» «
Photo

Bad Sport Discussion

1,725 replies to this topic
Pig__Destroyer
  • Pig__Destroyer

DRIFT THIS *****

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:06 AM Edited by Pig__Destroyer, 29 October 2013 - 06:07 AM.

People who play xbox glitching will probably get banned. Ps3 doesn't give a sh*t lmao

Hey people its just a game! stop worrying about what others do! You probably talk sh*t about the guy with a nice ride (in real life) cause your a hater!

stringer
  • stringer

Cash Money Millionaire

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:16 AM

Punishing glitch exploiters wouldn't help them sell cash cards. 

People who get punished for glitch exploiting aren't very likely to thank the company for punishing them by buying cash cards, paying more money to get back what they already had, but what was snatched away from them.  

However, many people who glitched money were foolish, and didn't glitch very much money. These people might eventually run out of money in the future, after new DLC and new things to buy are released. They might both be glitche exploiters and also cash card customers. 

I know for my own part, if Rockstar punishes me for glitch exploiting, I won't buy cash cards or DLC from them in the future. If they don't punish me, I still won't buy cash cards, but I will buy DLC. 

It is hard to believe that I am the only person with this disposition. 

Since many people probably have this disposition, Rockstar stands to make more money by not punishing glitch exploiters than they do by punishing them. 

The best business decision for rockstar to make is to remain consistent with their past behavior, and refrain from punishing glitch exploiters. 

This analysis doesn't consider whether it is right or wrong to exploit glitches, or whether rockstar would be right or wrong in punishing them. It only shows that it would be in Rockstar's interest as a business not to punish them. 

Companies, especially publicly held companies like Rockstar, have a tendency and even perhaps an obligation to act in their self-interest as a profit-making business. 

If rockstar has this disposition, then it is not at all likely that they will punish glitch exploiters. And it is likely that they have this disposition, since they are a company, and further, a publicly held company. 

This was one of the analyses I used when I chose to exploit glitches to make more money than I suppose I'll be able to spend. This was part of the cost-benefit analysis that I used. 

• elmo87 and l_B33LZ_l like this

Mr. Reaper.
  • Mr. Reaper.

THR-MC ✠ PREZ

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:23 AM

Seeking a Bad Sport on PS3.
Level just enough to spawn a Cargobob.

madwullie
  • madwullie

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:13 AM Edited by madwullie, 29 October 2013 - 08:16 AM.

Punishing glitch exploiters wouldn't help them sell cash cards. 

People who get punished for glitch exploiting aren't very likely to thank the company for punishing them by buying cash cards, paying more money to get back what they already had, but what was snatched away from them.  

However, many people who glitched money were foolish, and didn't glitch very much money. These people might eventually run out of money in the future, after new DLC and new things to buy are released. They might both be glitche exploiters and also cash card customers. 

I know for my own part, if Rockstar punishes me for glitch exploiting, I won't buy cash cards or DLC from them in the future. If they don't punish me, I still won't buy cash cards, but I will buy DLC. 

It is hard to believe that I am the only person with this disposition. 

Since many people probably have this disposition, Rockstar stands to make more money by not punishing glitch exploiters than they do by punishing them. 

The best business decision for rockstar to make is to remain consistent with their past behavior, and refrain from punishing glitch exploiters. 

This analysis doesn't consider whether it is right or wrong to exploit glitches, or whether rockstar would be right or wrong in punishing them. It only shows that it would be in Rockstar's interest as a business not to punish them. 

Companies, especially publicly held companies like Rockstar, have a tendency and even perhaps an obligation to act in their self-interest as a profit-making business. 

If rockstar has this disposition, then it is not at all likely that they will punish glitch exploiters. And it is likely that they have this disposition, since they are a company, and further, a publicly held company. 

This was one of the analyses I used when I chose to exploit glitches to make more money than I suppose I'll be able to spend. This was part of the cost-benefit analysis that I used. 

Very interesting, but the point remains that your post all hinges on whether they see the constantly available microtransactions or the once in a while DLC as being more profitable. And that's before we even think about whether it is in their interests to let people essentially get away with stealing from them in the form of in game money, destroying their development lifecycle, costing them $$$s (ie unable to release microtransactions, new content due to fixing exploits (and dealing with exploiters) not to mention the cost in man hours and money to pay people to do this work), and generally being a pain in their assess, whether or not it costs them in the long run in terms of DLC customers. Not to mention, what precedents this sets for the type of behaviour they could expect on the inevtibale next gen release, and of course GTA future titles.

Even if your reasoning is correct (and the, at best speculative, assertion that glitchers definitely won't buy cashcards but definitely will buy DLC) I still wouldn't like to risk my character being reset on predicting what ROckstar value more.

Danoded
  • Danoded

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:26 AM

From what I've heard no one has been banned on playstation.

Jumpaax
  • Jumpaax

Leader of the LS Investigation crew

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:59 AM

Does the 'new' LSC glitch still work in bad Sport lobbies on Xbox? The awapping character method. I've lost 2 cars just tonight xD.

FrenchTom
  • FrenchTom

Ha! Gangsta sh*t!

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:18 AM

Most expensive car for glitch? 

Fully modded Oracle, 100k +

SKaREO
  • SKaREO

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:12 AM

I'm sick of Rockstar labeling me a moron in bad sport pool for owning noobs in their sh*tty online game. So now I want to glitch and ruin this game with everyone else. I was legit up until level 80, 100%. I'm done with that sh*t now. I'm going to hack/glitch/break the sh*t out of this game now. After I've had my fun, it's off to GameStop to trade this P.O.S. in for COD Ghosts.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:13 AM

I'm sick of Rockstar labeling me a moron in bad sport pool for owning noobs in their sh*tty online game. So now I want to glitch and ruin this game with everyone else. I was legit up until level 80, 100%. I'm done with that sh*t now. I'm going to hack/glitch/break the sh*t out of this game now. After I've had my fun, it's off to GameStop to trade this P.O.S. in for COD Ghosts.

RRnhhqW.gif

• Andy_lattermen likes this

SKaREO
  • SKaREO

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:18 AM Edited by SKaREO, 29 October 2013 - 11:18 AM.

RRnhhqW.gif

Yeah, it's a game where you PVP without auto-aim. And you don't have to wear a f*cking Dunce Cap for getting killstreaks either. GTA Online? Or Hello Kitty Online?

MuhFugga
  • MuhFugga

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:19 AM

Does repeated bad sport ofFenses increase bad sport timer?

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:19 AM

Stop being a douche or use a OP Pistol and you won't be bad sport.

Jerjef
  • Jerjef

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:29 PM

When did they label you a moron?  Just cause they make you wear a dunce cap doesn't mean you're a moron, it has multiple meanings.  It can also mean that you're unwilling or unable to abide by the rules they set forth so they put a dunce cap on you to make fun of you.  If that hurts your feelings than you aren't meant to play GTA anyway.  

I will agree that the whole car thing is broken and there are many ways for douches to glitch the system and make you the bad sport ie. ramming tanks, sticky bomb on your own car, etc. and that needs to be fixed.  

To be frank, the whole concept of an online version of GTA will never work.  The thought of a persistent online world being a criminal sounds fun, until you realize that it is a world with no consequences because it is not real.  In the real world, you have only one life to live and face consequences for your actions in many levels of severity including death, so the few that want to live this life do so at their own risk and are very choosy about who they tangle with.  In this, what's the deterrent from running around randomly shooting everyone over and over, not getting along with anyone, running over everyone on site, etc.  There's no incentive to cooperate with anyone.

Which leads me to my next point, a lot of people are saying that this is a game about being a criminal and stealing, and dealing drugs and this type of activity is expected from players.  Well there's another part of GTA that you are neglecting to mention and that is that you are punished for your bad behaviour.  Do something bad and the cops will shoot your a$$.  It's been that way since the first GTA and these actions taken by R* are an extension of that.  Don't knowingly break the rules and then whine and cry when R* punishes you for it.  You can view the bad sport servers as your own personal Riker's Island.  Serve your time and you'll be allowed back into the general population. 

Remember the game is called "Grand Theft Auto", not "Mob Rule".

iddqdvie
  • iddqdvie

Oldschool Rebel

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:21 PM

this is no oldschool pixelshooter, so cheating is lame, it destroys the game for me. so i dont like it. and i dont like people that like to cheat. simple.

bad sports is broke, but a good idea.

pro_laps
  • pro_laps

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:44 PM Edited by pro_laps, 29 October 2013 - 04:08 PM.

People who play xbox glitching will probably get banned. Ps3 doesn't give a sh*t lmao

Hey people its just a game! stop worrying about what others do! You probably talk sh*t about the guy with a nice ride (in real life) cause your a hater!

Depends whether they stole it/the money to pay for it or bought it with money they earned legitimately..

• Jerjef likes this

SmokeyB34Rx
  • SmokeyB34Rx

The Revelator

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:00 PM

Does anyone know the details of how the Bad Sport system works? For example:

If me and some crew mates are in free roam and one of us gets trolled the crew rolls in to retaliate. Suppose trolls got friends. Trolls friends retaliate. Soon enough an impromptu battle royal ensues across the streets of LS. No death count. No finish line. Just mayhem until one side tucks their tail in between their legs and runs away. I think events like this are phenomenal! However, in the end multiple players can rack up a large number of kills in free roam in a short amount of time. Is there a system by which R* is aware that the participants were willing or do we all risk designation of BS?

• elmo87 likes this

Enzyde
  • Enzyde

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:43 PM

Message  Enzyde 

Or fatal Tjayy for any of the modded vechies 

for example

asea

snow version

space docker

micheals car

frankins car 

trevors car

tow truck

and any of the super cars 

Duping

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:02 PM

You're sick of being labeled a moron yet you end your post admitting you play Childs of Doody... Dafuq?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaahha..

Filthy McNasty
  • Filthy McNasty

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:56 PM

Ridiculous, to call this a "real life crime" is absolutely ridiculous.  Pirating the game is a crime but exploiting poor Q/A from R* (because they wanted to get this out before the new consoles) is not a crime under any law.  R* not refunding cash cards is a crime through.  Services not rendered.   

Glitching may be against R*'s terms of agreement but calling it a criminal offense makes you look stupid.

68a685255348097e81a4460393f7c18743fe72cb

Making comments like this makes YOU look stupid.  It's called "privilege escalation" moron, and it is in fact a prosecutable offense.  Hold on bro, big words here, it's defined as "the act of exploiting a bug, design flaw or configuration oversight in an operating system or software application to gain elevated access to resources that are normally protected from an application or user".  R*'s mistakes in getting the game up to your expectations does not excuse you from legal conduct dunsky, every time any of you glitch you knowingly violate not only the TOS for the game, but also the Playstation Network User Agreement, and both have legal grounds for recourse under United States breach of contract laws if they chose to pursue it.  Don't kid yourself thinking they can't come after you, they have and they can.  And next time you want to make comments on the legality of your actions, you better come with more than a broken 9th grade education.
Epic fail. There is absolutely no precedent to suggest such a claim. There is no taking in this exploit nor any malicious intent. Breaking a ToS is not a criminal offense within the official legal system. Again, epic fail.

Here is my legal precedent, where's yours?
http://www.wired.com...3/05/game-king/

I suggest following your example and not going full retard.

Where'd ya go?  Going full retard effect your typing skills?  What happened to all the big words and efforts to learn-ed me? 

1daymember
  • 1daymember

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:26 AM

Does the LSC car glitch still work? Or is it patched?

MysticJon
  • MysticJon

Legit Player

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:38 AM

...It's called "privilege escalation", and it is in fact a prosecutable offense.  Hold on bro, big words here, it's defined as "the act of exploiting a bug, design flaw or configuration oversight in an operating system or software application to gain elevated access to resources that are normally protected from an application or user".  R*'s mistakes in getting the game up to your expectations does not excuse you from legal conduct dunsky, every time any of you glitch you knowingly violate not only the TOS for the game, but also the Playstation Network User Agreement, and both have legal grounds for recourse under United States breach of contract laws if they chose to pursue it.  Don't kid yourself thinking they can't come after you, they have and they can.  And next time you want to make comments on the legality of your actions, you better come with more than a broken 9th grade education.

This. End of topic right here. Nothing more need be said about glitching or cheating in general.

tommy_lins
  • tommy_lins

I Glitch Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:56 AM Edited by tommy_lins, 30 October 2013 - 12:57 AM.

why not...ur just so much fun to talk to Mysticjon :yawn:  :yawn:  :yawn:

Filthy McNasty
  • Filthy McNasty

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:01 AM

...It's called "privilege escalation", and it is in fact a prosecutable offense.  Hold on bro, big words here, it's defined as "the act of exploiting a bug, design flaw or configuration oversight in an operating system or software application to gain elevated access to resources that are normally protected from an application or user".  R*'s mistakes in getting the game up to your expectations does not excuse you from legal conduct dunsky, every time any of you glitch you knowingly violate not only the TOS for the game, but also the Playstation Network User Agreement, and both have legal grounds for recourse under United States breach of contract laws if they chose to pursue it.  Don't kid yourself thinking they can't come after you, they have and they can.  And next time you want to make comments on the legality of your actions, you better come with more than a broken 9th grade education.

This. End of topic right here. Nothing more need be said about glitching or cheating in general.

Ummm, no.  Any legal proceedings would be laughed out of a court in a second.  See the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 where it criminalizes the violation of a site's "terms of service" in combination with obtain[ing] anything of at least $5,000 in value.  In this instance there is no taking especially 5K in value.  Also see the proposed amendment "Aaron's Law" (named after Aaron Swartz) which would limit the scope of the CFAA and exclude "crimes" that are nothing more than a breach of contract. Violations of the "terms of service" would be a breach, not a crime.

I swear, some people will believe anything someone post's on the internet.  Do your own research. 

• tommy_lins likes this

1daymember
  • 1daymember

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:00 AM

You guys are still jabbering on about action being taken against glitchers? No action can or will be taken! End of discussion. Now, I have a relevant question that needs answering..

Does the LSC car glitch still work? Or is it patched?

tommy_lins
  • tommy_lins

I Glitch Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:28 AM

works

MM_ObSCen3
  • MM_ObSCen3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:54 AM

@mysticjon glitching isn't part of the game and cloud fails wasn't.... I just stole back my levels from an exploit... I didn't made B$$$$$ out of it.... Just didn't played twice the time for the same thing.... And there no code of valor for gamers.. Its some freaking pixels... What kind of retard are you? Living in your grand'ma basement eating doritos, playing gta 5 as replacement for your life and trying to get some kind of social life on forums? Really, some pixels, who freaking care? I won't feel bad and about to commit scuicide because i used a fail (glitch, exploit, badly made first version) of a game that made sh*t tons of cash and lost what i made because they failed twice at the same time. Being a dick in games because you didn't play fair is a way to play the game, but those bad kids will quit, same for those that are stuck level 70 legit after 7 days playing, stuck in front of the game as a no life....

MysticJon
  • MysticJon

Legit Player

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:49 AM

Keep making excuses glitchers. Its good for a laugh after a long day at work.

Dr1zzit
  • Dr1zzit

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:01 AM

I think it's nonsense that destroying a players car is deemed bad sportsmanlike, if I'm defending myself from a vehicular attack the vehicle is going to be collateral damage, it's nonsense to be banned from regular gameplay for this. Many players use their vehicle as cover just to exploit this, it's nonsense and frustrating as hell, I won't play while banished to these rooms and if I can't defend myself from other players as I deem fit there really is no reason to keep playing at all, it's just nonsense.

ZihgZag
  • ZihgZag

J's and L's

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:16 AM

Ummm, no.  Any legal proceedings would be laughed out of a court in a second.  See the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 where it criminalizes the violation of a site's "terms of service" in combination with obtain[ing] anything of at least $5,000 in value.  In this instance there is no taking especially 5K in value.  Also see the proposed amendment "Aaron's Law" (named after Aaron Swartz) which would limit the scope of the CFAA and exclude "crimes" that are nothing more than a breach of contract. Violations of the "terms of service" would be a breach, not a crime.

I swear, some people will believe anything someone post's on the internet.  Do your own research. 

Owned

ZihgZag
  • ZihgZag

J's and L's

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:27 AM

Hate the break the bubble of the straight edge glitch haters but the LSC glitch still works in a different way just fine

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users