Quantcast

» «
Photo

Are Rockstar going to migrate GTA IV to Steamworks?

10 replies to this topic
Ronskie
  • Ronskie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:18 AM

I think we all do know that GFWL is going to be closed on July 2014, what about the old games that were using the service? There are already games that migrated to Steamworks like BioShock 2, you can activate your Retail key of BioShock 2 (if you have one) on Steam and the game will be registered on your account. What about GTA IV? Will it work if you activate the Retail key on your Steam account? Tho, I don't know why because I actually do own a GTA IV Steam version so I think this isn't a big deal for me but about the Multiplayer, Steamworks will be much better to it since GFWL will only connect you to the country that you registered with your account. Steamworks will connect your internationally so it means that you might encounter some peoples from different regions (Asia, America, Oceania, etc. ). Is there any news about this? If yes, please reply.

EvilDog77
  • EvilDog77

Unequaled C4 Whore

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:50 PM

I don't know where you got your information regarding GfWL only connecting to the country you're in because it's bullsh*t. When I sign in to GfWL I play with people the world over.

Additionally, it will have to be patched out as your Steam copy still needs GfWL to play online. It's unlikely to happen though.

Ronskie
  • Ronskie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:18 AM

I don't know where you got your information regarding GfWL only connecting to the country you're in because it's bullsh*t. When I sign in to GfWL I play with people the world over.

Additionally, it will have to be patched out as your Steam copy still needs GfWL to play online. It's unlikely to happen though.

Haven't you heard that GFWL is going to be closed on July 2014

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:18 PM

I have wondered about something similar. Basically, Rockstar already knows that the service Games for Windows Live will be shutdown in July next year, so they could start working on a patch now. But it is not sure if there will be a patch at all. And if there will be one, then I wonder if it would fix the problem with linking games on Rockstars Social Club. GTA IV and Episodes from Liberty City work fine for me, I am always logged into RGSC in both games, I am also logged into my GfWL account, and I have linked my GfWL account on Social Club. But GTA IV and its add-ons do not appear on my SC profile...

LuigiIsHungry
  • LuigiIsHungry

:D

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:43 AM

I really hope they do soon. My game is refusing to load my save now because it can't sign in to my profile.

Undertaker13
  • Undertaker13

I'm not bullsh*tting!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:28 AM

We should start a petition. I'm serious.

unc13bud
  • unc13bud

Die Hoodrat DIE!!!

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:46 AM Edited by unc13bud, 26 October 2013 - 08:47 AM.

I really hope they do soon. My game is refusing to load my save now because it can't sign in to my profile.

maybe use xliveless? and thanks to original poster for the topic. i just heard about this fiasco this week

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Feroci Racing
  • Philippines

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:51 AM

Maybe, although it would either be that they'll switch the copy protection to Gameshield, leave the Securom DRM as it is, or just rely on Steamworks as you suggested.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:56 AM

Very interesting question, given they gave up on IV PC when they released the last patch years ago. I'm not sure if we'll get any kind of update, I'm not optimistic, but I don't think they want the game's multiplayer to die. Unless they do.

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:24 PM

maybe use xliveless? and thanks to original poster for the topic. i just heard about this fiasco this week

I'm going to lawl immensely when this is Rockstar's "solution" to the fact that they will be selling a half broken game on Steam.

It's not the first time these guys have cheated and used community patches (Max Payne 1  no-cd patch on Steam) and I will probably rage on them if they don't properly fix the game.

unc13bud
  • unc13bud

Die Hoodrat DIE!!!

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:30 AM

Rockstar Toronto are majority lazy bastards dude, their so-called tech support lied and told me that the reason i would have to reactivate the game (I ADDED a hard drive for SWAP FILE, so i just unplugged the hard drive until reinstall) was because the system was Windows 7 and the game didn't support Windows 7. Boldface lie - because the TBOGT/TLAD box itself says Windows 7!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users