This will be the official thread for discussing your thoughts and opinions on the bad sport system glitching, farming, or cheating, as well as cheaters pools, and bans.
As always keep your posts respectful to other members please.
Credit to tradami
Cheat: To violate rules deliberately.
Glitch: Glitches/Bugs are software errors that can cause drastic problems within the code, and typically go unnoticed or unsolved during the production of said software. These errors can be game caused or otherwise exploited until a developer/development team repairs them. Not one piece of software is bug-free or otherwise free from errors.
Farm: To consistently and repeatedly do the same thing (mission in this case) over and over again to maximize return.
Many players don't seem to understand the difference between the above definitions.
Farming is NOT against the rules. However, this can quickly change depending on how it is you decide to farm. The following methods are methods that are against the rules and can be considered as glitching or cheating:
- Using the replay button to replay missions. Rock star was not clear at first on whether replaying missions was intended however it has been cleared up. Source.
- Using a spectator to replay the mission.
- Previously pressing R2/RT to replay the mission.
- Using a glitch to complete the mission faster than intended (blowing up coke)
The following methods are legitimate ways of farming a mission:
- Calling the contact and requesting a job
- Being invited by another player
- Using multiple players to all call and request a job from the same contact to increase chances of getting the desired job
A glitch is a mistake made by the developers. It is NOT intended to be in the game. Exploiting that glitch IS against the rules and can be considered cheating. The following examples are examples of glitches that ARE against the rules:
- LSC selling glitch (Bike glitch)
- Remove wanted level via pause menu
- Transfer money via pause menu
For this topic I will go a little further in detail as it seems to be a hot topic among these forums. Using this glitch IS against the rules. Here are the reasons why:
- You are taking advantage of an error in the programming to benefit yourself and gain an advantage over other players. This gives you the following benefits in a situation where both players are the same level:
- Can afford better cars
- Can afford better mods for cars and guns
- Can (in the future) invest more money in stocks
- Afford helicopters and other vehicles to better complete missions.
- You are getting money for practically free when other players have to either pay for it or earn it.
- Whether you like Rockstar cash cards or not, you're stealing money from them.
Taking advantage of a mistake in the game is still against the rules. Some glitches are not as severe as others though the severity of the glitch ultimately is determined by Rockstar as well as the punishment.
I will keep this thread updated with more information as needed.
Edited by Deffpony, 3 weeks ago.