Bad Sport Discussion

1,725 replies to this topic
CoachDub25
  • CoachDub25

RACECAR founder

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:59 PM

Bottom line: (as if)

If they can't show you exactly what AND when you did something that could label you a "Bad Sport", then it shouldn't be done.

Punishing people for exploiting THEIR faulty programming is reprehensible and unethical. Especially if they can't provide some kind of rap sheet. The Bad Sport system is vaguely defined and loosely enforced. Therefore, it is a joke. I kicked on the game about a month ago and was in a bad sport session. I had no idea why or what for, and still don't know to this day. IDK how long I was in there for seeing as how I just played some other games for about a week. I was extremely put off by the whole thing. This is because I had been playing online for over a month, played and completed over 1000 "jobs", and had only blown up maybe 5-6 PVs and backed out of maybe 15-20 jobs.  The whole system is ridiculous and I, for one, am willing to ridicule it until it's either fixed, or gone altogether.

"Bad Sport" is seriously the only gripe I have with the game. Even though I have only experienced it the one time, I don't like the fact that it even exists. If it MUST exist, then it needs to have the terms clearly defined and presented to us. This system is THE ONE THING that keeps me from calling GTA V, the greatest game ever made.

If they just unattached PVs from the whole thing, I think that would be enough TO NOT QUESTION the system. There are clearly more punk MFs hiding behind their PVs, than there are punk MFs gratuitously destroying other's PVs. So, that's how I see it....If you are one of the people defending this obviously flawed system, then you are probably one of gutless turds hiding behind his PV. If you are defending it for any reason other than that, I can just assume that you are one of the "teacher's pet" types. The classroom tattle-tail. 

Soda and Soap
  • Soda and Soap

Dr Pepper

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:58 PM

Anybody know actually how many PV cars you have to blow up to get a Bad Sport rating now? I swear I have blown up like 35 PV's in my tank & I still don't have the BS rating. 

SetOnFire
  • SetOnFire

Need a light ?

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:15 PM

Anybody know actually how many PV cars you have to blow up to get a Bad Sport rating now? I swear I have blown up like 35 PV's in my tank & I still don't have the BS rating. 

Nobody knows, except Rockstar.

I think people would moan a lot less if they actually understood how the rating system worked.

It pissed me off to no end when they released patch 1.06 and simply stated in the patch notes "Made some changes to Bad Sport and its penalties"....care to elaborate a bit more ???!!!

Nope. Radio silence. Under "bad sport" in gtawiki, there should be nothing but a giant picture of a black hole. Because that's what exactly it is, a giant mess that can suck you in and you don't have a f*cking clue how it works!

• naterator and CoachDub25 like this

hitek9
  • hitek9

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:43 AM

After doing my time my timer started increasing by itself. If you do a few missions from lester and Martin it will bring your time down to 00d00h00m. But I'm still stuck in here. Will update later if I figure it out.

R0bb0o
  • R0bb0o

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:49 AM

Is anybody in and out? My friend had the 10 month penalty, but then was let out to play in good sport with his dunce hat on for a day, then yesterday he's thrown back in.

adoreonerr
  • adoreonerr

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:14 AM

Is anybody in and out? My friend had the 10 month penalty, but then was let out to play in good sport with his dunce hat on for a day, then yesterday he's thrown back in.

yeah i dont think anybody has been permidently let out, but as you said sometimes on start uo you will be put into good sport lobbies, ive found , going back and fourth from SP to MP will sometimes put you in good sport servers, but simply pressing "find new session" will not

SetOnFire
  • SetOnFire

Need a light ?

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:28 PM

Is anyone stuck in some sort of "Dodgy Player" limbo ?

I've blown up maybe 10 cars across the last two weeks and I'm really struggling to shake off the dodgy status. I was working just fine for me before 1.06, but regardless of how many missions/jobs I complete and the little amount of PVs I've destroyed I'm still only one or two PVs away from dodgy.

I don't mind THAT much since I'm still in GS lobbies, but it's really annoying to "technically" be unable to blow up any PVs whatsoever. Starting to wonder if it's not a bug and I could destroy more if I wanted to, but I'm really not keen to try.

I've posted already posted a thread on the Rockstar Support wesbite, but it hasn't really gotten any attention since everybody is fixating on the 00y00m00d issue at the moment.

Anyone else in a similar predicament ? :/

apollon_13
  • apollon_13

Elite Aviator

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:04 PM

THIS IS A GAME FOCUSED ON CRIME! DID THEY EXPECT f*ckING ANGELS TO PLAY IT?

Jehannum
  • Jehannum

High in the sky

• Members
  • England

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:32 PM

Bad Sport - all I can say is it's the worst idea ever foisted upon the GTA franchise. I would like to have a chat with the person or team that gave it the green light.

If you blow up a car you should just pay the insurance. The punishment for an in-game crime should itself be in-game. Bad Sport is a deus ex machina solution; it's external to the law and rules of the game. It's an inherently flawed idea.

• naterator, CoachDub25 and fazedevil like this

Youppi
  • Youppi

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:50 PM

I've destroyed an extreme amount of PVs, sometimes up to 10 in one session (without doing any job) but I stopped when the warning message got changed from the usual "BAD SPORT! behave yourself or else..." to being something more serious like " this is your final warning" or something like that.  then I just stopped destroying PVs for a while. doing jobs etc instead...

And I always get 2k everytime i log on for "continued good sport" So I really dont see the issue with the bad sport thing, It's worked good for me, and I have still caused massive mayhem! thats why I think that people who go into BS really has deserved it! 

But I agree that it seems it has been ruined because of the 00D00H timer flaw... :/ that's to bad, but I'm sure R* will figure it out soon. and until then. HAVE FUN SERVING YOUR SENTENCE, KIDS! :D

and oh, people who whine about a game on a forum, really need to get a grip on life! go hug a tree for example, it's been scientifically proven to boost mental health ;)

gregsobow
  • gregsobow

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:34 AM

did we get out with 1.08?

BurningChrome
  • BurningChrome

RAMPAGE KING!!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:40 PM

Blowing up a PV SHOULD be a Bad Sport flag!

I've had people just randomly race up to me, throw a C-4 on my car then drive away and blow me, and my car, up.  Total PUSS move!

Is that the only way you can get a kill?

REALLY???

Didn't anyone see Pulp Fiction?

You don't f*ck with a man's car. It's just against the rules!

Mmmkay???

RydersGrove
  • RydersGrove

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:42 AM

my timer was at 00d00h00m for 10 days, 1.08 update removed my bad sport status. I also got a response from R* support that the timer issues should have been fixed with 1.08

Quattroporte S
  • Quattroporte S

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:55 AM

Bad sport time has NOT been fixed
  • gtafanzboiz likes this

gtafanzboiz
  • gtafanzboiz

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:19 AM Edited by gtafanzboiz, 20 December 2013 - 09:19 AM.

Bad sport time has NOT been fixed

correct

edit: r* is starting to anoy me with this

kayleykoala
  • kayleykoala

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:53 AM Edited by kayleykoala, 21 December 2013 - 08:53 AM.

They need to be more strict with this stuff.  I'm in passive mode and my car gets blown up by a tank and I have to pay 12,500... alrighty then.  Makes perfect sense.

• CoachDub25 likes this

SAVILLAIN
  • SAVILLAIN

ha ha ha

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:01 PM

keep up the good work... bad sport system

Artichoke
  • Artichoke

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:44 PM

I don't understand why people hate having their cars blown up by me. I constantly carry 100k in cash so Im paying for your insurance anyway bitch. 

catcha25
  • catcha25

Cop Killer

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:09 AM

Sorry if this isn't in the right section.

I killed a guy with a bounty on him of $2,000,000,000. At the timeI didn't know that, I just knew he had a bounty on him. I needed cash so I killed him. 

My question is: 1. Am I going to be banned? 2. Can I get rid of this money some way?

masterconch87
  • masterconch87

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 11:59 AM

Sorry if this isn't in the right section.

I killed a guy with a bounty on him of $2,000,000,000. At the timeI didn't know that, I just knew he had a bounty on him. I needed cash so I killed him. 

My question is: 1. Am I going to be banned? 2. Can I get rid of this money some way?

dont think you get banned for it, cause there are to many people now with billions.

if they going to ban people for it, everybody is gone

PromKing
  • PromKing

Rat

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 December 2013 - 08:02 PM

on xbox360 players have -PAID- to play online with a Gold membership

that means players have that cheated/glitched are going to be banned, we all agreed to a long "terms of service" before we first joined and created our characters

players that figure "everyone has billions so no one can be banned" are only fooling themselves

TwasthedaybeforeGTAV
  • TwasthedaybeforeGTAV

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 08:02 PM

Here's a funny guy who makes a living off of trolling people. 

http://www.youtube.c...&view=0&sort=dd

• Speedy1st likes this

K-Malo94
  • K-Malo94

Latin Thug

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 26 December 2013 - 07:29 AM

I only blow up PVs in self defense. I have 70 mil so paying insurance barely makes a dent in my wallet but most of these douche bags have a higher top speed than my car so there's no way for me to outrun them and I'm a terrible shot from inside a car so blowing them to hell is usually the only option I have. What about these situations huh? Lots of people who get their car blown up probably deserve it but this blind system doesn't take that into account.

• CoachDub25 likes this

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:29 AM

question: bad sport only for killing unarmed players or passive mode players? and more then twice in a row that is. sorry if this has already been asked

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:37 PM

I only blow up PVs in self defense. I have 70 mil so paying insurance barely makes a dent in my wallet but most of these douche bags have a higher top speed than my car so there's no way for me to outrun them and I'm a terrible shot from inside a car so blowing them to hell is usually the only option I have. What about these situations huh? Lots of people who get their car blown up probably deserve it but this blind system doesn't take that into account.

Learn the map, drive through alleys...side streets. Trying to outrun an Entity in a straight away....not going to happen. But you can lose MOST fast cars with sharp turns.

Also...running up into those parking structures is great. I love speeding around the ramp corners.

DrBustanut9696
  • DrBustanut9696

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:38 PM Edited by DrBustanut9696, 26 December 2013 - 09:42 PM.

Iv been in bad sports lobby for a few weeks and it still tells me I have a month to go. I play missions constantly yet the timer never goes down. Does anyone know how to fix this? or has anyone els experienced this? P.S. I'm not blowing up PV. I'm not leaving lobbies early and I'm playing in lobbies by myself so no one has reported me. Please help!!
  • CoachDub25 likes this

PromKing
  • PromKing

Rat

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:29 PM

you're in the 

Iv been in bad sports lobby for a few weeks and it still tells me I have a month to go. I play missions constantly yet the timer never goes down. Does anyone know how to fix this? or has anyone els experienced this? P.S. I'm not blowing up PV. I'm not leaving lobbies early and I'm playing in lobbies by myself so no one has reported me. Please help!!

you're in the lobby because you deserve it, you've probably brought your timer down as far as it's going to

DrBustanut9696
  • DrBustanut9696

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:33 PM

Why would you say I deserved it?

K-Malo94
  • K-Malo94

Latin Thug

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 26 December 2013 - 11:20 PM

Learn the map, drive through alleys...side streets. Trying to outrun an Entity in a straight away....not going to happen. But you can lose MOST fast cars with sharp turns.

Also...running up into those parking structures is great. I love speeding around the ramp corners.

This usually happens to me out in the country for some reason. People are usually cool in the city

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:13 AM

This usually happens to me out in the country for some reason. People are usually cool in the city

Yeah that's a lot tougher.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users