Free-aim vs AA leaderboard

39 replies to this topic
el_roy1985
  • el_roy1985

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:02 AM

el_roy1985, on 15 Oct 2013 - 11:14 PM, said:

I will admit, it is kinda funny how offended auto-aimers get.

And how full of themselves free-aimers are.

I don't think free aimers are full of themselves, If you pay attention they go around saying things in line with "You are bad" instead of "I am awesome"

I think free aimers are disgusted with how auto aimers refuse to accept the reality of things and how they refuse to admit that free aim takes more skill and thus means they are pretty much playing "No skill easymode"

Auto aim is to checkers as free aim is to chess... do you think the greatest checkers player in the world would be able to debate his skill against a highschool chess champion? No, its a whole different ball game.. or board game :D

Very good analogy.

I know I'm not awesome at free-aim, but I know I'm leaps and bounds better then I would be if I stuck to auto-aim. I played assisted-aim in IV a lot for single player and when I got V decided free-aim was the way to go if I ever wanted to better myself. I could tell a great difference in my skill level between the beginning of the storyline and the ending.

el_roy1985
  • el_roy1985

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:06 AM

Why do people think GTA is some competitive FPS game....

AT LEAST SOMEPONY HERE GETS IT

It's multiplayer and you are directly competing against eachother. (edit: and your score is ranked on a leaderboard... epitome of competitive)

Also, might want to take a second and read up what a FPS is, then realize that it's a TPS (Third Person Shooter)

If you have a problem with GTA:O being considered competitive and your skill at it being judged, I would suggest staying in single player mode where the big bad npc's can't hurt your feelings with their expectations.

Why do people think GTA is not a competetive game?

If this game isn't about being competetive, then what is the point? Sure there are activities to do just for fun, but why even have deathmatches if they aren't meant to be competetive?

Just because this isn't COD, BF doesn't mean it can't be competetive. Although I guess you are kind of right, it isn't an FPS. It is a TPS, but still competetive like most games are designed to be.

Did you also know that, Grand theft auto, is not just about shooting other people? i have no problem in being competitive, i have been playing competitive games my whole life, and i love the challenges. But when people think GTA is just about shooting other people, they are wrong, and free-aim is better suited for First person view, more than 3rd person view. Sure there is a leaderboard in this game aswell (I'm quite sure almost every single game have leaderboards nowdays) just because people enjoy tracking their own progress/kda etc...etc..

But there is a bloody limit how far you are taking the competitiveness, most of the free-aim playerbase are enjoying the game without thinking they are superior than other auto-aim players, sure i do agree that auto-aim is easy comparing it too free-aim.

This thread is just about how "good" the op is because hes using free aim, and he don't want to be compared with other auto-aim players. Every game is competitive to some degree, but there is a limit to how far you are taking the competitiviness...

Guess I'm a goodpony :3

Edit: I'm a auto-aim player, and i for sure don't mind having 2 different kind of leaderboards, for both auto/free-aim players.

I prefer third person as it gives you a better perspective of where you are in the game. Which sort of makes up for the fact that in a FPS game you don't have as much spacial awareness as you would in real life. So saying FPS is better for shooting is completely your opinion and nowhere near fact.

Glockodile
  • Glockodile

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:14 AM

I think in a game like GTA it's a lot more impressive to see someone expertly handling something like lazer than someone who can aim with the right stick with more accuracy. It ain't counter strike. It's basically MMO on a smaller scale. Hell, there isn't even a single competitive mode where people can go against each other on equal terms. Every weapon is tied to your level. 

Screenshot
  • Screenshot

Snitch

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:23 AM

It's multiplayer and you are directly competing against eachother. (edit: and your score is ranked on a leaderboard... epitome of competitive)

Also, might want to take a second and read up what a FPS is, then realize that it's a TPS (Third Person Shooter)

If you have a problem with GTA:O being considered competitive and your skill at it being judged, I would suggest staying in single player mode where the big bad npc's can't hurt your feelings with their expectations.

Why do people think GTA is not a competetive game?

If this game isn't about being competetive, then what is the point? Sure there are activities to do just for fun, but why even have deathmatches if they aren't meant to be competetive?

Just because this isn't COD, BF doesn't mean it can't be competetive. Although I guess you are kind of right, it isn't an FPS. It is a TPS, but still competetive like most games are designed to be.

Did you also know that, Grand theft auto, is not just about shooting other people? i have no problem in being competitive, i have been playing competitive games my whole life, and i love the challenges. But when people think GTA is just about shooting other people, they are wrong, and free-aim is better suited for First person view, more than 3rd person view. Sure there is a leaderboard in this game aswell (I'm quite sure almost every single game have leaderboards nowdays) just because people enjoy tracking their own progress/kda etc...etc..

But there is a bloody limit how far you are taking the competitiveness, most of the free-aim playerbase are enjoying the game without thinking they are superior than other auto-aim players, sure i do agree that auto-aim is easy comparing it too free-aim.

This thread is just about how "good" the op is because hes using free aim, and he don't want to be compared with other auto-aim players. Every game is competitive to some degree, but there is a limit to how far you are taking the competitiviness...

Guess I'm a goodpony :3

Edit: I'm a auto-aim player, and i for sure don't mind having 2 different kind of leaderboards, for both auto/free-aim players.

I prefer third person as it gives you a better perspective of where you are in the game. Which sort of makes up for the fact that in a FPS game you don't have as much spacial awareness as you would in real life. So saying FPS is better for shooting is completely your opinion and nowhere near fact.

Oh I'm sorry, now that i read it i sound like a cocky douche :p  but yes it's all my opinion, i prefer first person view when it come too shooting, that's just my preference. You make a valid point that 3rd person view gives you a better perspective though, have to agree on that. (but still prefer first person view. hehe)

mcmikezr1
  • mcmikezr1

Snitch

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:28 AM Edited by mcmikezr1, 16 October 2013 - 05:29 AM.

seeing as how we shoot at eachother 95% of the time.... the shootibg skill IS some what competative. forgive my tryhard ass if i dont like getting killed 20 times by morons

proweedsmoker
  • proweedsmoker

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:26 AM

Where can I find these leaderboards?

A1iiiiii
  • A1iiiiii

THE CAP'N

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:38 AM

Can science even quantify the amount of downs you have?

I'd give you 1.000 likes for this post but I reached my like quota for today. :/

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:59 AM

Tbh, I have to say the leaderboards should be for free aim kills only, would be a waste of time to setup a seperate leaderboards for people who are barley responsible for theyr own kills.

That said, the leaderboards is the least of my concern, it bothers me far more that Auto Aimers get the exact same RP/Cash from Jobs/survival as free aimers, considering the massive diffrence in the amount of time it takes to clear with auto aim vs free aim.

• el_roy1985 likes this

el_roy1985
  • el_roy1985

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:50 PM

Tbh, I have to say the leaderboards should be for free aim kills only, would be a waste of time to setup a seperate leaderboards for people who are barley responsible for theyr own kills.

That said, the leaderboards is the least of my concern, it bothers me far more that Auto Aimers get the exact same RP/Cash from Jobs/survival as free aimers, considering the massive diffrence in the amount of time it takes to clear with auto aim vs free aim.

Agreed.

There should be some sort of incentive for people to play free-aim. That would probably fix the issue of empty free lobbies as well.

Immagraton
  • Immagraton

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:55 PM

Auto-aim is pathetic and I hope I hurt the feelings of each and every one of them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users