Quantcast

» «
Photo

So in GTA (3d&HD) ...... America is all Islands?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
64 replies to this topic

Poll: Are you happy with just islands? (129 member(s) have cast votes)

Are islands the right way?

1. No, the formula needs to be improved to define the nation. (29 votes [20.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.86%

2. Yes, You are making an issue of something that isn't an issue. (78 votes [56.12%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.12%

3. Undecided; lets see how future games are handled (32 votes [23.02%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.02%

Vote
Sweettooth187
  • Sweettooth187

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:35 PM Edited by Sweettooth187, 17 October 2013 - 08:36 PM.

The obvious reason for GTA always being islands is that of a hardware limitation that likely won't be overcome for decades. If you surround a body of land with water, it's more believable than a body of land surrounded by impassable, un climbable mountains of imprisonment. Honestly I don't know why they even have you break down after going so far out. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but in previous games you could go out as far as you wanted correct?

RDR did it what are you talking about?
Yeah and I couldn't tell you how many times I was climbing up a mountain and reached a point where I could no longer pass and I was just like, "Damn it! I want to get to the other side!"

However the difference in RDR, in my opinion, is that your means of transportation is almost always slow as snails compared to that of modern day transportation, thus making the RDR map feel big by itself. After all the exploring it's not a huge deal that by the time you reach a wall you can't pass.

With the jets and sports cars of GTA I feel like those impassable mountains would just leave me with a claustrophobic feeling. Not to mention you couldn't even swim in RDR which I didn't get. It's all a psychological thing but to me, using a water boundary gives me more closure that the actual map has ended as opposed to a hard boundary such as walls, buildings, trees, tall mountains, and road blocks. The latter I'm just left feeling like I wish I could get to the other side.

rovert
  • rovert

Los Santos Hobo

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:38 PM

water border in the west and mountains in the east could have been great.

HakatoX
  • HakatoX

Yes, This is me......

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:46 PM

I really like how DAY Z handled map borders....

go as far out as you like...

you eventually have to go that same distance back... hope yer in a vehicle.

Zadra
  • Zadra

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 October 2014 - 05:41 AM

Off memory, and who knows what good my memory is. Wasn't "Pilotwings 64" a condensed version of the US map

Andreas
  • Andreas

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 26 October 2014 - 06:29 AM

Don't post in old threads unless you have actually something worthwhile to contribute. Keep that in mind for future reference, please.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users