» «
Photo

Bad Sport Discussion

1,725 replies to this topic
LopesCRL
  • LopesCRL

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:11 PM Edited by LopesCRL, 16 October 2013 - 09:13 PM.

I've played many MMORPG's, I've played Runescape for 3 years(around 4k hours played), I socialize daily with people that play other mmorpg's a lot too. I have some experience, and farming is a completely normal thing, in many mmorpg's is the most normal method of leveling up. It's logical , if it gives you faster EXP and it's on the game intentionally, then there's nothing wrong with it. If you play a MMORPG you will obviously choose the fastest/better method to get cash/exp.

People who say that farming is wrong clearly know nothing about online gaming. Farming would be wrong if someone created a bot that does missions reputedly.

Glitching is a completely wrong thing, it's basically using a programming error or a bug to their own use, obviously that It is R* fault that the game has glitches.

Still it says on the rules that you should not use glitches/bugs repeatedly and it's against the rules. R* made this game , so they set the rules. If you break them , you should be punished. About the glitches I think the most correct thing to do would be remove the cash that glitchers made.
Now please stop comparing Glitchers and farmers...

FocusedPants
  • FocusedPants

Snitch

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:11 PM

LSC GLITCH

1. Whether you like Rockstar cash cards or not, you're stealing money from them. 

No, sorry, it doesn't work that way. By that logic any money obtained in game is stealing from Rockstar because you aren't buying their cash cards. With or without the glitch I'd never pay $10 for a million...

I suggest you read the Eula. The Virtual Currency you obtain in any of Rockstar's games belong to Rockstar. When you use a glitch to "illegally" obtain that money you're stealing "property" from them. They charge a set price for Virtual Goods and Virtual Currency. You're stealing that whether you want to admit it or not.

A price that is not paid when doing missions or when said currency is given to you by other players. - Or when said currency is stolen from other players.

I do agree that it is cheating, however. It is not stealing anything from Rockstar.

Edit: From the EULA

LICENSE CONDITIONS

You agree not to:

1. commercially exploit the Software;
  2. distribute, lease, license, sell, rent, convert into convertible currency, or otherwise transfer or assign the Software, or any copies of the Software, including but not limited to Virtual Goods or Virtual Currency (defined below) without the express prior written consent of Licensor or as expressly set forth in this Agreement;
  3. make a copy of the Software or any part thereof (other than as set forth herein);
  4. make a copy of the Software available on a network for use or download by multiple users;
  5. except as otherwise specifically provided by the Software or this Agreement, use or install the Software (or permit others to do same) on a network, for on-line use, or on more than one computer or gaming unit at the same time;
  6. copy the Software onto a hard drive or other storage device in order to bypass the requirement to run the Software from the included CD-ROM or DVD-ROM (this prohibition does not apply to copies in whole or in part that may be made by the Software itself during installation in order to run more efficiently);
  7. use or copy the Software at a computer gaming center or any other location-based site; provided, that Licensor may offer you a separate license agreement to make the Software available for commercial use;
  8. reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, display, perform, prepare derivative works based on, or otherwise modify the Software, in whole or in part;
  9. remove or modify any proprietary notices, marks, or labels contained on or within the Software;
  10. restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying any online features of the Software;
  11. cheat or utilize any unauthorized robot, spider, or other program in connection with any online features of the Software;
  12. violate any terms, policies, licenses, or code of conduct for any online features of the Software; or
  13. transport, export, or re-export (directly or indirectly) into any country forbidden to receive the Software by any U.S. export laws or regulations or U.S. economic sanctions or otherwise violate any laws or regulations, or the laws of the country in which the Software was obtained, which may be amended from time to time.

Again yes, Cheating is against the EULA, TOS, etc. But it says nothing specific about the currency. Hence nothing is being stolen. Try again.

There are more info about virtual currency.

Courtesy Flush George
  • Courtesy Flush George

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:13 PM

So havin more money to buy cars, mods and so on, effects your experience?! Bitch please!!!!

You're acting like a jealous little child... It's a game, get over it and play it how you like it and don't worry about others.

tradami
  • tradami

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:13 PM

LSC GLITCH

1. Whether you like Rockstar cash cards or not, you're stealing money from them. 

No, sorry, it doesn't work that way. By that logic any money obtained in game is stealing from Rockstar because you aren't buying their cash cards. With or without the glitch I'd never pay $10 for a million...

I suggest you read the Eula. The Virtual Currency you obtain in any of Rockstar's games belong to Rockstar. When you use a glitch to "illegally" obtain that money you're stealing "property" from them. They charge a set price for Virtual Goods and Virtual Currency. You're stealing that whether you want to admit it or not.

A price that is not paid when doing missions or when said currency is given to you by other players. - Or when said currency is stolen from other players.

I do agree that it is cheating, however. It is not stealing anything from Rockstar.

LICENSE CONDITIONS

You agree not to:

2. distribute, lease, license, sell, rent, convert into convertible currency, or otherwise transfer or assign the Software, or any copies of the Software, including but not limited to Virtual Goods or Virtual Currency (defined below) without the express prior written consent of Licensor or as expressly set forth in this Agreement;
  3. make a copy of the Software or any part thereof (other than as set forth herein);
  4. make a copy of the Software available on a network for use or download by multiple users;
  5. except as otherwise specifically provided by the Software or this Agreement, use or install the Software (or permit others to do same) on a network, for on-line use, or on more than one computer or gaming unit at the same time;
  6. copy the Software onto a hard drive or other storage device in order to bypass the requirement to run the Software from the included CD-ROM or DVD-ROM (this prohibition does not apply to copies in whole or in part that may be made by the Software itself during installation in order to run more efficiently);
  7. use or copy the Software at a computer gaming center or any other location-based site; provided, that Licensor may offer you a separate license agreement to make the Software available for commercial use;
  8. reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, display, perform, prepare derivative works based on, or otherwise modify the Software, in whole or in part;
  9. remove or modify any proprietary notices, marks, or labels contained on or within the Software;
  10. restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying any online features of the Software;
  11. cheat or utilize any unauthorized robot, spider, or other program in connection with any online features of the Software;
  12. violate any terms, policies, licenses, or code of conduct for any online features of the Software; or
  13. transport, export, or re-export (directly or indirectly) into any country forbidden to receive the Software by any U.S. export laws or regulations or U.S. economic sanctions or otherwise violate any laws or regulations, or the laws of the country in which the Software was obtained, which may be amended from time to time.

Again yes, Cheating is against the EULA, TOS, etc. But it says nothing specific about the currency. Hence nothing is being stolen. Try again.

If you're going to take a specific quote from the EULA, I suggest you actually quote the correct information. If you would have actually continued scrolling you would clearly see a large area labeled as VIRTUAL CURRENCY AND VIRTUAL GOODS which goes over ever aspect of the currency. Try again.

VIRTUAL CURRENCY & VIRTUAL GOODS: The Software may enable users to (i) use fictional virtual currency as a medium of exchange exclusively within the Software (“Virtual Currency” or “VC”) and (ii) gain access to (and certain limited rights to use) virtual goods within the Software (“Virtual Goods” or “VG”). Regardless of the terminology used, VC and VG represent a limited license right governed by this Agreement. Subject to the terms of and compliance with this Agreement, Licensor hereby grants you the nonexclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, limited right and license to use VC and VG obtained by you for your personal non-commercial gameplay exclusively within the Software. Except as otherwise prohibited by applicable law, VC and VG obtained by you are licensed to you, and you hereby acknowledge that no title or ownership in or to VC and VG is being transferred or assigned hereunder. This Agreement should not be construed as a sale of any rights in VC and VG.

Scumbaggah
  • Scumbaggah

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:17 PM

How does somebody having more money than you hurt your experience?

Nobody wants to answer this.

Tank vs assault rifle.

+ throwing around $10 k bounties like they are candy
+ Unlimited sticky bombs flying out of million dollar super cars they glitched.
+ Constant attacking due to no consequence when you die ($2k death when you have $20 mil... lul)
+ Forum is filled with threads regarding glitching
+ The game started running like sh*t ( yes worse than before ,freezing, epic lag etc) since this glitch has been getting thrashed by every noob and his dog.
  • tradami likes this

Jagblade
  • Jagblade

Counterfeiter

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:17 PM

LSC GLITCH

LICENSE CONDITIONS

You agree not to:

If you're going to take a specific quote from the EULA, I suggest you actually quote the correct information. If you would have actually continued scrolling you would clearly see a large area labeled as VIRTUAL CURRENCY AND VIRTUAL GOODS which goes over ever aspect of the currency. Try again.

VIRTUAL CURRENCY & VIRTUAL GOODS: The Software may enable users to (i) use fictional virtual currency as a medium of exchange exclusively within the Software (“Virtual Currency” or “VC”) and (ii) gain access to (and certain limited rights to use) virtual goods within the Software (“Virtual Goods” or “VG”). Regardless of the terminology used, VC and VG represent a limited license right governed by this Agreement. Subject to the terms of and compliance with this Agreement, Licensor hereby grants you the nonexclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, limited right and license to use VC and VG obtained by you for your personal non-commercial gameplay exclusively within the Software. Except as otherwise prohibited by applicable law, VC and VG obtained by you are licensed to you, and you hereby acknowledge that no title or ownership in or to VC and VG is being transferred or assigned hereunder. This Agreement should not be construed as a sale of any rights in VC and VG.

Reread my post, I edited it before you posted again. I have read all of that section. The argument is not over whether or not this is cheating, it is. However, at no point is it defined at a legitimate theft. At no point is it treated as an illegal, unlawful, and subject to prosecution as the case would be with pirated software or stolen goods.

Nothing is being stolen from Rockstar as this is all occuring within the game. Now... if someone found a way to pirate cash card codes or something. THAT would be theft.

tradami
  • tradami

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:18 PM

The only problem I have with OP's post is in that both ToS and EULA the word glitch isn't even mentioned. Cheating is mentioned but glitching is not defined as cheating. It basically says cheating is using unauthorized programs (Think of "aimbot" for PC games). It does not say anything about glitches

A formal EULA is not going to use that terminology. 

You acknowledge that Licensor may request that the applicable Application Store stop, suspend, terminate, discontinue, or reverse any Unauthorized Transaction, regardless of when such Unauthorized Transaction occurred (or has yet to occur) when it suspects or has evidence of fraud, violations of this Agreement, violations of any applicable law or regulation, or any intentional act designed to interfere or that otherwise has the effect of or may have the effect of intervening in any way with the operation of the Software. If we believe or have any reason to suspect that you have engaged in an Unauthorized Transaction, you further agree that Licensor may, in its sole discretion, restrict your access to your available VC and VG in your User Account or terminate or suspend your User Account and your rights to any VC, VG, and other items associated with your User Account.

So havin more money to buy cars, mods and so on, effects your experience?! Bitch please!!!!

You're acting like a jealous little child... It's a game, get over it and play it how you like it and don't worry about others.

It's an online game where you interact with other players.  There's already a game that I play and don't worry about others. It's called Single Player.  Come back to me once you learn the difference between "affect" and "effect".

irishsm0ke
  • irishsm0ke

Outlaw

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:19 PM

How does somebody having more money than you hurt your experience?

Nobody wants to answer this.

Many people have answered this.

Tayman
  • Tayman

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:21 PM

There wouldn't be all this complaining if people could buy money.

tradami
  • tradami

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:22 PM Edited by tradami, 16 October 2013 - 09:23 PM.

LSC GLITCH

LICENSE CONDITIONS

You agree not to:

Reread my post, I edited it before you posted again. I have read all of that section. The argument is not over whether or not this is cheating, it is. However, at no point is it defined at a legitimate theft. At no point is it treated as an illegal, unlawful, and subject to prosecution as the case would be with pirated software or stolen goods.

Nothing is being stolen from Rockstar as this is all occuring within the game. Now... if someone found a way to pirate cash card codes or something. THAT would be theft.

I never once mentioned that this argument is about cheating.  It's about theft.  

If I walk into a 7/11 gas station and steal a candy bar from the counter. Is that theft? They don't have a sign anywhere that says "No stealing". Yes it's theft because it's their property. By law, you can't steal.

Whether the property is virtual or not, it's still theft.

Markowins
  • Markowins

Troll

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:24 PM

didnt read

• Blitzkrieg35 likes this

Richieleos
  • Richieleos

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:24 PM Edited by Richieleos, 16 October 2013 - 09:31 PM.

LSC GLITCH

• Whether you like Rockstar cash cards or not, you're stealing money from them. 

LICENSE CONDITIONS
You agree not to:

• commercially exploit the Software;
  • distribute, lease, license, sell, rent, convert into convertible currency, or otherwise transfer or assign the Software, or any copies of the Software, including but not limited to Virtual Goods or Virtual Currency (defined below) without the express prior written consent of Licensor or as expressly set forth in this Agreement;
  • make a copy of the Software or any part thereof (other than as set forth herein);
  • make a copy of the Software available on a network for use or download by multiple users;
  • except as otherwise specifically provided by the Software or this Agreement, use or install the Software (or permit others to do same) on a network, for on-line use, or on more than one computer or gaming unit at the same time;
  • copy the Software onto a hard drive or other storage device in order to bypass the requirement to run the Software from the included CD-ROM or DVD-ROM (this prohibition does not apply to copies in whole or in part that may be made by the Software itself during installation in order to run more efficiently);
  • use or copy the Software at a computer gaming center or any other location-based site; provided, that Licensor may offer you a separate license agreement to make the Software available for commercial use;
  • reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, display, perform, prepare derivative works based on, or otherwise modify the Software, in whole or in part;
  • remove or modify any proprietary notices, marks, or labels contained on or within the Software;
  • restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying any online features of the Software;
  • cheat or utilize any unauthorized robot, spider, or other program in connection with any online features of the Software;
  • violate any terms, policies, licenses, or code of conduct for any online features of the Software; or
  • transport, export, or re-export (directly or indirectly) into any country forbidden to receive the Software by any U.S. export laws or regulations or U.S. economic sanctions or otherwise violate any laws or regulations, or the laws of the country in which the Software was obtained, which may be amended from time to time.
    Edit 2: Before any further debate ensues, yes I read the VIRTUAL CURRENCY AND VIRTUAL GOODS section of the EULA. In no way, shape, or form is any means of obtaining the currency linked to theft or legality.
It might be possible that its in rule 12 terms policies and licenses?

The stealing money thing i mean

Jagblade
  • Jagblade

Counterfeiter

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:26 PM

LSC GLITCH

LICENSE CONDITIONS

You agree not to:

If I walk into a 7/11 gas station and steal a candy bar from the counter. Is that theft? They don't have a sign anywhere that says "No stealing". Yes it's theft because it's their property. By law, you can't steal.

Physically removing an object from a store without paying =/= replicating fictional currency within the game mechanics. The former is theft, the latter is simply cheating or counterfeiting at the worst.

thieves
  • thieves

Trick

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:28 PM

This whole tread reminds me of that episode where Sheldon called the cops because his World of Warcraft gold was stolen lol.

Maybe do the same, call the cops and rat out these  embezzling insider traders thieving scumbags with their 10 virtual Ferraris and whore house pleasures.

• tradami likes this

tradami
  • tradami

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:31 PM Edited by tradami, 16 October 2013 - 09:36 PM.

LSC GLITCH

• Whether you like Rockstar cash cards or not, you're stealing money from them. 

LICENSE CONDITIONS
You agree not to:

• commercially exploit the Software;
  • distribute, lease, license, sell, rent, convert into convertible currency, or otherwise transfer or assign the Software, or any copies of the Software, including but not limited to Virtual Goods or Virtual Currency (defined below) without the express prior written consent of Licensor or as expressly set forth in this Agreement;
  • make a copy of the Software or any part thereof (other than as set forth herein);
  • make a copy of the Software available on a network for use or download by multiple users;
  • except as otherwise specifically provided by the Software or this Agreement, use or install the Software (or permit others to do same) on a network, for on-line use, or on more than one computer or gaming unit at the same time;
  • copy the Software onto a hard drive or other storage device in order to bypass the requirement to run the Software from the included CD-ROM or DVD-ROM (this prohibition does not apply to copies in whole or in part that may be made by the Software itself during installation in order to run more efficiently);
  • use or copy the Software at a computer gaming center or any other location-based site; provided, that Licensor may offer you a separate license agreement to make the Software available for commercial use;
  • reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, display, perform, prepare derivative works based on, or otherwise modify the Software, in whole or in part;
  • remove or modify any proprietary notices, marks, or labels contained on or within the Software;
  • restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying any online features of the Software;
  • cheat or utilize any unauthorized robot, spider, or other program in connection with any online features of the Software;
  • violate any terms, policies, licenses, or code of conduct for any online features of the Software; or
  • transport, export, or re-export (directly or indirectly) into any country forbidden to receive the Software by any U.S. export laws or regulations or U.S. economic sanctions or otherwise violate any laws or regulations, or the laws of the country in which the Software was obtained, which may be amended from time to time.
    Edit 2: Before any further debate ensues, yes I read the VIRTUAL CURRENCY AND VIRTUAL GOODS section of the EULA. In no way, shape, or form is any means of obtaining the currency linked to theft or legality.

It might be possible that its in rule 12 terms policies and licenses?

Yes.

CODE OF CONDUCT

The following rules, policies, and disclaimers shall govern and/or apply to your use of the Online Services.
You agree, by using the Online Services, that: (1) you will only use the Online Services for lawful purposes, in compliance with applicable laws, for your own personal, non-commercial use; (2) you will not restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Online Services (for example, by means of harassment, hacking or defacement); (3) you will not use the Online Services to create, upload, or post any material that is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, harassing, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of one’s privacy, in violation of any law, or is inconsistent with community standards; (4) you will not post, upload, or create any copyrighted material using the Online Services unless you own the copyright in and to such material; (5) you will not post, upload, or transmit any information or software that contains a virus, worm, timebomb, cancelbot, trojan horse or other harmful, disruptive, or deleterious component; (6) you will not post, upload, create, or transmit materials in violation of another party’s copyright or other intellectual property rights; (7) you will not cheat or utilize any unauthorized robot, spider, or other program in connection with the Online Services; and (8) you will not impersonate any other individual or entity in connection with your use of the Online Services. All determinations will be made by the Company in its sole discretion.
When we provide Online Services involving user-created content (“UGC”), we do not review every piece of UGC, nor do we confirm the accuracy, validity, or originality of the UGC posted. We do not actively monitor the contents of the postings, nor are we responsible for the content of any postings. We do not vouch for, nor do we warrant the validity, accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any UGC. The contents of the postings do not represent the views of the Company, its subsidiaries, or any person or property associated with the Company, the Online Services, or any website in the Company’s family of websites. If you feel that any posting is objectionable, we encourage you to use associated report functions or contact us by visiting www.rockstargames.com/support. We will remove objectionable content if we deem removal to be warranted. Please understand that removal or editing of any content is a manual process and might not occur immediately. We reserve the right to remove (or not) any UGC or content for any (or no) reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for your UGC, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Company and its agents with respect to any claim based upon the transmission of your UGC. Posting of advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, solicitations, and the like, are inappropriate and forbidden on the Online Services (including bulletin boards and chat rooms).
We reserve the right to reveal your identity (including whatever information we know about you) without notice to you in certain circumstances set forth in our Privacy Policy. Please visit www.rockstargames.com/privacy for more details.
LIMITED LICENSE BY THE COMPANY

The Company grants you a limited, non-sublicensable license to access and use the Online Services. Such license is subject to this Agreement and, as applicable, the software EULA located at www.rockstargames.com/eula, and specifically conditioned upon the following: (i) you may only view, copy and print portions of the Online Services for your own informational, personal and non-commercial use; (ii) you may not modify or otherwise make derivative uses of the Online Services, or any portion thereof; (iii) you may not remove or modify any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notices that have been placed in the Online Services; (iv) you may not use any data mining, robots or similar data gathering or extraction methods; (v) you may not use the Online Services other than for their intended purpose; (vi) you may not reproduce, prepare derivative works from, distribute or display the Online Services, except as provided herein; and (vii) you must not violate the Code of Conduct set forth above.

Physically removing an object from a store without paying =/= replicating fictional currency within the game mechanics. The former is theft, the latter is simply cheating or counterfeiting at the worst.

While that may be the case to you, when it comes down to it property is property. It's all about rights and in this game the currency is property of Rockstar. Virtual or not. It's still stealing. I'm not saying they would win a lawsuit against someone who did the Bike glitch, but the fact remains that it's stealing virtual property.

Richieleos
  • Richieleos

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:33 PM

Yep I agree it's stealing

Pitch~Black
  • Pitch~Black

Peon

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:41 PM

It's only "official" if it's directly from R*. It's arrogant in the extreme to post something that is simply your interpretation of ToS and slap "official" on it.

Having said that, I happen to agree with your post. Especially your opening statement. "But it's in the game!" is the most rediculous form of justification I've ever heard when applied to a glitch or abuse of weak game code. Farming is a different matter entirely. It is an intended part of the game. It was R*'s oversight to allow certain missions to be overtly beneficial and the player cannot be found in fault for taking advantage of that. A player is not going outside the mechanics of the game to profit from it.

Glitches are wrong. Plain and simple. Everyone knows you are not supposed to be able to do these things. If you are going to do it, that's fine by me 'cause I'm not your mom. But please stop trying to justify it. It's wrong and you know it.

Kongen_af_GTA
  • Kongen_af_GTA

Its true.. Im the GTA rapist

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:46 PM

this is stupid. Cheaters Pool here i come!

weazle9954
  • weazle9954

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:50 PM

lmao i got a cone on my head. I mean i knew it was going to happen eventually. I'm screaming "leave me alone or i'll blow your sh*t up" but nooo they keep messing with me. But hey punish me for playing the game why don't you.

tradami
  • tradami

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:54 PM

It's only "official" if it's directly from R*. It's arrogant in the extreme to post something that is simply your interpretation of ToS and slap "official" on it.

Having said that, I happen to agree with your post. Especially your opening statement. "But it's in the game!" is the most rediculous form of justification I've ever heard when applied to a glitch or abuse of weak game code. Farming is a different matter entirely. It is an intended part of the game. It was R*'s oversight to allow certain missions to be overtly beneficial and the player cannot be found in fault for taking advantage of that. A player is not going outside the mechanics of the game to profit from it.

Glitches are wrong. Plain and simple. Everyone knows you are not supposed to be able to do these things. If you are going to do it, that's fine by me 'cause I'm not your mom. But please stop trying to justify it. It's wrong and you know it.

While it is not entirely accurate for me to have labeled it as "official" I did so because it attracts the attention of readers and as far as I can tell the content is the most useful and accurate information I have been able to find on this forum.  For my sake, I never said "official from Rockstar".  Plus it's got a nice "official" look to it. ;)

On a second note, I agree with everything you said.

this is stupid. Cheaters Pool here i come!

I'm sorry, what did you say? All I saw was your avatar.

iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:01 PM

SO what happened now? Where is the patch? They said today 16/10 but it's 17/10 now. What's going on here?

vosszaa
  • vosszaa

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:02 PM Edited by vosszaa, 16 October 2013 - 10:03 PM.

TLDR

I don't know why people keep making this sort of thread debating what's right and what's wrong when after all, R* is the one who make the decision, not us, and whatever we are trying to say here has ZERO effect to the outcome.

Also, we already have a pinned topic regarding the ban and what not.

Funny, Otter give me a warning point 5 mins after I create another ban topic yesterday while he let this topic lives for 2 pages.

tradami
  • tradami

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:08 PM

TLDR

I don't know why people keep making this sort of thread debating what's right and what's wrong when after all, R* is the one who make the decision, not us, and whatever we are trying to say here has ZERO effect to the outcome.

Funny, Otter give me a warning point 5 mins after I create another ban topic yesterday while he let this topic lives for 2 pages.

This isn't a "ban topic" this is an informative topic regarding the difference between inaccurately used terms on this forum.

Thesyndicatehasarrived
  • Thesyndicatehasarrived

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:16 PM

Broke people like seriously stop hating. Bring back farming(which should be in the game) and people would never glitch. Farming is more fun anyway.

mcmikezr1
  • mcmikezr1

Snitch

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:24 PM Edited by mcmikezr1, 16 October 2013 - 10:25 PM.

when everyone has an adder for doing sh*t, all of a sudden my voltic i earned no longer seems special.... that's how it ruins the game for others. i should be dusting people and enjoying the advatages I EARNED and enjoying the fruits of my labors. but i don't get to.

its like inflation. when you add more money to overall circulation, the value of all money goes down

stringer
  • stringer

Cash Money Millionaire

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:39 PM

And yes, having $10 or $100 million is completely different. Some vehicles cost in excess of $1 million, which means you still have to be careful what you spend. If I had $100 million right now, I could buy every vehicle several times over and still have plenty of spend for years even if I never earned another cent.

It won't ruin the game, per se, but it will definitely keep people from purchasing cash cards. I've already vowed to never buy one if Rockstar doesn't fix the issue, which includes punishing those who took advantage of the glitch. If they don't respect me enough to even out the playing field, then I don't need to give them any more of my money.

If that is your attitude then I wouldn't be surprised if no one in the whole world respects you.

You don't even respect yourself. 

Another example of these disgraceful so-called "men" from today's society. 

Seriously? Everything you say sounds like a little boy. What you said doesn't even make any sense. How did you possibly glean that I don't respect myself from what I just said? How asinine.

The fact that I was a single father for five years after saving my son from an ex-wife who decided to start doing meth, not to mention going through two open heart surgeries when I was 16 without nary a whimper means I have more testosterone in my left pinky than you will ever have, even if you had injections put directly into your buttocks.

Now get back in your locker where the pathetic little nerds belong before I call your mommy and have her take your game away. There is nothing "hard core" about you at all, child.

Stop digging stupid. 

vosszaa
  • vosszaa

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:46 PM

TLDR

This isn't a "ban topic" this is an informative topic regarding the difference between inaccurately used terms on this forum.

I dont think you get my point. You dont need to tell/inform people what is what. R* is the only one who make the decision on what count as exploit what count as farm what count as glitch and ultimately, who should they put in the cheater pool.

Whatever you are trying to inform/tell/say/convince/understand here has ZERO effect on their decision. PERIOD

The only thing you can do is enjoy it while it last and accept the consequences that may come.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:49 PM

Im going to make this the official topic for discussion about farming glitching or cheating. By that I mean any debates or opinions about farming should be kept here. 

I might change the title as well...

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:01 PM

Some of you guys are just beyond stupid.  Doing a money glitch doesn't give you an advantage over other players.  If you have $100M, you still need to rank up to buy things.  Lets say there's 2 rank 3's in a game.  One has $100M, the other has $1.  Who has the advantage?  Nobody.  The only advantage you have is your own skill at the game.  The rank 3 with $100M cant buy a tank and destroy you.  He can only buy pistol ammo.  Big deal.

tradami
  • tradami

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:08 PM Edited by tradami, 16 October 2013 - 11:09 PM.

Can't ban for glitching - They put it in the game!....is the most idiotic thing I've ever heard. Let me break it down for you.

Cheat: To violate rules deliberately. 

Glitch: Glitches/Bugs are software errors that can cause drastic problems within the code, and typically go unnoticed or unsolved during the production of said software. These errors can be game caused or otherwise exploited until a developer/development team repairs them. Not one piece of software is bug-free or otherwise free from errors.

Farm: To consistently and repeatedly do the same thing (mission in this case) over and over again to maximize return. 

Many players don't seem to understand the difference between the above definitions. 

FARMING

Farming is NOT against the rules. However, this can quickly change depending on how it is you decide to farm. The following methods are methods that are against the rules and can be considered as glitching or cheating:

• Using the replay button to replay missions. Rock star was not clear at first on whether replaying missions was intended however it has been cleared up. Source.
  • Using a spectator to replay the mission.
  • Previously pressing R2/RT to replay the mission.
  • Using a glitch to complete the mission faster than intended (blowing up coke)

The following methods are legitimate ways of farming a mission:

• Calling the contact and requesting a job
  • Being invited by another player
  • Using multiple players to all call and request a job from the same contact to increase chances of getting the desired job

GLITCHING

A glitch is a mistake made by the developers. It is NOT intended to be in the game. Exploiting that glitch IS against the rules and can be considered cheating. The following examples are examples of glitches that ARE against the rules:

• LSC selling glitch (Bike glitch)
  • Remove wanted level via pause menu
  • Transfer money via pause menu

LSC GLITCH

For this topic I will go a little further in detail as it seems to be a hot topic among these forums. Using this glitch IS against the rules. Here are the reasons why:

1. You are taking advantage of an error in the programming to benefit yourself and gain an advantage over other players. This gives you the following benefits in a situation where both players are the same level:
    • Can afford better cars
    • Can afford better mods for cars and guns
    • Can (in the future) invest more money in stocks
    • Afford helicopters and other vehicles to better complete missions.
  2. You are getting money for practically free when other players have to either pay for it or earn it.
  3. Whether you like Rockstar cash cards or not, you're stealing money from them. 

SUMMARY

Taking advantage of a mistake in the game is still against the rules. Some glitches are not as severe as others though the severity of the glitch ultimately is determined by Rockstar as well as the punishment. 

I will keep this thread updated with more information as needed.

For more clarification or specifics, refer to the ToS or the Eula

TLDR

I dont think you get my point. You dont need to tell/inform people what is what. R* is the only one who make the decision on what count as exploit what count as farm what count as glitch and ultimately, who should they put in the cheater pool.

Whatever you are trying to inform/tell/say/convince/understand here has ZERO effect on their decision. PERIOD

The only thing you can do is enjoy it while it last and accept the consequences that may come.

Please read the enlarged red text from the quoted post above.

Im going to make this the official topic for discussion about farming glitching or cheating. By that I mean any debates or opinions about farming should be kept here. 

I might change the title as well...

That sounds good, Deffpony. You're more than welcome to change the title.

Some of you guys are just beyond stupid.  Doing a money glitch doesn't give you an advantage over other players.  If you have $100M, you still need to rank up to buy things.  Lets say there's 2 rank 3's in a game.  One has $100M, the other has $1.  Who has the advantage?  Nobody.  The only advantage you have is your own skill at the game.  The rank 3 with $100M cant buy a tank and destroy you.  He can only buy pistol ammo.  Big deal.

While that may be the case at level 3, what about at level 70? Please, do go on.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users