only easier missions, and infact the land missions will be more time consuming, if you plan to use the property in order to make some money for Trevor).

So please try it and don't trust my memories on that!

Well, you may be right that the train location will always change so may be you have to make the QUICK SAFE after you manage to bomb it from the first attempt.

Actually, I used the quick safe option only once when I was collecting the spaceship parts. There was one that needed a helicopter and then you were supposed to jump from it and use the parachute to land under the bridge. So after I failed to do it 3,4 times  I saved the game just before the jump and it worked. The next time I loaded the game I was in the same location with the heli. So it really helped me save a lot of time...

It is good that you have managed to do the air mission but just to let you know that if you leave the area and then come back to the McKenzie Field Hangar this mission will no longer be there and will be replaced by another one so It is really not necessary to waste hours for that silly mission.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users