» «
Photo

Bad Sport Discussion

1,725 replies to this topic
Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:03 PM Edited by Deffpony, 12 November 2013 - 10:24 PM.

This will be the official thread for discussing your thoughts and opinions on the bad sport system glitching, farming, or cheating, as well as cheaters pools, and bans. 

As always keep your posts respectful to other members please.

Credit to tradami

Cheat: To violate rules deliberately. 

Glitch: Glitches/Bugs are software errors that can cause drastic problems within the code, and typically go unnoticed or unsolved during the production of said software. These errors can be game caused or otherwise exploited until a developer/development team repairs them. Not one piece of software is bug-free or otherwise free from errors.

Farm: To consistently and repeatedly do the same thing (mission in this case) over and over again to maximize return. 

Many players don't seem to understand the difference between the above definitions. 

FARMING

Farming is NOT against the rules. However, this can quickly change depending on how it is you decide to farm. The following methods are methods that are against the rules and can be considered as glitching or cheating:

• Using the replay button to replay missions. Rock star was not clear at first on whether replaying missions was intended however it has been cleared up. Source.
  • Using a spectator to replay the mission.
  • Previously pressing R2/RT to replay the mission.
  • Using a glitch to complete the mission faster than intended (blowing up coke)

The following methods are legitimate ways of farming a mission:

• Calling the contact and requesting a job
  • Being invited by another player
  • Using multiple players to all call and request a job from the same contact to increase chances of getting the desired job

GLITCHING

A glitch is a mistake made by the developers. It is NOT intended to be in the game. Exploiting that glitch IS against the rules and can be considered cheating. The following examples are examples of glitches that ARE against the rules:

• LSC selling glitch (Bike glitch)
  • Remove wanted level via pause menu
  • Transfer money via pause menu

LSC GLITCH

For this topic I will go a little further in detail as it seems to be a hot topic among these forums. Using this glitch IS against the rules. Here are the reasons why:

1. You are taking advantage of an error in the programming to benefit yourself and gain an advantage over other players. This gives you the following benefits in a situation where both players are the same level:
    • Can afford better cars
    • Can afford better mods for cars and guns
    • Can (in the future) invest more money in stocks
    • Afford helicopters and other vehicles to better complete missions.
  2. You are getting money for practically free when other players have to either pay for it or earn it.
  3. Whether you like Rockstar cash cards or not, you're stealing money from them. 

SUMMARY

Taking advantage of a mistake in the game is still against the rules. Some glitches are not as severe as others though the severity of the glitch ultimately is determined by Rockstar as well as the punishment. 

I will keep this thread updated with more information as needed.

For more clarification or specifics, refer to the ToS or the Eula

Handcuffs_Transparent_PNG_by_AbsurdWordP

• Outsight and WiZaNe like this

Tsori
  • Tsori

=AoD= Prospect

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:06 PM

Before anyone posts here, can we all agree that once people are placed in said cheaters pool, and everyone is pointing out how they havent been punished yet still have xxxx mil in their bank, those who have been making such threads have to take a photo so we can see the disappointment and butthurt on their faces?

• PaulDPearl and TheProphet78 like this

muzzis44
  • muzzis44

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:08 PM

I think glitchers of LSC should have two options.

1. Keep everything and go into cheater pool

2. Have their character reset and have to restart over

• Schmange, madmanaz and Tokenut like this

Mr.Piggman
  • Mr.Piggman

CEO of Piggman Industries

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:09 PM

They said "repeat offenses may result in a ban to the cheater pool." They didn't say "We are going to add all the people who did the motorcycle glitch to a cheaters pool." They are just doing damage control for all the people crying about exploiters, not making an official announcement about adding a large group of specific players to a cheaters pool.

Smorty
  • Smorty

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:09 PM

Well the good news is I don't know anyone that hasn't cheated yet so I am not that worried about it.  Me and my friend bought the cash cards the first day ($20) bought apartments and cars and then characters were deleted so screw it.  As for an advantage?  The money doesn't give you an advantage.  Thats crap.  What advantage do you actually get?

• SaGe0927, joyfulwargasm and Colognenigguh like this

Tebryne
  • Tebryne

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:11 PM

I can't wait because I'm going to release so many unreleased glitches it's going to destroy the game and leaderboards.
  • -TommyVercetti- and lukethatyoufear like this

Vindicatum
  • Vindicatum

Godlike

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:11 PM

How do you know if you're in the cheaters' pool?
  • geobst likes this

NXKS
  • NXKS

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:12 PM

They said "repeat offenses may result in a ban to the cheater pool." They didn't say "We are going to add all the people who did the motorcycle glitch to a cheaters pool." They are just doing damage control for all the people crying about exploiters, not making an official announcement about adding a large group of specific players to a cheaters pool.

This. Rockstar never ever ever said a cheaters pool is going to be created. Just that REPEAT OFFENDERS MAY face consequences. 

• JonnoGG likes this

LeoTarred
  • LeoTarred

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:13 PM

If you get to keep everything and just sent to the cheater pool, Is that really bad? Also will there also be a bad sport cheater pool? because to me, a lobby full of people with loads of money, tanks, jets etc going ham sounds pretty fun to me.

• Xcali1985, Darrell_21, Tebryne and 4 others like this

Smorty
  • Smorty

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:17 PM

If you get to keep everything and just sent to the cheater pool, Is that really bad? Also will there also be a bad sport cheater pool? because to me, a lobby full of people with loads of money, tanks, jets etc going ham sounds pretty fun to me.

Yea it doesn't bother me really.  Not that I am going to even go "HAM" on other people because thats not even fun.  You can't buy anything you can't find in the game anyway.. Everything is pretty easy to access with the exception of tanks.

• eric91611 likes this

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

I agree with this. Some players just dont realize the severity of their cheating.

I personally think that Bad Sport players should be able to redeem themselves. There are so many circumstances that could cause a player to be deemed a bad sport unjustly and its not right that they are doomed to these servers forever.

• CoachDub25, bigMARS, blockerman and 2 others like this

MoneyAllDay
  • MoneyAllDay

Rat

• Members

This is a lot of speculation and nothing has been confirmed other than a few email messages from customer service reps? Let's not get ahead of ourselves. 

If they ban people, this forum is to blame for it as anyone, you guys promoted the f*ck out of every single glitch and allowed a platform for all of these glitches/exploits/especially farms. 

• BearBadman likes this

MakeVio
  • MakeVio

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:18 PM

That's how I visioned gta online would be anyways XDD

I don't care if I am sent to the pool or not xD I think it's silly for rockstar to do this. It is their fault. It's also not like having tons of money ruins the game, or gives you some unfair advantage. You have to grind level like everyone else to use the OP shiz xD I think us glitchers should be reset. In all honestly I think EVERYONE should be reset after a certain point. After they add new game content and stuff. To me, this feels like Alpha testing. Us players finding out what's wrong. Then when BETA comes out, you get a reset to figure out whats wrong and have fun in your journey. Then finally down the road, the OFFICIAL release will come out, then a reset again! This is what I think should happen lol. The game is far too buggy for anyone to stay as they are :p I mean even the people who got up to their levels and money legit, how fun can it really still be XD

• CoachDub25 likes this

Smorty
  • Smorty

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:19 PM

I agree with this. Some players just dont realize the severity of their cheating.

I personally think that Bad Sport players should be able to redeem themselves. There are so many circumstances that could cause a player to be deemed a bad sport unjustly and its not right that they are doomed to these servers forever.

So how do other players having an excess amount of money effect you??? I am still trying to find someone to answer that for me.  

• RedGreyGhost and SaGe0927 like this

NXKS
  • NXKS

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:21 PM

Made me think, what if R* just made all those players pay the money back? Like they noticed you glitched a 300,000 adder 10 times so you need to pay back $3,000,000 by cash or selling cars back and you are free

MakeVio
  • MakeVio

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:23 PM

So how do other players having an excess amount of money effect you??? I am still trying to find someone to answer that for me.  

xD I agree, like I said, having money doesn't affect anyone else XD You stlill need to grind levels like everyone else!

• RedGreyGhost likes this

EliasMansour
  • EliasMansour

Car Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:24 PM

Made me think, what if R* just made all those players pay the money back? Like they noticed you glitched a 300,000 adder 10 times so you need to pay back $3,000,000 by cash or selling cars back and you are free

There are over a million players that have done this glitch. There is no way Rockstar is going to punish each and every one of them. I personally think that nothing will be done about this.

• SaGe0927 and diggernicks like this

StarOfStar
  • StarOfStar

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:26 PM

I dont think that we deserve to get in the same "pool" with hackers/modders. What you gonna do with your exploited money against hackers? lol

• CoachDub25 likes this

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:26 PM

xD I agree, like I said, having money doesn't affect anyone else XD You stlill need to grind levels like everyone else!

I posted this in the "economy thread" and it holds just as much value here.

I dont totally agree with OP, but I see where you are coming from.

There is an economy for GTA Online, even though there really arent any PtP transactions. 

If everyone is glitching to get unlimited money, than the whole point of a million dollar car, or paying for airstrikes loses its value. 

If someone sends an airstrike on you then they can obviously afford it. If they earned that cash honestly, it makes this player seem more powerful, and money is power, just like a real life economy. the player he kills will probably be more compelled to start grinding away to earn money and level up so he can be that powerful eventually. 

But if everyone has unlimited money because they cheated, there really is no sense of power, or value on these things. Its a matter of a button press.

• RowanSane and KongArne like this

HiddenStreet
  • HiddenStreet

Super Villain

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:27 PM

Someone answer this question for me:

Why is it that we get bad sport for blowing up people's cars, yet not for killing people on foot?

It surely can't be because of the fees. Because if you think about it, it's more expensive to blow up someone's car than to kill them: the aggravator also chips in towards car replacement, but doesn't have to chip in towards hospital bill...?

We also get bad sport for leaving jobs and races early. So what? What if we need to leave right away due to emergencies, or annoying people in the lobby, racial harassment, verbal harassment, etc.?

Doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

• Growlmon, KingReflex and diggernicks like this

FilipinoNinja67
  • FilipinoNinja67

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:29 PM

Unlimited airstrikes, bounties, tank usage, helicopter usage, and more powerful weapons.

The fact that those tools weren't earned legitimately, yet they're being used against players that have earned their stuff legitly can be upsetting.

I personally don't care, as long as I'm not spawn-killed by anything.
  • Black Rabbit and DeceptiJon like this

LeoTarred
  • LeoTarred

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:31 PM Edited by LeoTarred, 14 October 2013 - 07:33 PM.

Me having loads of money effects no one else. I have an apartment, 3 cars and a nice suit, not a f'ing army at my disposal. If im playing with a crew that are either not fazed by the "stacks" im carrying or have done the glitch themselves then there shouldn't be a problem.

Also, saying anyone who has done the glitch has conned Rockstar out of £x amount of money is utter stupidity. There is nothing whatsoever to say that people who have done the glitch would have purchased microtransaction cards so everything that has been taken is virtual  and will have no effect on their bank account.

• diggernicks likes this

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:32 PM

Unlimited airstrikes, bounties, tank usage, helicopter usage, and more powerful weapons.

The fact that those tools weren't earned legitimately, yet they're being used against players that have earned their stuff legitly can be upsetting.

how is exploiting a bunch of money illegitimate yet buying it from rockstar isn't

only difference is one uses time the other uses money

• HiddenStreet and RedGreyGhost like this

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:32 PM

Someone answer this question for me:

Why is it that we get bad sport for blowing up people's cars, yet not for killing people on foot?

It surely can't be because of the fees. Because if you think about it, it's more expensive to blow up someone's car than to kill them: the aggravator also chips in towards car replacement, but doesn't have to chip in towards hospital bill...?

We also get bad sport for leaving jobs and races early. So what? What if we need to leave right away due to emergencies, or annoying people in the lobby, racial harassment, verbal harassment, etc.?

Doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

I agree with this. they need to refine this feature significantly. Blowing up someones car is part of the game. I think that the insurance costs should be charged entirely to the offender and thats it.

• KongArne likes this

vwnut13
  • vwnut13

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:33 PM

Wouldn't doing the Motorcycle glitch twice make you a repeat offender?

Just asking.

• xMattjhx likes this

Dahpie
  • Dahpie

Russle dem jimmes

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:34 PM

Airstrikes have cooldown, bounties can be annoying. Tanks are OP invincible garbage, helicopters are the most useless thing in this game, powerful weapons doesn't mean anything.

Want to know why, this game is about who can abuse auto aim first for 1 hit kills, not about have powerful weapons. No weapon is more powerful than the stupidity of auto aim.

MoneyAllDay
  • MoneyAllDay

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:36 PM

well,

i'm gonna enjoy it while it lasts, 

i'm gonna annoy the sh*t out of everyone until i'm banned from regular games 

then its time to get into some xbox 1 

• BlammysBane likes this

Smorty
  • Smorty

Player Hater

• Members

I dont totally agree with OP, but I see where you are coming from.

There is an economy for GTA Online, even though there really arent any PtP transactions. 

If everyone is glitching to get unlimited money, than the whole point of a million dollar car, or paying for airstrikes loses its value. 

If someone sends an airstrike on you then they can obviously afford it. If they earned that cash honestly, it makes this player seem more powerful, and money is power, just like a real life economy. the player he kills will probably be more compelled to start grinding away to earn money and level up so he can be that powerful eventually. 

But if everyone has unlimited money because they cheated, there really is no sense of power, or value on these things. Its a matter of a button press.

Ok that is probably the best response that I have seen.  If there was a auction house or trading market then it would be a much bigger deal.  As far as airstrikes.  Leveling up is more important than the money.  Airstrikes have a cooldown and you have to throw down a flare.  I have called Mercenaries on players and they never seem to do anything.  Tanks are probably the only thing and that you can't get to level 80 anyway?  And they are slow.  helicopters can't even lock on or do anything.  You don't need to glitch to have the money to do any of these things anyway.  I had enough before the glitch even existed by leveling up and racing.  This hasn't changed anything as far as the PVP aspect.

FilipinoNinja67
  • FilipinoNinja67

Player Hater

• Members

how is exploiting a bunch of money illegitimate yet buying it from rockstar isn't
only difference is one uses time the other uses money

I didn't say that rockstar's cash cards are legit. I was just explaining why people could be upset with glitch exploiters.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:40 PM

Airstrikes have cooldown, bounties can be annoying. Tanks are OP invincible garbage, helicopters are the most useless thing in this game, powerful weapons doesn't mean anything.

Want to know why, this game is about who can abuse auto aim first for 1 hit kills, not about have powerful weapons. No weapon is more powerful than the stupidity of auto aim.

which is why you play on free aim with the rest of the real men XD

ow and tanks aren't that bad

if they suprise you you're f*cked but it's not hard to find a car that can outrun a tank

• Kinect420 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users