I'm Refusing to Cheat

22 replies to this topic
ThumbRehab
  • ThumbRehab

Denied Access

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:21 PM

Yo! I've been playing this game since GTA III and as we all know the only thing (besides multiplayer) that keeps you occupied when the game is over is mostly searching for hidden objects. Cheats and Tricks have been hot since Mario Bros. but lately I've been trying harder to go hard. In Vice City and San Andreas I was only a few hidden items at a time away from completing the list without looking at an answer sheet before giving up just to find that the items were right under my nose.

Don't get me wrong, cheats are fun but discovering what will or is known as a cheat or trick is thrilling! I'm currently at 90% game completion for GTA V and I'm trying hard to not look at game walkthroughs for hidden items, because they're spoilers, you know like if I told you flat-out that after you find that hidden cult sec near

Spoiler
and defeat all of the "aliens" that Franklin comes out with wristwear on that does not correlate with any of his outfits (what do they mean?) At this point I have found 49 bridges and am looking for the last one, I have about 30 something stunt jumps left and have found 20+ spaceship parts and scrap letters. If you go hard like this you might even take interest in my new crew, if I may, at http://socialclub.ro...m/crew/dc_slang and if you know what I'm getting at then you know why I am going to try and take a "cheat code" diet!

Cheat codes: Hot key codes left in the game by the programmers that used them for testing the game without dying! 

kilo420remix
  • kilo420remix

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:08 PM

kudos to you good sir. I to do my best not to cheat, im 100% in gta 5 but unfortunatly i had to use a guide for the space ship parts.. could only find about 40 of them on my own, same for the letter scraps.. however those were the only times i looked at a guide. Keep up the good work.

DrDetroit
  • DrDetroit

The Center of the Universe.

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:53 PM Edited by DrDetroit, 16 October 2013 - 08:54 PM.

I don't see the point in cheating.  After all, I'm buying the game to actually play it, find all the items myself, defeat the game and kill everything in it with unbelievable/unmatched skill and vigor.  Kinda defeats that purpose imho.

Anyhow, my buddy always kicks on godmode in whatever games he's into and just runs and guns.  I don't get it.

To each his own, I guess.

DrDetroit

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

EZ5

• United-States

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:55 PM

Moved. The cheating section is for the cheaters.

xterrorist
  • xterrorist

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:00 PM

Yah sure, however you enjoy the game is how you should play.

M0B5TA
  • M0B5TA

#swag yolo lolz

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:12 PM

yo werd! go mad hard and legit on dat sh*t dawg

ThumbRehab
  • ThumbRehab

Denied Access

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:17 PM

Ahhh! 90% positive feedback  :^:

HakatoX
  • HakatoX

Yes, This is me......

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:21 PM

Same here. Not even thinking of using a code.

9911MU51C
  • 9911MU51C

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:05 PM

whats with the whole "cheating is bad and weak!" stigma? I've beat the game and when I feel like screwing around I use the cheats.

MikeyB
  • MikeyB

Floppy Member

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:57 PM

I refuse to spend time systematically looking for objects. 200 pigeons in GTA IV was more than enough, spaceship/submarine parts & letter scraps. No thanks.

If I find them while naturally having fun then ok, but I will not spend time searching.

ThumbRehab
  • ThumbRehab

Denied Access

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:02 PM Edited by eC.011loc, 16 October 2013 - 11:08 PM.

whats with the whole "cheating is bad and weak!" stigma? I've beat the game and when I feel like screwing around I use the cheats.

It's not bad or weak at all, I just don't want to get a game and before trying to solve it look at an answer grid. It defeats the purpose of the game being intriguing, I mean if that was the case the game would come with a decoder right? For example, when you're in the game and you can't pass a mission and you get the option to 'skip' it. I think cheats and tricks are cool as long as they're CHEATS: ways of playing outside of any rules implied or direct and TRICKS: ways of playing that bypass the stated way of playing. Me stating this is in no way at all a revolt, I'm mostly just leaning towards not using cheat codes during unfinished gameplay!

Vorpax
  • Vorpax

Hustler

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:11 PM Edited by Vorpax, 16 October 2013 - 11:15 PM.

So you're not completely against the whole concept of cheat codes, what i got by reading your post is that you're against the idea of cheating the game by spoiling fun and killing exploration/discovery factor! But what about when you found everything, completed every mission and literally cleared the whole game from everything? Would you use cheats in that case just to screw around killing time causing mayhem and destruction?...Because in my case for example, when i finish any open world game like GTA i just kill things around there without any goal, just to satisfy "killer inside me" or as a healing therapy after frustrating and stressful day at work! Nothing fits better than blowing sh*t up in a meaningless and limitless killing spree and thus cheats come in handy for these kind of situations!

• high91 likes this

ThumbRehab
  • ThumbRehab

Denied Access

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:27 PM

So you're not completely against the whole concept of cheat codes, what i got by reading your post is that you're against the idea of cheating the game by spoiling fun and killing exploration/discovery factor! But what about when you found everything, completed every mission and literally cleared the whole game from everything? Would you use cheats in that case just to screw around killing time causing mayhem and destruction?...Because in my case for example, when i finish any open world game like GTA i just kill things around there without any goal, just to satisfy "killer inside me" or as a healing therapy after frustrating and stressful day at work! Nothing fits better than blowing sh*t up in a meaningless and limitless killing spree and thus cheats come in handy for these kind of situations!

Oh no! By all means load the code!

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:32 PM

Totally agree OP, I don't use game guides because I may as well pay someone to play the game for me at that point.

I'm currently searching for hidden packages/letter scraps/etc and loving every second of it.

FJack
  • FJack

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:03 AM

I can't imagine driving like a maniac to lose the heat while knowing I can't be killed. It would just ruin that feeling that... that "i'm the only girl in the world" feeling.know what I mean?

As for searching for stuff. I only do that with my GF navigating, she uses the guide and I drive... its great fun and helps for real roadtrips since she learns how to properly use a map / gps ;)

Costar
  • Costar

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:14 AM

Yep well I'm probably @ 6% :lol:
There is too much to do in RL and I guess subconsciously I'm really making the game last...

I havent looked at walk-throughs or cheats for gameplay. I've used cheats during a non-save session for sure. When I wanted to go back and take out a gang of thugs that, along w/ cops wasted me prior... I used the 5 min invincibility and the weapons. I also used that when I dropped a buzzard into the prison @ night to see what it was like. Some things you just cant explore thoroughly w/out invincibility. :D

Online cheaters in any game  :miranda:  If they want to go to a separate room & cheat against each other fine but not against non-cheating players.

For offline - PC versions of games, I def like mods/trainers for game play enhancement.

If I were really stuck w/ finding or doing something, I would not feel bad about asking someone for help. It can mean the diff between a dozen frustrating tries @ something & progressing to the next objective as expected. It wont make any difference if you try a 1000 times, if each time, you're doing it all wrong!

ThumbRehab
  • ThumbRehab

Denied Access

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:00 AM

I refuse to spend time systematically looking for objects. 200 pigeons in GTA IV was more than enough, spaceship/submarine parts & letter scraps. No thanks.

If I find them while naturally having fun then ok, but I will not spend time searching.

Yeah, I gave up on the pigeons even after the map was posted at the end of the game! I think that even made it worse! All of these posts have good reasons to use and not to use cheats.

fish61324
  • fish61324

Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:05 AM

Yah sure, however you enjoy the game is how you should play.

Exactly... you get this self-righteous a-holes (the OP) coming on here writing like they know the best way to play a video game. Like they are better than anyone who plays differently than them. I never used cheats for GTA IV or GTA V, why? Because that is how I enjoy those games. I did, however, use cheats for San Andreas because that is how I enjoyed that game.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilited Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:23 AM

i havent used a cheat code, not even in unsaved games.

as for the walkthroughs/guides for hidden things, they are just necessary because you simply wont find all the letter scraps or the ufo parts without help. believe me, they placed those things in places you wont even imagine.

i likw to play the game like the old days, no guides, no cheats but this modern games are kinda ment to be played with a guide.

ThumbRehab
  • ThumbRehab

Denied Access

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:29 AM

i havent used a cheat code, not even in unsaved games.

as for the walkthroughs/guides for hidden things, they are just necessary because you simply wont find all the letter scraps or the ufo parts without help. believe me, they placed those things in places you wont even imagine.

i likw to play the game like the old days, no guides, no cheats but this modern games are kinda ment to be played with a guide.

I hear that, I just found out that the answers that I was ducking are closer than I thought, they're on one of the websites in the game! :Must resist!:

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:58 AM

Im the same way, not cheating or using guides to find anything. So far im doing it all without the in game radar, so you can explore while doing missions as well.

morphpogo
  • morphpogo

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:06 AM

I usually never use any cheat codes or exploits in games or guides. The only exception are hard to find collectibles like the spaceship parts or letters. In such a huge world as in GTA V and considering some locations are really just near impossible to find by accident, I probably would have never reached 100% without a guide.

LRW
  • LRW

Chubster

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:22 AM

....I probably would have never reached 100% without a guide.

And that matters why? I've never understood the fascination with having to get 100%.

I never bother with pigeons or letter scraps or the like...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users