Bad Sport Discussion

1,725 replies to this topic
elmo87
  • elmo87

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:30 AM

Remove the players from the radar. :D

Have a high and low profile system. Low profile means that you're just minding your own business and are not on the radar (unless a player calls Lester and reveals your location). High profile means that you are shooting and killed a player or have a wanted level and you pop up on the radar of nearby players. The reason why we need a bad sport system is because Rockstar put all of us in a radar and made us accessible to every player. Free Roam should be just that, Free Roam, not a death match. If a player wants to kill other players then he should be in a deatch match mode, NOT in Free Roam. Free Roam should be a pleasant experience, with us showing off our progress and cool new toys, not a deatch match hell where you get gunned down by assholes who wait outside of your apartment.

High Profile - On radar to nearby players. The distance depends on your wanted level ( a range matching GTA4)

Low Profile - On radar only to players who used the Reveal Players perk.

If Rockstar removed or at least limited the visibility of players on the radar, GTAO would be way better.

I think this is a great idea... Side note calling Lester and ordering off radar for a min, is golden when pursuing high price bounties .
  • Legendstig likes this

TheCarni
  • TheCarni

The player hater Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:37 AM

Have a high and low profile system. Low profile means that you're just minding your own business and are not on the radar (unless a player calls Lester and reveals your location). High profile means that you are shooting and killed a player or have a wanted level and you pop up on the radar of nearby players. The reason why we need a bad sport system is because Rockstar put all of us in a radar and made us accessible to every player. Free Roam should be just that, Free Roam, not a death match. If a player wants to kill other players then he should be in a deatch match mode, NOT in Free Roam. Free Roam should be a pleasant experience, with us showing off our progress and cool new toys, not a deatch match hell where you get gunned down by assholes who wait outside of your apartment.

High Profile - On radar to nearby players. The distance depends on your wanted level ( a range matching GTA4)

If Rockstar removed or at least limited the visibility of players on the radar, GTAO would be way better.

I agree with the map thing 100% and think it is a good idea, however free roam is not to show off your toys and GTA is not a "pleasant" experience, it is not the Sims. It is to be enjoyed, yes, but free roam would be nice if had the map you described and I think that alone would alleviate 95% of the random killings at least, since people cant track you unless your causing trouble yourself. I would never use it but I think R* would benefit for a "peaceful free roam" mode for the casual gamer. Again though, the map idea is very good, I would love to see that implemented as long as you can still see your crew on the map at all times.

• PkUnzipper likes this

elmo87
  • elmo87

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:25 AM

Also they should have apartments all over the map not just in the city . This would spread ppl out .
  • PkUnzipper likes this

Dudebot12125
  • Dudebot12125

Professional Dunce

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:30 AM

Short and simple question. What is a "commend"? I've been getting messages all day asking for things like "Commend me plz" and "I'll commend if you commend". This only started once I was crowned Professional Dunce. Anyone know what a commend is and what it does? I appreciate it.

elmo87
  • elmo87

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:48 AM

Commend shortens your time in bad sport land . Press start/online/players/commend player

Dudebot12125
  • Dudebot12125

Professional Dunce

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:04 AM

Commend shortens your time in bad sport land . Press start/online/players/commend player

Thanks very much (: Is there a notification or is it just shortened?

elmo87
  • elmo87

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:13 AM

Thanks very much (: Is there a notification or is it just shortened?

Should be ...

G D
  • G D

Praise the sun, or die trying.

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:14 AM

What the highest level you guys have seen? I'm guessing no more than 150.
I have seen a freaking 1000 level player exactly called B-Ha. He's on playstation. Report him to support and move on people.

Spoiler

GT Motion
  • GT Motion

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:14 AM

Ok so is that why my days went from 1d 8h to 2d 8h then back to 1d 8h?  Because people were commending/avoiding me?  I am afraid to go into a public session if there is a way for other people to extend your sentence.  I only have 1d left.  

elmo87
  • elmo87

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:28 AM

Ok so is that why my days went from 1d 8h to 2d 8h then back to 1d 8h?  Because people were commending/avoiding me?  I am afraid to go into a public session if there is a way for other people to extend your sentence.  I only have 1d left.  

I spent most of my time in bad support in my apartment . Those ppl are crazy

Dudebot12125
  • Dudebot12125

Professional Dunce

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:33 AM

I spent most of my time in bad support in my apartment . Those ppl are crazy

Agreed :p Day 1: Went great, barely had any beef. Day 2: Hella crazy, got shot by a tank and blew up, then I respawned and got sniped and then I was run over by a third guy when I respawned. This all happened in the spawn of one minute lol

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:03 AM

Dude I spent 40 on cash cards in beginning. My money got reset after first patch , this is before I knew about glitches , I was pissed . I called r* took a screenshot of confirmation email, listed my gamer tag , and told them how much money I was out . They did nothing. I called them everyday for a week . I have a job too this is why I bought cash cards, I don't have time to grind in a game. So I glitched.

You do realize there is a finite possibility R* might end up NOT giving you the $500k stimulus as a penalty for doing this right?  Why couldn't you have waited until they got it all sorted out?  I mean come on bro. Why the impatience?  Were you on the verge of being deported from the country?  Or for some other rational reason where you wouldn't have access to online? :lol:

You do realize that people who did the glitch scoff at the 500k stimulus. They done made hundreds of millions of the glitch, I didn't do the glitch and think 500k is a measly sum of cash.

Are you mad bro? Seems others did what they wanted to do and your jealous a bit... Most of my friends did the glitch and I don't care one bit because I am still the better player when we do missions or almost any activity in GTA O, plus ill make them pay for the heist if it costs money. Their money doesn't help them level and they didn't have one intention to bend over for R* and buy fake money in a market that doesn't exist and that they cant control. I understand ignorance is bliss, but it is no excuse for your sharp tongue trying to insult people for being more crafty than you.

Am I right? I know I'm right.

Lo1. Yes the $500k stimulus is penny candy if you've glitched millions or even billions. But that was not the point FFS  :lol:

I'm perfectly content to wait until R* fixes the cash cards and then I'll be able to buy whatever it is I want to enjoy in the game.  It seems elmo87 was being somewhat defensive about having to justify why he felt compelled to cheat. i.e. this justified R* screwing him and other players who initially paid real cash for the game currency (which is a perfectly understandable although illegal).

My point: Two wrongs don't make a right.  elmo87 sounded sincere in wanting to play the game "the fair way" i.e buying your stuff with real currency. And yes, R* dropped the ball, so his reaction is a perfectly understandable one (albeit illogical in rationale).  But what's the rush?  Unless they had extenuating circumstances irl, their ability to play the game online wasn't going anywhere. So they'll ultimately get their customer service issues resolved when R* finally gets around to fixing them. 

Which probably needs to happen way sooner given the level of impatience in the fan base and what this guy ended up doing as a result.   :lol:  

After seeing the kinds of stuff that elmo87 posts on here about players and his lack of skill at playing GTA, I have a hard time believing that he bought cash cards. Plus, even if he did, he would have to be a complete moron not to know that he could dispute the charges with his bank. When he posts a picture of his receipt, I'll believe him.

Even so, he only lost $2.5 million. I would bet good money that he didn't stop glitching once he reached that amount. But, again, I really doubt he spent a penny on cash cards.

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:06 AM

All you f*cks who think you're smarter and better than everyone glitching, take your glasses off and look in the mirror.

I did. And I saw nothing but awesome. ;-)

• TheCarni likes this

elmo87
  • elmo87

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:19 AM Edited by elmo87, 20 October 2013 - 06:30 AM.

Dude I spent 40 on cash cards in beginning. My money got reset after first patch , this is before I knew about glitches , I was pissed . I called r* took a screenshot of confirmation email, listed my gamer tag , and told them how much money I was out . They did nothing. I called them everyday for a week . I have a job too this is why I bought cash cards, I don't have time to grind in a game. So I glitched.

You do realize there is a finite possibility R* might end up NOT giving you the $500k stimulus as a penalty for doing this right?  Why couldn't you have waited until they got it all sorted out?  I mean come on bro. Why the impatience?  Were you on the verge of being deported from the country?  Or for some other rational reason where you wouldn't have access to online? :lol:

You do realize that people who did the glitch scoff at the 500k stimulus. They done made hundreds of millions of the glitch, I didn't do the glitch and think 500k is a measly sum of cash.

Are you mad bro? Seems others did what they wanted to do and your jealous a bit... Most of my friends did the glitch and I don't care one bit because I am still the better player when we do missions or almost any activity in GTA O, plus ill make them pay for the heist if it costs money. Their money doesn't help them level and they didn't have one intention to bend over for R* and buy fake money in a market that doesn't exist and that they cant control. I understand ignorance is bliss, but it is no excuse for your sharp tongue trying to insult people for being more crafty than you.

Lo1. Yes the $500k stimulus is penny candy if you've glitched millions or even billions. But that was not the point FFS  :lol:

I'm perfectly content to wait until R* fixes the cash cards and then I'll be able to buy whatever it is I want to enjoy in the game.  It seems elmo87 was being somewhat defensive about having to justify why he felt compelled to cheat. i.e. this justified R* screwing him and other players who initially paid real cash for the game currency (which is a perfectly understandable although illegal).

My point: Two wrongs don't make a right.  elmo87 sounded sincere in wanting to play the game "the fair way" i.e buying your stuff with real currency. And yes, R* dropped the ball, so his reaction is a perfectly understandable one (albeit illogical in rationale).  But what's the rush?  Unless they had extenuating circumstances irl, their ability to play the game online wasn't going anywhere. So they'll ultimately get their customer service issues resolved when R* finally gets around to fixing them. 

Which probably needs to happen way sooner given the level of impatience in the fan base and what this guy ended up doing as a result.   :lol:  

After seeing the kinds of stuff that elmo87 posts on here about players and his lack of skill at playing GTA, I have a hard time believing that he bought cash cards. Plus, even if he did, he would have to be a complete moron not to know that he could dispute the charges with his bank. When he posts a picture of his receipt, I'll believe him.

Even so, he only lost $2.5 million. I would bet good money that he didn't stop glitching once he reached that amount. But, again, I really doubt he spent a penny on cash cards.
U damn right ! I kept going to about 30 mil. And I did dispute it . I had to take the problem up with xboxlive . I bought them with in the first three hours of launch . The same day they pulled them. Call me what u want idc . I don't grief ppl that much anyway only when I first got the tank . Look I say f*ck it why not . I wish I had time to grind but I don't . So I spent my money on a DLC. It's no different then me buying Microsoft points , or downloading the new map pack for halo 4. Or downloading games to my Xbox. Hell, I buy DLC all the time . I'm a tax payer I can buy what ever I want as long as I can afford it. This no different than me buying a flat screen TV or concert tickets, I'm investing into my entertainment. But frankly I don't give a f*ck how u feel about how I spend my money. You can go f*ck yourself if u ask me .

I can respect what pkunzipper said . It's their fault for releasing this bullsh*t . Most online games I play u can't glitch like this game . I smelt blood so I attacked. If I got ban (which won't happened) move on to another game battlefield 4 is coming out.
  • TheCarni likes this

cfrostyscriv
  • cfrostyscriv

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:57 AM Edited by cfrostyscriv, 20 October 2013 - 06:59 AM.

In the OP it was said that:

For this topic I will go a little further in detail as it seems to be a hot topic among these forums. Using this glitch IS against the rules. Here are the reasons why:

1. You are taking advantage of an error in the programming to benefit yourself and gain an advantage over other players. This gives you the following benefits in a situation where both players are the same level:
    • Can afford better cars
    • Can afford better mods for cars and guns
    • Can (in the future) invest more money in stocks
    • Afford helicopters and other vehicles to better complete missions.                                                                                                                                                                                                                        But is that not the case when you create a new character, you are a low level with the bank account that is shared, thus giving you more funds available over another player of the same level that has not done this. That arguement is floored.          

damian001
  • damian001

Vice City fanboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:42 AM

Will we f*cking stop arguing about glitching and actually discuss new methods??  

Ever since they cut pay in half, I wanna get in this sh*t!  :sly:

damian001
  • damian001

Vice City fanboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:54 AM

I wish I glitched now because I was simply fine doing 20k missions... I don't really play GTAO as much now for the last 3 days.

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:20 AM

I think this is a great idea... Side note calling Lester and ordering off radar for a min, is golden when pursuing high price bounties .

I love this option. Gives me a challenge. Guy did this in a Buzzard because I blew him up ... but he underestimated my heli skills (although the new controls are f*cking terrible). So when he came after me, I dodge twenty missiles, turn around, and blew his ass up.

Learn to fly better, mother f*cker! lol

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:26 AM

U damn right ! I kept going to about 30 mil. And I did dispute it . I had to take the problem up with xboxlive . I bought them with in the first three hours of launch . The same day they pulled them. Call me what u want idc . I don't grief ppl that much anyway only when I first got the tank . Look I say f*ck it why not . I wish I had time to grind but I don't . So I spent my money on a DLC. It's no different then me buying Microsoft points , or downloading the new map pack for halo 4. Or downloading games to my Xbox. Hell, I buy DLC all the time . I'm a tax payer I can buy what ever I want as long as I can afford it. This no different than me buying a flat screen TV or concert tickets, I'm investing into my entertainment. But frankly I don't give a f*ck how u feel about how I spend my money. You can go f*ck yourself if u ask me .

I can respect what pkunzipper said . It's their fault for releasing this bullsh*t . Most online games I play u can't glitch like this game . I smelt blood so I attacked. If I got ban (which won't happened) move on to another game battlefield 4 is coming out.

Spoken like a true 13 year old. No matter what you may think, you're not a real adult. Ohhhh ... you have a job and don't have time to play? Okay, then just glitch and f*ck with other people ... that's okay. Pathetic waste of space. You can't handle playing the game the correct way, because you know you suck. Battlefield 4? More like the new Diner Dash or Peggle ... those games are more your speed, if you're being completely honest with yourself. 

Won't happened? Jesus, man, learn English before you respond. If you seriously have a job with that kind of ignorance of grammar, then I feel for your employer. Oh wait ... garbage man, right? Or the guy who cleans sewers? Then that's okay ... we all need a guy who can clean up a real man's sh*t.

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:42 AM

You just have a tendency to like easy things. Easy driving so you don't have to learn. Easy money so you don't have to actually learn to play well. And my guess is that you have either a very unattractive or overweight girlfriend so you didn't have to try very hard there, either. But that's okay. The world needs gas station attendants, too.

I would be surprised if they don't at least reset the glitchers, because Rockstar has been getting a ton of complaints and there is really no logical reason to ignore those complains. the glitchers won't be making them any money (one guy has 1.76 BILLION, for god's sake, so it's not like he'll be buying a cash card) and non-glitchers won't want to spend any money on a system that allowed other players to glitch and become rich and then never punish them.

There is just way too much competition out there for Rockstar to ignore the complaints. If they do, though, then that's fine with me, because that shows they don't really care about players and they will pay in the long run by having a bad reputation.

In a way, glitchers might be ruining the entire GTA Online experience, but if Rockstar does nothing, then they are an accomplice. I, for one, refuse to spend any money toward their company if they decide not to punish those who took advantage of a glitch when I refused to do it. As I said, GTA is not my life and there are plenty of awesome games to put m money into right now.

Zeegelano
  • Zeegelano

Team Leader

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:07 AM

How do you know if you're a bad sport and placed in their lobby? So far I've received a total of 5k for being a good sport.

Tabula Rasa
  • Tabula Rasa

Don't get me wet! Ladies please..4 at a time.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:18 AM

bs28Ein.png

Thanks to Zablash for uploading(http://gtaforums.com...866893-zablash/)

good stuff-I didn't read the majourity of this thread I just like this so I quoted it, cheaters pool sounds good I don't want to play with glitchers who deem; unlimited resources from staring at a repeated instance in failed game design "skill or earnings."  Also How does one get Bored and than Start glitching, both the act of glitching, And its results are more boring than the gameplay otherwise implied by the creators.  

For some reason I expect glitchers to be playing for the shortest amount of time as its a means to a shortcut which skips all progression thus placing you in the position above game law which makes you atleast, Financially a gta deity with little to no reason to play outside of griefing when again "bored" since its likely a common trait to cheating-detachment from sociological implications based on non sensible >assumptions< that goals are not Achieved they are simply bypassed. 

I hope every glitcher is put in the cheaters pool for as long as I am hearing they might be, they would destroy the economy before heists and stocks even show up.  

On a side note: From farming alone-pre 1.03 I made close to ten million dollars, however whats left is a million dollars that I am struggling to maintain.  It takes hours for me to make over a 100k, and I can't commit like that, I think its a clever economy though and I enjoy the changes in its nature.

• PkUnzipper likes this

Lieut.Schaffer
  • Lieut.Schaffer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:08 PM

PEOPLE PEOPLE, MY DEAR GLITCHING REAL-MEN NATION

(NON GLITCHING FAGS, CLOSE YOUR EYES, THIS MIGHT BE INAPPROPRIATE FOR YOUR LESS DEVELOPED BRAINS)

- THERE IS A NEW MONEY GLITCH!!!

IT'S NOT AS FAST AS THE SUPERCAR GLITCH, BUT YOU CAN GET LIKE +/- 50K WITH THE BIKE. SO AFTER 3-4 TIMES IT EQUALS 1 SUPER CAR GLITCH, A BIT SLOWER, BUT STILL 1000 TIMES FASTER THAN NOT GLITCHING, WIEHOO

TheCarni
  • TheCarni

The player hater Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:00 PM

You just have a tendency to like easy things. Easy driving so you don't have to learn. Easy money so you don't have to actually learn to play well. And my guess is that you have either a very unattractive or overweight girlfriend so you didn't have to try very hard there, either. But that's okay. The world needs gas station attendants, too.

I would be surprised if they don't at least reset the glitchers, because Rockstar has been getting a ton of complaints and there is really no logical reason to ignore those complains. the glitchers won't be making them any money (one guy has 1.76 BILLION, for god's sake, so it's not like he'll be buying a cash card) and non-glitchers won't want to spend any money on a system that allowed other players to glitch and become rich and then never punish them.

There is just way too much competition out there for Rockstar to ignore the complaints. If they do, though, then that's fine with me, because that shows they don't really care about players and they will pay in the long run by having a bad reputation.

In a way, glitchers might be ruining the entire GTA Online experience, but if Rockstar does nothing, then they are an accomplice. I, for one, refuse to spend any money toward their company if they decide not to punish those who took advantage of a glitch when I refused to do it. As I said, GTA is not my life and there are plenty of awesome games to put m money into right now.

Get on to a new game then... I got friends who did the glitch who got screwed in the beginning. They complained to R* and they did nothing, but here you are thinking because YOU didn't do it, they HAVE to reset people who did because if not you will cry more... YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL!! R* said this game was pretty much a beta and wanted help finding all this crap, I can see where they might want to reset the guys who went crazy with the glitch, but so many people got boned with deleted characters and garages that they did it to recoup their losses. You know you are NOT going to spend any money so stop acting like you will if R* does what you want. I don't mind if they reset people, but do EVERYBODY!!! I don't see them putting people on this problem when they can easily just reset everybody and not worry. Don't worry though, because most glitchers wont play the game long anyways I believe, most will get bored and move on to the next game since the ones getting billions have basically beat the game. Then you will have your time to go park your car and try to show it off like it is special and nobody else has that car or paint job on it because you are sooo cool. Ive yet to have a glitcher sit there and keep calling mercs on me, or keep putting bounties on me or whatever for no reason, or whatever else your invalid argument states because they have lots of money. Same as me, the glitchers care nothing for you so stop thinking everybody is out for you and just enjoy the game. If you don't like them, play an invite only session. There, problem solved for all you whiney B*tch A** mother F*ckers!!!

Shieldtox
  • Shieldtox

Thug

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:31 PM

Anyone glitching at the moment? I'm so pissed at the lost of progress that I think I might as well do it. Get myself a nice Entity, or TANK.

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:18 PM

Also they should have apartments all over the map not just in the city . This would spread ppl out .

I've been wondering about this also. Because in SP, there are foreclosure/for sale signs on residential properties all over the map. I thought that since we couldn't buy safehouses in SP, that these properties would be available online.  It would be great if they did this at some point, because they're some really nice ranches and farm houses with foreclosure signs out in Blaine county.  Great remote location to setup a base for crews or just getaway from the city.

Justin..
  • Justin..

Thug

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:25 PM

I don't understand why farming is considered bad. If I want to survive 10 waves of hillbillies with mini guns to get 20k that's good money for my hard work surely? Or I have I got the definition of 'farming' wrong?

elmo87
  • elmo87

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:27 PM

Lol blackrooster are u still mad cause I shamed u in the vehicle debate thread ? Cause u don't seem to care about the point anymore just personal attacks . Like I said idc u can go f*ck yourself. NEXT!

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:30 PM

good stuff-I didn't read the majourity of this thread I just like this so I quoted it, cheaters pool sounds good I don't want to play with glitchers who deem; unlimited resources from staring at a repeated instance in failed game design "skill or earnings."  Also How does one get Bored and than Start glitching, both the act of glitching, And its results are more boring than the gameplay otherwise implied by the creators.  

For some reason I expect glitchers to be playing for the shortest amount of time as its a means to a shortcut which skips all progression thus placing you in the position above game law which makes you atleast, Financially a gta deity with little to no reason to play outside of griefing when again "bored" since its likely a common trait to cheating-detachment from sociological implications based on non sensible >assumptions< that goals are not Achieved they are simply bypassed. 

I hope every glitcher is put in the cheaters pool for as long as I am hearing they might be, they would destroy the economy before heists and stocks even show up.  

On a side note: From farming alone-pre 1.03 I made close to ten million dollars, however whats left is a million dollars that I am struggling to maintain.  It takes hours for me to make over a 100k, and I can't commit like that, I think its a clever economy though and I enjoy the changes in its nature.

Now that the cheaters lobbies are official, it's also quite possible R* will just scale the economy for these folks.  For example, if a sniper rifle costs $20k for players who are on good sport servers, then the same weapon would cost the glitchers $500k-$1M fully upgraded. Because on average, glitchers have substantially more money than other players by default. A $500k shotgun is penny candy to a cheater with $50M+ in their bank account TBH. Especially if they want to exercise their 2nd ammendment rights Ammunation keeps preaching about and/or can afford to shop for military WMD on a regular basis. :lol:

Lieut.Schaffer
  • Lieut.Schaffer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:36 PM

HEY I JUST STARTED A NEW ACCOUNT

ADD ME ON PSN: EVIL_MONKEY_BOSS

AND I DON'T HAVE MONEY OR ANYTHING, SO PLEASE IF THERE ARE RICH PEEPLE, SET BOUNTIES OF 9K ON EACH OTHER AND LET ME KILL U LIKE 50 TIMES PLEASE

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users