Photo

Bad Sport Discussion

1,725 replies to this topic
OA99
  • OA99

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:53 PM

Make sure you do Lester's missions and make sure it's Trevor and nobody else. He says pick anyone's missions. Don't. Pick Lester's

Danoded
  • Danoded

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:45 PM Edited by Danoded, 31 October 2013 - 05:45 PM.

InygM9y.jpg

• tommy_lins likes this

MysticJon
  • MysticJon

Legit Player

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:58 PM

Beach Bums DLC will be free. R* said so in a statement not long ago.

Oh and patching the money glitches does not interfere with anyone's income. There's a little thing, you may have heard of it, its called 'playing the game.' Works wonders for earning money. Oh and for earning RP too.

elmo87
  • elmo87

Hustler

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:01 PM

Beach Bums DLC will be free. R* said so in a statement not long ago.

Oh and patching the money glitches does not interfere with anyone's income. There's a little thing, you may have heard of it, its called 'playing the game.' Works wonders for earning money. Oh and for earning RP too.

u didn't read post

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:10 AM

Has nobody else realized the only reason rockstar is going to give a crap about the money glitch is bc it screws them out of you buying cash cards......huh imagine that
And this bs about an economy omfg it is a game so what if everybody has an adder n a heli ?
I can understand the prices on vehicles planes etc but the weapons prices weapon upgrades n vehicle upgrades are total bs ! Never hear of a 12,000 dollar extended clip for a ar-15 nor have I ever seen a $50,000 turbo or a $25,000 air horn
And they wonder y people exploit the glitches?
Wasn't aware the Los santos stock exchange was gonna crash I guess we'll start seeing all the ai in the game sleeping in the streets and lining up at the soup kitchen soon since the economy in the game is screwed

This post really made my day :lol:

LennonNL
  • LennonNL

English Rose

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:27 AM

yeah... I remember my Bad sport. 3 personal car chain reaction explosion from my grenade launcher.

Got 1 day 23 hrs first time......then I logged on after 24 hrs and of course I had only 24 hrs left.....played a little....then logged off.....logged back on...and BOOM im back up to 1 day 11 hrs or some sh*t..... Its a big mess in those lobbies LOL.

I just used the time to race and rank up.....I did not partake in any bad sport wars....that's just asking for more time.

Hahahahaha whether you meant it or not I found this hilarious!

Sounds like prison in the bad sport lobby :lol:

dt2
  • dt2

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:24 AM

InygM9y.jpg

ROTFLMAO

Maybe I'm tired, but that was some funny sh*t right there!

dallas612
  • dallas612

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:52 AM

I agree with the people who says that NOBODY GIVES A f*ck lol. Have a nice day. Glitch/don't glitch, who cares!

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:21 AM

I used to be 100% against glitching and my crew and I farmed missions but then they never banned any glitchers and they nerfed all the missions so they dont pay sh*t the second time around so i said f*ck it and started glitching.  I have no intention of spending any real money on this game and I dont want to play it for a year to buy the cool stuff.  It takes forever to make money when you only get 5-10K per average mission and there dont appear to be enough missions to make 25000 playing new ones every time.  apparently rockstar doesnt give a f*ck and everyone is doing it so you are at a serious disadvantage if you dont cause everyone is driving tanks and adders and using big guns, the low rank legit player has no chance against those people.  They should have people in servers be similar ranks or something, a lvl 10 guy against a lvl 150 guy isnt having much fun at all, lol!

Rented
  • Rented

San Andreas Rewind Lead Developer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:06 PM

Man I hope that they will remove the money that they made via glitching because I have been playing non-stop since it came out, have a fully modified Adder and tons of other amazing cars and I worked really hard for them so it's such a shame to see level 20s with Adders and to see a full lobby leave from the LS Customs.

stringer
  • stringer

Cash Money Millionaire

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:13 PM Edited by stringer, 01 November 2013 - 12:18 PM.

Punishing glitch exploiters wouldn't help them sell cash cards. 

People who get punished for glitch exploiting aren't very likely to thank the company for punishing them by buying cash cards, paying more money to get back what they already had, but what was snatched away from them.  

However, many people who glitched money were foolish, and didn't glitch very much money. These people might eventually run out of money in the future, after new DLC and new things to buy are released. They might both be glitche exploiters and also cash card customers. 

I know for my own part, if Rockstar punishes me for glitch exploiting, I won't buy cash cards or DLC from them in the future. If they don't punish me, I still won't buy cash cards, but I will buy DLC. 

It is hard to believe that I am the only person with this disposition. 

Since many people probably have this disposition, Rockstar stands to make more money by not punishing glitch exploiters than they do by punishing them. 

The best business decision for rockstar to make is to remain consistent with their past behavior, and refrain from punishing glitch exploiters. 

This analysis doesn't consider whether it is right or wrong to exploit glitches, or whether rockstar would be right or wrong in punishing them. It only shows that it would be in Rockstar's interest as a business not to punish them. 

Companies, especially publicly held companies like Rockstar, have a tendency and even perhaps an obligation to act in their self-interest as a profit-making business. 

If rockstar has this disposition, then it is not at all likely that they will punish glitch exploiters. And it is likely that they have this disposition, since they are a company, and further, a publicly held company. 

This was one of the analyses I used when I chose to exploit glitches to make more money than I suppose I'll be able to spend. This was part of the cost-benefit analysis that I used. 

Very interesting, but the point remains that your post all hinges on whether they see the constantly available microtransactions or the once in a while DLC as being more profitable. And that's before we even think about whether it is in their interests to let people essentially get away with stealing from them in the form of in game money, destroying their development lifecycle, costing them $$$s (ie unable to release microtransactions, new content due to fixing exploits (and dealing with exploiters) not to mention the cost in man hours and money to pay people to do this work), and generally being a pain in their assess, whether or not it costs them in the long run in terms of DLC customers. Not to mention, what precedents this sets for the type of behaviour they could expect on the inevtibale next gen release, and of course GTA future titles.

Even if your reasoning is correct (and the, at best speculative, assertion that glitchers definitely won't buy cashcards but definitely will buy DLC) I still wouldn't like to risk my character being reset on predicting what ROckstar value more.
I made no assertions about anyone but myself 'definitely' doing anything.

Rockstar might be acting morally if they punished glitch exploiters, for the reasons you mentioned, but that isn't what I'm talking about. They would not be acting in financial interest, on the most plausible ideas about how people will behave.

They, in all honet likelihood, stand to gain more by forgiving glitch exploiters than by punishing them.

To reiterate, not everyone who exploited glitches did it enough to be able to afford all the content rockstar will release in the future, and no amount of glitch exploiting is sufficient to get paid DLCs for free. I don't think anyone can deny these two claims.

Also, it is, in my opinion very unlikely that many people who glitch exploited and obtained expensive cars and things will be willing to pay real money to get them back if rockstar resets their characters. It is more likely, in my opinion, that people who are punished for glitch exploiting will be especially disinclined to buy cash cards. It is possible to doubt these claims, but implausible to deny them outright.

Also, I know in my own case, if I am punished by rockstar I won't buy cash cards or any future dlc. If I am not punished, I still won't buy cash cards, but I will buy dlc. It is difficult to believe I am the only person with this disposition.

Given my four claims about others, two statements about my own disposition and claim that I don't believe I am unique in having this disposition, it is hard to argue that punishing glitch exploiters would cause rockstar to make more money than forgiving them.

As to the risk, the arguments above were compelling to me, but not the only considerations in my own cost-benefit analysis.

Another line of reasoning I found compelling was this - if I exploited glitches before they were nerfed, I would be able to get enough money to buy all future content in the game without having to invest a lot of time doing things I thought were boring. It was boring to exploit the glitch, but it only took a small fraction of the time it would have taken to accumulate that much money in any other way. Perhaps 100 times less.

This alone wasn't enough, I also had to consider what would happen if I was punished. If I was punished, I would lose the five or so hours time in total I spent exploiting glitches. And, more importantly, this wouldn't end up putting me at any special disadvantage. If I was punished, I would simply go back to being at the same place as everyone else. Not much time or effort would have been wasted.

To me, the time savings from glitch exploiting, and the long term reward it offered, was enough of by benefit to outweighs the cost, which was a relatively small amount of wasted time. If the odds of being punished were 50-50, this would still have been the right decision, since the potential reward was many, many times greater than the risk.

As it happens, I think the odds of being punished are less than 50 percent.

Other considerations being equal, who, given a sound mind and rudimentary understanding of probability, would not wager five dollars to win five thousand dollars on a coin toss?

jbarb78
  • jbarb78

Ancient Gamer

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:00 PM

You make a compelling argument, but I counter the whole "disinclined to buy cash cards after being punished" bit with the fact that the sole reason people exploit the glitches, is because they were never inclined to buy the cash cards in the first place. Your options were clear from the beginning, earn the money outright or purchase it from R*. The fact that you circumvented both options is that you intend to do neither, therefore R* in reality shouldn't even consider you a potential customer anyway.

tommy_lins
  • tommy_lins

I Glitch Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:18 PM

the sole reason people exploit the glitches, is because they were never inclined to buy the cash cards in the first place.

exactly....that's why rockstar does not give a sh*t about most of the glitchers. Why care about punishing them when most the glitchers were never gonna buy cards to begin with...it does not disrupt the potential for mega sales...which means that there are players still waiting to buy them after the patch.

Very small % of current  glitchers were going to buy the cards if they never found the exploits....so that's the real small percentage of rocksstars cash card sale loss. ....that's why rockstar is not going to go on any witch hunt wasting manpower.

walsh3017
  • walsh3017

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:57 PM

PURE FRUSTRATION...

I logged on yesterday and close by was a bounty near the survival i always play 'sandy shores', So as i approach i see he is sitting tight so i go close and lob a grenade at him, bam hit the target

I claim a $9,000 rewards... Oh but wait i suddenly have a stupid hat on my head..

Yes thats right on the game for 30 seconds and it just happens he was hiding behind his car so im now a 'bad sport' and banned for 24hours...

This surely needs to be changed, Accidents happen and at the end of the day if you are killing another online player why would it be a bad thing to smash up his car too??? Accident or deliberate.

I now have not played for 24 hours as your limited to play what you want with your mates!!!

REALLY annoyed me and what a stupid addition.

jerrodh7244
  • jerrodh7244

The Big Boss

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:20 PM

I just hope you can actually make decent money from heists. Like I better be able to do a few missions, get 50 job points to do a heist (not like 200). Do a heist and make $100,000-$250,000. 

Long as I can do that I'll be a happy camper. Well I would be happier if they didn't halve the missions. Kind of bullsh*t, most the missions are not worth replaying because of the cost of supplies/etc. 

alexkfr
  • alexkfr

Niko Belic

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:48 PM

not all glitches are cheats (map glitches per example), but the LSC glitch is cheating because it gives you an advantage over legit players (races per example are much easier is you have a custom adder with the 1 engine and transmission.)

A glitch is a cheat if it gives you an ab-normal advantage.

tommy_lins
  • tommy_lins

I Glitch Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:16 PM Edited by tommy_lins, 01 November 2013 - 03:18 PM.

A glitch is a cheat if it gives you an ab-normal advantage.

ok...understood.

now that we have that established.

whats next?

jbarb78
  • jbarb78

Ancient Gamer

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:32 PM

Lol. Yeah, the argument is getting old, let's just agree to disagree and move on.

ucntkillwhatsdead
  • ucntkillwhatsdead

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:15 PM Edited by ucntkillwhatsdead, 01 November 2013 - 04:16 PM.

You can still glitch cars, but if you suck at driving, you won't get much out of it expect a nice garage. You still won't unlock things, and if you don't like to have people racing with their own car, turn off the option!!

I don't know why some people think is better to moan than to change a simple option

MysticJon
  • MysticJon

Legit Player

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:18 PM Edited by MysticJon, 01 November 2013 - 04:24 PM.

the sole reason people exploit the glitches, is because they were never inclined to buy the cash cards in the first place.

exactly....that's why rockstar does not give a sh*t about most of the glitchers. Why care about punishing them when most the glitchers were never gonna buy cards to begin with...it does not disrupt the potential for mega sales...which means that there are players still waiting to buy them after the patch.

Very small % of current  glitchers were going to buy the cards if they never found the exploits....so that's the real small percentage of rocksstars cash card sale loss. ....that's why rockstar is not going to go on any witch hunt wasting manpower.

To set an example for the future is why. When you think about it, the glitchers are actually the perfect example of who to ban. Even without the 'ban them because they cheated' reason, which is enough of a reason already, they most likely were never going to buy cash cards in the first place, so R* can ban them without taking much of a hit, if any, in future cash card sales. At the same time, they set an example for the future of their online gaming community. Not just the future of GTAO, but the future of any online games they release. Don't cheat, don't exploit the system, or else you will be punished. Period.

I'm not saying they'll do that, but it would make sense if they did.

PURE FRUSTRATION...

I logged on yesterday and close by was a bounty near the survival i always play 'sandy shores', So as i approach i see he is sitting tight so i go close and lob a grenade at him, bam hit the target

I claim a $9,000 rewards... Oh but wait i suddenly have a stupid hat on my head..

Yes thats right on the game for 30 seconds and it just happens he was hiding behind his car so im now a 'bad sport' and banned for 24hours...

This surely needs to be changed, Accidents happen and at the end of the day if you are killing another online player why would it be a bad thing to smash up his car too??? Accident or deliberate.

I now have not played for 24 hours as your limited to play what you want with your mates!!!

REALLY annoyed me and what a stupid addition.

The way bad sport works right now, R* is saying that your car is more important than you. I can drive around the map and shoot players for hours, spawn kill them, run them over, kill them when they come out of LSC, whatever and I get zero bad sport points. Oh, but blow up one guy's personal vehicle and I get a warning, even if its in self-defense. Apparently its not enough that I have to pay the insurance claim for him to replace his car.

Yea, makes a whole lot of sense...

vanguard72
  • vanguard72

GTAO

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:34 PM Edited by vanguard72, 01 November 2013 - 08:15 PM.

Interesting discussion this one.  I personally glitched some cash not to upset anyone but just to enjoy the environment more with planes and nice cars, I would definitely have bought the cash if the cards had been available, but I checked every day and was legit until 2 days ago when I finally got bored waiting for the cash cards. 

I don't have as much time as some of you to devote to the game as I have a job involving long hours, but I'll still buy cash when they fix the system.

I'm not expecting a stat/bank reset, I think they'd be skating on thin ice without specific evidence, like a video etc, and that isn't a sensible thing to do to potential cash customers.  More likely they'll make you WANT something again, in a big way. Expect to see new super cars valued at 5 million so that everybody with Adders will still want something newer and better, or be left behind. 

When the glitches are patched and there's new super cars to buy, many of us will still buy the cash, just because we don't have time to earn it in the game doesn't mean we are less important to R*.  We just chose to earn the money in real life instead. 

So what about the 100% legit players? Won't they be annoyed if the glitchers don't get reset? This is where the 'report player' function will change, I expect they'll upgrade it somehow to keep you happy, so that if you see something strange going on there are new ways for you to take action and R* will investigate and send warnings out.

I think there are plenty of cash customers like me out there, but they often don't bother to speak up, anyway got to go, I'm at work earning real money ;-)

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:03 PM

I don't understand why some people believe that Rockstar might view glitchers with $100 million in the game as a potential cash card customer. Obviously, no one who glitched that amount of money is going to buy a cash card, so I would love for someone to explain to me what Rockstar would be risking by either banning or resetting the glitchers? I see no downside for Rockstar and only an upside for the community, as it would even out the board and players wouldn't get griefed as much.

MysticJon
  • MysticJon

Legit Player

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:22 PM Edited by MysticJon, 01 November 2013 - 09:23 PM.

I don't understand why some people believe that Rockstar might view glitchers with $100 million in the game as a potential cash card customer. Obviously, no one who glitched that amount of money is going to buy a cash card, so I would love for someone to explain to me what Rockstar would be risking by either banning or resetting the glitchers? I see no downside for Rockstar and only an upside for the community, as it would even out the board and players wouldn't get griefed as much.

I can see if they do, I just don't agree with it. R* is above all else, a business and as a business they need to see $$$. They need to make a profit. In their eyes, it'd be better to not ban them so that maybe, just maybe, they will buy cash cards, instead of banning them so they have zero chance to buy cash cards. I can see it from that point of view, but as I said, I simply don't agree with it and feel that an example needs to be made of the glitchers. If R* does nothing then they send a message to everyone that they can do whatever they want and there are no negative consequences.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:37 PM

Make sure you do Lester's missions and make sure it's Trevor and nobody else. He says pick anyone's missions. Don't. Pick Lester's

Who has the patience to do this?  Sheesh, lol at least with the LSC glitch I could play PS Vita while I did it.

Jay_
  • Jay_

Trick

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:50 PM

Can someone link me to a working LSC glitch?

jbarb78
  • jbarb78

Ancient Gamer

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:08 AM

Can someone link me to a working LSC glitch?

This board cracks me up. I haven't been able to play all week, can't wait to see what the multi-millionaire's club is up to.

Nolifeloser
  • Nolifeloser

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 02:21 AM

If they do ban people they need to get on with it. Several reasons why 1. If it's just a gta ban or character reset I need to trade in my game before it's worthless(if it is I will try to find somebody at gamestop about to buy it and give it to them, just how I f'n roll). 2. If it's a xbox live ban my member ship expires in a week. I would hate to have to dispute charges with visa if I buy a year and shortly after get banned for actions I did well before renewal, again, just how I roll. No doubt I will get my money back. 3. If it's a console ban I would cancel my preorder on xb1 and get a ps4, regretting my xb1 decision more and more every day.

elmo87
  • elmo87

Hustler

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:00 AM

Blowing up personal cars in bad sport does not extend your time . No one is getting banned . Sowwy

stringer
  • stringer

Cash Money Millionaire

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:54 AM Edited by stringer, 02 November 2013 - 04:20 AM.

You make a compelling argument, but I counter the whole "disinclined to buy cash cards after being punished" bit with the fact that the sole reason people exploit the glitches, is because they were never inclined to buy the cash cards in the first place. Your options were clear from the beginning, earn the money outright or purchase it from R*. The fact that you circumvented both options is that you intend to do neither, therefore R* in reality shouldn't even consider you a potential customer anyway.

I concede it might be moral to punish these people. My only claim is that it isn't in Rockstar's self-interest to do so. 

Rockstar should consider everyone a potential customer, as long as there is a potential that the person will buy their products. 

Once again, many people who exploited glitches didn't do it enough to afford everything rockstar eventually releases. These people might eventually buy cash cards. This claim is very hard to deny. 

The choices people were faced with the past month aren't the ones you claim they are, either. 

People had the choice to grind for money, or exploit glitches for it. Buying cash cards wasn't an option.

"Ought" implies "can." You can't claim that people ought to have bought cash cards if they couldn't have bought them. 

In the future, when the options are different, it is plausible that people will make different choices. 

Someone who is given the choice to 'glitch or grind' must pick one or the other. Presumably, if he glitches, it is because he doesn't like grinding. 

When glitches are patched, and cash cards are made available, people will be faced with a different set of choices: "pay or grind."

Someone whose disposition is that he doesn't like grinding might pick "pay," on exactly the same disposition that lead him earlier to pick "glitch."

We can therefore deny the claim that anyone who glitched is not a potential future cash card customer.

Nolifeloser
  • Nolifeloser

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:12 AM

I for one glitches about 60 million and no way in hell would buy cash cards. As soon as I came to a disadvantage from cash cards the game would go back to gamestop and I wouldn't purchase another rockstar game with intentions to play online again they didn't even say there was going to be an option to pay your way ahead until after the game was released which is why I'm so damn happy hat the glitches were found I didn't buy a 500 system and then pay another 65 to have to spend more money to compete. This isn't a free cell phone game and the damn story mode sucked and was defenitly watered down.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users