» «
Photo

My car got impounded and I can't get it back

25 replies to this topic
Saxo
  • Saxo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:12 PM Edited by Saxo, 16 October 2013 - 02:45 PM.

anyone have a solution to this? Cops impounded my car and the car icon disappeared from the impound spot and the Car is not there when I go to look for it.

I tried to restart the game, call the insurance (nothing), and mechanic (in the delivery menu it says Adder (impounded), and he won't deliver it). Nothing's worked so far. Any ideas?

I got a second vehicle impounded to see if it would disappear too. It didn't; it got destroyed and I was able to reclaim it with insurance. The adder that is apparently impounded--according to the delivery menu, is not getting destroyed when I join new sessions or restart the game. It stays impounded while not appearing on the parking lot. I can't reclaim it with insurance either.

xRDASeken
  • xRDASeken

n00b slayer

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:13 PM

anyone have a solution to this? Cops impounded my car and the car icon disappeared from the impound spot and the garages are empty when I go there now lol.

I tried to restart the game, call the insurance (nothing), and mechanic (in the delivery menu it says Adder (impounded), and he won't deliver it). Nothing's worked so far. Any ideas?

Your car should be in the impound, there's an alley you can run behind to get to it. Have you been inside the impound itself?

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:14 PM

You probably waited too long, which results in the police destroying your car and you completely losing it. Or it's a glitch.

SquallV8
  • SquallV8

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:15 PM

anyone have a solution to this? Cops impounded my car and the car icon disappeared from the impound spot and the garages are empty when I go there now lol.

Your car should be in the impound, there's an alley you can run behind to get to it. Have you been inside the impound itself?

If not that wait till the cops destory your car, and if u have insurance just call them and get a replacement.

Saxo
  • Saxo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:15 PM

inside? I only went to the place to check the garages (I walk near them and they open, there's three 2 door garages in that yard), because that's how you got the vehicles back in the story mode. Is it actually different in gta online, and is the alley on the same block as the impound building with the garages?

Inked.
  • Inked.

MAYHEM till the AM

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:17 PM

inside? I only went to the place to check the garages (I walk near them and they open, there's three 2 door garages in that yard), because that's how you got the vehicles back in the story mode. Is it actually different in gta online, and is the alley on the same block as the impound building with the garages?

Yes, in between the impound and the parking garage there is an alley you can go into. You can climb the wall and enter the impound and take your car back. But if it's not in there, the police destroyed it (which they tend to do when you leave the game). It should be obtainable again by calling Mors, but if you don't have insurance, it's gone.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:17 PM

it's not in a garage in online it just sits out on the lot outside

just hop the wall and drive out trough the gate

there should be a car icon on your map though

Saxo
  • Saxo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:27 PM

it's not in a garage in online it just sits out on the lot outside

just hop the wall and drive out trough the gate

there should be a car icon on your map though

I've checked the around the impound building, the bridge next to it, the alleyway next to the bridge, and the carpark next to the alleyway and I can't see the adder. The mechanic delivery menu says it is impounded but I can't see the car icon, which is weird. How do you even get your car impounded in this game? I just died to the cops and didn't get my other vehicle impounded.

Saxo
  • Saxo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:36 PM Edited by Saxo, 16 October 2013 - 02:42 PM.

Update: I just got my other vehicle impounded (turns out it wasn't even near the place where I thought it could be recovered from), and it's there but I can't see my adder anywhere. It's completely gone from the game (although it's still apparently impounded). I'm just gonna wait and see what happens to my other vehicle that can still be recovered, when I don't recover it.

edit: I joined a new session and my impounded vehicle was destroyed and I recovered it with insurance. HOWEVER, my adder is still "impounded" and hasn't been destroyed (it was impounded before the one that got destroyed, lol). 

screwloose88
  • screwloose88

Peon

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:40 PM

my car got impounded as I was trying to rob an armoured truck.... a feltzer worth about 300k.
I had to phone insurance and got it back in my garage.

dunno if its a stupid bug or something

BlueJosh
  • BlueJosh

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:42 PM Edited by BlueJosh, 16 October 2013 - 02:46 PM.

This happened to me yesterday, the car is actually invisible.. I had to blow it up and re-claim it before it actually stopped being invisible lol.

There was the marker that the car was there but i couldn't see it and i tried to get into my friends car which was also impounded and it put me in my car which was invisible.

aR2k
  • aR2k

Playa

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:47 PM

I had this happen to me, there is one thing you can check to see if its the same problem I had.

Call your mechanic, Is the car on the list, but he says he cant bring it because its impounded? and its not at the impound lot?

If thats the case its the same issue I had, the car was suddenly back in my garage after about 24 hours, have no idea why, i did submit a ticket tho, that might have been it.

It happened because my car got destroyed while i had cops on me, so it got stuck in limbo between the impound lot and the insurance company, probably didnt know where to go that poor thing :/

Saxo
  • Saxo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:14 PM

I had this happen to me, there is one thing you can check to see if its the same problem I had.

Call your mechanic, Is the car on the list, but he says he cant bring it because its impounded? and its not at the impound lot?

If thats the case its the same issue I had, the car was suddenly back in my garage after about 24 hours, have no idea why, i did submit a ticket tho, that might have been it.

It happened because my car got destroyed while i had cops on me, so it got stuck in limbo between the impound lot and the insurance company, probably didnt know where to go that poor thing :/

yes, I have the same exact problem as you did. Where did you submit a ticket to? I'm gonna go check my garage lol.

jewell95
  • jewell95

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:50 PM

I just had the same thing happen to me, my car is apparently *impounded* according to my mechanic, but it said it was destroyed. Where and how did you submit a ticket too? my 9f was my baby and i would like to get it back.

Car Lover
  • Car Lover

Lover of Cars

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:07 PM

They don't take your car to the same impound as in the single player mode.

They take it to the lot where you do Franklin's tow missions at in single player.

TeCNeEk
  • TeCNeEk

GTA Legend

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:09 PM

You probably exploited the game to get the Adder, right? If so, then don't stress. Earn your money and buy a new one. 

Car Lover
  • Car Lover

Lover of Cars

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:20 PM

You probably exploited the game to get the Adder, right? If so, then don't stress. Earn your money and buy a new one. 

Because everyone who owns an Adder MUST have glitched, right?

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:25 PM

If you drive around in another owned vehicle, that other one should automatically be destroyed. Or so I learned yesterday...

Tomsz
  • Tomsz

Trick

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:29 PM Edited by Tomsz, 24 October 2013 - 06:29 PM.

anyone have a solution to this? Cops impounded my car and the car icon disappeared from the impound spot and the Car is not there when I go to look for it.

I got a second vehicle impounded to see if it would disappear too. It didn't; it got destroyed and I was able to reclaim it with insurance. The adder that is apparently impounded--according to the delivery menu, is not getting destroyed when I join new sessions or restart the game. It stays impounded while not appearing on the parking lot. I can't reclaim it with insurance either.

You need to drive another one of your vehicles and then call the insurance company ur adder should be there I've done this a few times after my main car is impounded

step 1. call mechanic deliver a diff vehicle

step 2. hop in car

step 3. call insurance

B4NDiT111
  • B4NDiT111

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:51 PM

Lmao. My sandking was impounded! I go to the impound lot and nothing is there. When I go to the player vehicle icon it takes me to the FIB building. As if the truck was inside and I've spent like half an hour looking for an entrance but no avail.

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:54 PM

Lmao. My sandking was impounded! I go to the impound lot and nothing is there. When I go to the player vehicle icon it takes me to the FIB building. As if the truck was inside and I've spent like half an hour looking for an entrance but no avail.

pics or it didn't happen.

B4NDiT111
  • B4NDiT111

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:57 PM

When I get home from work.. :-)

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:00 PM

Well if it is there, and is listed with the (impounded) make sure that's in the pic btw, then you could call the mechanic, get in another car you own and the sandking should be destroyed. Then you can recover it...

Stringer Bell
  • Stringer Bell

Adjourn your asses

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:03 PM Edited by Poohdini, 24 October 2013 - 07:03 PM.

happeded to me...call your insurance and get a new one

• B4NDiT111 likes this

HARDSTYLE83
  • HARDSTYLE83

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:18 PM

got killed in front of garage and said the same.

only aftrer i stole a new veihicle and stored it into the garage was the option to call the insurance

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:49 AM

It is astounding how little people actually read.

I'm having the same problem. My Sultan says its impounded, but it is not at the lot, there is no icon on the map, and I've even walked around every parking spot to make sure its not invisible.

There is no way to recover the vehicle, calling a new ride would normally destroy the vehicle that's been impounded, but it doesn't. To make sure, I got my second car impounded, now two of them say impounded, and my sultan is still unrecoverable.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users