Photo

I Don't Understand...Buying Supercars

73 replies to this topic
JubeiDOK
  • JubeiDOK

Westsiiiide!

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:20 PM

Ya, I gotta agree with you here. I was thinking the exact same thing the first time I tried to take a Viper home to the garage, I thought it was GRAND THEFT AUTO.

And money doesn't mean sh*t anyways, so I really don't get that argument form people. Helloooo, it's not real!

What a sh*tty argument. Just because it isn't "real" doesn't mean it has no value. Why the f*ck are you playing the game that you paid for then if everything in it is not "real" and of no value. Did you just spend $60 for a shiny disc?

I think you need to learn to stop playing games as a way to try and accomplish something in life. Strive for something a little more tangible. I play my games for entertainment, just like watching a movie or TV show. All that matters is if that time spent was fun and entertaining, not the amount of money in my virtual bank account. So far my $60 has been well spent.

Can you imagine if we started having Movie Watching Leaderboards? I think I'd be pretty high up there, I'm really f*cking good at watching movies!!!

iSkreenLooker
  • iSkreenLooker

Homie

• Awaiting Authorisation

I don't understand why in a game titled Grand Theft Auto, that I have to buy the super cars and some bikes, etc.  In the game my character's role is that of a criminal, so why do I have to be legit to own a supercar?

The game missions have us steal drugs, weapons, cargo planes, etc...but I can't jack a Lambo driving down the street and sell it for cash or keep it and modify it. :facedesk:

I was really excited about the online version, especially when I found out you could jack cars and sell them to LSC for cash...until I found out about all the restrictions.

To be fast like in 60 seconds.

maxpowah
  • maxpowah

Crackhead

• Members

Dont you want to be that cargo plane-stealing, drug-dealing, king of the streets criminal warlord who had to steal a Super Car?

Can you imagine the other criminals kingpins seeing you driving down the street?  "Yeah I heard about him breaking into the military base, but the f*cker is so cheap he had to steal his Infernus.  And he painted it BROWN because it was the cheapest color."

Lmao.

ScruffySean
  • ScruffySean

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:21 PM

The system they have in place kind of makes sense to me. If I were to steal an infernus from some one, realistically that would be a pretty rare car and people would definitely notice me driving around. The way it is now I can hand the cop the title when he pulls over my super car and tell him how I am an upstanding member of the community who buys things legit. 

VESIUS
  • VESIUS

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:22 PM Edited by VESIUS, 16 October 2013 - 07:23 PM.

I honestly don't understand why so many gamers are against progression now.

^ This right here.

It's just this generation. Look at the stupid and pathetic people of Occupy Wall Street. Thinking they should just sit there and the Gov. should give them everything. So dumb.

Photoman
  • Photoman

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:22 PM

The system they have in place kind of makes sense to me. If I were to steal an infernus from some one, realistically that would be a pretty rare car and people would definitely notice me driving around. The way it is now I can hand the cop the title when he pulls over my super car and tell him how I am an upstanding member of the community who buys things legit. 

And how exactly did you get the money to buy it legit?

VESIUS
  • VESIUS

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:24 PM

Because, in the real world OP, it's probably a little easier to get away with stealing and sell off parts to a honda civic as opposed to a Lamborghini or Ferrari.

Easier yes, but the payout on the more expensive cars would be better since it would be harder...right?

Obviously, however they are $500,000 cars. They don't just go missing, and if you think that, you're an idiot. 

Photoman
  • Photoman

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:27 PM

Because, in the real world OP, it's probably a little easier to get away with stealing and sell off parts to a honda civic as opposed to a Lamborghini or Ferrari.

Easier yes, but the payout on the more expensive cars would be better since it would be harder...right?

Obviously, however they are $500,000 cars. They don't just go missing, and if you think that, you're an idiot. 

I'm an idiot for thinking in a Game Titled Grand Theft Auto, that I should be able to steal a supercar and sell it....OKAY!

Chaos-Elite
  • Chaos-Elite

Seeker

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:29 PM

^ This right here.

It's just this generation. Look at the stupid and pathetic people of Occupy Wall Street. Thinking they should just sit there and the Gov. should give them everything. So dumb.

There's no connection whatsoever. You seem to have missed the point of OWS. It was a protest against the greed that is destroying the world and causing the suffering of hundreds of millions of people all over the world. Why even bring that subject up when you are clearly ignorant about it?

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:34 PM

That's because they have added Goals/Carrots/Motivators in the Game, something to Strive after.

Main reason is so you cannot get the Best/Shiniest Car right from the get-go after Tutorial and nothing to work for.

That's how MMOs work, Items/Perks you strive after to achieve/unlock.

Given everything from the start = No content after lvl 10.

VESIUS
  • VESIUS

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:40 PM

^ This right here.

There's no connection whatsoever. You seem to have missed the point of OWS. It was a protest against the greed that is destroying the world and causing the suffering of hundreds of millions of people all over the world. Why even bring that subject up when you are clearly ignorant about it?

Lol, it was anything but.. OWS was just a bunch of poor people, criminals, and beggers getting together to try and get themselves some free stuff. Look up some of the interviews with these stupid "leaders" of OWS, They claim to want the Government to pay for all their essential needs such as food and housing, how pathetic.

FRAIZER
  • FRAIZER

Made in the '80s

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA Online]

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:46 PM

...Money has no purpose, so don't let that be an excuse. A nice percentage of people that play the game have glitched into the tens and hundreds of millions.

Cars no longer have a rarity. It's not uncommon to see a tank. It's not uncommon to see a fully modded Lambo driven by a level 100+.

I'm not slamming glitchers - play how you want. But don't think it's some prestigious thing that was "earned."

Honestly, you must have done something to get into the dunce/cheaters pool, because I haven't seen a single session with a tank or a bunch of super cars, let alone both.

Besides, I have fun saving up for a super car. And I know when I am finally able to get one, it will be an accomplishment for myself. I couldn't give less of a sh*t what other people do to get their car, I know that I am having fun getting mine.

Chaos-Elite
  • Chaos-Elite

Seeker

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:50 PM Edited by Chaos-Elite, 16 October 2013 - 07:53 PM.

^ This right here.

Lol, it was anything but.. OWS was just a bunch of poor people, criminals, and beggers getting together to try and get themselves some free stuff. Look up some of the interviews with these stupid "leaders" of OWS, They claim to want the Government to pay for all their essential needs such as food and housing, how pathetic.

What's pathetic is the corruption in governments and the financial industries, legalized thieves and economic terrorists.

Lagful
  • Lagful

Certified Fresh

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:57 PM

Ya, I gotta agree with you here. I was thinking the exact same thing the first time I tried to take a Viper home to the garage, I thought it was GRAND THEFT AUTO.

And money doesn't mean sh*t anyways, so I really don't get that argument form people. Helloooo, it's not real!

What a sh*tty argument. Just because it isn't "real" doesn't mean it has no value. Why the f*ck are you playing the game that you paid for then if everything in it is not "real" and of no value. Did you just spend $60 for a shiny disc?

I think you need to learn to stop playing games as a way to try and accomplish something in life. Strive for something a little more tangible. I play my games for entertainment, just like watching a movie or TV show. All that matters is if that time spent was fun and entertaining, not the amount of money in my virtual bank account. So far my $60 has been well spent.

Can you imagine if we started having Movie Watching Leaderboards? I think I'd be pretty high up there, I'm really f*cking good at watching movies!!!

No idea who's ass you pulled that first part from. According to your first quote, something has no meaning if it isn't real. How are YOU then getting entertainment from playing the game if you aren't REALLY doing the activities. You aren't actually shooting people, you aren't really doing the driving, and you certainly aren't building up the money to obtain the higher end equipment to improve gameplay... ya know... since it all isn't REAL!

CarIJohnson
  • CarIJohnson

Grove Street Families

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:59 PM

Personally I don't even want one really. If I want one I'll just 'borrow' one. I'm only really interested in trucks, bikes, rares and classics. Maybe one day if I have millions and a space in my garage I'll get one, but it's not the most exciting thing for me.

O RLY?

Wherewolf
  • Wherewolf

Fak u

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:03 PM

You have no concept of value.

ryan_J
  • ryan_J

GTA FOR LIFE !

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:03 PM

Here's the facts... It isn't realistic to be able to sell high end cars to a chop shop and get away with it, rockstar decided to go with realism in this case and there's nothing we can do about it whether we agree with there choice or not.

Boom that's pretty much it, debate over with, I don't know why the hell people are getting so personal, criticising peoples life goals and sh*t! Some of you really need to just stop and think about what you're typing. 

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:05 PM

^ This right here.

Have either of you ever been to O.W.S.?

Pitch~Black
  • Pitch~Black

Peon

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:05 PM

I agree in part with the OP. I understand why R* made it so that we can't just swipe these cars and make them our own on day one. It sucks, honestly, and I won't pretend it doesn't chaff my arse every time I come across a decent car in the game, knowing stealing it (which is what our characters, you know, do) is pointless. But I get why it's designed that way. I don't get, however, why we can't sell them. Not for hundreds of thousands or more like they are worth, but maybe $20k. Not a game breaking amount, but something to get a little excited about when you come across one (as opposed to the very not criminal thinking of "gee, I wish I could buy one of those"). I don't know about anyone else, but I don't come across these beauties online all that often.

I just think that for characters who are car thiefs every vehicle should be fair game. If our online criminal escapades are about to leap forward into heists potentially making us real bank, why are we getting cock-blocked over selling a fancy sports car? These cars are supposed to be what any self-respecting car thief would aspire to stealing.

• Photoman likes this

Tantrix
  • Tantrix

Trick

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:06 PM

Because then owning these cars would be of no real value or rarity.

As if they are rare now?  What R* should have done was make them steal-able, just make the odds of seeing one next to zero.  Then, you always have the chance of catching one on street somewhere.  Imagine being a poor guy with only 25k or so saved up, and one night cruising through a neighborhood you pass an Entity and manage to steal it, lose heat, then put a tracker on it.

• Photoman likes this

Chaos-Elite
  • Chaos-Elite

Seeker

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:12 PM

Personally I don't even want one really. If I want one I'll just 'borrow' one. I'm only really interested in trucks, bikes, rares and classics. Maybe one day if I have millions and a space in my garage I'll get one, but it's not the most exciting thing for me.

O RLY?

yarly-34109.jpg

I'm more excited about finding a Ratloader.  :lol:

Mike12888
  • Mike12888

Lethal Dancer

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:42 PM

I think you need to learn what progression is. That is how you get longevity out of your $60 purchase. The game will last longer if you have to work towards things rather than being handed everything. Its really that simple, and it is alarming how that to you is "a way to try and accomplish something in life." 

The money does have value, because it allows you to unlock more parts of the game (i.e. driving a nice car, owning an expensive apartment). R* knows this, which is why you can pay /real/ money for it. 

tigo132
  • tigo132

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:44 PM

I stole a hooker once.

JubeiDOK
  • JubeiDOK

Westsiiiide!

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:46 PM

I think you need to learn what progression is. That is how you get longevity out of your $60 purchase. The game will last longer if you have to work towards things rather than being handed everything. Its really that simple, and it is alarming how that to you is "a way to try and accomplish something in life." 

The money does have value, because it allows you to unlock more parts of the game (i.e. driving a nice car, owning an expensive apartment). R* knows this, which is why you can pay /real/ money for it. 

I work towards things in the real world, that's my grind. Now, if you can't play a game and have fun without such gimmicky game mechanics, that's on you, not me.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:47 PM

It's very easy to understand WHY it is like that. :)

There always has to be some Items/Perks/Things that people have to work for, ie progression.

If it were so you could have it all by day 1 without effort, nobody would purchase these Cash Cards either.

If you REALLY must have the best apartment/Vehicle from day 1, the cash cards are what enables you to do that without having to play through content.

Would also love to see more content implemented that you cannot get via monetary means.

Rozestylez
  • Rozestylez

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:48 PM

If you could just steal everything for yourself then money would have no purpose.

This.

Harmful Ninja
  • Harmful Ninja

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:50 PM

What are you talking about? Nothing stops you from stealing high end cars. I've stolen plenty of high end super cars, including the Adder.

ThatGr
  • ThatGr

Pimp

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:52 PM

I preferred GTA IVs mode of finding games and stuff via the phone and selecting cops and robbers etc.

I also preferred GTA IVs true free mode

J DawgMillenium
  • J DawgMillenium

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:52 PM

If you could just steal everything for yourself then money would have no purpose.

you do know the only purpose money has right now is to RESTRICT us from fully enjoying the game. this is in hopes of increasing the games life and micro transactions.

The campaign has a money system, and I do not see the option to purchase the in-game currency with real money.

FarVision
  • FarVision

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:18 PM

I'm only against it because now EVERYONE does it.  I enjoyed GTA4.  I enjoyed Total Annihilation.  I enjoyed Battlefield Vietnam.  Not every single f-ing thing has to have Kill 5000 Spleens to get This Flashlight Unlock!!11!

• B Dawg likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users