Photo

When someone uses a tank, there should be a time limit before they can

6 replies to this topic
Lester Crest
  • Lester Crest

The Big One!

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:58 PM

Now don't get the wrong idea, I love my tank, but I'll be the first one to admit that they can be a little overpowered considering the large majority of players are still lower levels. Hell, in my opinion, they are overpowered for the higher levels too. 

It takes 5-6 direct hits with the RPG to blow up the tank, and you don't unlock the RPG until level 100. Even then, you have no idea how hard it is, and how long it takes to get 5 direct hits with an RPG on a moving death machine.

It takes around 8-10 stickies depending on where they are placed to blow up a tank, which is even harder to do than blowing it up with an RPG, because you have to get so close to it.

The easiest and fairest way to take out a tank is with another tank, but you have to be at least level 70 to use it, and it cost $1.5m. So unless you're a glitcher or farmed missions (I have nothing against those players by the way), then that is an immense amount of money to spend on something.

I am not asking for the tanks health or armor to be lowered, I am simply asking for rockstar to make it so that when someone calls in a tank, they can't call in another one for about 10-20 minutes. I have been in a ton a lobbies where level 70s+ are destroying the entire lobby with a tank for 20 minutes straight, then as soon as the thing gets destroyed, they just call in another one because it only cost $1,000 to replace it. 

I am very interested in hearing all of your opinions on this.

Thank you for reading.

iPlay
  • iPlay

Snitch

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:01 PM

Meh. I have yet to come across a tank and i am exactly level 69. (hehe)

But I can imagine its pretty annoying and it would seem logical for a time limit for the tank. not for anything else though.

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

I AM LOS SANTOS'S RECKONING

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:02 PM

Dont stay in FM

DEERxBanshee
  • DEERxBanshee

Badder den dem

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:04 PM

yeah i went around last night terrorizing people in one..it did seem rather unfair

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:05 PM

While I agree with your idea, I also think the tanks are currently to durable, it really shouldnt take more then 3-4 direct hits with rpg, and I would say 2-3 stickies should be more then enough to gimp it if not destroy it.

Personally I would like to see "weakspots" added to the tank such as the belt/tracks being vunerable to explosives, meaning you could completly disable a tanks mobility if you focused on the belt/tracks.

aR2k
  • aR2k

Playa

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:07 PM

Only gone toe to toe with a tank once, even tho I actually have enough money on me to buy one myself  I havent really gone for it.

The first thing i thought however when i checked the stuff out was, "I cannot believe there is not a time limit on respawning your tank".

IMO you should only be able to spawn a tank once every 2 ingame days or something like that (Same as selling cars to LSC)

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:09 PM

I've only seen a few and have been killed only once

if you absolutely have to kill the guy it can be pretty damn hard I guess

but what I usually do is "HOLY sh*t A TANK, GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE" which isn't a problem since pretty much every car easily outruns a tank

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users