Photo

I Don't Understand...Buying Supercars

73 replies to this topic
Photoman
  • Photoman

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:51 PM

I don't understand why in a game titled Grand Theft Auto, that I have to buy the super cars and some bikes, etc.  In the game my character's role is that of a criminal, so why do I have to be legit to own a supercar?

The game missions have us steal drugs, weapons, cargo planes, etc...but I can't jack a Lambo driving down the street and sell it for cash or keep it and modify it. :facedesk:

I was really excited about the online version, especially when I found out you could jack cars and sell them to LSC for cash...until I found out about all the restrictions.

• JustOneMonth likes this

Lagful
  • Lagful

Certified Fresh

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:55 PM Edited by Lagful, 16 October 2013 - 06:57 PM.

If you could just steal everything for yourself then money would have no purpose.
  • VESIUS likes this

Chaos-Elite
  • Chaos-Elite

Seeker

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:56 PM Edited by Chaos-Elite, 16 October 2013 - 06:58 PM.

Personally I don't even want one really. If I want one I'll just 'borrow' one. I'm only really interested in trucks, bikes, rares and classics. Maybe one day if I have millions and a space in my garage I'll get one, but it's not the most exciting thing for me.

• ShinobiFixer likes this

Photoman
  • Photoman

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:57 PM

If you could just steal everything then money would have no purpose.

Yeah it would, because I can't steal those medical bill payments.

yakuza warlord
  • yakuza warlord

Always outnumbered, never outgunned.

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:59 PM

Dont you want to be that cargo plane-stealing, drug-dealing, king of the streets criminal warlord who had to steal a Super Car?

Can you imagine the other criminals kingpins seeing you driving down the street?  "Yeah I heard about him breaking into the military base, but the f*cker is so cheap he had to steal his Infernus.  And he painted it BROWN because it was the cheapest color."

• maxpowah, wallpaper42 and crashhat69 like this

Lagful
  • Lagful

Certified Fresh

• Members
  • None

But that gives no incentive for players to stack up money.

meetreez
  • meetreez

Peon

• Members

That's a fail argument. Money has been placed in this game as a reward. The more jobs you do, the more money you have, the more cool things you can buy. If you could just steal everything, and get everything for free, this game would be extremely boring.

• TatezMcgatez likes this

ZeroDemon
  • ZeroDemon

Zero420

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:00 PM

Because then owning these cars would be of no real value or rarity.

• TatezMcgatez and wallpaper42 like this

meetreez
  • meetreez

Peon

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:00 PM

Dont you want to be that cargo plane-stealing, drug-dealing, king of the streets criminal warlord who had to steal a Super Car?

Can you imagine the other criminals kingpins seeing you driving down the street?  "Yeah I heard about him breaking into the military base, but the f*cker is so cheap he had to steal his Infernus.  And he painted it BROWN because it was the cheapest color."

LMFAO!!! I actually LOL'd

Photoman
  • Photoman

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:01 PM Edited by Photoman, 16 October 2013 - 07:03 PM.

:lol:

*When I respray a car for Simeon I always do the cheapest color!

• ShinobiFixer likes this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Fast Way To Live, Fast Way To Die

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:01 PM

In IV, all money was good for was more clothing and a nice rank number next to your name. You had everything unlocked, everything available so you could have fun, and it never got boring. In V, It's all about getting it only to lose it, and that's where microtransactions will come in.

• M210F likes this

Lagful
  • Lagful

Certified Fresh

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:03 PM

I honestly don't understand why so many gamers are against progression now.
  • meetreez and wallpaper42 like this

meetreez
  • meetreez

Peon

• Members

In IV, all money was good for was more clothing and a nice rank number next to your name. You had everything unlocked, everything available so you could have fun, and it never got boring. In V, It's all about getting it only to lose it, and that's where microtransactions will come in.

Don't die so often. Then you won't lose so much. Really, most of my expenses are from buying ammunition, and the odd medical bill. It's nothing to complain about, unless you're really bad.

ZeroDemon
  • ZeroDemon

Zero420

• Members

I honestly don't understand why so many gamers are against progression now.

^ This right here.

• VESIUS likes this

Lagful
  • Lagful

Certified Fresh

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:06 PM

Lose what? You don't lose property, guns, vehicles, anything once you buy them besides the bugs that haven't been ironed out yet. Not sure where you're getting that from.

JubeiDOK
  • JubeiDOK

Westsiiiide!

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:06 PM

Ya, I gotta agree with you here. I was thinking the exact same thing the first time I tried to take a Viper home to the garage, I thought it was GRAND THEFT AUTO.

And money doesn't mean sh*t anyways, so I really don't get that argument form people. Helloooo, it's not real!

Hopefully, further down the road these restrictions will be lifted or at least have Simeon asking for a proper booster list of like 50 cars that the server can work towards knocking off one at a time. Then when the order has been met, you got to wait x amount of time before another booster list is posted. (Yes, a la Gone In 60 Seconds). Also, if you make the cars really rare and hard to find, like only one of each on the map, it should take quite a while for them all to be gathered.

• JustOneMonth and Photoman like this

Elemental716
  • Elemental716

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:08 PM

So your saying criminals dont own nice expensive cars?

aurther61287
  • aurther61287

Hustler

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:09 PM

If you could just steal everything for yourself then money would have no purpose.

you do know the only purpose money has right now is to RESTRICT us from fully enjoying the game. this is in hopes of increasing the games life and micro transactions. 

anytime they allow microtransactions in a game they are saying money shouldnt have a purpose in this game anyway. because you shouldnt be able to buy yourself an advantage.

JubeiDOK
  • JubeiDOK

Westsiiiide!

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:10 PM Edited by JubeiDOK, 16 October 2013 - 07:12 PM.

That's a fail argument. Money has been placed in this game as a reward. The more jobs you do, the more money you have, the more cool things you can buy. If you could just steal everything, and get everything for free, this game would be extremely boring.

Oh, you mean like half the community that cheesed their way to large sums of money? Ya, I'm sure it was a blast for them to do the same thing over and over again, must of kept the game really fresh and exciting.

People choose the easy way out anyways, just give it to them. Enough with this bullsh*t style of game design that turns our entertainment into a chore(for many).

Lagful
  • Lagful

Certified Fresh

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:11 PM

Ya, I gotta agree with you here. I was thinking the exact same thing the first time I tried to take a Viper home to the garage, I thought it was GRAND THEFT AUTO.

And money doesn't mean sh*t anyways, so I really don't get that argument form people. Helloooo, it's not real!

What a sh*tty argument. Just because it isn't "real" doesn't mean it has no value. Why the f*ck are you playing the game that you paid for then if everything in it is not "real" and of no value. Did you just spend $60 for a shiny disc?

damian001
  • damian001

Vice City fanboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:11 PM

Expensive cars in real life have tracking devices on them too.. If you played the game for more than 10 minutes (or if you can read), the game would've told you that no rich idiot is gonna buy a car that good without some sort of security device on it. 

Besides GTA Online would suck if all the noobs like OP were driving around in Lambos 24/7

SilencedScream
  • SilencedScream

Masked Maniacal Man Mass Murders Millions, Maybe, Man

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:13 PM

...Money has no purpose, so don't let that be an excuse. A nice percentage of people that play the game have glitched into the tens and hundreds of millions.

Cars no longer have a rarity. It's not uncommon to see a tank. It's not uncommon to see a fully modded Lambo driven by a level 100+.

I'm not slamming glitchers - play how you want. But don't think it's some prestigious thing that was "earned."

damian001
  • damian001

Vice City fanboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:13 PM Edited by damian001, 16 October 2013 - 07:14 PM.

you do know the only purpose money has right now is to RESTRICT us from fully enjoying the game. this is in hopes of increasing the games life and micro transactions. 

anytime they allow microtransactions in a game they are saying money shouldnt have a purpose in this game anyway. because you shouldnt be able to buy yourself an advantage.

Wrong, microtransactions are in the game for noobs (like you) who complain about having to make money via missions.

Masochron
  • Masochron

Captive Soul

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:16 PM

I don't even want a supercar. Everybody else already has one anyway, so I'm not going to bother.

stocksyuto
  • stocksyuto

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:16 PM

Its a money sink thats all

Photoman
  • Photoman

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:17 PM

Cars in real life with security devices still get stolen.  And if we have to buy the expensive stuff then they could at least lift all the restrictions on making money.

irishsm0ke
  • irishsm0ke

Outlaw

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:18 PM

Because, in the real world OP, it's probably a little easier to get away with stealing and sell off parts to a honda civic as opposed to a Lamborghini or Ferrari.

Masochron
  • Masochron

Captive Soul

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:19 PM

1 million dollars for an adder? Yeah...no thanks lol.

VESIUS
  • VESIUS

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:19 PM

This. It's kind of common sense why you can't just steal everything. Plus they are SUPERCARS. People pay hundreds of thousands for them, they certainly aren't just going to go "missing". Now stop crying child.

Photoman
  • Photoman

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:20 PM

Because, in the real world OP, it's probably a little easier to get away with stealing and sell off parts to a honda civic as opposed to a Lamborghini or Ferrari.

Easier yes, but the payout on the more expensive cars would be better since it would be harder...right?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users