WTF is wrong with the LS Customs App?

9 replies to this topic
tch2296
  • tch2296

Giant Siberian Priest Just Chillin'

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:20 PM

So i got the companion iFruit app for my iPhone and it sucks major balls. First of all, in story mode, how do you designate a vehicle as "your vehicle"? There is no logical way to do it. Doesn't matter what I park in my home's garage, most of the time it's a totally random car when I look at my "garage" in the LS Customs section of the iFruit app.

Today, at work, I customized an Annis Elegy RH8 totally, then logged on to play today all pumped to try out my new car. First of all, when I went to my home, I had a Bravado Buffao in the garage, with no Elegy to be seen anywhere.

So first I went back to the big garage and spawned a new one (bonus content), drove it to LS Customs, and it didn't recognize the upgrades or have anything set up, even though when I boot up the game it says "Your order has been processed! Come to LS Customs to get ur car et etc!". It even sent me text messages for it!

So THEN I went to the impound, figuring that it had to be "my personal" Elegy RH8 for it to work. I paid to get the car out, drove it to LS Customs, with the same f*cking result. Just how the f*ck did Rockstar make such an amazing game yet totally f*ck up such a basic app? There isn't even a way to designate which car you want to customize. It's such a stupid system.

Has anyone else decoded this craptic app? I'm about to delete it altogether.

kingzapata22
  • kingzapata22

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:24 PM

man i havnt had that problem but i do have problems of cars disapearing tho  but i have a new problem lol but can u help at all thx.... im having problems with the letter scraps,  im at the spot and hear the paper noise but the letter itself not there??? plz help

tch2296
  • tch2296

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:15 PM

man i havnt had that problem but i do have problems of cars disapearing tho  but i have a new problem lol but can u help at all thx.... im having problems with the letter scraps,  im at the spot and hear the paper noise but the letter itself not there??? plz help

Sorry but I honestly don't understand what you are trying to ask me...Does anyone know why LS Customs doesn't work or why I can't understand how it does work? So confusing and frustrating

tch2296
  • tch2296

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:30 PM

Nobody?

foxmulder1984
  • foxmulder1984

Daddy's Back

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:12 AM

I have yet to be able to access the iFruit app since pre-release. I really want custom plates...The other guy was talking about the 50 Pages you have to find scattered around LS for a side mission, totally out of the blue lol. Hopefully Rockstar fixes these issues and the App will work like it should.

B.v.A.
  • B.v.A.

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:55 PM

Soo android got the app after 4 weeks..but it says i have cars online in the app that i dont have anymore?a bike in my garage is not seen in the app??what too doo i want mi custom plate on mi bike..

BGModder
  • BGModder

Lola's Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:36 PM

lmao

Why not just make your own thread instead of trying to hijack OP's?

tch2296
  • tch2296

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:44 AM

lmao

Why not just make your own thread instead of trying to hijack OP's?

Haha it was like the most random hijack ever: "Oh haven't had that problem dude, but I was wondering if you could help me out with this!" (Of course with 4th-grade level grammar). Haha jk dude sorry I can't help with the scraps or whatever you were trying to ask.

Is anyone having the same issues I am with this app? I am beginning to suspect what whichever car you've beeb driving around the most becomes "your car" in the story mode and is the only one you can upgrade using the LS Customs app, at least the way it is now. It seems totally random, sometimes it's the character's normal car (like Franklin's buffalo), then I'll load a game and his car will be a Coquette that I happened to steal last night and have only owned for 1 hour...doesn't make sense!

Midnightz
  • Midnightz

Populus vult decipi.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:30 AM

I don't get it either.

LS Customs... For me, all it does is show me 1 primary vehicle for each character and whatever mods they have. The custom plate feature has NEVER worked. At first launch, I edited my plate name and it registered as that but never loads as that and if I try to change it back, it tells me the name I selected is already taken. (By me, lol).

The Chop app should do those tasks in-game, period. Stupidest thing I've ever seen.

Life Invader? Blah, should give those options on the in-game phone, period.

I fail to see the point if it completely. I mean, if they'd put a bawsaq stock ticker in it, that would make sense or some way to message online friends, that would be fun. But this thing, I don't get it.

I think it's just a way for Rockstar to advertise GTA V and spy on their players' tastes in games/apps, lol.

tch2296
  • tch2296

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:53 PM

Yeah why not at least include stock prices from the BAWSAQ market? Well, technically you CAN see them form the iFruit app - you just have to access the Social Club from it. There should definitely be a stock portfolio option on the main screen where you can check stocks, purchase and sell stocks, and a decent analysis of your portfolio.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users