Bad Sport Discussion

1,725 replies to this topic
OriginalCharacter
  • OriginalCharacter

Street Queen

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:09 AM

This has more than likely been answered already, but a few weeks ago i picked up bounty and was rewarded with a ridiculous amount of cash, just over the $2 billion, before that was just on the verge of having saved up $2 million. so basically im just wondering if ill be penalised for having all this cash and what will happen to any products iv bought with it.

if it's all hacked money, it'll prolly get taken away in a patch

you get to keep everything you bought with it tho

SkyrimJarl
  • SkyrimJarl

The Trouble Shooter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:59 AM

This has more than likely been answered already, but a few weeks ago i picked up bounty and was rewarded with a ridiculous amount of cash, just over the $2 billion, before that was just on the verge of having saved up $2 million. so basically im just wondering if ill be penalised for having all this cash and what will happen to any products iv bought with it.

if it's all hacked money, it'll prolly get taken away in a patch
you get to keep everything you bought with it tho
You will not get banned firstly, and secondly ^^^

HonestOG556
  • HonestOG556

Crackpot

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:28 PM

Honestly I think its BS that destroying people's vehicles makes you a bad sport. I think its already punishment enough that you have to pay for people's vehicles when you destroy them. They should make it so that the bill to replace it should go to that player as well instead of taking it from your own pocket that way it doesn't inconvenience you. Also the vehicle should just respawn in your garage. 

I've been rated as bad sport yesterday and it was definitely just. However the system as currently implemented doesn't make sense.

As I experienced it for myself you do rob much more time and money from a player if you just kill him/her and then steal his vehicle. Blowing up a vehicle takes much less effort for a player to undo the damage which has been done - just call the insurance and then the mechanic.

Rezard
  • Rezard

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:38 PM Edited by Rezard, 10 January 2014 - 08:56 PM.

I got put in the cheater's pool for having mod money.  I read it wasn't supposed to happen, too, but I called up R* on the phone, and the guy flat out said "It's cheating, too.".

I'm pretty discouraged, especially going from rank 113 to 1 over it.  I never needed all the excess of money when I got it, anyway.  It just would've ruined the game more trying to avoid it.

Meanwhile--  I don't know of a single player I've encounter that hasn't received some crazy amounts.  Feels nice to be singled out, and punished for being a part of the entire population. 

Not-So-Fun Fact:  They block you out of the Job Creator in the cheater pool...

• CoachDub25 likes this

MadHaTT3R
  • MadHaTT3R

Racing isnt Crashing

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:15 PM

Someone answer this question for me:

Why is it that we get bad sport for blowing up people's cars, yet not for killing people on foot?

It surely can't be because of the fees. Because if you think about it, it's more expensive to blow up someone's car than to kill them: the aggravator also chips in towards car replacement, but doesn't have to chip in towards hospital bill...?

We also get bad sport for leaving jobs and races early. So what? What if we need to leave right away due to emergencies, or annoying people in the lobby, racial harassment, verbal harassment, etc.?

Doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Amen to this!! Why arent the Dbags camping Apts with Tanks for an hour, considered "Bad sports"?! What about the Dbags shooting down helicopters (which are pretty much defenseless!) considered bad sports? Yet when I have to leave a mission early or accidentally blow up someone elses car, Im a bad sport?! 

Its these players that ruin the game. I could care less if some guy glitched and got some extra money, doesnt effect my game in any way. The only way it would, is if I were a jealous noob that thinks everyone should be on equal footing (my name aint Obama). Its the players that actually effect MY game, that ruin it. Especially when the player is level 10, with a tank and spawn camping!! Yeah I should leave the server, play solo or just not play at all. Thats the recourse. I give up and move on, allowing the BAD SPORT to continue on. 

It really is the dumbest part of the game. Free Roam, should be free from dbags. 

• CoachDub25 likes this

Rezard
  • Rezard

Trick

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:00 AM

It's too bad R* doesn't just watch people in the cheaters pool.  It's pretty obvious who the real bad sports are...

Seanftd
  • Seanftd

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:20 AM

Mad batter I find you to be talking pish . What has Obama got to do with your topic, nothing, and how do you know the tank players arn getting a bad rep????? If have read others who drive the tanks complain because players crash into them and the tank driver gets regarded as bad sport . What do you want a game where we are all magical friends that fight together against the police and public in this game?
Oh great, now my spell check kicks in :/, one other thing, having all that cash would not put every one on the same level would it, you still need to get ranked up to buy the better stuff.

MadHaTT3R
  • MadHaTT3R

Racing isnt Crashing

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:23 PM

Mad batter I find you to be talking pish . What has Obama got to do with your topic, nothing, and how do you know the tank players arn getting a bad rep????? If have read others who drive the tanks complain because players crash into them and the tank driver gets regarded as bad sport . What do you want a game where we are all magical friends that fight together against the police and public in this game?
Oh great, now my spell check kicks in :/, one other thing, having all that cash would not put every one on the same level would it, you still need to get ranked up to buy the better stuff.

Well since you cant seem to read correctly or use proper names or have anything pertinent to add to the conversation, I couldn't care less what you think of what I said. 

I said nothing about levels, nothing about "magical friends" or anything related to your drivel of words. The only reason you support the type of game play I am speaking about, is because you endevour to play that way, though calling it "playing" is akin to referring to kindergarten kids throwing toys at one another because they dont know any better. You know that just having a tank in freeroam, is p**sy. You know that camping driveways waiting for unsuspecting players and blowing them up with said tank, is pu**y. You want to call it "gaming", but you know its just trollish douchebagging. You want everyone to fear you and others to think your "cool". You accomplish neither. You are a loser with no life and the only way you can feel like a big guy, is go online where your punk ass is safe and get your RL revenge on others virtually.

Refrain from responding with your pathetic "we are misunderstood" BS. You and those like you, know exactly what you are doing. Don't get mad when real gamers call you a loser for it.

chatD4VIS-360
  • chatD4VIS-360

Prankster

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:09 AM

Mad hatter always has something nasty to say... Just ignore him.

Seanftd
  • Seanftd

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:27 AM Edited by Seanftd, 14 January 2014 - 11:52 AM.

Oh mad hatter I do apologies for the mix up with names, I did state that my spell check kicked in to cause that . You actually did mention level ,you stated level 10s with tanks ;).

I did not claim you had mentioned magical friends, those were my words , also you can't not comment on my game play as you do no know how I play this game. Clearly you take it badly when someone opposes you, we are all here to chat about a game we all enjoy, debate our thoughts so it's everyone's right to agree or disagree with you and find it sad that you would try to make yourself sound better than others .

Your assumptions are completely wrong as what is to be expected with the likes of yourself , stooping so low as to attack me personally for reason that make no sence . I did not attack you as a person or you game play , I brought up a point and feel free to disagree , but do not attack someone who has caused no offence or has a differant opinion to you.

It's people like that who make assumptions about others with out knowing anything about them.
And as for you comments of looser no life , that could be just as easily transferred on to you, as I also know nothing about you and could easily assume you are a fat slob sitting stuck on your couch making trouble, but yet I'm assuming nothing as you may be something far differant .

One more thing, please reread me origional post to you, I did say that I read a few posts where tank driver had players drive I to them and how would you know if the tank drivers arnt being regarded as bad sport. You have misinterpreted what I said as I'm supporting those who do infact cause problems in the game. Please next time think about what has been said to you and what you are saying back . There is no need to be rude or abusive towards others

TrueTubePoops
  • TrueTubePoops

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:56 AM

So i just started playing, i am level 12 with my best weapon being the mini-SMG. Then i kill somebody with a bounty and they request a one-on-one death match. I accept and he is using the back slits of his sports car to become practically invincible to bullets. So i had a sticky bomb (Don't remember how i got it) and threw it at the car and blew it up. I won the death match but due to the stupid "Pay for destroyed cars" i was fined EVERY SINGLE PENNY for blowing up the guys car. This shouldn't happen! He was using it for combat!

• CoachDub25 likes this

MadHaTT3R
  • MadHaTT3R

Racing isnt Crashing

• Members

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:04 AM

My apologies, I saw your post as "rude" to me. If that was not your intention, perhaps you could have simply fixed the mistakes manually? When the very first thing you read in a reply, is a (seeming) play on your name, it doesnt bode well. You will forgive me, as my ire is directed solely at those who see "gaming" as what what has been described. It is not. Those who think me rash, are those who are most affected by my words. Therefore, I speak rather openly and it garners malcontents to speak harshly or "abusively" in response. Again, if this was not your intent please accept my apology to you. 

As for those who would respond that "all he has to say is nasty", you are mistaken. You have an opinion on game play and so do I. I happen to think my opinion, more noble than your own. Your intent, is inherently negative. If you are a griever, troll, malcontent or just plain jerkoff, then your opinion of me is regarded less than a rain drop on a lake. It is meaningless and if I piss you off, good. If in this game you use a tank to kill wantonly and at random or are the guy who decides to ruin others fun, then f you anyway. You are a bad sport, by very definition. You say "its a game", but integrity doesn't end at a keyboard. If you cant understand that, then you aren't worthy of my time anyway.

FallingStar94
  • FallingStar94

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:33 PM

This game has been going down the toilet ever since the glitched money appeared... They've taken one step in the right direction, and then two steps back because they didn't fix the RP hackers that are level 821. Not to mention there's still invincible people running around and a ton of 12-year-old kids playing who are way below the M rating. Rated M for "Mommy bought it for me."

• CoachDub25 likes this

Bane_Of_Legends
  • Bane_Of_Legends

New Kid In Town

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:11 PM

Bad sport actions shouldn't result in bad sport lobbies, they should result in restrictions and payment.

Glitching and cheating should result in bad sport lobbies.

Hackers should be banned permanently. 

Farming is permissible. There is no rule anywhere that says you can't do the same mission over and over if you so wish. What makes it wrong is when it's made possible by an exploit. Exploit farming should result in bad sport lobbies.

Simple.

• CoachDub25 and UTownBlackJesus like this

Sjenttivensventa gaming1
  • Sjenttivensventa gaming1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 March 2014 - 02:37 AM

For the cheaters may you be a victim in the 2014 st valentines day massacre of Los santos.

Potato Bizzle
  • Potato Bizzle

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:29 PM Edited by Potato Bizzle, 10 April 2014 - 07:30 PM.

How to fix bad sport:

Make players pay for any PV they destroy no matter what. If they don't have the required funds, their account goes negative until they earn the money to pay it off. They can't buy ANYTHING unless they pay it off first.

If they do that, they can remove the bad sport lobby completely (i got bad sport way last year for destroying 3 cars).

Side note: One guy destroyed 15 cars in about 20 minutes and didn't get bad sport, or even titled "dodgy player" for that matter.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users