Quantcast

» «
Photo

What happens when you Bounty or Merc somebody and they just leave?

15 replies to this topic
slappyJ
  • slappyJ

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:00 PM

I have set bounties on players and sent mercenaries but sometimes the player will just log off the server when they find out they are being attacked.

What happens?

Does the bounty still stick with that person once they log in again?

superspurs18
  • superspurs18

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:26 PM

I have set bounties on players and sent mercenaries but sometimes the player will just log off the server when they find out they are being attacked.

What happens?

Does the bounty still stick with that person once they log in again?

yeah it does but if noone gets it after a while they keep the money themselves, thats why people transfer over to single player when they have a bounty on them or should i say "disappear"

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:28 PM

bounties carry over to other servers though some people dodge em by going invite only/solo session

mercs get refunded if the target leaves before they get him

superspurs18
  • superspurs18

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:30 PM Edited by superspurs18, 16 October 2013 - 02:33 PM.

bounties carry over to other servers though some people dodge em by going invite only/solo session

mercs get refunded if the target leaves before they get him

im almost certain they dont, my mate and i have done this quite a few times and the player has left and we havent got a refund

my bad didnt realise you were talking about mercenaries too

aR2k
  • aR2k

Playa

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:30 PM

Basicly what the guys above said, bounties stick with the player for 48 ingame minutes ( i think it only counts down while in free roam ), if they switch sessions or go solo they take the bounty with them.

Mercs will refund the money to you should they not succeed in taking down their assigned target, they will keep trying until they either kill him or he goes offline/to a mission/switches sessions

ShalowGravy
  • ShalowGravy

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:31 PM

mercenaries refund

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:31 PM

Bear in mind that if you have set a bounty on someone because they were annoying you, and they have now left the server, then you have at least achieved something.

In fact, I find that removing a griefer from my game is far more rewarding than some random person killing him once.

bronysplatter
  • bronysplatter

Homie

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:32 PM

Basicly what the guys above said, bounties stick with the player for 48 ingame minutes ( i think it only counts down while in free roam ), if they switch sessions or go solo they take the bounty with them.

Mercs will refund the money to you should they not succeed in taking down their assigned target, they will keep trying until they either kill him or he goes offline/to a mission/switches sessions

someone sent mercs at me, and after 2 attempts they just gave up.

FarVision
  • FarVision

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:32 PM

Bounties are less than the car sales cycle.  I think it's 24 minutes.  It says this the first time you get one but I forgot what it says exactly.

aR2k
  • aR2k

Playa

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:35 PM

I have seen something similar, but i had these 2 guys chase me around the map twice, and pretty early on they sent mercs after me, every minute or so i had one of those mesa (think thats what they are called, the offroad vehicles) try to ram me of the road, they just kept spawning and spawning until i  finally drove into my garage after a 20 minute long chase

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:38 PM

yeah I sent mercs after this one guy and decided to watch it on my tv, he escaped them by basically jumping a fence and running away :S

got a message saying they failed and no refund, so i set a bounty on him at least players can hop fences XD

Bunkers
  • Bunkers

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:40 PM Edited by Bunkers, 16 October 2013 - 02:41 PM.

Getting bounties on you is great. Change to solo and cash it in. Or better yet, hang out in your appartment and cash in. While watching the losers on the telly  :lol:

Khaos89
  • Khaos89

Has a small willy

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:43 PM

They contract HIV.

Crookid
  • Crookid

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:44 PM

Bear in mind that if you have set a bounty on someone because they were annoying you, and they have now left the server, then you have at least achieved something.

In fact, I find that removing a griefer from my game is far more rewarding than some random person killing him once.

"Bear" in mind... Lmao

Why are you thinking about bears?

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:46 PM

Getting bounties on you is great. Change to solo and cash it in. Or better yet, hang out in your appartment and cash in. While watching the losers on the telly  :lol:

yes sit around and do nothing for like half an hour or whatever while the other guy continues playing the game

you're definitely the winner here XD

I don't mind if you hide out and take a few K of mine

in fact I'd rather you hide out for the duration of he bounty than get killed once and continue playing

all over some imaginary money (and chump change at that)

Khaos89
  • Khaos89

Has a small willy

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:49 PM

"Bear" in mind... Lmao

Why are you thinking about bears?

That's how you say it.

I prefer sending mercenaries after people who piss my off rather than bounties.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users