Bad Sport Discussion

1,725 replies to this topic
EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:08 PM

FFS!

I've been doing races and deathmatches and missions for the last f*cking day straight and in a deathmatch I went to highlight a player through my phone in a hurry and instead hit 'join crew' which took me to character selection.

When I got back out I was a f*cking bad sport.

What a f*ckin crock of sh*t. 

I haven't blown up a f*cking car in days.

f*ck R*

I hope it won't be too rough in there.

I've done 2, 4, 8 and a 16 day stretch, I love it in there, I just hate the reasoning behind it. 

AllChromeEverything
  • AllChromeEverything

Abusing 1 kdr Players

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:39 PM Edited by AllChromeEverything, 18 November 2013 - 10:41 PM.

i pulled out my tank because some kid was killing a friend over and over in a tank.. i destroy his tank and kept it moving , when out of no where 5 stray degenerates (in his clan) ram my tank with adders so now im bad sport.. f*ck it i might just stay in bad sport this is stupid and a f*cking cop out for bitches.. "Aint so fun when the rabbit got the gun"

chalmers1990
  • chalmers1990

O.G

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:58 PM Edited by chalmers1990, 19 November 2013 - 12:03 AM.

what i don't understand is you don't need to blow someones car up to f*ck them up. A bullet in the head has the same effect if you know how to shoot ;)

it doesnt matter...its not about we dont need to its about we want to...dumb liberals

and we shouldnt be a bad sport for blowing up someones car

you can blow as much pv's as you want, In a bad sport lobby :)

teh_g
  • teh_g

Time for a brew..

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:37 AM

Rather than BS lobbies, they should change it so BS players blips show on map, but non BS don't.

• PandaLambpaws likes this

KeeNer187
  • KeeNer187

-_-

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:56 AM

Rather than BS lobbies, they should change it so BS players blips show on map, but non BS don't.

I like this idea, also they should have a different colour blip for anyone in a tank

Eamonn3
  • Eamonn3

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:32 AM

Like I was saying. They need to completely get rid of the Bad Sport nonsense. Then they can do something with the color blips.

F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:28 PM

Bad sport isn't the problem, people that use glitches and mods are the problem.

Chromed-out tanks that go 5000000 miles per hour and are invincible? Make the game not fun, especially when they spawn camp, you run out of sniper ammo, and you're nowhere near any cars or Ammunations.

I don't see the fun in modding in a videogame to get an edge on people. What happened to good old days of run n' gun chases at high-speeds without tanks and sticky bombs/grenades?

kvic
  • kvic

Grand PooBar

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:15 PM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=pEjfdlJu6lY

SHarm
  • SHarm

Reincarnation of Tommy Vercetti

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:52 PM

Blown up 30 personal vehicles and no bad sport yet

#Rock*hellyeah

Tayman
  • Tayman

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:34 AM

Yah, increasing the number of cars required should definitely help out.  Now people can f*ck up a few times and not get severely punished.

Parallox
  • Parallox

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:28 AM Edited by Parallox, 20 November 2013 - 11:24 AM.

I think that there should be a mode... something beyond passive, where basically you get a special color blip... green or purple maybe... that if you shoot the player, not only do you die instantly, but you also lose 10k.  You should also be able to set it be on by default.   Maybe then these stupid player killers will f*ck off for a change... they are ruining the game for me.

jbarb78
  • jbarb78

Ancient Gamer

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:43 PM

Looks like R* made some changes in 1.06, some of them make a lot of sense, finally. Looks like the glitchers are gonna have to work for a living now. http://www.polygon.c...s-bugs-exploits

Gazolene
  • Gazolene

Villan

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:26 PM

I think that there should be a mode... something beyond passive, where basically you get a special color blip... green or purple maybe... that if you shoot the player, not only do you die instantly, but you also lose 10k.  You should also be able to set it be on by default.   Maybe then these stupid player killers will f*ck off for a change... they are ruining the game for me.

Is this a joke? Complaining about being killed in an online game where killing other players is pretty much the only exciting thing to do?!

*facepalm

• CoachDub25 likes this

Nolifeloser
  • Nolifeloser

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:38 PM

The joke is all of you broke ass fools still playing this game rockstar messed up game was good but well short of expectations and they have been late bringing every single part of this game. I got my ps4 and will have my xb1 tomorrow night sold my old sh*t and this sh*tty game with it. All if you ass clowns have fun playing a game that you don't even like.

CoachDub25
  • CoachDub25

RACECAR founder

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:56 AM Edited by CoachDub25, 21 November 2013 - 12:58 AM.

So, where is the due process? So, any little but-hurt tinkerbell can report any ole Tom, Dick, and Harry for any ole thing under the sun. The kind of nerds  who give a sh*t are the same kinds of nerds who have time to actually report people.

I was getting invites the last time I played but couldn't join because it was a lobby for people who "are not Bad Sports or cheaters....You are a Bad Sport"   How so???

Also, how are we supposed to know for how long we are a bad sport? I see on here that it's is dealt out in a matter of days....HOW FVCKING STUPID!!!  So now, anyone in the "BS pool" (stressing BS) has the simple solution of playing something else for a few days.  If anything, one should have to complete a certain number of "jobs" in order to be forgiven. Oh but that's right, it's nearly impossible to find a job in the BS pool. It's all just so dumb. Where was this BS BS on IV, Red Dead?????

Bad Sport is a concept that could only be conceived and accepted by clowns and/or wimps. "Cheating/Glitching" is one thing. But even then, to have the audacity and hypocritical ethical standards to actually punish people for exploiting THEIR faulty programming is reprehensible. Now we can go back to the little tattle-tale gimps who care enough to actually report people. I see one respondent on here actually has instructions for being a hooker in their signature. How weak!

Let's see the numbers. Let's see the evidence. If one is a bad sport for blowing up cars, how many cars was it? How many did it take? If one is backing out of missions, how many? Which missions? What time and day? If they are keeping track, then it shouldn't be that hard to produce the statistics to the player being accused. If one player is reporting another player, then there should be an appeals process.

Bad Sport is a BAD IDEA. I want to see the case against me before I am convicted. I am convinced that there is no case, it's just another fvck up by another group of idiots.

I personally think that not getting paid after backing out is a sufficient punishment for those who do it. Got a phone call? Bad Sport! Baby crying? Bad Sport! Need to take a dump? Bad Sport!  ...Stupid.

I also think that somebody over there at R* dropped the ball when they had their little 'don't destroy my personal vehicle' tantrum. As someone said earlier in this thread, what's the point of insurance? What's the point of mercenaries, bounties, etc.?  We can control who has access to the PV. We have passive mode. WTF and why can't they pertain to one another? PVs are just a security blanket to be used by punk bitches with NO BALLS

If you think you have the cojones to come play ho games in your PV, then you should have the cojones to lose your PV. Pay the deductible and man up! The way they have it, little pussies can drive their big-wheel over someone with testicular fortitudes feet. Then, when Big-nuts smashes Kitty cat's big-wheel, Kitty cat runs to Mommy. Mommy then buys Kitty cat a new big-wheel, calls and tells Big-nuts wife, and now Big-nuts is banished to the dog house EVEN THOUGH KITTY CAT IS PROBABLY LYING AND MOMMY DIDN'T SEE SH1T!

DLC? Don't make me laugh. I want my money back for this piece of sh*t. I can't play online with my friends, R* won't/can't show me what I did that made it that way. Refund.

• iEatzNiggletz likes this

Lucius Aelius
  • Lucius Aelius

Loose Seals of LS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:03 PM

There needs to be some punishment for trolls to stop them from trolling too much, that's why bad sport exists in this game. Just having money deducted from people's accounts isn't necessarily enough for them to stop blowing up cars (especially if they're broke), so having a punishment that they actually feel is required.

No it's not a perfect system and it was definitely too strict in the beginning, but with additional tweaking I think it could become a useful stopgap against trolls while not getting in the way of non-trolls just playing the game (which unquestionably necessitates some blowing up of PVs). A lot of good ideas in this thread for tweaking the system, I hope R* is taking note.

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

Die Hard is a Christmas movie

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:53 PM

There needs to be some punishment for trolls to stop them from trolling too much, that's why bad sport exists in this game. Just having money deducted from people's accounts isn't necessarily enough for them to stop blowing up cars (especially if they're broke), so having a punishment that they actually feel is required.
No it's not a perfect system and it was definitely too strict in the beginning, but with additional tweaking I think it could become a useful stopgap against trolls while not getting in the way of non-trolls just playing the game (which unquestionably necessitates some blowing up of PVs). A lot of good ideas in this thread for tweaking the system, I hope R* is taking note.

Just make BS lobbies pvp lobbies and make it so you can choose the setting, just like with aim settings.

gearofdeath
  • gearofdeath

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:39 PM

The best way to address this bad behavior system is to get rid of it all together and instead create free roam options where I can create an invite only room and set the rules my self to include whatever I want without any penalties.  That way me,my friends and crew that want to have an all out war can get together and do so without any stupid restrictions.  There could also be other free roam options offered by Rockstar such as one that is a free for all do what you want, down to one that has their current Bad Behavior system in it.  That way, the players that want to play against randoms and go crazy can, as well as those that do't want to play that way each have a different choice.  It's as simple as creating the different free roam options and let players choose where they want to play.

• blowtorchrepair likes this

gearofdeath
  • gearofdeath

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:20 AM

No actually they just need to re-think this process.  A lot of people want to go into matches where dieing, cars being destroyed, using tanks, helicopters and explosives is all part of the experience.  They don't want restrictions so they can create all the mayhem they can think of against and with real players.  Then there are those that don't want to play like that.  It would be simple to fix!  Rockstar should have created multiple free roam types that allow people to pick what they want to particiapte in.  They could also adrress the matching and party system so you can link to your friends, crew and those that want to play a certain way and they stay together instead of being broken up everytime a mission ends.  The problem is Rockstar thinks they will make money from people purchasing gt money, and so they won't let go of every little way to charge you for stuff.  Car insurance fees would be gone, etc.  So it will be interesting to see if this is really about the almighty real dollor or if they want to give appropraite choice to the players?????  If they don't get it figured out soon, they are not going to have to worry about much because most of us will have moved on to the next better experience!

• CALLOFDUTYghost likes this

gunslinger88
  • gunslinger88

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:31 AM

if any one on xbox wants to do a commend lobby with me to get out of bad sport early send me a msg with your GT :) (yes it does work, if you do it the right way)

CALLOFDUTYghost
  • CALLOFDUTYghost

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:09 AM

How do you check how much time you have left In bad sport ?

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:23 PM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 23 November 2013 - 01:23 PM.

Okay, I got labelled a bad sport for the first time by blowing up some guy in a jet. However, I was supposed to be aiming for some twat and his friend who had previously gunned me down twice and put a bounty on my head, which was claimed by some other knob. Eventually I crashed the jet and got killed by them again. I usually put people in their place who act like that, but last night I wasn't so lucky.

F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:32 PM

Is it just me or are all the bad sport lobbies empty? No one in ANY lobbies, and no one in racing lobbies.

What gives? COD Ghosts?

CALLOFDUTYghost
  • CALLOFDUTYghost

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:52 PM Edited by CALLOFDUTYghost, 23 November 2013 - 03:06 PM.

Is it just me or are all the bad sport lobbies empty? No one in ANY lobbies, and no one in racing lobbies.

What gives? COD Ghosts?

I'm having the same issue. It keeps putting me in a lobby by myself . I tried joining races, parachuting everything and it's not matching me with any other player . Im about to quit the game . Too many issues .

On top of that I got badsport by my game freezing during 3 different beach bum events , it'll start the race then in the middle of race it will kick me saying this session is timed out . Next thing you know I'm in bad sport .

F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:04 PM

What gives? COD Ghosts?

I'm having the same issue. It keeps putting me in a lobby by myself . I tried joining races, parachuting everything and it's not matching me with any other player . Im about to quit the game . Too many issues .

On top of that I got badsport by my game freezing during 3 different beach bum events , it'll start the race then in middle of race kick saying this session is timed out . Next thing you know I'm in bad sport .

Yup. Keeps kicking me the few times I do get races. And I also learned that when people quit right before the finish line of races, you don't get a win counted for unlocks, and you don't get any money. About to return the game, as the very few fun aspects there were (full lobbies, carnage in BS, races) are gone.

What should I get? Don't really care for COD Ghosts. Madden sucks like always. Maybe I should get some pre-workout instead.

scofo76
  • scofo76

No Surrender

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:20 PM

What gives? COD Ghosts?

Yep, I've been trying the race lobbies for a couple of days and still all empty. As for the main lobbies I have found a couple of busy ones but for the most part only two or three other players.

Oh well, only another 5 and a half days of my 'sentence' to go...

Nivak
  • Nivak

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:55 PM

Just thought I'd add my odd BS experience to the list for posterity..

Never been in BS in over 9 days /played until last night.  Blew up a couple of PVs in the span of 10 minutes on Thursday night, warnings but no dunce cap.  

On Friday spent several full hours racing (nothing else, no pvp of any kind), and didn't leave a single race early.  Logged off for an hour Friday evening as a good sport, and when I logged back in an hour later I had a 2 day BS sentence.  

My best guess is that I got BS for the PVs blown up on Thursday, but on a 24 hour delay (the actual BS sentence came almost exactly 24 hours after the blown up PVs).  

The only other thing I can think of is that I was possibly reported (for what, I don't know) by folks I was racing against on Friday, as I was winning almost every race and more than a few people raged or quit early.  In any event, strange.

F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:14 PM

Still can't find any lobbies with more than 3 players in them. Can't find ANY racing lobbies. WTF did Rockstar do?

rampage08
  • rampage08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:44 AM

So how many pv do we get to blow up until we became bad sport now ?
  • raymo5 likes this

CoachDub25
  • CoachDub25

RACECAR founder

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:33 AM Edited by CoachDub25, 25 November 2013 - 02:39 AM.

What about the dumb MFs that go backward in races, hide out afk in deathmatches, or basically let everyone else complete the mission but still get in on the pay check?

And now races don't even pay enough to worry about the money. That's just it! The BS system is flawed, as is the entire scope of online play.

Some people aren't interested in spending 45 minutes or MORE to do stupid sh*t like patriot gains. MOST of the actual missions are lame as hell in my opinion. This bad sport BS is just the icing on the cake.  THEY F up the programming in the first place, then, they make """"""rules""""""" to compensate for what? A bunch of overly sensitive, self-entitled, whiners?

Idk how these other chumps got their money but I got mine fair and square. I bought the game to do nothing but race/gta race online.  Now, because of a LSC glitch (not my fault) and because they gave little hookers the ability to kick people without a vote (not my fault) so then they can trade wins (not my fault), the rest of anyone who enjoys racing (and little else) have to suffer  because a race pays didley squat TO WIN now. I don't see how FORCING people to do things that they don't want to do is conducive to building a larger, but more importantly better community of active players.

After 1000 races, give or take, and going around 270-7xx or so, I have bought 3 cars and 2 bikes. I have built 8 vehicles altogether seeing as how I stole my Dominator and my Felon and the Elegy was free. Now 1000 races, 8 fully built vehicles, a luxury apartment, several weapons (count expended ammo), not too many clothes but some, and around 900k in the bank. That's with several of the other BORING ass missions mixed in there and at level 160.  The mathematics on all of that PRIOR  to this latest update seemed perfectly fair to me, the guy that ran the 1000 races.

And, I'm not really interested in hearing about how more than half of these races were on about 6-7 different tracks. Or, how some of them might have been 1 lappers on criminal records or down the drain...or the commute p2p. Or, how any of these can be replayed by a majority vote (not my fault). R* is punishing people for things that are R*'s fault. The whole Bad Sport thing is just flawed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users