Halo 4 still worth a buy?

11 replies to this topic
iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:58 PM

Just played Halo 3 again cause its free on XBL atm ( got the Disc Version though ).
Its stilk really fun.
But are there still enough players in Halo 4 and how is it actually?
I did not hear much complains about it so far.

LyricsMode
  • LyricsMode

Winter Hill MC

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:50 PM

Definitely still worth a buy, the DLC isn't, mostly cause no one really gets to play those maps outside of the playlists designed for them.

But yeah, it's a good game. Matchmaking and campaign alone can kill weeks if you don't get bored easily. 

Bat1
  • Bat1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:19 AM

Worth it for the single player alone in my opinion.  

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:13 AM

You should buy the GOTY edition, for $40.

In my opinion, it's the full retail $60 game that should have launched last Nov.

A campaign with an awesome story (Although a few missions can be a bit ...Meh)

Spartan Ops that's fun with friends (Episodes 6-10 are all really awesome, 1-5 ...Well, 1 and 3 are the good ones) and the story is badass.

20+ multiplayer maps (The GOTY edition comes with all the DLC maps)

Competitive and non-competitive playlists.

4 forge maps... One is f*cking massive.

There aren't too many players in the Multiplayer, but still enough to always find a game in 30 seconds ...Except if you're matchmaking a spops missions or Team Throwdown.

I would recommend it.

Nick
  • Nick

no u

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:41 PM

Don't waste your time.

343 Industries f*cked up Halo 4, and they should have never been put in charge of such an amazing game.

• Bottom Gun likes this

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:53 AM

Don't waste your time.

343 Industries f*cked up Halo 4, and they should have never been put in charge of such an amazing game.

Now what makes you say that?

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

''The apocalypse. The apocalypse never changes.''

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:13 AM

I'm guessing they ruined the multiplayer of the game.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:19 AM

No, 343 f*cked up one of my favorite video game series of all time. They should have left it to rest.

• Nick likes this

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:48 AM

Keeping in mind that this is GTAForums, if you go looking around the internet... You'll pretty much come to this.

It's not even close to being like the original Halo trilogy. Relatable if you're a fan of Reach ...Except no Elites in MP.

The story is nice, ending is ...Well, predictable even though they tried to work around it. With the missions being mostly more of the same, go here, shoot this, go there. With a few instances that get your blood pumping like the Broadsword part. Even thought the missions were mostly uninteresting, the last mission was beautiful.

I'm not gonna say too much about the multiplayer, is it's a different experience for everyone. But this is what I can say.

The multiplayer is like any other generic shooter. Not because of Sprint or Loadouts, but because any player has an easy chance it use cheap tactics that would ruin other people's experience for their own pleasure.

A lot of people seem to be making mods for custom games tho ...Hmm.

SpOps has a kickass story, but, as I said, the first half can suck a dick.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:48 AM

I know the differences between 4 MP and 3 MP. While the MP of Halo 3 was a Benchmark when it was released, I highly doubt you would have more players in Halo 4 MP when they would have kept all the Halo 3 characteristics. 

Halo 3 had no Sprinting Button which was fine at time but when I played it again, it was really annoying. There is more of such stuff. I guess only Hardcre Halo fans would enjoy Halo 4 MP then. And nowadays you cant foucs on a small group of people. thats why AV f*cked up CoD.

Maybe they changed too much in 4, I have to play it myself first.

Either way, I heared many people saying that they really liked it.

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

What becomes of the broken hearted?

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most GIFted Member
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:14 AM

Pretty sweet campaign, in some ways it reminded me of the original. Although I still miss Bungie, I'm happy with what 343 did with continuing Halo's story. One thing that really had me amazed was 343's designs for Forerunner architecture. They did a helluva job.  I haven't touched mp since Halo 2 though, so I can't give an opinion on that. 

Rown
  • Rown

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:08 AM Edited by Rown, 19 October 2013 - 09:09 AM.

I still play Halo 4 MP semi-regularly. SP was great! The only drags on that were a couple spots where the mission design was... pure Halo.

Ex: Ride slowly on skiff. Stop. Ride some more. Stop. Reach Objective. Repeat.

The Multiplayer is a lot of fun too, though they've cobbled together several gametypes into broad categories. Like if I want to play Capture the Flag or King of the Hill it will be under the same heading and I get to play it on luck of the draw/vote. Though for the most part I play SWAT (aim for the head) and Big Team (Slayer with 16 people) stuff so the variation isn't that bad.

The MP is more like Reach than Halo 3 but I think 343 did a good job overall of taking the best of each.

Rown :rampage:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users