Photo

Bad Sport Discussion

1,725 replies to this topic
elmo87
  • elmo87

Hustler

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:43 PM

Stfu we got away with it deal with it. I would be butthurt too if I didn't glitch

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:48 PM

How do you check how much Bad Sport time you have left?

Deadly Target
  • Deadly Target

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:28 PM

Is it just me or this this suggest Rockstar are going after glitchers?

http://support.rocks...17-being-banned

That confirms they are going after glitchers.

elmo87
  • elmo87

Hustler

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:39 PM

No it doesn't, they just said u have nothing to worry about. They are not going to ban half of gta onlines community. I do believe from here on out if anyone try to find another money glitch they will start banning . But the ls glitch was a result of them releasing the game too early . When they release the cash cards again then for sure they will start banning . GIVE IT UP PPL THEY ARE NOT BANNING US. They know who we are they know what we did and they are glad we couldnt keep our mouth shut so they can patch it. I do understand why u guys are butt hurt and jealous .

Ivan Danzig
  • Ivan Danzig

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:41 PM

rockstar are being dicks by saying we have nothing to worry about as clean players.  we have to worry about glitchers griefing us with monetary impunity.  if this is rockstars opinion on the subject then screw them.

elmo87
  • elmo87

Hustler

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:42 PM

No it doesn't, they just said u have nothing to worry about. They are not going to ban half of gta onlines community. I do believe from here on out if anyone try to find another money glitch they will start banning . But the ls glitch was a result of them releasing the game too early . When they release the cash cards again then for sure they will start banning . GIVE IT UP PPL THEY ARE NOT BANNING US. They know who we are they know what we did and they are glad we couldnt keep our mouth shut so they can patch it. I do understand why u guys are butt hurt and jealous .

Deadly Target
  • Deadly Target

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:48 PM

They only said non-glitchers have nothing to worry about. If half the gta online community did glitch, that only gives them more reason to take action. That's thousands of potential cash card customers they've lost now. I don't think bans are going to be handed out, but there's definitely going to be cash resets.

Duncan96
  • Duncan96

Honest Joe

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:49 PM

This whole game seems messed up. Glitches out the ass, R* trying to force-feed us cash cards, and the worst of all is the bad sport system. First, an NPC puts a $5000 bounty on me for stealing a car(which is retarded in it's own right), then four guys in a buffalo seemingly fall from the sky and try to kill me. I, defending myself from the hail of bullets, shoot the car with a grenade launcher, then suddenly I get bad sport for SIX DAYS​Now I can't play with my friend who just got the game, specifically to play it with me, and I have to play with a group of people who are largely degenerates. Now I'm going back to Skyrim for a week.

Deadly Target
  • Deadly Target

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:56 PM

This whole game seems messed up. Glitches out the ass, R* trying to force-feed us cash cards, and the worst of all is the bad sport system. First, an NPC puts a $5000 bounty on me for stealing a car(which is retarded in it's own right), then four guys in a buffalo seemingly fall from the sky and try to kill me. I, defending myself from the hail of bullets, shoot the car with a grenade launcher, then suddenly I get bad sport for SIX DAYS​Now I can't play with my friend who just got the game, specifically to play it with me, and I have to play with a group of people who are largely degenerates. Now I'm going back to Skyrim for a week.

I've grenade launched at least 5 personal vehicles in the last few days and still haven't become a bad sport. I'm guessing you did more than just destroy a buffalo.

elmo87
  • elmo87

Hustler

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:06 PM

They only said non-glitchers have nothing to worry about. If half the gta online community did glitch, that only gives them more reason to take action. That's thousands of potential cash card customers they've lost now. I don't think bans are going to be handed out, but there's definitely going to be cash resets.

Doubt it . It was early on . If this whole situation happened three years into the game, then maybe. They won't do anything now I know ppl who bought cash cards in the small window they were able too , played legit and loss their character. R* know these ppl are bound to cheat . U think they will piss more ppl off by banning folks , and resets? Naw not a chance , they will just continue to monitor forums and YouTube to try and patch every thing they can. this is basically an open beta test to them .

Duncan96
  • Duncan96

Honest Joe

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:11 PM

I've grenade launched at least 5 personal vehicles in the last few days and still haven't become a bad sport. I'm guessing you did more than just destroy a buffalo.

That's just it! Not only is the system a dumb idea anyways, it also tends to be broken. However, I just logged back onto GTA  online right as Im writing this and I am no longer a bad sport. 

• Deadly Target and Delminator like this

Delminator
  • Delminator

Santa Claus

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:32 PM

When a store marks his price incorrect then it is a right to buy it @ that price with no exception.
This is the same thing, rockstar sold his product as it was in his condition. So we took it and played it like it was ment to play and that was by replay mission, then they decide to insert the cash cards right away so they skinned our product and then going to ban because they made a million dollar mistake is a bit asking for another million dollar mistake....

Delminator
  • Delminator

Santa Claus

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:43 PM

That's just it! Not only is the system a dumb idea anyways, it also tends to be broken. However, I just logged back onto GTA  online right as Im writing this and I am no longer a bad sport. 

I joined a random crew session, got kicked after 10 secondes because a bunch of real life friends who dont want otherplayers to join, i jumped back in my invite only session after 10 minutes loading screen, on my screen a warning about bad sports for leaving early....?!

Deadly Target
  • Deadly Target

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:45 PM

Doubt it . It was early on . If this whole situation happened three years into the game, then maybe. They won't do anything now I know ppl who bought cash cards in the small window they were able too , played legit and loss their character. R* know these ppl are bound to cheat . U think they will piss more ppl off by banning folks , and resets? Naw not a chance , they will just continue to monitor forums and YouTube to try and patch every thing they can. this is basically an open beta test to them .

All will be revealed next week. :monocle:

My bad. I didn't know the bad sport system was so bugged at the moment. I definitely think they should keep it around, just fix it up a bit and raise the limit of destroyed vehicles.

fbodieslive
  • fbodieslive

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:11 PM

I would just like to comment on the bad sport system. This is absurd. In a game of sex/drugs and violence you are punished for doing said things? Let me get this straight? I can run a player over, I can beat him to death, I can shoot him, but if I blow up his car even without him in it, i'm a bad Sport? WTF R*? Not only that I have to pay for his insurance bill. It should be one or the other not both. If blowing up cars is such a problem, fix free roam or lower the cost of insurance.

• elmo87 likes this

Mr Fyn666
  • Mr Fyn666

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:23 PM

It beggars belief that this discussion rolls on, its only a game, its only been out for a nano second, there are other games to play, the cost of the game is less than some of you spend on a night out, the add ons will be free, if you get griefed join a crew, if you don't want to grind buy GTA$

IDK why do people want something for nothing all the time, spoilt maybe, jealous maybe, ignorant maybe, the list goes on

Life is full of both honest people and cheats, people who bend the rules, people that get caught or don't. get caught. Meh, so much wasted time writing this ffs

And breathe...............................

#rantover

Nitsuj Rasta
  • Nitsuj Rasta

Kilo Tray Ballas

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:39 PM

People saying that Rockstar (they're not that cool with me right now to get abbreviated..) can look into you're history to see how you got the money you earn/glitched for.. etc..etc...

Spent 80 US Dollars (out of excitement..) when online dropped 5:31am for me and my crew..

I wish a developer would bitch about a got' damn glitch yo.. thinking about it get's me hot.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:03 PM Edited by GTAKid667, 18 October 2013 - 10:03 PM.

I became a bad sport for the first time today - some prick parked his personal vehicle next to a sticky bomb I placed  :/

eurynomestolas
  • eurynomestolas

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:19 PM

Millions did do it and the people complaining are the ones that didn't! Rockstar is just upset cause they want people to buy the cash cards when it's fixed.

eurynomestolas
  • eurynomestolas

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:22 PM Edited by eurynomestolas, 18 October 2013 - 10:25 PM.

Look this is rockstars fault, no one should be punished. If we would have been able to do heist when the game was released no one would be trying to find ways to make a lot of money

Yeah it's totally Rockstar's fault that YOU decided to do something that was pretty obviously an unintended method to gain an unfair advantage over those who follow the rules. Way to take responsibility for your own actions, hell, by your logic here if a bank vault manufacturer makes a faulty lock and I decide to rob the bank using some trick to fool the lock, it's not my fault that I robbed the bank it would be the lock manufacturer.
But, it would be like the bank never fixed their lock, and people keep stealing money, and they just say, oh well and keep letting it happen without conceqeunces.
You're saying, if a bank has a faulty lock, and people can go in and take money without consequence, you wouldn't do so?
Iv seen different variations of comparing it to real life?!?! Get a f*cking grip people its just pixels and stuff on a screen. Some take It to far
The point I'm trying to make here is that when you take advantage of someone elses mistake, you still had to make the conscious decision to do so. In doing this you are logically taking blame upon yourself, deflecting this by blaming rockstar is utterly irrational and hypocritical.

As for the guy saying that I probably would take the money from the bank if there were no consequences, yeah I probably would but I'm not going to use mental gymnastics to leave myself without blame. In that case I would have chosen to break the rules and if I were to get punished for it whoever is the proper authority would have ever right to enact punishments on me

^^^^ sounds like someone didn't do the glitch and they are angry. If you snooze you lose. It's just a game get over yourself. Idiot
  • Kerrmiester likes this

eurynomestolas
  • eurynomestolas

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:31 PM

I would just like to comment on the bad sport system. This is absurd. In a game of sex/drugs and violence you are punished for doing said things? Let me get this straight? I can run a player over, I can beat him to death, I can shoot him, but if I blow up his car even without him in it, i'm a bad Sport? WTF R*? Not only that I have to pay for his insurance bill. It should be one or the other not both. If blowing up cars is such a problem, fix free roam or lower the cost of insurance.

This guy sounds smart I think the same way GTA is not meant to be played with rules that's why you can kill random people on the street. GTA = breaking rules. In real life I drive in the lane down the street at the correct speed. In GTA I can break away from real life to the virtual life and drive down the side walk killing whatever is in my path at 70 mph.

elmo87
  • elmo87

Hustler

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:35 PM

People saying that Rockstar (they're not that cool with me right now to get abbreviated..) can look into you're history to see how you got the money you earn/glitched for.. etc..etc...

Spent 80 US Dollars (out of excitement..) when online dropped 5:31am for me and my crew..

I wish a developer would bitch about a got' damn glitch yo.. thinking about it get's me hot.

I know that's right

elmo87
  • elmo87

Hustler

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:38 PM

U ppl r nailing it today . This is so true

PsuPepperoni
  • PsuPepperoni

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:43 PM Edited by PsuPepperoni, 18 October 2013 - 11:26 PM.

Player kills me, then tries to run me over but i blow him up with a sticky bomb

bad sport warning

edit: I also had to pay $9000 for his insurance

• Turkey Lips likes this

Turkey Lips
  • Turkey Lips

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:49 PM

Personally i feel that bad sports wasnt implemented correctly due to the fact that you shouldn't be accused of being a bad sport when you destroy someones personal vehicle even if theyre continuosly chasing you because you have a bounty on your head there should be a search preference for sportsmanship regulated games and a mode for true GTA players who play for the chaos and dont mind their stuff getting blown up because to me the chaos is what makes the game fun

eurynomestolas
  • eurynomestolas

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:56 PM

Personally i feel that bad sports wasnt implemented correctly due to the fact that you shouldn't be accused of being a bad sport when you destroy someones personal vehicle even if theyre continuosly chasing you because you have a bounty on your head there should be a search preference for sportsmanship regulated games and a mode for true GTA players who play for the chaos and dont mind their stuff getting blown up because to me the chaos is what makes the game fun

Exactly I live chaos and if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen. I became a bad sport. I was blowing up every persons personal vehicle I could see and I also believe killing someone when the are in the pause menu can give you a bad sport. Cause I was doing that also. Once I became a bad sport I didn't stop killing everyone til their was nobody left in the lobby. Got in the buzzard and killing spree lol

Ballistic_BG
  • Ballistic_BG

Con Artist

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:04 PM

photo.jpg

His stats made me lol

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:16 PM

I agree with what you said with the exception of this:

It's not a matter of feeling jealous at all. Because I personally have never--and will never--resort to glitches to play.  I personally (and lots of other gamers like me) plan on buying cash cards because I've got a full time job. So for the few hours I've got to play, I lack the time--and desire--to legitimately farm/grind--in order to make the income necessary to enjoy the game.  Glitching for me is completely out because that's 100% illegal IMO.  So

you can see why some fanboys who earn their money the fair way would be put out by the slap on the wrist R* decided to give you guys.

There have always been rules of engagement on how ppl are expected to play online (every retail game comes with a EULA for a reason).  R* has been slow to implement this, due to the server and launch issues.  But I totally agree with you that once the cash cards officially become available again, ppl who exploit glitches like the $15k bike and adder at LSC will most likely get a ban hammer dropped on them.

The way I see it, I suspect the "butthurt" and player hate you glitchers are getting from the non cheating side of the community, is not so much due to the fact you basically cheated (i.e. illegally exploited a glitch to gain a monetary advantage over other players) as much as HOW you plan on enjoying your ill achieved gains. aka spoiling the gaming experience for other players online.

So I've got no beef with glitchers who are just doing it to gain properties, cars/material things in game, or so they can better enjoy the game with their friends in a faster amount of time.  To me that's an alternative way of buying a cash card (albeit illegally).

But if you're going to start spending your $20 billion dollar bank roll on buying tanks, jets, RPGs and other WMD to grief other players (especially ones like myself who don't give a sh*t about being harassed in free roam) then we're going to have issues.

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:17 PM

photo.jpg

His stats made me lol

sh*t.

>,<

nvm.

elmo87
  • elmo87

Hustler

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:28 PM

I agree with what you said with the exception of this:

It's not a matter of feeling jealous at all. Because I personally have never--and will never--resort to glitches to play.  I personally (and lots of other gamers like me) plan on buying cash cards because I've got a full time job. So for the few hours I've got to play, I lack the time--and desire--to legitimately farm/grind--in order to make the income necessary to enjoy the game.  Glitching for me is completely out because that's 100% illegal IMO.  So
you can see why some fanboys who earn their money the fair way would be put out by the slap on the wrist R* decided to give you guys.

There have always been rules of engagement on how ppl are expected to play online (every retail game comes with a EULA for a reason).  R* has been slow to implement this, due to the server and launch issues.  But I totally agree with you that once the cash cards officially become available again, ppl who exploit glitches like the $15k bike and adder at LSC will most likely get a ban hammer dropped on them.

The way I see it, I suspect the "butthurt" and player hate you glitchers are getting from the non cheating side of the community, is not so much due to the fact you basically cheated (i.e. illegally exploited a glitch to gain a monetary advantage over other players) as much as HOW you plan on enjoying your ill achieved gains. aka spoiling the gaming experience for other players online.

So I've got no beef with glitchers who are just doing it to gain properties, cars/material things in game, or so they can better enjoy the game with their friends in a faster amount of time.  To me that's an alternative way of buying a cash card (albeit illegally).

But if you're going to start spending your $20 billion dollar bank roll on buying tanks, jets, RPGs and other WMD to grief other players (especially ones like myself who don't give a sh*t about being harassed in free roam) then we're going to have issues.

Dude I spent 40 on cash cards in beginning. My money got reset after first patch , this is before I knew about glitches , I was pissed . I called r* took a screenshot of confirmation email, listed my gamer tag , and told them how much money I was out . They did nothing. I called them everyday for a week . I have a job too this is why I bought cash cards, I don't have time to grind in a game. So I glitched.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users