Photo

GTA 6 Detroit?

12 replies to this topic
darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:58 AM

I think GTA 6 should be set in Detroit because that city has been known for it's ghettos and such.  You would play as someone who comes from a poor family, and starts selling drugs to survive.  It would contain Detroit and would reach out to Lansing.  Here is my blueprint.

gta+detroit+map.jpg

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:02 PM

Beautiful art.

And I thought of the same; GTA VI could well be set in Detroit.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:32 PM

Why Detroit? Why not Carcer City?

Rainbow Party
  • Rainbow Party

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:33 PM

I think the mass audience expects something more relatable to than Detroit. I bet many kids don't even know what Detroit even is. I think they'll be likely to stick to San Francisco, Miami or Las Vegas. Detroit would have fit the game when 8-Mile came out.

DetroitGTA6
  • DetroitGTA6

KING TATE

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:00 PM

Come on GTA give Detroit a chance, call it MARTYR CITY "Murder/Motor" , give  Detroit's underground rappers Esham , Trick-Trick, Danny Brown, ICP, & Eminem a big chance on the soundtrack , make the game a drug kingpin game consist of car theft, gang affiliated sources , make it a government corrupt game that deals with murder, drugs, sex, cars, and crime go all the way with it !

Lewis Chappers
  • Lewis Chappers

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:02 AM

Detroit is called Carcer City in the Grand Theft Auto Universe. Except in the GTA Universe they made it more dangerous than it actually is in real life (i.e. game-play from the first Manhunt game).

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:39 AM Edited by Gst0395, 23 October 2013 - 12:40 AM.

Detroit is called Carcer City in the Grand Theft Auto Universe. Except in the GTA Universe they made it more dangerous than it actually is in real life (i.e. game-play from the first Manhunt game).

And most of the gangs were white as well (no racist).

Is Detroit really a large enough city to be the setting of a major GTA title though? I guess if they put in Carcer City as some Chicago/Detroit caricature with other Midwest influences then that would work well.

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:56 PM

Is Detroit really a large enough city to be the setting of a major GTA title though? I guess if they put in Carcer City as some Chicago/Detroit caricature with other Midwest influences then that would work well.

Detroit is still pretty big.  But 3/4 of the city is the hood, which would make it a good gta setting.

danik18
  • danik18

DYOM User

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:06 PM

No.Miami or Las Vegas would be better.Nice art by the way.

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:07 PM Edited by Gst0395, 24 October 2013 - 05:12 PM.

Detroit is still pretty big.  But 3/4 of the city is the hood, which would make it a good gta setting.

Maybe so, but it's population has been on a huge decline in past decade or so. Nowadays it just seems like one great big ghetto that is slowly being forgotten about. While I'm not against the idea of Detroit being used in a future GTA title, I'd really like it be merged with larger and more popular Midwest city like Chicago (the two combining to make up Carcer City), or they could both be separated by a GTA equivalent of Michigan Lake.

And maybe Flint would be a better alternate location rather than Lansing, that place is also a very ghetto and run-down place with a high crime rate, as well as being based in Michigan. It's like Detroit's little brother.

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

Frank Matthews...The Guy that won...

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:30 PM

Detroit has the largest African American/black population in the USA. They're 80% of the population. So if the next GTA is set in Detroit, I doubt racist are going like that.

PhraseUniverse
  • PhraseUniverse

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:03 PM

I've been wanting this for a while now. Carcer City would be cool enough though. My friends and I have a Detroit based Crew, Motown Riderz. If you're on PSN, add me PhraseUniverse99.

EvanBear96
  • EvanBear96

I won't stop until I reach full nirvana!!

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:24 PM

I'd like to see detroit. If it had detroit and surrounding town. with Windsor acrooss the river

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users