Photo

Bad Sport (it's worse than we thought)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic
fish61324
  • fish61324

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:05 PM Edited by fish61324, 16 October 2013 - 06:07 PM.

yeah yeah, I know... "There are already tons of threads about this". 

But I thought I'd let people know just how bad this problem is.. (so be warned)

Ok, my online race record is 52-84, death match 2-2, parachute 4-6, Golf 1-0, 3-0 arm wrestling, I have done other competitive missions such as the "Top Fun" missions and several other ones. I have probably done around 10-15 of those types of missions. That gives a total of 164 (low balling the competitive missions just to make sure I don't favor my numbers) 

I have done a lot of those NPC missions (lester, martin, gerald, etc...) I have done about 10 of those with random people and the others I have ONLY done with my wife or by my self (probably around 80 missions total... I found a list of all the missions and counted the ones I did, and I also repeated some).

I NEVER play online in free roam with other people. It's always invite only (I hate the way free roam is set up, but that's off subject). So I have done nothing "Bad Sport-ish" in free roam, ever.

ok, so between my 164 online matches and the 80 missions that's a total of 244 (and that's a low estimate). The real number is  actually higher.

I have been keeping track of every time I quit out of a session with other people (including my wife) because I am afraid of this Bad Sport thing and not being able to play with my wife online (I have read how other people can no longer get connected to their friends because they are a bad sport and their friend is not)

Ok, so here is how bad it is (al though there is good news). I have quit out of 5 secessions exactly. So that's 0.02% of the sessions I have quit out of. Here is the good news though... I'm not a "Bad Sport"...... But I did get a message (No, not the one that's pops up at the top left of the screen that says something along the lines of.... "you quit, if you continue you will be a bad sport" when you quit a session).  The message I got said "You are being a bad sport, if you continue, you will be punished".

0.02%!!! and I get a warning. Less than 1%... less than Half a percent. That's ridiculous.  

I know it was just a warning, but still... 0.02%??? Come on R*.... now I'm scared to play online with other people incase something happens (phone call, door bell, have to leave suddenly, internet drops out, etc..)  I'm afraid if I quit 5 times in my next 244 sessions, I'll become a bad sport. 

not to mention I've been getting those $1,000 good sport rewards periodically. I just don't get it.

• omer19992010 and biggsull like this

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:15 PM Edited by biggsull, 16 October 2013 - 06:18 PM.

The whole bad sport thing is a little extreme, from someone who has never been one for fear of AFK leeches in missions.

The other day I was hunting down bounties, in my car, with a gun... purposely trying not to damage vehicles and everything.. just doing some legit pvp for cash that other players have put up, purely so Id go after it.

What happens? A few people who have bounties agreed in private to kick me from the game so they could just play and not have to worry about their bounty some other player put on them.

The result? I get a threat about how I supposedly "left my mission" early  (that if I keep getting kicked by people with bounties Im hunting, I will be a bad sport).. I wasnt on a mission, this is absolute bullsh*t... so just because 3 bad sports decide they dont want to play fair, now Im the bad guy? wtf is that.

I know R* reads these forums, they have employees who have accounts here and everything.. fix this garbage, read my posts, read my praise of the game and all other titles.. I do nothing but say how awesome the game is and defend it.. but this is one major issue that needs fixing.

PS: get that bawsaq up too, wtf is that garbage.. a month in and a key online feature is still pulled down after already being up.

• Jacob-B likes this

BabyDontHurtMe
  • BabyDontHurtMe

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:22 PM

I got a bad sport warning for destroying another person's personal car with a minigun. I just f*cking lol'd. I hate this whole good sport, bad sport garbage. Why can´t I have fun in free roam without getting punished? If I die, I lose 2000$. If I destroy other peoples car, I am a bad sport. That´s why GTA IV Multiplayer was way better than this so called "mile-stone" GTA:Online.

• alexkfr likes this

nuer
  • nuer

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:25 PM

I think that most people have misunderstood the bad sport system. If you get a message saying "you're being a sport", it's exactly the same as "you will be a bad sport". If you get one warning, you can easily play through a race/deathmatch/job and everything will be reset. If you join a free roam game and blow up around 10 cars then you will be a bad sport. Destroying like 2 or 3 doesn't change a thing.

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:39 PM Edited by biggsull, 16 October 2013 - 06:41 PM.

I think that most people have misunderstood the bad sport system. If you get a message saying "you're being a sport", it's exactly the same as "you will be a bad sport". If you get one warning, you can easily play through a race/deathmatch/job and everything will be reset. If you join a free roam game and blow up around 10 cars then you will be a bad sport. Destroying like 2 or 3 doesn't change a thing.

That only replies some complaints, ones like mine where you're being punished for something that totally shouldnt constitute a bad sport are big problems... like when you're kicked from a lobby just for hunting down bounties the legit way... because the players who pissed someone else off enough to get a bounty dont like you chasing them to attain it.

THAT is giving people bad sport for playing the game exactly how it was meant to be and allowing bad sports to grief clean players.

You want to know what deserves a bad sport? Killing someone on your friends list or crew list or that you joined the lobby grouped up with, in order to claim the bounty on his head... that destroys the whole mechanic of a bounty if you're just handing his buddy money and vicariously paying the victim more money than it costs him to die.

• Foxhunt likes this

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:50 PM

I like the bad sport idea, but its definitely set up wrong. 

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:12 PM

I had liked Bad Sport at first, but then I realized how utterly stupid and flawed it was after a deadly incident with my friends in an invite only session.

I had just got done flying my friends in a Titan and we wanted to do it again. I landed it on an empty taxiway and they came back. A friend parked his bike near the Titan and I got out of the Titan and went to walk around the back and entered some sort of text to my friend on PSN -- whilst I did this, the two others were punching the back of the Titan again to get the lift gate back open. Next thing I know, the Titan takes it's last hit and explodes. It blew away them both and burned up the bike.

What baffled me was this: I'm still standing there chatting and next thing I notice is a pop up saying I -- yes I -- killed them both. Next thing that pops up is a Bad Sport message, saying I got it for blowing up his personal vehicle. How the f*ck did I blow up his f*cking vehicle-how did I do any f*cking thing? :dontgetit:

That is not all: I was getting ready to take off in a Titan with a friend driving his Grotti in the back. Next thing I know, his car randomly explodes and my plane is headed down. I got another f*cking Bad Sport. This was on the same day of the previous incident. So I now have what -- two days left until this sh*t is gone? Is it true that I cannot be invited to play with friends? If so then I don't think Online is 'the sh*t' anymore. I enjoyed it until this bad sport sh*t.

Rockstar needs to get their sh*t together. Either drop this flawed feature or get off your asses and fix it. I'd prefer the first option. People can shoot up you or your vehicle but when you defend yourself you get Bad Sport. Additionally this Bad Sport Quitting sh*t is over the f*cking top.

This feature sounded good at first and I had begun to like it. But now it seems to add more cons than pros. If they ever set up anything like Turn10Studios' Forza servers and decided to ban players, I'd just f*cking stop playing Online because Forza already has an issue with inbred power happy moderators who ban people apparently for menial reasons or no reasons at all.
  • WildBrick142 and jatiger13 like this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Union Of Flesh And Machine

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:15 PM

Vehicles blow up from punching? Lmfao that's a game flaw right there that was in San Andreas and then fixed in IV.

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:17 PM Edited by biggsull, 16 October 2013 - 07:19 PM.

, I'd just f*cking stop playing Online because Forza already has an issue with inbred power happy moderators who ban people apparently for menial reasons or no reasons at all.

Welcome to all games where the moderators are volunteers.. and some where they are payed.

Generally the type of person who is going to aim for a position like that is someone who wants to A justify their own existence and B abuse their power as a means of gaining joy

Think how much you like to hear someone you outskilled cry about how you're hacking and couldn't be that good or something... that's the type of joy they gain from making you mad

edit: lol that doesn't mean this forums mods ;) they are totally kewl and stuffs.. no exp with them besides with one who seemed very nice tbh

I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT
  • I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT

I Rips that hole

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:22 PM Edited by I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT, 16 October 2013 - 07:27 PM.

i got put on bad sport for blowing up niggas cars. how is it my fault they run from me and as i chase them down shootin their car blows up. its their fault 4 being a pussy.

in real life i can kill anybody i want outside. gta should be same. if u dont want world pvp do a solo session

juls_nice
  • juls_nice

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:22 PM

I think Bad Sport shouldn't apply to blowing up vehicles of people on your friends list. I've seen video of friends just having fun online goofing around blowing eachother up and end up getting the Bad Sport tag.

They also should raise the number of jobs you have to quit from b4 being labelled a bad sport, and alos stop with the constant annoying pop up messages about being good/bad sports. They're annoying, and we don't need to keep seeing the same messages.

fish61324
  • fish61324

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:22 PM Edited by fish61324, 16 October 2013 - 07:24 PM.

I completely agree with you. I also believe there should be no 'bad sport' 'good sport' in free roam. I try my best to completely avoid people online (which is why I play invite only)... that's right.. R* has ONLINE setup to where I try to avoid people, that's saying something right there......

Or R* should release a GTA IV style free roam with a default character separate from your regular online character. There should be weapons laying around the map, people to hun and no fear of dying and losing money (since there will be no money). They can still keep the GTA V style free roam, but should definitely come out with a GTA IV style free roam. It's Grand Theft Auto and R* is babying the cry babies from GTA IV free roam

• saintsrow and I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT like this

mdniterder
  • mdniterder

Hustler

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:23 PM Edited by mdniterder, 16 October 2013 - 07:24 PM.

They need to just make a full out "True Free Roam" with no worries or missions like GTA-IV so you have a choice. I like the missions but every now and them the mayhem could be fun.

The point of this bad sport idea was because in IV you had people who would take a heli out and dominate the room.

jatiger13
  • jatiger13

this is fun

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:25 PM

I totally agree with Stingray. Last week I was just minding my own business when 2 other players decided to try to kill me. They were chasing me in their cars and I ended up killing them during the chase. Blew up one of their cars. And I get the damn bad sport warning!!! What was I supposed to do?? Just surrender and let them kill me?? f*ck that!! They need too patch this sh*t

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:35 PM Edited by biggsull, 16 October 2013 - 07:53 PM.

They need to just make a full out "True Free Roam" with no worries or missions like GTA-IV so you have a choice. I like the missions but every now and them the mayhem could be fun.

The point of this bad sport idea was because in IV you had people who would take a heli out and dominate the room.

This could easily be countered with surface to air missiles being implemented... as long as it didn't turn into a you're better off on foot than flying a gunship scenario...

On that thought, the chaingun is amazingly hard to aim.. that could use some love lol

lol related:

worked for them :D

I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT
  • I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT

I Rips that hole

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:35 PM

ya its crazy. if i see a white dot close i gotta get em cuzz if not he might get me. kill or be killed nigga

Betox190
  • Betox190

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:37 PM

I completely agree with you. I also believe there should be no 'bad sport' 'good sport' in free roam. I try my best to completely avoid people online (which is why I play invite only)... that's right.. R* has ONLINE setup to where I try to avoid people, that's saying something right there......

Or R* should release a GTA IV style free roam with a default character separate from your regular online character. There should be weapons laying around the map, people to hun and no fear of dying and losing money (since there will be no money). They can still keep the GTA V style free roam, but should definitely come out with a GTA IV style free roam. It's Grand Theft Auto and R* is babying the cry babies from GTA IV free roam
Who is the cry baby here? YOU!!! Why do you want to kill people and blow up their modded cars and argue when they do the same to you? You are the one who "fears" losing money and yet you make other playera losing money, stop being a cry baby and play your own way, when i feel like killing people i just steal a jet and blow up everyone's ass, yet i just get like 2 or 3 bad sports warnings and i'm still labeled as a good sport, so you and all the guys who complain are the cry babies here.

GTAOnlineVideos
  • GTAOnlineVideos

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:37 PM Edited by GTAOnlineVideos, 16 October 2013 - 07:40 PM.

Can't believe nobody has said this yet, but I don't know where you got that 5 out of 244 is .02%.   You're off by a couple of decimal places.   5 out of 244 is over 2%.

I'm not trying to argue against your main point here.  I hate bad sport, just sayin'.

kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:46 PM

I just got my first when I was on with a friend, we'd just hit a store, and as we were escaping I didn't realize how close the sea was. I don't think it's right how it's set up, if the person who's vehicle it is, is there with you, then there's no reason to get a bad sport point.

I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT
  • I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT

I Rips that hole

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:46 PM Edited by I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT, 16 October 2013 - 07:54 PM.

this system is flawed. this is mutha fuccin gta not no hello kitty hanna montana psychopathic tea set 5. i should be REWARED for f*cking up ppl, not punished! u give me weapons and random ppl on a map. do u want me to tie them up and fucc em in the bac of they ass? oh i kno...u want me to use the invite them to my crib button and make them sit in the corner with a jason mask on smoking a bong watching me shower?! u give me guns imma use it on ppl, theres nothing else to do

im just going to invite ppl to my house, bring them down to my shower and point at it.

Hope499
  • Hope499

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:59 PM

Agreed.

R* needs to remove this or alter it, because this is getting insane. It's at that point that I cant even play with certain crew members, because they collected some bounties?

Get ur sh*t together cuz this is pathetic

Betox190
  • Betox190

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:00 PM

this system is flawed. this is mutha fuccin gta not no hello kitty hanna montana psychopathic tea set 5. i should be REWARED for f*cking up ppl, not punished! u give me weapons and random ppl on a map. do u want me to tie them up and fucc em in the bac of they ass? oh i kno...u want me to use the invite them to my crib button and make them sit in the corner with a jason mask on smoking a bong watching me shower?! u give me guns imma use it on ppl, theres nothing else to do

im just going to invite ppl to my house, bring them down to my shower and point at it.

I would like you to tell me how exactly is being a bad sport a punishment.

sronsr
  • sronsr

3 bit Gangsta

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:10 PM

yeah yeah, I know... "There are already tons of threads about this". 

But I thought I'd let people know just how bad this problem is.. (so be warned)

Ok, my online race record is 52-84, death match 2-2, parachute 4-6, Golf 1-0, 3-0 arm wrestling, I have done other competitive missions such as the "Top Fun" missions and several other ones. I have probably done around 10-15 of those types of missions. That gives a total of 164 (low balling the competitive missions just to make sure I don't favor my numbers) 

I have done a lot of those NPC missions (lester, martin, gerald, etc...) I have done about 10 of those with random people and the others I have ONLY done with my wife or by my self (probably around 80 missions total... I found a list of all the missions and counted the ones I did, and I also repeated some).

I NEVER play online in free roam with other people. It's always invite only (I hate the way free roam is set up, but that's off subject). So I have done nothing "Bad Sport-ish" in free roam, ever.

ok, so between my 164 online matches and the 80 missions that's a total of 244 (and that's a low estimate). The real number is  actually higher.

I have been keeping track of every time I quit out of a session with other people (including my wife) because I am afraid of this Bad Sport thing and not being able to play with my wife online (I have read how other people can no longer get connected to their friends because they are a bad sport and their friend is not)

Ok, so here is how bad it is (al though there is good news). I have quit out of 5 secessions exactly. So that's 0.02% of the sessions I have quit out of. Here is the good news though... I'm not a "Bad Sport"...... But I did get a message (No, not the one that's pops up at the top left of the screen that says something along the lines of.... "you quit, if you continue you will be a bad sport" when you quit a session).  The message I got said "You are being a bad sport, if you continue, you will be punished".

0.02%!!! and I get a warning. Less than 1%... less than Half a percent. That's ridiculous.  

I know it was just a warning, but still... 0.02%??? Come on R*.... now I'm scared to play online with other people incase something happens (phone call, door bell, have to leave suddenly, internet drops out, etc..)  I'm afraid if I quit 5 times in my next 244 sessions, I'll become a bad sport. 

not to mention I've been getting those $1,000 good sport rewards periodically. I just don't get it.

How did you survive until adulthood? 5/244 = 0.02 which is 2%

You've quit 2% of your sessions. not 0.02%. You don't even need a calculator for this.

But yes I get your point and agree with it, seems like the more you play, the more inevitable it is to get Bad Sport since it isn't calculated by ratio but rather by the number of times one prematurely quits a session, which is complete bullsh*t.

The Bad Sport thing is complete bullsh*t anyway, I should be able to blow up people's cars, if I pay for them, just like I get to kill them and not get penalized for that 
That, and what you've mentioned, it should be by ratio not by number of times.

Bad Sport should be given to those who kill players who are in Passive Mode(by running them over or whatever) and by quitting mid-mission. Then it'll be perfect. blowing up people's cars should be allowed, and if they damage me or fire a bullet from inside the vehicle in the last 20 seconds, I should be allowed to blow up their car in self defense, without paying the insurance.

TIMSTER777
  • TIMSTER777

"Dude you gotta try hoagies man"

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:13 PM

this is mutha fuccin gta not no hello kitty hanna montana psychopathic tea set 5.

LOL :D

TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

American MuSScle Fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:18 PM

Solution: be a man and take a loss, stop quitting session and stop making excuses for doing so. The bad sport system works just fine.

I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT
  • I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT

I Rips that hole

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:36 PM

cuzz when u have friends not on it u cant play with em

snoopdoug
  • snoopdoug

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:41 PM

I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT, on 16 Oct 2013 - 1:36 PM, said:

Betox190, on 16 Oct 2013 - 1:00 PM, said:

I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT, on 16 Oct 2013 - 12:46 PM, said:

If your friends were as thuggish and cool as you they would be a bad sport too.

I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT
  • I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT

I Rips that hole

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:45 PM Edited by I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT, 16 October 2013 - 08:47 PM.

I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT, on 16 Oct 2013 - 1:36 PM, said:

Betox190, on 16 Oct 2013 - 1:00 PM, said:

I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT, on 16 Oct 2013 - 12:46 PM, said:

If your friends were as thuggish and cool as you they would be a bad sport too.

well not everybody can be this awesome now can they? the world needs balance, and ppl to do your taxes. also f*ck the dunce hat

• snoopdoug likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:18 PM

Who is the cry baby here? YOU!!! Why do you want to kill people and blow up their modded cars and argue when they do the same to you? You are the one who "fears" losing money and yet you make other playera losing money, stop being a cry baby and play your own way, when i feel like killing people i just steal a jet and blow up everyone's ass, yet i just get like 2 or 3 bad sports warnings and i'm still labeled as a good sport, so you and all the guys who complain are the cry babies here.
How about you improve your f*cking reading comprehension, Einstein? :colgate:
  • saintsrow likes this

Betox190
  • Betox190

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:24 PM

How about you improve your f*cking reading comprehension, Einstein? :colgate:
Ok, i just wanted you to know you can still have fun killing players in the actual freeroam

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users