Photo

Bad Sport Discussion

1,725 replies to this topic
Firme
  • Firme

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:28 AM

Hate the break the bubble of the straight edge glitch haters but the LSC glitch still works in a different way just fine

i can vouch for this on ps3

zujca
  • zujca

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:38 AM

With my calculations everyone was able to make about 7 mil legitly with car sales if he/she would be selling cars every 48 minutes for the past 30 days. This means that unless they look at the times of car sales, they can't ban anyone who has the profit for car sales under 7 mil and if they'd check when did it happen, it would take them more time...

p.s. I was considering that one would make 9K from a car sale.

WreckinBall
  • WreckinBall

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:40 AM

Does repeated bad sport ofFenses increase bad sport timer?

well I got my 3rd badass last night,now got 8 days,2,4,8,when this is done gonna be 16,but im at a point now where,is the bad sport lobby,really bad sport? Soon as I landed bk in,had a tank battle with a couple of people,where peoplecare playing gta the way its meant to,and BRINING THE RAIN!its getting so boring and full of bitches in clean lobbys,oh my presious bloddy car,arnt these the dark streets of LS,"if you f*ck with me I will destroy you" ect,ect.Then off to the races and at last high levels you can actually have a race with in your custom cars.then back to freeroam and oh look a group of people having a rare vehicle meet and funnily enough not blowin the crap out of each other, and what a surprise not 1 kick from anything because of my high level.GOOD SPORT is really getting like a copy of the f*ckin sims.

madwullie
  • madwullie

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:40 AM

With my calculations everyone was able to make about 7 mil legitly with car sales if he/she would be selling cars every 48 minutes for the past 30 days. This means that unless they look at the times of car sales, they can't ban anyone who has the profit for car sales under 7 mil and if they'd check when did it happen, it would take them more time...

All they need to do is look at individual car sales. If anyone has sold a car for more than 50k they've glitched. It's as simple as that.

Mr Fyn666
  • Mr Fyn666

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:04 AM

@All glitchers/cheaters

I have a full response from R* after reporting an individual for the LSC Glitch and now that i am confident that action will be taken i will send them more info

If this means I upset a few people then so be it

You have been warned

Hello Mr_Fyn,

Thank you for writing in and reporting this unscrupulous player. I have added them to the banhammer list, they should be taken care of soon.

If you see anyone else in GTA V multiplayer using invincibility hacks, score cheating or doing anything else suspicious, please provide information about the offending party

Platform (PS3 or Xbox 360)
Cheater’s Gamertag / ID
Description of the violation
If possible, please include concrete evidence, such as a video or a screenshot

Thanks in advance for your cooperation in helping to keep GTA V Multiplayer on the up-and-up.

Best Regards,

• Jerjef likes this

Filthy McNasty
  • Filthy McNasty

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:12 AM

@All glitchers/cheaters

I have a full response from R* after reporting an individual for the LSC Glitch and now that i am confident that action will be taken i will send them more info

You have been warned

Hello Mr_Fyn,

Thank you for writing in and reporting this unscrupulous player. I have added them to the banhammer list, they should be taken care of soon.

If you see anyone else in GTA V multiplayer using invincibility hacks, score cheating or doing anything else suspicious, please provide information about the offending party

Cheaters Gamertag / ID

Thanks in advance for your cooperation in helping to keep GTA V Multiplayer on the up-and-up.

Best Regards,

Troll. So funny I pooped my pants a little.
  • CZuk likes this

CZuk
  • CZuk

No.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:14 AM

@All glitchers/cheaters

You have been warned

Hello Mr_Fyn,
Cheater’s Gamertag / ID
Best Regards,

f*ck my friend says this is true
Guys step the f*ck back
  • Biohazard Abyss likes this

Danoded
  • Danoded

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:16 AM

@All glitchers/cheaters

You have been warned

Hello Mr_Fyn,

Cheater’s Gamertag / ID

Best Regards,

This post is complete bullsh*t nice try.

Mr Fyn666
  • Mr Fyn666

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:21 AM

I wouldnt waste my time with BS, am not an attention seeker

Its official and it absolutely means you cheaters/glitchers/hackers are getting whats coming to you. The support request is legit, the reply is legit

Danoded
  • Danoded

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:24 AM

Its official and it absolutely means you cheaters/glitchers/hackers are getting whats coming to you. The support request is legit, the reply is legit

I just checked and this is actually authentic which means I owe you an apology, but I have not done any exploits or glitches.

Mr Fyn666
  • Mr Fyn666

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:32 AM

I just checked and this is actually authentic which means I owe you an apology, but I have not done any exploits or glitches.

Fair enough, apologies to you for any offence caused

After all the trolls with fake messages i wanted to see for myself what kind of response i would get from R* and at least now i see a little light at the end of the tunnel although there have been hundreds of thousands that have exploited so it is probably a fruitless task

Danoded
  • Danoded

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:53 AM

After all the trolls with fake messages i wanted to see for myself what kind of response i would get from R* and at least now i see a little light at the end of the tunnel although there have been hundreds of thousands that have exploited so it is probably a fruitless task

So many people have done the glitch which means R* cannot possibly ban all those players

ElBarrioKing
  • ElBarrioKing

Pool Shark

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:23 PM

All they need to do is look at individual car sales. If anyone has sold a car for more than 50k they've glitched. It's as simple as that.

uhhh no

if you resale your personal vehicle after mods have been done, it is going to sell for over 50G (depending on the amount of modificatiosn done)

madwullie
  • madwullie

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:46 PM

uhhh no

if you resale your personal vehicle after mods have been done, it is going to sell for over 50G (depending on the amount of modificatiosn done)

OK I stand corrected, I thought you couldn't sell anything over the value of 50k

Mr Fyn666
  • Mr Fyn666

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:07 PM

I work in project management and have been involved in several large IT system upgrades and  can safely say that it is not that difficult for technology these days to identify anomalies

Example - Currently 3 years into a billing system update for a utility company with over 6 million accounts. When we need information on customer type, payment history, payment type, non payment, when last billed etc the developers run a series of programs which throw out exceptions for the whole customer base. This only takes about 30 mins max for each type of query we run

R* will have the capability to run a program that will take "Time in game"  "Total earnings" " Total cars sold" "Mission types against Mission payouts" etc and from there identify any user that exceeds the expected value

Nothing has happened yet because we are still in the beta test phase and so completing this now would not make sense until the majority of gaps have been plugged and the environment is a lot more stable

• Jerjef likes this

Jerjef
  • Jerjef

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:21 PM

I think the temporary punishments are a good idea as permanently banning someone is only taking away from your bottom line, but to be honest they should just fix the exploits completely and move on.  When a glitcher runs out of money, which will happen, they will have no choice but to earn more legitimately or move on to another game.

trickeh2k
  • trickeh2k

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:30 PM

Just reset the glitchers to lvl.1 and put them into bad sport for a month, problem solved.

jbarb78
  • jbarb78

Ancient Gamer

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:37 PM Edited by jbarb78, 30 October 2013 - 11:22 PM.

Where'd ya go?  Going full retard effect your typing skills?  What happened to all the big words and efforts to learn-ed me? 

Well played sir, while it's true, Aaron's Law does protect you from federal crime being that the offense does not involve the theft of $5k in value, it does not protect against civil penalties. And since there are many holes in the argument on both sides, it is still at the discretion of the judge who oversees the case. Read the precedent for your example, U.S. V Nosan, he was still subject to civil penalties. I agree, its not worth the time or effort to prosecute anyone individually on Rockstar's part, especially with the burden of proof being in their court, but that doesn't mean they can't make an example of someone, however petty it may appear. And yes, like I mentioned in my original comment, what you are doing constitutes a breach, and courts have upheld injunctions based on violations of the user agreement, read Sony v Hotz. All those guys who thought they were cool posting Youtube vids especially could be targetted, if Rockstar decides and can prove their bottom line and /or reputation have been tarnished. At the very least, anyone who is found to have exploited for gains in "virtual credit" can be rightfully banned permanently, read your PSN and Rockstar service agreements.

Again, I never said they'd successfully win, I said they can come after you. Put up an argument like that, you'll come out on top, but is it really worth the trouble for a virtual sports car and an online apartment? I don't know about you, but I have much better things to do with time.

MysticJon
  • MysticJon

Legit Player

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:05 PM Edited by MysticJon, 30 October 2013 - 04:06 PM.

So many people have done the glitch which means R* cannot possibly ban all those players

Sure they can. The glitchers are not contributing to the game. They aren't going to buy cash cards if they were seeking out money glitches. Banning them doesn't affect the sales of cash cards because the weren't going to buy them in the first place. Banning them would just reduce the number of people playing, but won't cost them much of anything in the way of profit. I say all glitchers should be banned completely from GTAO. But hey, I'm a realist. Just a reset to level one, all money gone, all cars gone, etc (basically reset them so its as if they just started in online) would be fine by me. They can work their way back up legitimately or stop playing. A win-win for those of us who did not cheat.

Well played sir, while it's true, Aaron's Law does protect you from federal crime being that the offense does not involve the theft of $5k in value, it does not protect against civil penalties. And since there are many holes in the argument on both sides, it is still at the discretion of the judge who oversees the case. Read the precedent for your example, U.S. V Nosan, he was still subject to civil penalties. I agree, its not worth the time or effort to prosecute anyone individually on Rockstar's part, especially with the burden of proof being in their court, but that doesn't mean they can't make an example of someone, however petty it may appear. And yes, like I mentioned in my original comment, what you are doing constitutes a breach, and courts have upheld injunctions based on violations of the user agreement, read Sony v Hotz. All those guys who thought they were cool posting Youtube vids especially could be targetted, if Rockstar decides and can prove their bottom line and /or reputation have been tarnished. At the very least, anyone who is found to have exploited for gains in "virtual credit" can be rightfully banned permanently, read your PSN and Rockstar service agreements.

Again, I never said they'd successfully win, I said they can come after you. Put up an argument like that, you'll come out on top, but is it really worth the trouble for a virtual sports car and an online apartment? I don't know about you, but I have much better things to do with time.

Well said.

elmo87
  • elmo87

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:25 PM

I think a ban is not in r* best interest like mentioned before in this thread . So just remove that word from your vocabulary. If r* did a cash reset to the ppl who glitched including myself, I wouldn't be upset . Especially if they patched all the glitches and made the game function better. Also if they added the bank heist .

jbarb78
  • jbarb78

Ancient Gamer

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:45 PM Edited by jbarb78, 30 October 2013 - 04:50 PM.

I don't think a ban is out of line personally, from Rockstar's standpoint you present them with the fact that you are not only unwilling to play by the rules, but you have no intention of actually purchasing supplemental offerings. That, and guaging by the responses just in this discussion, you sour the ones who will, which is bad for business. Same reason restaraunts chase off undesireables, because they take up space for paying customers.

If you think it's worth the risk of being prohibited from playing any other game online again to have a penthouse with 10 Cheetahs in the garage, by all means glitch your little brains out. Rockstar has obviously taken their stance on it, and warned you of the consequences, so when it happens the only place you'll find sympathy is in the dictionary between sh*t and syphilis.

BlackDART3824
  • BlackDART3824

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:47 PM

My opinion is that all glitchers and other a$$holes dont have to be reset on lvl.1 and put in game with normal GOOD SPORT players...my opinion is that they have to be put in new type of servers, servers for a$$holes...they can keep their lvl, cars, money and stuff but they can't get back in normal servers (good and bad sport are normal servers for me) they have to be punished this way...stuck on servers with other human rubish !!! BEST OPINION EVER B|

MysticJon
  • MysticJon

Legit Player

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:53 PM Edited by MysticJon, 30 October 2013 - 04:54 PM.

I think a ban is not in r* best interest like mentioned before in this thread . So just remove that word from your vocabulary. If r* did a cash reset to the ppl who glitched including myself, I wouldn't be upset . Especially if they patched all the glitches and made the game function better. Also if they added the bank heist .

How is a ban not in R*'s best interests exactly? These people exploited an innocent mistake in programming within the game. They show no interest in playing by the rules and also show no interest in further funding this game through purchasing future DLC or cash cards. Who's to say they won't keep trying to glitch in new ways once the current glitches are patched?

And a cash reset isn't enough anyway because they've already spent all of their glitch money. You'd have to reset them so its as if they just started GTAO (no money, level one, no apartment, no weapons, no garage or cars, etc) and at that point you might as well just ban them anyway.

jbarb78
  • jbarb78

Ancient Gamer

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:20 PM Edited by jbarb78, 30 October 2013 - 11:23 PM.

Not really, if you set up a game with rules to play by and they staright up said "f*ck your rules, I do what I want", would you pay money for server space for them to play somewhere else? I sure wouldn't, you don't like the rules in my house, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

HiddenStreet
  • HiddenStreet

Super Villain

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:29 PM Edited by HiddenStreet, 30 October 2013 - 05:35 PM.

You guys are such cry babies. Personally, I'm not offended by people who glitched. So the hell what? They have vehicles, and a safe house... What else? They have no advantage over you in any other sense.

By the way, I've said this before... Since GTAO has no economy... Things like this shouldn't really bother anyone.

Is it unethical? Well that's certainly debatable because after all they're just taking advantage of something that they found... Plus, Rockstar made no public warning that glitches would be punished... (They could easily have included warnings in the load screen text for online...) but they didn't... Why? Because they most likely won't ban glitchers since far too many people are or have done it by now...

Literally every session I join, I see people going into LSC and leaving the session 15 seconds later which is an indication that they're glitching...

Mr Fyn666
  • Mr Fyn666

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:56 PM Edited by Mr Fyn666, 30 October 2013 - 05:58 PM.

You guys are such cry babies. Personally, I'm not offended by people who glitched. So the hell what? They have vehicles, and a safe house... What else? They have no advantage over you in any other sense.

By the way, I've said this before... Since GTAO has no economy... Things like this shouldn't really bother anyone.

Is it unethical? Well that's certainly debatable because after all they're just taking advantage of something that they found... Plus, Rockstar made no public warning that glitches would be punished... (They could easily have included warnings in the load screen text for online...) but they didn't... Why? Because they most likely won't ban glitchers since far too many people are or have done it by now...

Literally every session I join, I see people going into LSC and leaving the session 15 seconds later which is an indication that they're glitching...

^^^^

Cry babies? No need fella, we are having a healthy debate

Excellent point about the t&c's and if you actually read them there are several referances to hacking and cheating

Code of conduct

Point 2 refers to "not inhibiting others from using or enjoying the online services, hacking" etc and point 7 states "You will not cheat"

MysticJon
  • MysticJon

Legit Player

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:57 PM Edited by MysticJon, 30 October 2013 - 05:58 PM.

Common sense that its against the rules in any online game. Its also in the terms and conditions already anyway.

Hades::Dimios::
  • Hades::Dimios::

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:15 PM

Me having loads of money effects no one else. I have an apartment, 3 cars and a nice suit, not a f'ing army at my disposal. If im playing with a crew that are either not fazed by the "stacks" im carrying or have done the glitch themselves then there shouldn't be a problem.

Also, saying anyone who has done the glitch has conned Rockstar out of £x amount of money is utter stupidity. There is nothing whatsoever to say that people who have done the glitch would have purchased microtransaction cards so everything that has been taken is virtual  and will have no effect on their bank account.

No, this is willful ignorance. If you really think that then you have problems worse than being bad at video games. If you really had to pay for every bullet you shoot and every car you buy you might really consider spending $10 to get a helicopter, but not if you can just create huge amounts of money out of thin air.

elmo87
  • elmo87

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:15 PM

I don't think a ban is out of line personally, from Rockstar's standpoint you present them with the fact that you are not only unwilling to play by the rules, but you have no intention of actually purchasing supplemental offerings. That, and guaging by the responses just in this discussion, you sour the ones who will, which is bad for business. Same reason restaraunts chase off undesireables, because they take up space for paying customers.

If you think it's worth the risk of being prohibited from playing any other game online again to have a penthouse with 10 Cheetahs in the garage, by all means glitch your little brains out. Rockstar has obviously taken their stance on it, and warned you of the consequences, so when it happens the only place you'll find sympathy is in the dictionary between sh*t and syphilis.

Dude, U r talking about banning 70% of the community, who are probably going to stop playing anyway when battlefield 4 comes out on Xbox one . Its wouldn't be in r*'s best interest . They need the online population or the matching making will fall flat and have really long wait times . U will spend majority of your time in loading screens and lobbies due to low population . I don't think this game will have the longevity like gta IV did. Unless they keep it fresh with DLC.

Hades::Dimios::
  • Hades::Dimios::

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:18 PM

Dude, U r talking about banning 70% of the community, who are probably going to stop playing anyway when battlefield 4 comes out on Xbox one . Its wouldn't be in r*'s best interest . They need the online population or the matching making will fall flat and have really long wait times . U will spend majority of your time in loading screens and lobbies due to low population . I don't think this game will have the longevity like gta IV did. Unless they keep it fresh with DLC.

I wouldnt be suprised at all to find heists unlock the day BF4 comes out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users