Quantcast

» «
Photo

LCS Total Conversions for SA

16 replies to this topic
MMProductions
  • MMProductions

Artist, Cartoonist, Illustrator, GTA and Gamimg Modder.

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:27 PM Edited by MMProductions, 17 October 2013 - 05:31 PM.

Hello everyone. I'm a new user on the forum.

I'm doing this topic, it's just to talk about some total conversions of Liberty City Stories, made for GTA San Andreas. But I saw recently that too many TCs of Liberty City Stories were dying and being cancelled recently, just like LCS PC Edition.

Unfortunately I didn't saw LCS PC Edition being on the same condition as VCS PC :/

If I always wanted to play LCS on my PC, I was thinking to do my own LCS total conversion for San Andreas on an near future, but I think some GTA modders doesn't like new LCS mods being created. Or maybe they do like.

What I don't understand is why a lot of LCS mods were being dead. I'm just curious about it.

So, that's all, hope you understood I said. Sorry for my bad english :)

ZAZ
  • ZAZ

Kernlochbohrer

• Feroci
  • European-Union

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:18 PM

Because it's a hard work to make nice TC

The people discover San Andreas and the modding and they're fascinated

then they do this and do that and then they think "i wanna make a cool mod, a big mapmod"

and they start their project

but after a half year they realize that they could finished just 1% of their project

and yet these 1% also have failures

so start and have fun, i wish you the best

MMProductions
  • MMProductions

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:00 AM Edited by MMProductions, 18 October 2013 - 01:02 AM.

Ok, thanks, dear ZAZ. But unfortunately it will take time for me to check a lot of these tutorials and topics about GTA Modding. :dontgetit:

I saw one of these topics saying that I must check these modding tutorials at least one year.

For example, the VCS Team, developer of Vice City Stories PC Edition, took at least nearly 3-4 years to make VCS for PC. :(

Unfortunately I must let my project for an near future. I must learn much more about GTA modding.

If necessary, I'll post a detailed topic about my Liberty City Stories mod. And I created an cool name for it ;)

So, that's all, pal. By the way, how many time will take for me to make LCS for PC?

MMProductions
  • MMProductions

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:18 PM

Because it's a hard work to make nice TC

The people discover San Andreas and the modding and they're fascinated

then they do this and do that and then they think "i wanna make a cool mod, a big mapmod"

and they start their project

but after a half year they realize that they could finished just 1% of their project

and yet these 1% also have failures

so start and have fun, i wish you the best

Alright. But thanks anyway, dear ZAZ, and sorry for double replies :panic:

I just want to know how to be an GTA modder, as I'm beginner on modding GTA games.

So, how I can begin an total conversion mod, and how many time would take to make an TC mod? I'm just curious, my dear. :whuh:

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Premium
  • Poland
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Script/Plugin 2014 [SilentPatch]
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Best Vehicle 2013 [III Aircraft]
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:25 PM Edited by SilentPL, 18 October 2013 - 07:25 PM.

DON'T start modding with a Total Conversion mod. Start with something smaller, or it has a chance of succeeding pretty much equal to 0%.

MMProductions
  • MMProductions

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:35 PM

DON'T start modding with a Total Conversion mod. Start with something smaller, or it has a chance of succeeding pretty much equal to 0%.

Thanks for helping me, dear Silent. I understand that I'm a beginner on GTA modding.

Well, something smaller, right, pal? Like an Timecyc editing, or a car?

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Premium
  • Poland
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Script/Plugin 2014 [SilentPatch]
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Best Vehicle 2013 [III Aircraft]
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:37 PM

Could be. Could be a map mod too, but maybe something adding/modifying a current area.
  • gtalcsfan likes this

MMProductions
  • MMProductions

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:52 PM

Could be. Could be a map mod too, but maybe something adding/modifying a current area.

Alright, my dear. But I must learn much more about GTA modding, if I want to make my LCS total conversion. I obviously won't start creating TCs now, but I'll let them for an near future.

To be honest, I'm tweaking the timecyc.dat of my GTA San Andreas files, just to let it look more like LCS.

First, I'll start modifying cars, then maps, player skins, weather...

So, I'll get some ideas for my TC mod first. I won't cancel my mod. Remember, pal. Only letting my TC for an near future.

Kratos2000
  • Kratos2000

;)

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:09 PM

Alright, my dear. But I must learn much more about GTA modding, if I want to make my LCS total conversion. I obviously won't start creating TCs now, but I'll let them for an near future.

To be honest, I'm tweaking the timecyc.dat of my GTA San Andreas files, just to let it look more like LCS.

So, I'll get some ideas for my TC mod first. I won't cancel my mod. Remember, pal. Only letting my TC for an near future.

Why do you call them dear? I'm just wondering who you're pretending to be.. ? (sounds like some 11 yr old trying to mimic a TV character / or their mom)

Anyway, there has been so many people who worked on LCS mods for SA and that most frustrating thing of all was when they f*cking cancelled it when it began to look good, every fricking time.

They either cancel it, start working on something else or just disappear into the void and we never hear of them again. 

Today I'm not sure I'll even suggest trying. 

MMProductions
  • MMProductions

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:59 PM

Why do you call them dear? I'm just wondering who you're pretending to be.. ? (sounds like some 11 yr old trying to mimic a TV character / or their mom)

Anyway, there has been so many people who worked on LCS mods for SA and that most frustrating thing of all was when they f*cking cancelled it when it began to look good, every fricking time.

They either cancel it, start working on something else or just disappear into the void and we never hear of them again. 

Today I'm not sure I'll even suggest trying. 

Alright, man. I'm sorry. I was just being educated with him.

ZAZ
  • ZAZ

Kernlochbohrer

• Feroci
  • European-Union

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:08 PM

As SilentPL said, start with something smaller. TC means big map and this means a lot of files.

Note, the placements (ipl lines) of VC, SA and LCS are different (i don't know but i assume), so it needs to modify every line to make it compatible to SA. How many placements does LCS have? 5000? 8000? more?

Each line needs 10 seconds, then it needs 13 hours, but it's not an issue of time, it's an issue of concentration and motivation.

Maybe you can write an algorithm to convert the placements in one job, are you able to do that?

Making a TC needs a team with motivation for a long time

How should i know how much time it needs? answer can only be: it needs as long till it is finished

MMProductions
  • MMProductions

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:25 PM

As SilentPL said, start with something smaller. TC means big map and this means a lot of files.

Note, the placements (ipl lines) of VC, SA and LCS are different (i don't know but i assume), so it needs to modify every line to make it compatible to SA. How many placements does LCS have? 5000? 8000? more?

Each line needs 10 seconds, then it needs 13 hours, but it's not an issue of time, it's an issue of concentration and motivation.

Maybe you can write an algorithm to convert the placements in one job, are you able to do that?

Making a TC needs a team with motivation for a long time

How should i know how much time it needs? answer can only be: it needs as long till it is finished

Alright. Thanks for helping me, ZAZ. But I sad that I won't start a TC now. I'll only do it on an near future.

If I called SilentPL as 'dear', I'm sorry. I was trying to be educated and polite with him. I'm just an 18 year-old with AS syndrome.

I only try to help people. But unfortunately, all of my mods will be private of myself.

sharpie_eastern
  • sharpie_eastern

Do it thyself

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:43 PM Edited by sharpie_eastern, 19 October 2013 - 09:45 PM.

You could help me? I'm always open to it :)

C1Sz2bJ.png9ZcDw3D.jpg5bRk1bg.jpgD3kQsbD.jpg

MMProductions
  • MMProductions

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:50 PM

Sure, SharpieEstern. But I don't know how to edit files.

I'm modelling some cars for LCS mod on SketchUp, by the way.

sharpie_eastern
  • sharpie_eastern

Do it thyself

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:59 PM

Awesome, I'll send you a PM

IJWLCNM
  • IJWLCNM

IJWLCNM

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:55 PM Edited by IJustWantLibertyCityNightsMod, 13 November 2013 - 08:59 PM.

nice....

MMProductions
  • MMProductions

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:52 PM

And, SharpieEastern, I liked so much helping you on that LCS project :)

Hope we will make it closer to final version :p

BTW, about the radio stations, only these ones are disponible:

Head Radio

Double Clef FM

K-JAH

Rise FM

Lips 106

Radio Del Mundo

MSX 98

Flashback FM

The Liberty Jam

Why the missing LCFR radio couldn't be converted? :(