Bad Sport Discussion

1,725 replies to this topic
Epi
  • Epi

might be a girl in rl

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:14 PM

Remove the players from the radar. :D

Have a high and low profile system. Low profile means that you're just minding your own business and are not on the radar (unless a player calls Lester and reveals your location). High profile means that you are shooting and killed a player or have a wanted level and you pop up on the radar of nearby players. The reason why we need a bad sport system is because Rockstar put all of us in a radar and made us accessible to every player. Free Roam should be just that, Free Roam, not a death match. If a player wants to kill other players then he should be in a deatch match mode, NOT in Free Roam. Free Roam should be a pleasant experience, with us showing off our progress and cool new toys, not a deatch match hell where you get gunned down by assholes who wait outside of your apartment.

High Profile - On radar to nearby players. The distance depends on your wanted level ( a range matching GTA4)

Low Profile - On radar only to players who used the Reveal Players perk.

If Rockstar removed or at least limited the visibility of players on the radar, GTAO would be way better.

I think this is a great idea... Side note calling Lester and ordering off radar for a min, is golden when pursuing high price bounties .

what a joke... ppl like you make it so that games get dulled down

you wanna free roam... go start a solo or invite only session or stop emoing

passive mode doesnt mean you cant be touched, it means your a goddamn pussy (i rather have servers for asshats like you, then badsports... ow wait there is SOLO SESSION)

its not like f*cking orgrimar or stormwind... the only savehave you have.... thats your home

and in the open world its a dog eat dog world, just like it should be , as it was in single player, as it is in real life.

you already give a list of sh*t you can do to get less noticed... use it... thats what its there for

you shouldnt be lovey dovie... you see a player... kill him before he decides to kill you... beter save then sorry.

cant handle them... get back up like a crew...or call merryweather...or lamar to send a mugger...or put a bounty on his head and let him be chased for a while... but nooo lets emo because you lack skill and think you can treat freemode like its not a map with other hostile persons.

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:17 PM

Ok so is that why my days went from 1d 8h to 2d 8h then back to 1d 8h?  Because people were commending/avoiding me?  I am afraid to go into a public session if there is a way for other people to extend your sentence.  I only have 1d left.  

You're going to have to help me on this one. I don't understand why the amount of time you've got left to serve should be an issue for you. If you're a bad sport, then aren't you getting exactly what you wanted? i.e. do random PvP with no holds barred in FM?  Or are you guys being held in some non FM lobby until the timer runs out?

natsamson
  • natsamson

PlayStation Gamer

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:18 PM Edited by natsamson, 20 October 2013 - 04:19 PM.

I need clarification, are Races replaying them over and over classed as cheating or an exploit, yes it is farming but do people actually get punished for this? many games let you farm including large MMO's

Epi
  • Epi

might be a girl in rl

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:28 PM Edited by Epi, 20 October 2013 - 04:35 PM.

there is a way cooler glitch in 1.04 then the cars/bikes one

just not sure how to reproduce it

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:14 PM Edited by PkUnzipper, 20 October 2013 - 05:16 PM.

How do you know if you're a bad sport and placed in their lobby? So far I've received a total of 5k for being a good sport.

It's pretty simple really because you just answered 50% of your question.  The other 50% is doing f*cktard things like f*cking with random ppl. Particularly stalking random ppl who haven't made any attempt to target/seek you out in FM. Some typical examples of anti-social behavior I've seen to date online:

*stalking/harrassing randoms who are in passive mode the moment they login to the session

*randomly killing ppl outside of missions, TDMs and GTA races

*quitting/leaving a mission early

*blowing up/sabotaging ppls cars

*blowing up/sabotaging ppls cars....while they're still in them

*running random good sport players (who're most likely to be in passive mode) over with your vehicle

*doing drive bys on unsuspecting players--especially when they're trying to enter a mission marker

*attacking players while they're shopping in stores, or using their cell phones to do stuff (especially if they're trying to bank their money)

*chucking grenades/sticky bombs inside stores while randoms are shopping there

*attacking players right outside a mission marker after a co-op mission before they can bank their money. Which really sucks if they were your team mates in the mission.

*deliberately stalking/killing & taking money from players who try to make money in legal PvE scenarios in FM (like robbing a convenience store, doing a gang war, running from police from killing/jacking a NPC ped or their vehicle etc.)  Apparently, the game seems to think killing players like these are a "bad sport" activity, unless these PvE players get a bounty on their heads for doing the PvE action.  etc.etc.

Whatever innovative criminal construct your mind can come up with OUTSIDE of R* sanctioned activities while in FM (aka TDMs, missions etc which are designated on the map).  Basically any action or activity you execute on unsuspecting players in FM, simply because you feel a sense of entitlement to be the GTA cyber god for that session you're in.  Which would basically entitle you to go postal in FM, and have a unilateral fun session playing with all that glitched military WMD hardware you've been stockpiling. :lol:

But if --as you've claimed--you've been getting good sport cash bonuses, then this isn't something you should have to worry about......  :lol:

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:21 PM

I need clarification, are Races replaying them over and over classed as cheating or an exploit, yes it is farming but do people actually get punished for this? many games let you farm including large MMO's

No they're not.  If that's the case, the there would be a lot of Invite Only and Solo players online who would end up bad sports.  :lol:  See Tabula Rasa's reposting of R* response to this (post #772 in this thread).

• natsamson likes this

TheCarni
  • TheCarni

The player hater Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:55 PM

Also they should have apartments all over the map not just in the city . This would spread ppl out .

I've been wondering about this also. Because in SP, there are foreclosure/for sale signs on residential properties all over the map. I thought that since we couldn't buy safehouses in SP, that these properties would be available online.  It would be great if they did this at some point, because they're some really nice ranches and farm houses with foreclosure signs out in Blaine county.  Great remote location to setup a base for crews or just getaway from the city.

In SP mode there is a side mission that has to deal with you destroying another realtors signs, I think that is why there are more for sale signs than there are properties that are actually for sale. I think they will allow us to buy houses, trailers, and even mansions soon enough, I just think it will be weird if 10 people had the same house. At least in the apts, even when we all own the same one, it seems like we all are still in different ones. Would be weird if we all are hanging out in the same backyard at a house, yet we each claim it is ours, lol.

hvcciookay
  • hvcciookay

• Members
  • Wallis-And-Futuna

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:25 PM

Have a high and low profile system. Low profile means that you're just minding your own business and are not on the radar (unless a player calls Lester and reveals your location). High profile means that you are shooting and killed a player or have a wanted level and you pop up on the radar of nearby players. The reason why we need a bad sport system is because Rockstar put all of us in a radar and made us accessible to every player. Free Roam should be just that, Free Roam, not a death match. If a player wants to kill other players then he should be in a deatch match mode, NOT in Free Roam. Free Roam should be a pleasant experience, with us showing off our progress and cool new toys, not a deatch match hell where you get gunned down by assholes who wait outside of your apartment.

High Profile - On radar to nearby players. The distance depends on your wanted level ( a range matching GTA4)

If Rockstar removed or at least limited the visibility of players on the radar, GTAO would be way better.

I think this is a great idea... Side note calling Lester and ordering off radar for a min, is golden when pursuing high price bounties .

kill him before he decides to kill you... beter save then sorry.

But not every single person is an outright dick like you. People honk or do an action to let you know their cool and 80% percent of the time it works. I bet you just sticky every white dot for sh*ts and giggles don't you. Its people like you that make the playerbase paranoid to do any spontaneous activities.

GT Motion
  • GT Motion

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:43 PM

Ok so is that why my days went from 1d 8h to 2d 8h then back to 1d 8h?  Because people were commending/avoiding me?  I am afraid to go into a public session if there is a way for other people to extend your sentence.  I only have 1d left.  

You're going to have to help me on this one. I don't understand why the amount of time you've got left to serve should be an issue for you. If you're a bad sport, then aren't you getting exactly what you wanted? i.e. do random PvP with no holds barred in FM?  Or are you guys being held in some non FM lobby until the timer runs out?

What?  Why would this be what I want?  I blew up a few people's cars over the span of a couple days and got sent here for 2 days.  It is ridiculous.  Why would I want to be separated from my friends?  If they let me play with friends and didn't give me a stupid hat sure I wouldn't care, but the way they have it I don't want to be here.  Either way I think the cloud was just messing up that is why it showed an extra day.

Ryan_Codebreaker
  • Ryan_Codebreaker

VAN Society's Codebreaker

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:27 PM

The newer LSC glitch failed to work this time.....and not patched yet

Thejamman123
  • Thejamman123

LEAVE ROCKSTAR ALONE!!

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:57 PM

bad sport system sucks, blew up one car to stop to ass holes killing me and I get stuck in bad sport server for 2 days. :/

Saul G Man
  • Saul G Man

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:29 PM Edited by Saul G Man, 20 October 2013 - 10:29 PM.

The newer LSC glitch failed to work this time.....and not patched yet

Why would they patch it if it doesn't work?

giraffeboy
  • giraffeboy

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:42 PM

After reading this thread I briefly wished that I'd exploited, after hearing people complain that they "only" have 7 figure bank balances left, but then I looked down and saw that I had a pair of testicles and instantly regretted the thought

Lunytunes
  • Lunytunes

Dat Angry AZs Gerbil

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:03 AM

what a joke... ppl like you make it so that games get dulled down

you wanna free roam... go start a solo or invite only session or stop emoing

passive mode doesnt mean you cant be touched, it means your a goddamn pussy (i rather have servers for asshats like you, then badsports... ow wait there is SOLO SESSION)

its not like f*cking orgrimar or stormwind... the only savehave you have.... thats your home

and in the open world its a dog eat dog world, just like it should be , as it was in single player, as it is in real life.

you already give a list of sh*t you can do to get less noticed... use it... thats what its there for
you shouldnt be lovey dovie... you see a player... kill him before he decides to kill you... beter save then sorry.

cant handle them... get back up like a crew...or call merryweather...or lamar to send a mugger...or put a bounty on his head and let him be chased for a while... but nooo lets emo because you lack skill and think you can treat freemode like its not a map with other hostile persons.

People like me? People like me bombard every player in the room with a chopper and make people like you contradict what you just wrote. People like me hate handicaps handed by games (like auto aim, players in radar, etc). People like you need the game to hold your hand with stupid sh*t like that so that you can feel good about killing a player who doesn't expect to be killed. People like you camp outside of LSC or Apartments and kill players while they are unable to fire back. People like you started this EVERYBODY'S ON THE RADAR bullsh*t that has been popularized in this gen of gaming. People like you suck so bad that games took a turn from hard core (ex SOCOM, BF, SCCT, SSF, etc) to pussy easy mode where everybody in the world can get play well :D

Talking about people like me... People like me only need a virtual character and a weapon to be successful. People like you need radars, auto heal, auto aim, perks, loser perks, catch up, and any other lame ass addition that these games have added to please people who suck at gaming.
  • JordCorner and gnad1992 like this

AJ Lee
  • AJ Lee

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:08 AM

Every player on radar is the stupid thing in any game I've ever seen.

I remember a DM in the prison where the teams were basically circling each other and avoiding each other and there was like 3 kills lmao, wow.

cml41
  • cml41

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:28 AM

I think we should be able to see our crew/friends and Bad Sports. Bad Sports shouldnt be able to see anyone.
  • Lunytunes likes this

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Judgement Time

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:36 AM

A good way to solve this would be for legit players to start setting bounties outside of the game on the PSN accounts of users who are known glitchers. Then we could collectively annihilate them in free roam, kick them from all races and missions, and grief report them until they can no longer play the game unless they keep a low profile.

We just need to compile a list of the PSN accounts of the glitchers.

GT Motion
  • GT Motion

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:56 AM

My bad sport does not lift until later today, but I am playing with friends lol 

I escaped somehow I guess, I am in a public session with my dunce hat this is awesome.  People keep asking "why does he have a little hat?"  "where do I get the KKK hat?"  I told someone they have to go to the top of each mountain and fire their AK47 then a special mission will appear where you kill a bunch of KKK meth heads, and once you do that you unlock the hat.  Three people are currently on top of mountains.

Rockwheels
  • Rockwheels

ayy lmao

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:08 AM

My bad sport does not lift until later today, but I am playing with friends lol 

I escaped somehow I guess, I am in a public session with my dunce hat this is awesome.  People keep asking "why does he have a little hat?"  "where do I get the KKK hat?"  I told someone they have to go to the top of each mountain and fire their AK47 then a special mission will appear where you kill a bunch of KKK meth heads, and once you do that you unlock the hat.  Three people are currently on top of mountains.

I probably would've believed you if I didn't know it was for Bad Sport xD

AJ Lee
  • AJ Lee

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:48 AM

How much can you persist before getting bad sport? anyone works out the maths yet.

I blew up like 3 personal vehicles yesterday in buzzard, and 2 just now, I just got the "behave yourself or else" warning

JordCorner
  • JordCorner

Smoke Show

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:40 AM

How much can you persist before getting bad sport? anyone works out the maths yet.

I blew up like 3 personal vehicles yesterday in buzzard, and 2 just now, I just got the "behave yourself or else" warning

Also includes leaving games early. 

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:42 AM

Let everyone glitch except AJ Lee! :)

Chrome Adder
  • Chrome Adder

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:48 AM

No f*cks given as long as I have my chrome Adder.

AJ Lee
  • AJ Lee

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:28 AM

Omg but why! I deserve cool things too

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:33 AM

Because you're mean, haha.

AJ Lee
  • AJ Lee

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:36 AM

Because you're mean, haha.

I'm only mean to people in free roam! and they probably deserved it.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:40 AM

Mean people don't get nice things!

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:24 AM

I think we should be able to see our crew/friends and Bad Sports. Bad Sports shouldnt be able to see anyone.

now this has to be the best idea in the whole thread. :lol:

GullyB
  • GullyB

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:33 AM

I didn't know there were solo sessions. But I kinda like being greeted by a tank when I leave my apartment. I probably won't if I got blew up, tho.

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:25 AM

i think anyone who stands by rockstar after nerfing the missions to no more than $12,500 is falling directly into their greedy little trap. they want you to buy the cash cards. it is that damn simple.

rockstar and any mod here: I was a legit player, until you did all of this and since the update my game constantly kicked me and froze... i never had that problem before.

you lost a good player, a legit helpful player. and i have no remorse. put me in said "cheater pool" (scare tactic) and I will surely, not give any f*cks.

I will however, be selling this game as soon as AC4 comes out. thank you for ruining my online experience to such a great game. single player was fun, and that is where it stops.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users