Photo

Bad Sport Discussion

1,725 replies to this topic
blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:24 PM

Hi guys found new farming method 12000$ each time and is repeatable mission. When in session hit start go online host job select mission named coveted really easy mission to do and you can farm it easily. Just to let you guys know it.

I played this mission and the heli wouldn't land. It just hovered in various spots for ten minutes. I couldn't shoot the pilot or anything. So did mine glitch? Because I never went back to it since I had no idea how to finish it.

TheLackey
  • TheLackey

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:58 PM

Has rockstar made any official statements as to what lands you on a bad sport server?  On the support page all I can find are posts from other players.  

Just curious if they've addressed this since 1.04.  

Thanks!!

I haven't saw anything but what I know is blowing up personal vehicles for sure. Possible when people are in the pause menu with the white flag above them and after a job if you kill someone that was on the job with you. I believe them are the only ways. If their is anyone to believe it would be me I just got 4 days in the bad sport pool. It sucks

Thanks for the info.  My friend got his first Bad Sport ban 2 days ago, last night at midnight he was finally released back into the Good Sport pool so we could all play together again.  

I agree with having a bad sport server to a point, but it def. needs to be fine tuned.  One of my best friends/crew members has been a pro at the chopper since the days of San Andreas, so he's constantly out collecting bounties.  He told us yesterday he started getting warnings that he was becoming a bad sport for killing bounties... that were clearly marked on the map! 

If they are going to penalize us for killing Non Bounty players, who are minding their own business that's one thign.  But to penalize people for doing mini missions, that's crazy!  Also if blowing up cars is a strike for the bad sport pool, they should be clearly marked on our map with an icon.  Maybe only showing on our map as we get closer to them.  

Just my .02.  

Still love the game, just wish I had more time to play it! 

• bigMARS likes this

eurynomestolas
  • eurynomestolas

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:47 PM

Has rockstar made any official statements as to what lands you on a bad sport server?  On the support page all I can find are posts from other players.  

Just curious if they've addressed this since 1.04.  

Thanks!!

I haven't saw anything but what I know is blowing up personal vehicles for sure. Possible when people are in the pause menu with the white flag above them and after a job if you kill someone that was on the job with you. I believe them are the only ways. If their is anyone to believe it would be me I just got 4 days in the bad sport pool. It sucks

Thanks for the info.  My friend got his first Bad Sport ban 2 days ago, last night at midnight he was finally released back into the Good Sport pool so we could all play together again.  

I agree with having a bad sport server to a point, but it def. needs to be fine tuned.  One of my best friends/crew members has been a pro at the chopper since the days of San Andreas, so he's constantly out collecting bounties.  He told us yesterday he started getting warnings that he was becoming a bad sport for killing bounties... that were clearly marked on the map! 

If they are going to penalize us for killing Non Bounty players, who are minding their own business that's one thign.  But to penalize people for doing mini missions, that's crazy!  Also if blowing up cars is a strike for the bad sport pool, they should be clearly marked on our map with an icon.  Maybe only showing on our map as we get closer to them.  

Just my .02.  

Still love the game, just wish I had more time to play it! 

I agree with you if they have a bounty their car and them become fair game especially if they are in their car.

j4n0sh6389
  • j4n0sh6389

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:18 PM

How many private cars u can destroy till i get in bad sport??

Dows the amount of cars destroyed refresh with a new session?

Thanks

KekeR
  • KekeR

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:24 PM

Hi guys found new farming method 12000$ each time and is repeatable mission. When in session hit start go online host job select mission named coveted really easy mission to do and you can farm it easily. Just to let you guys know it.

I played this mission and the heli wouldn't land. It just hovered in various spots for ten minutes. I couldn't shoot the pilot or anything. So did mine glitch? Because I never went back to it since I had no idea how to finish it.

Your mission glitched. I have done it multiple times but never saw it glitch like that. I always wait that heli to land and pilot come off, then i shoot the pilot and steal heli.

myname2917
  • myname2917

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:05 PM

It's amusing that some people have an issue with others making a lot of money via glitches that are Rockstar's fault for being there since they didn't fully play test. I like these people saying it isn't fair yet apparently anyone buying a cash card when they are active is a-ok.

This is also true for Rockstar and the alleged official statement they made on this, threatening bans and saying it puts the online economy out of balance....and cash cards don't? So according to Rockstar it is a-ok if someone drops 100 bucks to get a few million but not ok if someone spends a hour of their time getting the same amount of cash. Gotcha.

The double standard and apparent obliviousness of people to see it is quite funny.

I have not used any glitches yet I really couldn't care less if people do use them, especially with Rockstar going out of their way to make making money even harder now. Not only do I put the blame on Rockstar, i also don't see what difference it is to me if someone goes and makes millions of dollars and buys a bunch of vehicles and other crap that does not concern me. 

It's as though the complainers are just jealous even though they themselves can do the glitches.

At the end of the day Rockstar has screwed up with GTAO and people need to see that rather than just whining about others. 

madwullie
  • madwullie

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:29 PM

It's not a difficult concept. Rockstar factor the cards in to their calculations and they've decided that if anyone is to be ultra rich in their game and their economy the user should give rockstar real money to do so. Anyone who becomes ultra rich thru clutching is essentially stealing from the developer.

Its their rules and if you don't like it you should go and make your own billion dollar sandbox game and make the rules for that more to your liking

juls363
  • juls363

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:30 PM

Can't find the coveted mission all I see is coasted? And I am going through the start>online>jobs>host jobs>missions .....

KekeR
  • KekeR

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:57 PM

Can't find the coveted mission all I see is coasted? And I am going through the start>online>jobs>host jobs>missions .....

You will need rank 36 for it to show up there.

stankowalski
  • stankowalski

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:19 PM

The bad sport thing is a game breaker.  They should change it so that you can still do missions with friends.  Keeping friends apart because of this is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever seen implemented in a video game.  I can see maybe keeping "bad sports" in their own lobby but let them do missions with friends.  I've already had a couple of buddies quit the game because of this...and honestly I'm gettting close to quitting, especially since the new COD and Battlefield are coming out.

MM_ObSCen3
  • MM_ObSCen3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:02 PM

Its funny, killing bounties, paying insurances and being placed as a bad sports player... Does not makes senses.. Its ridiculous to think that its right... Okay, bad sports should be about people that hack... If you're killed many times, switch session or make it private!!

cwo-reynolds
  • cwo-reynolds

Thug

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:03 PM

how is exploiting a bunch of money illegitimate yet buying it from rockstar isn't

only difference is one uses time the other uses money

The cash cards cost real money.

How many of these glitchers would have bought any cash cards?
How many of these glitchers would have bought $100m+ worth of cash cards?

The fact of the matter is people can make 100s of millions of dollars glitching.  No one is going to buy 100s of millions of dollars worth of cash cards.

not the point, you can't say glitching money is ruining the game in whatever way when cash cards do the exact same.
besides it doesn't matter if you have 10 million or a 100 million
you're gonna have the most expensive car and house, which doesn't really affect any1 since you can't kill some1 with your fancy house.

Yeah, but if you have 100 million, you will never have to worry about how many times you get killed. I'm so tired of losing $2000 for every death when I'm just trying to have fun just like everyone else.

It's funny how Rockstar is helping to destroy the spirit of GTA that they've set up for so many years. I love the game, but it's flawed and if they don't fix it, many people won't stick around.

Plus, cash cards are a bit different since people have to pay for them. For a person who has $25 million, you'd have to pay real cash of $400. If someone wants to pay that, fine. But if they cheat to get it, with a glitch that is only available to a select few, then that's just unfair.

Exactly. You never run out of ammo Or personal vehicles

MackRotten
  • MackRotten

Original Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:59 PM

8 days bad sport, with the majority of them being self defense whilst I'm being chased, have a bounty etc. Sticky bombing/nading cars is the easiest way to DEFEND myself whilst on the move in a vehicle, whilst I'm under heavy fire, and I get punished for it. Because paying the insurance fees is not enough, obviously. I've always thought "Bad sports" in games were cheaters, hackers etc. People who manipulate the game to their needs, not f*cking people who make use of features implemented by the company themselves.

Now I have to play 8 days wearing a fa**oty hat, not being able to play with friends, empty mission/race/deathmatch lobbies, free-roams full of tanks etc. The fact that I pay for a game, and then get punished for doing things intended for is ridiculous. With all the missions for blowing vehicles up, it's one of those things that gets drummed into your mind as something to do, since the earliest GTA's. This is overly game-breaking and really ruining the experience for me personally. If it's so f*cking bad, why not just make cars immune to explosive devices? I can't shoot someone in passive mode, so don't let me blow up personal vehicles? It's like Rockstar are just trying to piss off their player base.

I'm now half-tempted to head into town tomorrow and trade in my copy of GTA V for store credit and get the new Assassins Creed, at least then I'll be able to play the game that I paid for, to its full potential, with my friends.

TheCarni
  • TheCarni

The player hater Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:30 AM

8 days bad sport, with the majority of them being self defense whilst I'm being chased, have a bounty etc. Sticky bombing/nading cars is the easiest way to DEFEND myself whilst on the move in a vehicle, whilst I'm under heavy fire, and I get punished for it. Because paying the insurance fees is not enough, obviously. I've always thought "Bad sports" in games were cheaters, hackers etc. People who manipulate the game to their needs, not f*cking people who make use of features implemented by the company themselves.

Now I have to play 8 days wearing a fa**oty hat, not being able to play with friends, empty mission/race/deathmatch lobbies, free-roams full of tanks etc. The fact that I pay for a game, and then get punished for doing things intended for is ridiculous. With all the missions for blowing vehicles up, it's one of those things that gets drummed into your mind as something to do, since the earliest GTA's. This is overly game-breaking and really ruining the experience for me personally. If it's so f*cking bad, why not just make cars immune to explosive devices? I can't shoot someone in passive mode, so don't let me blow up personal vehicles? It's like Rockstar are just trying to piss off their player base.

I'm now half-tempted to head into town tomorrow and trade in my copy of GTA V for store credit and get the new Assassins Creed, at least then I'll be able to play the game that I paid for, to its full potential, with my friends.

Already traded mine in for AC4, I will pick it back up at a gamestop in a few months when they update it 10 or so times, but with all the cry babies who cant show their cars off, then cry in the game and this forum just has me tired of it. It is GTA, not My Little Pony, there is meant to be death and destruction as well as people who cut corners to be the best quicker than others, get over it, rules are made to be broken and the people here did it well IMHO. It is a very fun game, but considering I beat SP and multi is basically a bare bones beta, full of 12 year old whiners, just makes the game unbearable.

When I traded mine in, they already had 50 copies used, and was going to start lowering the price they pay for it, since they had so many. AC4 is about pirates who get to be pirates, they don't have any "world rules" to follow to make the cry babies happy... Unlike GTA who have gangsters and killers who can run over an old lady, shoot her 25 times, then set her on fire and let that be fine, but blow up a car and you get to go to the corner, so the minors (who aren't supposed to be playing) can get upset and try to ruin the game for us who know how to play it.

CavScout00
  • CavScout00

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:54 AM

Just got a 3 day bad sport because my crew was trying to see how long we could survive on 5 stars.  I just got a good sport reward not even an hour earlier and my friend accidentally drove into my tank while it was standing still and boom, 3 day bad sport.  Invite only session too.

There's always a couple members of my crew in the dunce servers a week because of screwing around together in an invite session only.  It's becoming a pain to play together as a crew, goof off and have fun.

The only thing I can think of that triggered mine, is before my crew got got on I was joining random missions through the pause/start menu.  I got booted by people as soon as I joined the lobby where they were waiting for someone else or whatever.

Thank god BF4 comes out in less than a week.

GTA online is going to die quick fast and in a hurry.  Stale, repetitive missions and activities, buggy, BS policies, and its designed for an epic grind/pay additional price of a game to get anywhere.

I was really hoping something could replace the FPS online trend, but Rockstar failed in every aspect on this one.  Looks like everyone or a vast majority will be going back to BF & COD.

The Tenth
  • The Tenth

Time Lord

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:17 AM

Just got a 3 day bad sport because my crew was trying to see how long we could survive on 5 stars.  I just got a good sport reward not even an hour earlier and my friend accidentally drove into my tank while it was standing still and boom, 3 day bad sport.  Invite only session too.

There's always a couple members of my crew in the dunce servers a week because of screwing around together in an invite session only.  It's becoming a pain to play together as a crew, goof off and have fun.

The only thing I can think of that triggered mine, is before my crew got got on I was joining random missions through the pause/start menu.  I got booted by people as soon as I joined the lobby where they were waiting for someone else or whatever.

Thank god BF4 comes out in less than a week.

GTA online is going to die quick fast and in a hurry.  Stale, repetitive missions and activities, buggy, BS policies, and its designed for an epic grind/pay additional price of a game to get anywhere.

I was really hoping something could replace the FPS online trend, but Rockstar failed in every aspect on this one.  Looks like everyone or a vast majority will be going back to BF & COD.

Bullseye.

MysticJon
  • MysticJon

Legit Player

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:59 AM

I dont totally agree with OP, but I see where you are coming from.

There is an economy for GTA Online, even though there really arent any PtP transactions. 

If everyone is glitching to get unlimited money, than the whole point of a million dollar car, or paying for airstrikes loses its value. 

If someone sends an airstrike on you then they can obviously afford it. If they earned that cash honestly, it makes this player seem more powerful, and money is power, just like a real life economy. the player he kills will probably be more compelled to start grinding away to earn money and level up so he can be that powerful eventually. 

But if everyone has unlimited money because they cheated, there really is no sense of power, or value on these things. Its a matter of a button press.

This. This is exactly what I've been saying to people. This, and exploiting a glitch is cheating and R* has every right to punish you for it, regardless of if you think its ok for you to be using the exploit (hint hint, its not).

You worried you might get in trouble? Don't do glitches. You want to do the glitches? OK, but you lose the right to be upset if you're punished for it.

stringer
  • stringer

Cash Money Millionaire

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:17 AM

The game has no economy, since it has no commerce.

stringer
  • stringer

Cash Money Millionaire

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:20 AM

It's the bold risk taking that makes the glitch farmers better than the moaning dung. 

If we win, we win big. If we lose, at least we dared. 

I have no respect on a personal level for the dung who have polluted this forum with their spitefulness and their crybaby hysterics. 

They act out this way because they are ashamed of themselves, because they didn't have the courage to take bold risks. 

MysticJon
  • MysticJon

Legit Player

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:26 AM Edited by MysticJon, 24 October 2013 - 03:29 AM.

It's the bold risk taking that makes the glitch farmers better than the moaning dung. 

I have no respect on a personal level for the dung who have polluted this forum with their spitefulness and their crybaby hysterics. 

They act out this way because they are ashamed of themselves, because they didn't have the courage to take bold risks. 

The problem with that is it can easily be turned around. The glitchers act out because they are afraid of being punished for what they did, because they didn't have the courage to earn their way to the top, instead of just pushing some buttons in a certain order like some guy on a youtube video did. They just want to make excuses to justify what they're doing, because they know it's wrong. If they didn't, they wouldn't bother making excuses. They wouldn't bother defending themselves.

Thing is, I'd rather be dung that actually PLAYS the game than just press some buttons in a certain order for a few hours and have it all just like that.

stringer
  • stringer

Cash Money Millionaire

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:30 AM

You don't seem to understand what words like "courage" mean do you? 

It's good that you'd rather be dung. If you accept your condition, there is more dignity in it. 

elmo87
  • elmo87

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:59 AM

Everything already been said , don't u ppl read the thread first?

CavScout00
  • CavScout00

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:18 AM

The problem with that is it can easily be turned around. The glitchers act out because they are afraid of being punished for what they did, because they didn't have the courage to earn their way to the top, instead of just pushing some buttons in a certain order like some guy on a youtube video did. They just want to make excuses to justify what they're doing, because they know it's wrong. If they didn't, they wouldn't bother making excuses. They wouldn't bother defending themselves.

Thing is, I'd rather be dung that actually PLAYS the game than just press some buttons in a certain order for a few hours and have it all just like that.

You people crack me up.  Its a videogame, not the olympics, job, or anything important in your life, well maybe it is then your priorities are misplaced.  Who cares if 1 or half a million people glitched.  

I use to use cheat codes and a game genie back in the day, are you going to whine and troll about that?

If you want to use a glitch in a video game rock on, if you don't then who cares spare us your moral lectures on some how your better than everyone.

• elmo87 likes this

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:40 AM

Your mission glitched. I have done it multiple times but never saw it glitch like that. I always wait that heli to land and pilot come off, then i shoot the pilot and steal heli.

Yeah, I came back here to post an update. I tried it again last night and it worked perfectly. Which makes the first time funny. Because the guy didn't just hover in one spot ... he kept moving around a bit.

Not the worst glitch I've had, though. In The Los Santos Connection, no one was at the airport ... no enemies, no coke, and no vehicles to destroy. That was annoying.

MysticJon
  • MysticJon

Legit Player

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:23 AM Edited by MysticJon, 24 October 2013 - 06:26 AM.

...If you accept your condition, there is more dignity in it. 

Right back at the glitchers, except the vast majority of them don't. They whine and complain when people call them cheaters (which they are) and when there's any hint that R* will be punishing them for it (which they should).

I use to use cheat codes and a game genie back in the day, are you going to whine and troll about that?

Its one thing to do that kind of stuff offline (like all games were back in the day). Heck, I used to do the same, but its entirely different to do things like that in an online environment against other people.

JohnTaper
  • JohnTaper

Buddy, I think you're slime.

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:32 AM

I don't care about people doing the money glitching. What I do care about is people somehow being in passive mode driving up and shooting me. I fire back, but they are invincible. Their cars will not explode either. They can just drive around, even get out, chase you, kill you, and there is no fighting back. Can't kill them. I ran across 3 different people doing this tonight alone.

This is bad and has to be fixed immediately or I definitely won't be playing much longer..

filthymonkey
  • filthymonkey

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:17 AM

I keep reading posts with glitchers using the word jealous in regards to people who don't agree with cheating. Jealousy bah...we have all got YouTube and could have done it, myself I like to play games properly, how they are designed to be played.

I feel sorry for the cheats, spoilt the game for yourselves, while the real gamers wait for the hopefully big pay outs from heists and the rewarding feeling of pulling of the heist and then buying that long awaited something.

As for bad sports, well I can see why some people are not happy, I was on a mission in a closed crew room with my crew and while destroying an enemy car I also destroyed my crew mates car and hay presto got a warning, this seems a bit silly but hey ho. As for the rest of the bad sports just stop being a dick.

MM_ObSCen3
  • MM_ObSCen3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:18 AM

I love to cheat, but i won't annoy people with that.. And i wonmt be an attention whore in the game... I play casually with some advantages for my own and self entertainement....

eurynomestolas
  • eurynomestolas

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:34 AM

For all you people that say glitch ing is getting a sh*t ton of money NO! Glitch in his the fing guy flying in the jet that keeps glitch ing around the map can't be shot down hits the ground keeps going doesn't stop his blimp on the map is looking around in circles. That guy is glitching. I did the money glitch got about 5.5 mill it's all gone now big deal I have some nice cars big deal. I still have to earn my weapons and my levels.

stringer
  • stringer

Cash Money Millionaire

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:47 AM

I keep reading posts with glitchers using the word jealous in regards to people who don't agree with cheating. Jealousy bah...we have all got YouTube and could have done it, myself I like to play games properly, how they are designed to be played.
I feel sorry for the cheats, spoilt the game for yourselves, while the real gamers wait for the hopefully big pay outs from heists and the rewarding feeling of pulling of the heist and then buying that long awaited something.
As for bad sports, well I can see why some people are not happy, I was on a mission in a closed crew room with my crew and while destroying an enemy car I also destroyed my crew mates car and hay presto got a warning, this seems a bit silly but hey ho. As for the rest of the bad sports just stop being a dick.

See, the dung burn inside with TWO emotions.

Jealousy is one, but it's not the most important.

The most important is self loathing. They are ashamed that they were cowards and didn't have the spine or stomach to take the bold risk for the big reward.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users