Photo

Rockstar needs solidify their direction with the next game

6 replies to this topic
Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:32 AM

After IV, as we all know, the GTA Fanbase was practically split between those who liked the more mature direction, and those who wanted the utterly crazy fun.
Now with V, they seem to have caused even more distruption in their fanbase in an attempt to balance out the crazy and the realistic, with 3D era fanboys claiming "it wasn't crazy enough", and the IV fanboys claiming they went in the wrong direction.
Now being a true fan of the series, it doesn't bother me which way they go (although I would slightly prefer mature and realistic), as long as they solidify their direction. Rockstar are going to just alienate their fanbase even more if they continue with the fence sitting.

So discuss what you want from the next game. Crazy and fun? Realistic and mature? Or a 50/50 split?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Bernd das Bumpy Brot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:11 PM

A 50/50 split for me would be nice. I don't really understand as to why people are complaining "HURR GTA 5 WASNT FUN ENOUGH", when in reality, it's up to the player to decide him/herself as to whether or not a game is fun.

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:19 PM

i just want a good well Written Storyline (IV) rather than a Mediocre Storyline. (V)   

Aintgottime2bleed
  • Aintgottime2bleed

to weird to live to rare to die

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:29 AM

I would say all or nothing so i take fun. Thats what gta made gta and changes show R* sold out. Fun from gta fun i used to play, no fun as in saints row ( i never played ). I didnt got gta5 since i bought gta4 and im happy i didnt bought 5 since it has nothing to do with gta. R* better make real gta or just change name of game like gta5 = max payne auto. 

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Hustler

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:00 PM

a mix between realistic/mature and funny/crazy would be perfect

D- Ice
  • D- Ice

Gangsta

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:29 AM

I don't wish to the the douchebag here, but can I ask what exactly is realistic about GTA IV?

It seems to be a very common belief here that GTA IV was realistic, and I can't at all see why.

I am willing to ignore that fact that Niko murders hundreds of people - R* explains his amazing fighting skills by him being a war veteran, maybe one can even imagine special forces. Also, all videogames nowadays that allow you to kill people make force you kill ridiculous amounts of enemies.

However, what I cannot ignore is the ridiculously unrealistic story and premise to missions - namely how gang bosses seem to invest laughable amounts of men and resources over the most trivial things.

Spoiler

Then there is the total lack of accountability for all these murders - meaning that Niko can

Spoiler

I understand it is just a videogame, and they are aiming at fun gameplay, but a videogame called 'Scarface: The World Is Yours' successfully implemented a heat system and had fun gameplay.

So I really can't see why GTA IV is though of as being realistic depite all that. A dulled storyline, and boring, repetitive mission designs do not equate to realism.

IMHO, what I think is ruining GTA is the lack of interesting out-of-mission gameplay. All mini-games and side-missions seem ripper starigh from the Sims, and have no relevance to the criminal themes of the games.

If they introduce side-missions like drug-dealing, running a drug den and mixing/cutting drugs, maritime smuggling (where you can pilot the boats or ride shotgun, defending it from the authorities), doing deals for illegal mechandise (from drugs to sex-slaves, with a haggling mini-game and the option of jumping and stealing the deal).

I think these would make GTA both realsitic and fun.

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:19 PM Edited by AnDReJ98, 18 October 2013 - 03:19 PM.

For me, 50/50. Even i enjoyed more in crazy/fun case, there always need to be some balance.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users