Bad Sport Discussion

1,725 replies to this topic
MarkGTAV
  • MarkGTAV

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:05 AM

I have some questions regarding bad sport:

1. How many personal cars do you need to blow up to become a bad sport?

2. Does being a good sport for a prolonged period of time wipe the slate clean and bring your current amount of personal cars destroyed back to 0?

3. How long does bad sport last?

4. Do you wear a dunce hat for the duration of bad sport?

5. Other than blowing up personal vehicels is there any other ways to become a bad sport?

hungpaul22
  • hungpaul22

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:08 AM

\

Oh and bounties need to go, completely. Bounties are pointless and don't contribute to the game in any positive way. Remove them.

Disagree, they're a fun and easy way to earn money.

MysticJon
  • MysticJon

Legit Player

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:16 AM

\

Oh and bounties need to go, completely. Bounties are pointless and don't contribute to the game in any positive way. Remove them.

Disagree, they're an easy way to annoy people.

stringer
  • stringer

Cash Money Millionaire

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:05 AM

I don't understand why some people believe that Rockstar might view glitchers with $100 million in the game as a potential cash card customer. Obviously, no one who glitched that amount of money is going to buy a cash card, so I would love for someone to explain to me what Rockstar would be risking by either banning or resetting the glitchers? I see no downside for Rockstar and only an upside for the community, as it would even out the board and players wouldn't get griefed as much.

Even if they don't view them as potential cash card customers, they must certainly view them as potential DLC customers. 

The downside is that if they punish these people, then they risk having people who would not buy cash cards, but would buy DLC, become people who will not buy either. 

If someone won't buy cash cards if you punish him, and won'y buy cash cards if you don't punish him, then it makes no difference at all, from a cash-card-sales standpoint, whether you ban him. 

So, if it doesn't matter at all for cash card sales, you need to look to sales of some other thing to find a potential downside. 

That thing is DLCs. 

I for one will not buy DLCs if I am punished for glitch exploiting. But I will buy them if I am not punished. I won't buy cash cars either way. It is hard to believe that I am the only person with this disposition. 

What DLC are you referring to? At least for a while, the DLC being released will be free. I would say we're at least a year or two away from any DLC that might need to be purchased and maybe not even then if cash cards are still being purchased.

Plus, you must also consider players on the other side of the fence like me, who have vowed not to buy cash cards or DLC if they DON'T punish the glitchers. Between us, we're probably a wash, which means Rockstar is very likely going to do what's best for the community and allowing people to have a billion dollars to grief people while expecting others to be willing to purchase cash cards probably doesn't fit into that category, especially since the glitchers would completely throw on the stock market they want to introduce, as well.

Seriously, from a business standpoint, Rockstar simply cannot allow dishonest players to remain untouched with the equivalent of $1000 in cash cards and then try to get other players to pay $20 for a measly $1.25 million. Even if all of the glitchers vowed not to ever pay another cent (which most of them would never do anyway), you must consider the millions of potential future players who will adopt the game in the next few years who represent more profit.

One thing I will say on the glitchers' side -- in a sense -- is that Rockstar handled this TERRIBLY. This glitch was a HUGE exploit, especially in a game where Rockstar is counting on selling fake money. Why the hell didn't they shut down LSC Customs completely and fix it before reopening it? And why in the name of everything that is holy did they not limit the amount of money a person could have at once, at least in the beginning? Why didn't they cap it at $20 million, if not a bit less? Why allow for the ability to have a BILLION dollars from the get-go? That makes zero sense ... and now they're having to deal with the repurcussions and do much more work than was needed had they just been a little smarter about the whole thing. 

Honestly, though, I'm guessing you're an adult ... so, as an adult, why would you be upset if you were reset when a) every single video of the glitch that I've seen online (especially the first wave of them) specifically warned against possible banning of anyone who did it ... and b) that from what I understand, you broke the TOS? It doesn't seem logical to be upset when you're simply being punished for something that you at least had a feeling was wrong to do.

I - Reply

It's hard to believe there are more people who won't buy DLC because they forgive glitchers than there are glitchers who won't buy DLC unless they're forgiven. But, it might be the case. I wouldn't bank on it, but Rockstar might. 

This doesn't address the claim that many people who exploited glitches are still potential cash card customers, and that they are more likely to buy cash cards in the future if they are forgiven than if they are punished. 

As to the millions of potential future players, they probably won't be affected one way or another by whether or not glitch exploiters are punished. The glitch was only available for a couple weeks. If the number of glitch exploiters was high enough to have big ramifications a year down the road, the number would also be so big that Rockstar might encounter very real financial risks by punishing them. 

As for myself, I wouldn't be upset per se if I got reset, but I don't think the game is rewarding enough to grind for money. It's fun enough if you can get a bunch of money easily, but I don't like it enough to slave away at it. I made my choice to exploit glitches for money on the assumption that I was really ever going to play through the game once, level up one character one time, etc. 

If my risk pays off and I get to keep all the money, I have won big. I'll be able to drop back in whenever I want and have all the good things. If it doesn't, and I get reset, it's not such a big deal. 

--

II - Rockstar's Mistakes

In a way, Rockstar painted itself into a corner by loudly proclaiming before the game was released that no one would need to buy cash cards to fully enjoy it. If the game can be fully enjoyed without cash cards, then it follows that it could be fully enjoyed without glitching money, since the two things are fundamentally the same - getting a lot of cash without grinding for it. 

If the best thing cash cards can do is "speed things up a little bit," then that's also the best thing that money glitching can do. If money glitching does more than speed things up a little bit, then cash cards also do more, and the claim they made about cash cards is false. 

It seems hard to defend the line of reasoning that "glitchers must be punished because what they did was get free cash cards, which gave them a big unfair advantage over other players" unless you admit that cash cards give people who buy them a big unfair advantage too. 

Rockstar also made the mistake you pointed out. For a long time they not only did nothing to fix the glitches, but did nothing to discourage people from using the glitches. 

If Rockstar had simply released a statement saying they planned to punish glitch exploiters, it would almost certainly have caused many glitch exploiters to stop, and many people considering glitch exploiting to decide not to do it at all. I make no argument about the morality of glitch exploiting, or of punishing it.  I make this claim only to point out that Rockstar could have made decisions that led to less glitch exploiting. The plainly stated threat of future punishment would have tipped the scales for many people away from glitch exploiting, in my opinion. 

It might be objected that rockstar shouldn't need to make this threat plainly, since glitch exploiters are routinely punished in other games. I don't think this objection stands up though, because in Rockstar's last online game, Red Dead Redemption Online, they forgave glitch exploiters and only punished people who hacked the game. Absent a plainly stated threat to punish glitch exploiters, many exploiters had relatively good reason to believe that Rockstar would apply the same standard to this game as to RDR.  Because of this, I believe that people who might otherwise have not exploited glitches out of fear of punishment instead believed punishment was unlikely, and chose to exploit glitches. 

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:10 AM

\

Getting rid of the bounties would be insane. They're one of the best parts about free roam. They actually give you a goal. Plus, my buddy and I will find a full lobby, then put bounties on each other -- always $9000 -- and split up and keep in contact over mics about what's going on. We have a blast. I only wish that you could increase the amount. Why not put a $25,000 bounty or more on someone and then watch everyone scramble? 

I only wish that you could see how much a bounty was worth after they announce it the first time. Sometimes, I enter a session and spend a bunch of time hunting a guy down for $1000.

We're actually both thinking about purchasing cash cards when they become available again -- not to get ahead (we both already have a nice amount of money) -- but to spread the wealth by way of bounties and have a little fun in the process.

TheInsider
  • TheInsider

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:10 AM

Saw this car modified to look like a space ship on wheels: 

vehicles-offroad-dune-buggy.jpg

I'm assuming that's a hack? 

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:12 AM

\

What the heck is annoying about a bounty? If you don't like to compete against players, just go to a private session. Or get your friend to kill you and then give you half the money.

I swear, kids these days just don't like to have fun and compete. I blame Angry Birds. And Justin Bieber. Just cuz he sucks.

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:19 AM

R* just needs to switch personal vehicles with players. Right now I can kill as many players as I want and there are no negative consequences, but blow up some player's personal vehicle and the sh!t hits the fan. Should be the other way around. If I'm running around free mode killing players, that should be bad sport because it contributed nothing to the game and bothers other people who are just trying to play the game their way. If you feel the need to kill players, play a deathmatch. That's what its there for. Blowing up a personal vehicle should not give bad sport points, because I have to pay the insurance to replace it, which is punishment enough.

Agreed on bad sport, don't agree on the bounty. Bounties do need some modification. I'd say they should remove the auto bounties you get from stealing cars and leave the player assigned ones in.

I think the opposite regarding bounties. Bounties from stealing cars is OK, but player assigned bounties is pointless. All it does is annoy and bother people. There's no in-game reason to use the bounty system. That's why I've done it, zero times.

I don't understand why some of you guys are even playing gta. If you shouldn't be able to kill others in free roam why even allow weapons in free roam. If rockstar took your idea they would literally destroy their company.

Because there's no benefit to doing so. All killing players in free mode does is annoy other players while they're trying to play the game. You don't level up from it, you don't get money (or at least you get very little). Why do it other that to be an ass? You can just as easily run around in single player and kill NPCs and it'd be the same thing.

The game you are describing sounds VERY boring. I don't get mad when a player kills me. It just gives me a challenge. This isn't f*cking SIMS, man. Grow a pair and grab a gun ... or just go to a private session. Seriously, if you want to play the game that way, which is cool with me, you do have an alternative. If you don't want to engage anyone or have them engage you, then why are you in a session with 15 other people? It makes ZERO sense.

The only time I got annoyed by someone killing me was when I was going to deliver a car worth $21k and a guy blew me up with a rocket. But I saw him nearby. I knew the risk going in. So that was my fault.

j0hn_d0e
  • j0hn_d0e

F*ck You Too

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:45 AM

I'm intrigued as to how exactly Rockstar will know that when a glitcher jumps into LSC and does the exploit, that the sale is not a legitimate one.  It's a glitch for a reason - the system CAN'T tell it's not a legitimate sale.

People are putting a lot of faith in the cloud system to be able to track glitchers - I just happen to think it's not that smart...they will be able to remove the obvious modded vehicles and jets etc from garages, but that will be all they can do.

They can't touch the money simply because they can't tell for sure that it's not legitimate.

The only thing they can do, is admit their coding mistakes and reset the bank balances, giving everyone 500k - but even then, they run the risk of losing customers - so my bet is that they won't do anything.

PS - whats all this about the money equalling "real money" (cash cards) - how does that work ?

Nolifeloser
  • Nolifeloser

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:55 AM

I don't think that it will be hard to find glitchers because if you pause and look at the stats it tells how much money you've earned from selling cars. So my $60 million in auto sells with less than 48 hours gameplay is a dead giveaway.

stringer
  • stringer

Cash Money Millionaire

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:48 AM

It wouldn't take any effort to find all the glitchers/hackers at once. 

They just query their stat database for people who made more than X amount of money selling cars, or for people who have more than Y amount of money total. 

Would take maybe five minutes worth of work. 

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:36 AM Edited by blackrooster_, 03 November 2013 - 09:44 AM.

I - Reply

It's hard to believe there are more people who won't buy DLC because they forgive glitchers than there are glitchers who won't buy DLC unless they're forgiven. But, it might be the case. I wouldn't bank on it, but Rockstar might. 

This doesn't address the claim that many people who exploited glitches are still potential cash card customers, and that they are more likely to buy cash cards in the future if they are forgiven than if they are punished. 

As to the millions of potential future players, they probably won't be affected one way or another by whether or not glitch exploiters are punished. The glitch was only available for a couple weeks. If the number of glitch exploiters was high enough to have big ramifications a year down the road, the number would also be so big that Rockstar might encounter very real financial risks by punishing them. 

As for myself, I wouldn't be upset per se if I got reset, but I don't think the game is rewarding enough to grind for money. It's fun enough if you can get a bunch of money easily, but I don't like it enough to slave away at it. I made my choice to exploit glitches for money on the assumption that I was really ever going to play through the game once, level up one character one time, etc. 

If my risk pays off and I get to keep all the money, I have won big. I'll be able to drop back in whenever I want and have all the good things. If it doesn't, and I get reset, it's not such a big deal. 

--

II - Rockstar's Mistakes

In a way, Rockstar painted itself into a corner by loudly proclaiming before the game was released that no one would need to buy cash cards to fully enjoy it. If the game can be fully enjoyed without cash cards, then it follows that it could be fully enjoyed without glitching money, since the two things are fundamentally the same - getting a lot of cash without grinding for it. 

If the best thing cash cards can do is "speed things up a little bit," then that's also the best thing that money glitching can do. If money glitching does more than speed things up a little bit, then cash cards also do more, and the claim they made about cash cards is false. 

It seems hard to defend the line of reasoning that "glitchers must be punished because what they did was get free cash cards, which gave them a big unfair advantage over other players" unless you admit that cash cards give people who buy them a big unfair advantage too. 

Rockstar also made the mistake you pointed out. For a long time they not only did nothing to fix the glitches, but did nothing to discourage people from using the glitches. 

If Rockstar had simply released a statement saying they planned to punish glitch exploiters, it would almost certainly have caused many glitch exploiters to stop, and many people considering glitch exploiting to decide not to do it at all. I make no argument about the morality of glitch exploiting, or of punishing it.  I make this claim only to point out that Rockstar could have made decisions that led to less glitch exploiting. The plainly stated threat of future punishment would have tipped the scales for many people away from glitch exploiting, in my opinion. 

It might be objected that rockstar shouldn't need to make this threat plainly, since glitch exploiters are routinely punished in other games. I don't think this objection stands up though, because in Rockstar's last online game, Red Dead Redemption Online, they forgave glitch exploiters and only punished people who hacked the game. Absent a plainly stated threat to punish glitch exploiters, many exploiters had relatively good reason to believe that Rockstar would apply the same standard to this game as to RDR.  Because of this, I believe that people who might otherwise have not exploited glitches out of fear of punishment instead believed punishment was unlikely, and chose to exploit glitches. 

You definitely make some good points. We can both agree that Rockstar really screwed up. As you said, if Rockstar had simply stated that anyone using the LSC glitch once they learned of it would be reset, many people wouldn't have even attempted it. But they didn't. Instead, they choose to fix it on the sly, which left a lot of the GTA community thinking, "Well, what the f*ck? I guess I should have glitched, too, since you obviously don't care." What it does is put a bad taste in people's mouths over fairness.

The only big problems I see concerning the glitchers are the ones who sit in their apartment and keep sending mercenaries and airstrikes after everyone, which -- to be honest -- doesn't really affect me. I don't even care about having the big expensive car at all, nor the ability to generate a tank or jet on a whim. I am more than happy with my apt and 9F and think putting bounties on everyone while hiding out would be boring as f*ck. However, there is the idea of fairness that is hard to dispute. Why should a person who played for three hours have 50 times as much money as me? Anyway ... the second point is that, in the world of GTA and Rockstar, they can't release the stock market (which I don't really care about either) into a gaming community when it could be easily skewed by those who glitched.

I have to wonder if the game might not be as enjoyable for you BECAUSE you glitched. Having an endless amount of money and being able to buy whatever you want within weeks of the game being released sounds boring. There's no sense of accomplishment. When I play right now, I have fun hunting down bounties and doing a few missions or selling a car or whatever so that when I finish playing, I have more money than when I started with. If I had a billion dollars, though, I wouldn't care at all.

All that being said, though, I'm still not sure why you keep bringing up the purchasing of DLC as a potential loss for Rockstar if they reset the glitchers. Obviously, no one who glitched for $100 million or $1 billion is every going to buy cash cards, but what DLC are you referring to? This seems to be very hypothetical, especially when you consider that the only announced DLC is the Beach Bum Pack, which is going to be free. The only DLC that I can imagine they'd have us pay for is something like the addition of an entire city, like Liberty City. But if that came in the next year or so, I'd be pretty shocked. So I guess it might depend on their focus. If Rockstar really has no plans to charge people for DLC, then that potential loss of money from glitchers is non-existent. Right?

Oh ... and what was the big Red Dead glitch that they didn't punish people for? I've only heard about the modding.

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:43 AM

I'm intrigued as to how exactly Rockstar will know that when a glitcher jumps into LSC and does the exploit, that the sale is not a legitimate one.  It's a glitch for a reason - the system CAN'T tell it's not a legitimate sale.

People are putting a lot of faith in the cloud system to be able to track glitchers - I just happen to think it's not that smart...they will be able to remove the obvious modded vehicles and jets etc from garages, but that will be all they can do.

They can't touch the money simply because they can't tell for sure that it's not legitimate.

The only thing they can do, is admit their coding mistakes and reset the bank balances, giving everyone 500k - but even then, they run the risk of losing customers - so my bet is that they won't do anything.

PS - whats all this about the money equalling "real money" (cash cards) - how does that work ?

Bwahahahaha! You are a silly person. 

Systems like these can track EVERYTHING. All they'd have to do is create an algorithm that identified sales of vehicles under the 48 minute time limit that they imposed. If a person has played for 100 hours, but has a BILLION dollars in car sales, it's a no brainer. Yes, it really is that simple. Create an algorithm that compares the number of 48-minute increments played and the number of times a vehicle has been sold at LSC customs. 

Plus, they would also create a secondary algorithm that would "red flag" the ones that weren't so obvious. Those would be sent to an escalation team who would look more closely at the details and determine whether or not a glitch occurred.

It always amazes me when people think things like this can't be tracked. Data loss is one thing, but if you haven't experienced it, then every bit of what you have done in the game, at least as far as stats goes, is easily identifiable.

So if you're banking on Rockstar not having the capability of discovering the glitchers, you're wrong.

j0hn_d0e
  • j0hn_d0e

F*ck You Too

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:08 AM

Bwahahahaha! You are a silly person. 

Systems like these can track EVERYTHING. All they'd have to do is create an algorithm that identified sales of vehicles under the 48 minute time limit that they imposed. If a person has played for 100 hours, but has a BILLION dollars in car sales, it's a no brainer. Yes, it really is that simple. Create an algorithm that compares the number of 48-minute increments played and the number of times a vehicle has been sold at LSC customs. 

Plus, they would also create a secondary algorithm that would "red flag" the ones that weren't so obvious. Those would be sent to an escalation team who would look more closely at the details and determine whether or not a glitch occurred.

It always amazes me when people think things like this can't be tracked. Data loss is one thing, but if you haven't experienced it, then every bit of what you have done in the game, at least as far as stats goes, is easily identifiable.

So if you're banking on Rockstar not having the capability of discovering the glitchers, you're wrong.

Ok.

Cool.

Durden
  • Durden

Jack's blatant honesty

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:55 AM

Whelp, I went crazy with power. I figured the garage glitch will be patched this week, so I may as well have fun. With the help of my tank, Lazer, and 13 million dollars, I destroyed EVERYONE'S vehicles (with them inside) and within about 20-30 bad sport warnings, I finally turned into a bad sport. 

Once this happened, I was sure I'd get booted from the game of clean players. I didn't. I continued my carnage, when somebody confidently threatened, "haha bitch, just wait until you're a bad sport and get booted from the lobby". I grinned, and continued to grief everyone until the lobby was a ghost town.

Well worth it.

MM_ObSCen3
  • MM_ObSCen3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:17 PM

Did i saw some retards talking about etcih, code of valor or a "i'm too legit for my shorts" kinda thing? Really, are you talking about pixels like if they were real? Its a game, let people play and enjoy you experience? Disspointed? Go play another game, there is sh*t tons, and even brand new

stringer
  • stringer

Cash Money Millionaire

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:38 PM Edited by stringer, 03 November 2013 - 12:41 PM.

I - Reply

--
II - Rockstar's Mistakes

You definitely make some good points. We can both agree that Rockstar really screwed up. As you said, if Rockstar had simply stated that anyone using the LSC glitch once they learned of it would be reset, many people wouldn't have even attempted it. But they didn't. Instead, they choose to fix it on the sly, which left a lot of the GTA community thinking, "Well, what the f*ck? I guess I should have glitched, too, since you obviously don't care." What it does is put a bad taste in people's mouths over fairness.
The only big problems I see concerning the glitchers are the ones who sit in their apartment and keep sending mercenaries and airstrikes after everyone, which -- to be honest -- doesn't really affect me. I don't even care about having the big expensive car at all, nor the ability to generate a tank or jet on a whim. I am more than happy with my apt and 9F and think putting bounties on everyone while hiding out would be boring as f*ck. However, there is the idea of fairness that is hard to dispute. Why should a person who played for three hours have 50 times as much money as me? Anyway ... the second point is that, in the world of GTA and Rockstar, they can't release the stock market (which I don't really care about either) into a gaming community when it could be easily skewed by those who glitched.

I have to wonder if the game might not be as enjoyable for you BECAUSE you glitched. Having an endless amount of money and being able to buy whatever you want within weeks of the game being released sounds boring. There's no sense of accomplishment. When I play right now, I have fun hunting down bounties and doing a few missions or selling a car or whatever so that when I finish playing, I have more money than when I started with. If I had a billion dollars, though, I wouldn't care at all.
All that being said, though, I'm still not sure why you keep bringing up the purchasing of DLC as a potential loss for Rockstar if they reset the glitchers. Obviously, no one who glitched for $100 million or $1 billion is every going to buy cash cards, but what DLC are you referring to? This seems to be very hypothetical, especially when you consider that the only announced DLC is the Beach Bum Pack, which is going to be free. The only DLC that I can imagine they'd have us pay for is something like the addition of an entire city, like Liberty City. But if that came in the next year or so, I'd be pretty shocked. So I guess it might depend on their focus. If Rockstar really has no plans to charge people for DLC, then that potential loss of money from glitchers is non-existent. Right?

Oh ... and what was the big Red Dead glitch that they didn't punish people for? I've only heard about the modding.
I suspect that rockstar will release paid dlc for gta online eventually. If they never do and don't plan to, my appeal to glitchers buying dlc fails.

I dont know the specifics of red dead glitching, but a news wire release from 2010 states that while hackers will be banned, people who exploited glitches to rapidly advance wouldn't be.

http://www.rockstarg...-is-coming.html

"* This will not apply to those people who simply took advantage of temporary exploits to rapidly grind up XP a few weeks ago. We are able to tell who actually hacked their save to have impossible scores."

I don't know whether gta online would have been more fun to grind up. I didn't have the time to grind at pace with others, and I dislike grinding games. I also had a bad taste in my mouth from all the fruitless missions in gtaV.

Believe it or not, if the game had launched in a stable, professional way, with cash cards and no exploits, I'd have bought a cash card. I planned to before even playing GTAO.

teh_g
  • teh_g

Time for a brew..

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:44 PM Edited by teh_g, 03 November 2013 - 12:51 PM.

I played this game legit, I bought 335k apartment legally, and half modded some cars, missions, car selling, races, robbing was my prio, I would always log on just to farm.. I would always log on to invite only game otherwise i'd earn nothing!

I got really frustrated with the lack of communication from R* about it, and started to feel like I should have taken advantage, but didn't.

My interest in the game started to go..

Then, someone shared me money, and I bought 2 cars, now I log in to populated servers every time and enjoy just cruising around, seeing what people are up to, heping peolpe out etc.

I never attack first, I am always charged at for some reason.  I pretty much ignore white dots now.

When people do start on me though, they feel a world of pain.

Endless 9k bounties, mercs, my crew.. I always get someone message me giving me abuse afterwards when they leave my server, ends in the same way, "you started it son"..

I've never been bad sport, I get $1000 every day for good behaviour and my discounts.

The game has become awesome, feels more like a COD type free roam war. Snipers, jets, tanks, police, rockets, bounties, high speed pursuits...

I have also been hooking anyone that gives me the chance, modded cars to sell, guns, boosts, or just a ride/drive in my car.

I started this ( http://gtaforums.com...le-with-cheese/ ) to help people in the situation I was in a few days ago.  If anyone needs few thou, give me a shout and get involved! :)

TLDR: I love this game now.  Life is peachy.

MysticJon
  • MysticJon

Legit Player

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:40 PM

\

What the heck is annoying about a bounty? If you don't like to compete against players, just go to a private session. Or get your friend to kill you and then give you half the money.

I swear, kids these days just don't like to have fun and compete. I blame Angry Birds. And Justin Bieber. Just cuz he sucks.

I don't mind competition at all. In a race. Or deathmatch. Or mission. Or parachute jump. Or last team standing. In freemode, I just want to do my own thing without any outside interference. Which yea, is why I often play in a private room, but its disappointing that I have to do that just to play freemode in peace.

MysticJon
  • MysticJon

Legit Player

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:47 PM Edited by MysticJon, 03 November 2013 - 01:47 PM.

Sorry for the double post.

There is an unwritten gamers code that mature, experienced gamers follow. Killing or mugging people you just played co-op missions with instantly upon returning to the free roam map for example is generally frowned upon. As is just generally being an ass constantly and causing trouble for other players when there's no reason to do so. And cheating the system with glitches and exploits fits right into this code. If you're 12 it might be fun to spawn kill the same person over and over, or wait outside of a pay and spray for them to leave or drive around in a tank and kill other players, or glitch yourself a few million dollars, or constantly put bounties on other players, but that's because you're not very good at the game and/or have nothing better to do. Now I'm nothing special playing this game, but I do like to play my way and get frustrated when someone interrupts me for no good reason. Doing those things does not contribute to your in-game character. You can get a little bit of money from dead players (and of course the glitch gives you money, but you need to be leveled up to buy worthwhile things from the internet) and you certainly aren't leveling up from doing it. The fact that this is GTA online doesn't matter. Good and fair players like fun, fair fights with some challenge involved, not mindless killing and nuisances. The current generation of gamers follows no such code, they're all in it for themselves and themselves alone. The future of online gaming looks bleak...

• Judas0ne likes this

jbarb78
  • jbarb78

Ancient Gamer

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:19 PM

Did i saw some retards talking about etcih, code of valor or a "i'm too legit for my shorts" kinda thing? Really, are you talking about pixels like if they were real? Its a game, let people play and enjoy you experience? Disspointed? Go play another game, there is sh*t tons, and even brand new

Uh, what?

600noodles
  • 600noodles

Trick

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:35 PM

SO WILL I GET BANNED OR NOT? I NEED THE MOMEY

Gregorious420
  • Gregorious420

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:00 PM

Sorry for the double post.van tv

There is an unwritten gamers code that mature, experienced gamers follow. Killing or mugging people you just played co-op missions with instantly upon returning to the free roam map for example is generally frowned upon. As is just generally being an ass constantly and causing trouble for other players when there's no reason to do so. And cheating the system with glitches and exploits fits right into this code. If you're 12 it might be fun to spawn kill the same person over and over, or wait outside of a pay and spray for them to leave or drive around in a tank and kill other players, or glitch yourself a few million dollars, or constantly put bounties on other players, but that's because you're not very good at the game and/or have nothing better to do. Now I'm nothing special playing this game, but I do like to play my way and get frustrated when someone interrupts me for no good reason. Doing those things does not contribute to your in-game character. You can get a little bit of money from dead players (and of course the glitch gives you money, but you need to be leveled up to buy worthwhile things from the internet) and you certainly aren't leveling up from doing it. The fact that this is GTA online doesn't matter. Good and fair players like fun, fair fights with some challenge involved, not mindless killing and nuisances. The current generation of gamers follows no such code, they're all in it for themselves and themselves alone. The future of online gaming looks bleak...

you are a pussy and I cant wait to greif u. I have never glitched, but all I do is right around in free mode trying to grief as many people as I can. Yes I kill them then I put a sticky bomb somewhere on the car that they can't see, run away and wait to see them driving away in the car on the map and when I do I blow up their car and kill them. It is the funnest part of the game. and yes I kill people that I just finished a co op mission with. anything I can do to annoy others were upset them or make their time playing less fun is a win for me. Don't you dare compare me to someone who uses glitching.

vanguard72
  • vanguard72

GTAO

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:19 PM Edited by vanguard72, 03 November 2013 - 08:20 PM.

It's worth noting that while I stopped for a moment during an LSC glitching spree,  I received a message and a gift of $1000 for my continued good behavior,  I'm sure it said something like 'keep up the good work'.

So,  there you have it,  the game told me I'm doing ok,  and I'm entitled to accept this as an official endorsement of my good behavior.  If I get my bank reset,  I believe I'd be justified in claiming it led to the misunderstanding,  and damn, I had this car I just couldn't get rid of, I kept trying to sell the stupid thing over and over until it finally worked, then oddly enough I found all this money in my account. 

Still, no harm done R*,  I forgive you, but I'll keep the cash as compensation. 

hungpaul22
  • hungpaul22

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:27 PM

\

I don't think they're annoying. If anything, they're underpowered. If you're looking to inflict damage on another player, you're much better off sending mercenaries or a mugger after them. A $9000 bounty won't really attract that many people, at least in my experiences.

I pretty much only get bounties from stealing NPC cars, anyways, and even then, it's pretty much nothing. A few low levels(>40) coming after me, that's it. Everybody else has something better to do, I guess.

DarkTime0
  • DarkTime0

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:59 PM

Anyone who's a bad sport wanna do Criminal Record?

MysticJon
  • MysticJon

Legit Player

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:46 PM Edited by MysticJon, 03 November 2013 - 10:47 PM.

Sorry for the double post.

you are a pussy and I cant wait to greif u. I have never glitched, but all I do is right around in free mode trying to grief as many people as I can. Yes I kill them then I put a sticky bomb somewhere on the car that they can't see, run away and wait to see them driving away in the car on the map and when I do I blow up their car and kill them. It is the funnest part of the game. and yes I kill people that I just finished a co op mission with. anything I can do to annoy others were upset them or make their time playing less fun is a win for me. Don't you dare compare me to someone who uses glitching.

There you go everyone. That post pretty much sums up everything I had said.

philmceagles
  • philmceagles

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:54 PM

Anyone who's a bad sport wanna do Criminal Record?

A bad sport? I don't think so what did you do to earn bad sport

RemoveBadSport
  • RemoveBadSport

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:48 PM

Please add this to the first thread post/description:

https://www.change.o...m-in-gta-online

it's a petition to remove bad sport from GTA online, It already has over 3,000 Signatures, lets make it to the target which is 5,000, the BAD SPORT system sucks in a game which is surposed to be enjoyed by doing whatever the f*ck we want, surely having to pay the insurance for peoples cars we blow up should be enough punishment.

MysticJon
  • MysticJon

Legit Player

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:56 PM Edited by MysticJon, 03 November 2013 - 11:58 PM.

The concept of bad sport is a good one, some areas of it just need to be changed. Removing it completely would not be a good thing. You can do whatever you want in single player, but online need some guidelines.

• Miss Malevolent likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users