Photo

Bad Sport Discussion

1,725 replies to this topic
Mr Fyn666
  • Mr Fyn666

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:32 PM

I don't think a ban is out of line personally, from Rockstar's standpoint you present them with the fact that you are not only unwilling to play by the rules, but you have no intention of actually purchasing supplemental offerings. That, and guaging by the responses just in this discussion, you sour the ones who will, which is bad for business. Same reason restaraunts chase off undesireables, because they take up space for paying customers.

If you think it's worth the risk of being prohibited from playing any other game online again to have a penthouse with 10 Cheetahs in the garage, by all means glitch your little brains out. Rockstar has obviously taken their stance on it, and warned you of the consequences, so when it happens the only place you'll find sympathy is in the dictionary between sh*t and syphilis.

Dude, U r talking about banning 70% of the community, who are probably going to stop playing anyway when battlefield 4 comes out on Xbox one . Its wouldn't be in r*'s best interest . They need the online population or the matching making will fall flat and have really long wait times . U will spend majority of your time in loading screens and lobbies due to low population . I don't think this game will have the longevity like gta IV did. Unless they keep it fresh with DLC.

^^^

Gamers will come and gamers will go, there will be an equilibrium. You also forget that xmas is around the corner and there are still millions of consumers out there that haven't bought GTA.yet (not saying millions more will buy it of course)

This is only me 2nd title in all the years of gaming that i have paid full price for so there is also the 2nd hand market yet to hit the lobbies

I still fully believe that we are all beta testers for the next gen consoles and no matter what issues we face right now, you can bet your last dollar that 95% of us that play now will buy, in fact queue up at midnight again, to get the next gen GTAo if and when that is released.

We cant help ourselves, we are gamers, we have limited memory lol

Lord Fredinho
  • Lord Fredinho

Legends of Red Dead

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:49 PM

Bad Sport is ridiculous. My internet is going through a dodgy phase and I disconnected from 1 or 2 games today. 

Now I'm a bad sport and every TDM has like 3 players in it...

CZuk
  • CZuk

No.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:47 PM Edited by CZuk, 30 October 2013 - 07:49 PM.

@All glitchers/cheaters

I have a full response from R* after reporting an individual for the LSC Glitch and now that i am confident that action will be taken i will send them more info

If this means I upset a few people then so be it

You have been warned

Hello Mr_Fyn,
Thank you for writing in and reporting this unscrupulous player. I have added them to the banhammer list, they should be taken care of soon.
If you see anyone else in GTA V multiplayer using invincibility hacks, score cheating or doing anything else suspicious, please provide information about the offending party
Platform (PS3 or Xbox 360)
Cheaters Gamertag / ID
Description of the violation
If possible, please include concrete evidence, such as a video or a screenshot
Thanks in advance for your cooperation in helping to keep GTA V Multiplayer on the up-and-up.
Best Regards,

Who the f*ck says "banhammer list"?
Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake
If your going to post something
Include the full story, not just a bunch of text
I'd like a full screen shot of this, sure edit out your email.
From what you've written after this post I can tell you're quite an intelligent guy, it seems to me you either want attention, or want to scare the glitchers.

Once again
Nobody says "banhammer list"

Edit:
I also doubt that support chick who receives tickets, (mostly kids crying about their characters lost) has authorisation to ban people.
Please, kindly, step the f*ck back.

Filthy McNasty
  • Filthy McNasty

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:58 PM Edited by Filthy McNasty, 30 October 2013 - 07:59 PM.

I wouldnt waste my time with BS, am not an attention seeker

Its official and it absolutely means you cheaters/glitchers/hackers are getting whats coming to you. The support request is legit, the reply is legit

You're right, sorry.  I should have elaborated a little.  This is the same message that R* has posted for the last few releases of GTA.  In GTA IV I was so sick of the god mode players I started sending their GT into R*.  All they can do is implement a temporary ban, max I've seen was about 48 hrs.  Filing a complaint with Xbox would sometimes work stating that they modified their console.  Their account would be frozen if enough people complained but they would just create another profile to get around it. 

I once got a temporary ban from xbox because my motto violated the TOC.  It said "I love to TBAG" and I received a 24 hr ban most likely because someone complained.  Probably after I TBAG'ed them repeatedly.      

Hate to say it, you'll spend more time worrying over trying to ban someone than any actual ban would be implemented.

Filthy McNasty
  • Filthy McNasty

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:04 PM

I think this goes back to HALO.  They used this term when it was time for judgment day.  Team killing, glitching, etc.   

CZuk
  • CZuk

No.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:09 PM

I think this goes back to HALO.  They used this term when it was time for judgment day.  Team killing, glitching, etc.
Meh, it just sounds so f*cking stupid, and I doubt a company like rockstar would say something like that....

madwullie
  • madwullie

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:15 PM

The rockstar email to report people is banhammer@

Mr Fyn666
  • Mr Fyn666

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:46 PM

@All glitchers/cheaters

I have a full response from R* after reporting an individual for the LSC Glitch and now that i am confident that action will be taken i will send them more info

You have been warned

Hello Mr_Fyn,
Thank you for writing in and reporting this unscrupulous player. I have added them to the banhammer list, they should be taken care of soon.
If you see anyone else in GTA V multiplayer using invincibility hacks, score cheating or doing anything else suspicious, please provide information about the offending party
Cheaters Gamertag / ID
Thanks in advance for your cooperation in helping to keep GTA V Multiplayer on the up-and-up.
Best Regards,

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake
From what you've written after this post I can tell you're quite an intelligent guy, it seems to me you either want attention, or want to scare the glitchers.

Once again

Edit:
I also doubt that support chick who receives tickets, (mostly kids crying about their characters lost) has authorisation to ban people.

You Sir are a 1st class tool

Look at all my posts and you will see that I am not the attention seeker you think, Yes I will post a screen shot as soon as I can work out why this forum wont let me copy and paste from word.

If any regs want to give me a steer i will happily post the entire conversation including my "snitching"

Lord of the Flies
  • Lord of the Flies

Some are more equal than others

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:50 PM

If anyone's interested in grinding away with me to unlock the tattoos that require 500 pistol kills and 500 headshots (done simultaneously), please add me as a friend. I'm on PS3 and my username is M3ND4C17Y.

Mr Fyn666
  • Mr Fyn666

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:51 PM

And for the record the reply that I have clearly pasted on here from the support request does not match up to the information I gave R*

But most of us already know that the majority of replies are automatically generated depending on certain words

Who wants to guide me as to how I can get the word document on here?

Danoded
  • Danoded

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:43 PM

CODE OF CONDUCT

The following rules, policies, and disclaimers shall govern and/or apply to your use of the Online Services.
You agree, by using the Online Services, that: (1) you will only use the Online Services for lawful purposes, in compliance with applicable laws, for your own personal, non-commercial use; (2) you will not restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Online Services (for example, by means of harassment, hacking or defacement); (3) you will not use the Online Services to create, upload, or post any material that is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, harassing, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of one’s privacy, in violation of any law, or is inconsistent with community standards; (4) you will not post, upload, or create any copyrighted material using the Online Services unless you own the copyright in and to such material; (5) you will not post, upload, or transmit any information or software that contains a virus, worm, timebomb, cancelbot, trojan horse or other harmful, disruptive, or deleterious component; (6) you will not post, upload, create, or transmit materials in violation of another party’s copyright or other intellectual property rights; (7) you will not cheat or utilize any unauthorized robot, spider, or other program in connection with the Online Services; and (8) you will not impersonate any other individual or entity in connection with your use of the Online Services. All determinations will be made by the Company in its sole discretion.

• blackxmamba likes this

Remmi420
  • Remmi420

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:25 PM

Has nobody else realized the only reason rockstar is going to give a crap about the money glitch is bc it screws them out of you buying cash cards......huh imagine that
And this bs about an economy omfg it is a game so what if everybody has an adder n a heli ?
I can understand the prices on vehicles planes etc but the weapons prices weapon upgrades n vehicle upgrades are total bs ! Never hear of a 12,000 dollar extended clip for a ar-15 nor have I ever seen a $50,000 turbo or a $25,000 air horn
And they wonder y people exploit the glitches?
Wasn't aware the Los santos stock exchange was gonna crash I guess we'll start seeing all the ai in the game sleeping in the streets and lining up at the soup kitchen soon since the economy in the game is screwed
  • PkUnzipper likes this

Lord Fredinho
  • Lord Fredinho

Legends of Red Dead

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:25 PM

This Bad Sport is bullsh*t...

Had like 1 day and a few hours remaining and now it's gone up to 2 days and something.

Rockstar does like to push me to the f*cking edge when it comes to Online. What retard comes up with these ideas, why not just ban the modders/cheats rather than sending f*cking legit people into never ending empty sessions for no reason.

jbarb78
  • jbarb78

Ancient Gamer

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:28 PM

And for the record the reply that I have clearly pasted on here from the support request does not match up to the information I gave R*

But most of us already know that the majority of replies are automatically generated depending on certain words

Who wants to guide me as to how I can get the word document on here?

Take a screen cap of it, upload that as a picture attachment, or upload it to a hosting service like Flikr or Photobucket and post the url.

jbarb78
  • jbarb78

Ancient Gamer

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:31 PM

Meh, it just sounds so f*cking stupid, and I doubt a company like rockstar would say something like that....

"Banhammer list" and "Drop the Banhammer on him" are common phrases among admins on support sites and forums like this one.  I was an admin for several years, they get used daily in the admin section, I have no doubt the admin section here has a thread labeled "Banhammer List". 

• Caligastia likes this

deathdealer
  • deathdealer

soon to be dead

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:40 AM

here's how I see it. during the first few weeks, people had their characters dissappear and progress wouldn't save right away. what does R* fix first? they half the payout for the missions in preparation of the dlc money. there are some missions that are too much trouble only to get a measly $1000 or $2000. f*ck that sh*t. as for heists, I imagine the highest payout they will give(on the first try before they are halfed!) will be $100,000. so, I do not condem the people using the lsc glitch one bit.

Gazolene
  • Gazolene

Villan

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:36 AM

Since most of my friends became badsports, i have found my self having to join missions and deliberatly blow up the other players cars so that i can join my friends in the bad sport lobby. Great system R*. Forcing me to do stupid stuff so i can play with my friends. Genius.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:54 AM

How many times do you have to, say, destroy personal vehicles to get a 'Bad Sport' title? I always get concerned when I accidentally blow up one and it warns you not to do it again. For example yesterday in an attempt to escape the cops I obliterated lol232's vehicle with me and him inside it by complete accident (though I must admit it was pretty funny and I don't mind paying insurance to him/anyone on my friends list)

Gazolene
  • Gazolene

Villan

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:57 AM

Well ive blown up about 10 and no bad sport for me yet so I'll have to target some more players lol.

vwnut13
  • vwnut13

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:07 AM

Just great. Blew up a crew members car in a mission because he parked it in a horrible spot.

Now I got "kicked from the session by other players" (after the payout screen) and I get stuck in a bad sport lobby.

I created a new PSN account because I'd rather start over with nothing and play with my crew than have to sit out for the next 4 days.

Blowing up crew member and friends cars shouldn't count against you, nor should getting "kicked by other players".

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:11 AM

I blew up around 4 or 5 in one session earlier and finally got the 'You're being a Bad Sport! Watch yourself or you will be punished.' or something along those lines. First time I've received that. Normally I don't take on players in a game but these two dudes blew me up for no reason while I was chilling, so I got my revenge, several times. 

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

• The Connection
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:17 AM

Got bad sport and just wondering how long do you stay a bad sport for? Is it one in game day or one real life day?

Mr Fyn666
  • Mr Fyn666

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:26 AM

@All glitchers/cheaters

You have been warned

Hello Mr_Fyn,
Cheaters Gamertag / ID
Best Regards,

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake

Once again

Edit:

You Sir are a 1st class tool

Look at all my posts and you will see that I am not the attention seeker you think, Yes I will post a screen shot as soon as I can work out why this forum wont let me copy and paste from word.

If any regs want to give me a steer i will happily post the entire conversation including my "snitching"

Ok just for this gentleman - Link to screenshot

www.dropbox.com/s/m0abyyut045b1zf/Screenshot%202013-10-31%2011.17.25.png

JohnTaper
  • JohnTaper

Buddy, I think you're slime.

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:21 PM

Well I made it to level 96 before finally being put in my first bad sport lobby. I'm pretty excited.

tommy_lins
  • tommy_lins

I Glitch Bitch

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:18 PM

yeah... I remember my Bad sport. 3 personal car chain reaction explosion from my grenade launcher.

Got 1 day 23 hrs first time......then I logged on after 24 hrs and of course I had only 24 hrs left.....played a little....then logged off.....logged back on...and BOOM im back up to 1 day 11 hrs or some sh*t..... Its a big mess in those lobbies LOL.

I just used the time to race and rank up.....I did not partake in any bad sport wars....that's just asking for more time.

elmo87
  • elmo87

Hustler

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:13 PM

You guys are so sad... Smh... R* are not banning folks until after Cash cards are available again.They are only going to ban modders and hackers not glitchers. By the time cash cards are back everything will be patched . So they do not have to worry about glitchers .they love glitchers because we show them what needs to be patch . We are just the first wave of ppl who will play this game . U have Christmas , pre own buyers etc...
It's hackers and modders who alter the game . Glitchers are just ppl who exploit r*'s mistakes , if they fix their mistakes , what can the glitchers do ?... Nothing! problem solved . It doesn't make since to ban glitcher's. Once they patch the glitches , glitchers have to play legit to earn cash . Plus r* can't console ban! Only Microsoft can . u ppl just don't get it . U 40 year olds think u know it all , u don't !!! Go take care of your kids , u r not current. This is not Nintendo .
  • Gazolene likes this

MysticJon
  • MysticJon

Legit Player

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:28 PM Edited by MysticJon, 31 October 2013 - 03:29 PM.

You guys are so sad... Smh... R* are not banning folks until after Cash cards are available again.They are only going to ban modders and hackers not glitchers. By the time cash cards are back everything will be patched . So they do not have to worry about glitchers .they love glitchers because we show them what needs to be patch . We are just the first wave of ppl who will play this game . U have Christmas , pre own buyers etc...
It's hackers and modders who alter the game . Glitchers are just ppl who exploit r*'s mistakes , if they fix their mistakes , what can the glitchers do ?... Nothing! problem solved . It doesn't make since to ban glitcher's. Once they patch the glitches , glitchers have to play legit to earn cash . Plus r* can't console ban! Only Microsoft can . u ppl just don't get it . U 40 year olds think u know it all , u don't !!! Go take care of your kids , u r not current. This is not Nintendo .

There's a big difference between showing them what needs to be patched and using the glitch over and over for your own benefit. If the glitchers were trying to help they wouldn't actually use the glitch beyond the first few times. They'd immediately tell R* about the glitch so they can fix it. But they don't do that. Yes the glitchers show R* what needs to be patched, but that's not their intention. They just want to actually use the glitch and as a result of them using it, R* finds out about the glitch and knows to fix it. Please do not try to make the glitchers sound righteous. They aren't glitching to help anyone but themselves. Although I do agree that R* will probably not ban glitchers. They will probably, in my opinion, just completely reset them so its as if they just started GTAO (no cash, level 1, no apartment, no cars, no weapons or clothing, etc).

Caligastia
  • Caligastia

Rat

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:38 PM

"Banhammer" is a commonly used term by both corporations, forums and gamers.  I have seen people citing this as fake for a few days now.  R* is using the term.  Please just check their support sites.  Trust me when I tell you, the bans are more that likely coming, and I would be surprised if they didn't come before the stimulus, so bike glitchers and system tamperer's please live it up, call in sick, play every hour of every day that you have left, because, again (more than likely), they are numbered, personally I think it sucks, but R* has money riding on people not cheating and glitching.  They are going to ban you.  I am sorry to see every one of you go, you will all be able to buy a new box and change your GT, but if you can't afford that, I am sorry for you.  I couldn't so I didn't cheat.  If any of you have doubts about the scope of the banning, you should check out Forza and MAss Effect multiplayer forums, its common practice to put down the "banhammer" and they happen en masse.  Personally I don't care if you glitch, you are not messing up my game at all, maybe even elevating it.  Good luck to all of you, and hopefully, not goodbye. 

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:53 PM

So on one side you have glitchers worried about being banned and on the other side you have people who didn't glitch out of fear demanding the glitchers be banned for validation. Nobody else would care this much. That about sums it up.

elmo87
  • elmo87

Hustler

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:12 PM Edited by elmo87, 31 October 2013 - 04:18 PM.

There's a big difference between showing them what needs to be patched and using the glitch over and over for your own benefit. If the glitchers were trying to help they wouldn't actually use the glitch beyond the first few times. They'd immediately tell R* about the glitch so they can fix it. But they don't do that. Yes the glitchers show R* what needs to be patched, but that's not their intention. They just want to actually use the glitch and as a result of them using it, R* finds out about the glitch and knows to fix it. Please do not try to make the glitchers sound righteous. They aren't glitching to help anyone but themselves. Although I do agree that R* will probably not ban glitchers. They will probably, in my opinion, just completely reset them so its as if they just started GTAO (no cash, level 1, no apartment, no cars, no weapons or clothing, etc).
No one said glitchers are trying to be helpful nor did I say their intentions are good. I only said we are like beta testers . I also didn't say a reset was out of the question. My argument is against the ppl who are saying r* is banning lsc glitchers . They are not getting banned . I can bet my gta character it.

A lot of you ppl are so caught up on the morality of the situation. R* don't give a f*ck about right or wrong , it's about profits ! They are not going to ban glitcher's because they think it's wrong and they are cheaters and they're all going to Hell . No! Not the case .

All r* have to do is just patch the glitches , dry up their income . Force them to earn legitimately. Release dlc with over price beach bum cars. Dry up their cash. To rearrange my garage costs me about 5 mil + . Full mods on a super car can run u 400-500k . If they release this dlc , everything I own cars , guns , cloths, etc ... Will become a thing of the past . I have to buy the new stuff if I want to keep up with everyone else. Not to mention they took away my income by patching the glitches. There are many ways for r* to dry up most glitchers cash . Most glitchers spent the majority of the money they made from Glitching.

R* will rather force glitchers to play legitimately , instead of banning them from the game completely. Cash resets are not out of the question, followed by patching all the glitches. Hackers and modders will get banned they are altering the game. Glitchers are not , they just exploit or take advantage of mistakes made by r*. This is not a right or wrong issue. It's about profits and what's best for r*s business . Administrative action will be stronger after cash cards are released I.e. cash, guns, apt., car resets .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users