Quantcast

» «
Photo

If the next GTA is in Vice City I really hope it looks like.....

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
192 replies to this topic
Sweettooth187
  • Sweettooth187

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:26 PM

No offense to Florida natives but honestly, outside of the cocaine fueled neon 80's, why in the hell would anyone want to play a game based in Florida? Hell even in Vice City it was the butt of numerous jokes.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:05 AM

No offense to Florida natives but honestly, outside of the cocaine fueled neon 80's, why in the hell would anyone want to play a game based in Florida? Hell even in Vice City it was the butt of numerous jokes.

Many reasons bro, many reasons. If you need to ask that question, then just go and do some research on Miami and South Florida, stuff that would relate to a GTA game and then you should find your answers. 

Spyem1
  • Spyem1

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:25 AM

I have a question. I dunno know all the technical aspects of the new consoles but what are they capable of? Could R* make a GTA with multiple city's? Like the entire east coast or something?

GranThefTito
  • GranThefTito

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:27 AM

some area of miami is dangerous area having dangerous boy in the area the dangerous boy is killing the people just for minimal concerning information activity just dangerous boy is wanting money just that the government of united states of america is not being good government for the people just the people want doing the every thing they want in the cause of the money just killing people in the area of miami with the small gun is more average over this barbie girl situation los santos

blackorwhite99
  • blackorwhite99

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:28 AM

lol trolls everywhere.

This is the f*cking reason People will never be satisfied, cause People like you continue dreaming absolute nonsense. A whole american Country with 7-8 cities?

Who the f*ck should produce this? ANyone ever thought about the costs of this?

Get over it, i'll see that all of you will complain in the future at release caused by the dreaming all day.

Spyem1
  • Spyem1

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:28 AM

Many reasons bro, many reasons. If you need to ask that question, then just go and do some research on Miami and South Florida, stuff that would relate to a GTA game and then you should find your answers. 

I know a few years ago dade county (Miami) had more unsolved murders than anywhere in the country.

Spyem1
  • Spyem1

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:32 AM

Dude I jus asked what the consoles are capable of. No need to be a jerk.

Vlynor
  • Vlynor

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:33 AM Edited by Vlynor, 18 October 2013 - 01:35 AM.

A map like this would be amazing, imagine the missions that could be set in Havana. Wow.

w1IfISN.png

This I'd love to see. It would give a use for planes/helicopters/boats. Sure, they're good for quick travel in GTA V, but all of the action is on the ground.

Edit: I wouldn't mind seeing a fuller New York, encompassing the majority of the state. Or Detroit.

jarriix
  • jarriix

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:57 AM

Being that Vice City is the smallest they could make every building accessible. 

pokemon4ever
  • pokemon4ever

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:14 AM

If they do Vice City for the next release, it HAS to be set in another decade like the 70s or 80s. I'm sick of the modern era sh*t we've seen in the last two titles. I wouldn't mind if it was even exactly the same as VC.

• StarFyer likes this

alz
  • alz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:26 AM

Unfortunately Rockstar was quoted a year or two ago saying they'll only do contemporary settings from now on.  So that means no more games that take place in the past -- no remake of Vice City or something set in the 80s.

The only hope I have is the Mafia series continues to leap forward a couple decades every release.  We might actually have a decent game set in the 80s if they add a lot of open world features.

If they do Vice City for the next release, it HAS to be set in another decade like the 70s or 80s. I'm sick of the modern era sh*t we've seen in the last two titles. I wouldn't mind if it was even exactly the same as VC.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:41 AM Edited by AtomicPunk, 18 October 2013 - 02:42 AM.

Deffpony

. No homes(except maybe a couple hillbilly shacks), no terrain changes.

I own a beach house at Cocoa Beach, Fla. I've been all over Florida and most of the shacks I seen didn't have "hillbillies" in them, they were full of Cubans. There's a huge redneck population around there though but most of them that I saw have nice pads. Cubans everywhere down there. A large black/Jamaican population too. Not where my home is though.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:46 AM Edited by Official General, 18 October 2013 - 02:53 AM.

I know a few years ago dade county (Miami) had more unsolved murders than anywhere in the country.

Modern-day Miami has a VERY murder rate, lots of gangs, shootings and drug activity. The crime rate in that city is very serious, it's just not highly publicized as it was back in the 1980s in the Cocaine Cowboy era. Most of the really bad stuff Miami takes place in the rougher areas and ghettos away from the downtown and tourist area.

To answer your other question, I would not say the new consoles can handle and entire East Coast, that's just asking for way too much. Definitely a whole South Florida region with a much bigger version of a modern-day Vice City, other main cities, towns, countryside/wilderness and offshore islands like the Florida Keys. A PS4 could easily handle all of that with very good graphics too. 

@ pokemon4ever

No, it does not have to be set in another decade like the 1980s or 70s. And what's f**kin point of having another similar VC game set in the 1980s like the last one in HD ? You might as well just play the original VC regardless of the last-gen graphics if you crave the 80s Miami vibe so bad. 

If you're sick of modern stuff thats your tough luck, there is no need for the same re-hashed stuff in HD. 

pokemon4ever
  • pokemon4ever

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:01 AM Edited by pokemon4ever, 18 October 2013 - 03:02 AM.

Modern-day Miami has a VERY murder rate, lots of gangs, shootings and drug activity. The crime rate in that city is very serious, it's just not highly publicized as it was back in the 1980s in the Cocaine Cowboy era. Most of the really bad stuff Miami takes place in the rougher areas and ghettos away from the downtown and tourist area.

It's like that in a bunch of other cities too though, like Chicago, Baltimore, etc. So nothing special about it right.

Unfortunately Rockstar was quoted a year or two ago saying they'll only do contemporary settings from now on.  So that means no more games that take place in the past -- no remake of Vice City or something set in the 80s.

The only hope I have is the Mafia series continues to leap forward a couple decades every release.  We might actually have a decent game set in the 80s if they add a lot of open world features.

That's a big letdown. A modern VC would still be decent I guess, especially if it's similar to the pic Raavi posted.

I think a setting around North Yanktown would be sick. It could include areas near the border as well as some of the Great Lakes and maybe a big city based on like Toronto.

Or just recreate a place based off the UK or something lol, that would be pretty interesting.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:26 AM Edited by Official General, 18 October 2013 - 03:28 AM.

It's like that in a bunch of other cities too though, like Chicago, Baltimore, etc. So nothing special about it right.

That comment was not to counter your argument. It was to support what that other stated about Miami-Dade County's very high murder rates in recent years. 

Anyway, it makes a modern-day Miami special with regards to being used for a GTA location, when you add the glitz and glamor, the massive, vibrant nightife, music scene, cultural and economical importance of the place. Then throw in the sunny tropical climate and scenery, you can't go wrong. 

GranThefTito
  • GranThefTito

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:35 AM Edited by GranThefTito, 18 October 2013 - 08:36 AM.

That comment was not to counter your argument. It was to support what that other stated about Miami-Dade County's very high murder rates in recent years. 

Anyway, it makes a modern-day Miami special with regards to being used for a GTA location, when you add the glitz and glamor, the massive, vibrant nightife, music scene, cultural and economical importance of the place. Then throw in the sunny tropical climate and scenery, you can't go wrong. 

yes this is true i like the information of vice city game grand theft auto 6

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

Frank Matthews...The Guy that won...

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:28 AM Edited by The Made Man, 18 October 2013 - 12:28 PM.

For all the people saying modern day Vice City ain't sh*t...Well think again!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMtTZE1uSmk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CNxf0sL4Uk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P7K-78Ubjw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx17Ozae-aI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb8kVLESpt8

The Colombian cartels are STILL ACTIVE!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qgiI55xdis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl1MQHifu0A

A $2.8 Million Gold Heist Shows Cuban Gangs Still Rule Miami

Colombian cartel head pleads guilty in Miami

A Night Inside South Florida’s Gang Wars

$180 Millon in Cocaine Unloaded After Coast Guard Bust

Gang Violence Growing In North Miami-Dade

^^^In the video they actually state police are OUTNUMBERED!!!

Thirteen Arrested in Miami in Massive Mafia Crackdown

So enough with this f*cking 1980s BS!!! Miami hasnt even reached its prime yet. Gang violence in Miami/Southern Florida is almost on the level of LA gang violence during the 90s!!! In MODERN DAY Miami we have African American street gangs, Hispanic street gangs, Afro Caribbean street gangs, Biker gangs, Italian Mafia, Drug cartels, Israeli Mafia, Brazilian Mafia,etc,etc. Where can you go wrong with that???

@Official General

You have completely convinced me that the next GTA should take place in VC. You no longer have any arguments by me. I am on your side. What the hell was I thinking when I said Vice City/Miami was only best during the 80s???? Man I am better than that. Yes I still want the Midwest, but Vice City is a MUST and it has a lot of things to offer and has A LOT of potential. Next gen, I think a Vice City setting should come first, as the test game(like GTA 3 and IV were) on the new hardware. A game set in the Midwest should come latter on like a bang. New setting and everything. It should be a really big map with three cities...Chicago, Detroit and some other Midwestern city.

Again Vice City first and then the Midwest as a big bang, a new location...

Fluttershy Pony
  • Fluttershy Pony

Yay.

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:15 PM

I have a question. I dunno know all the technical aspects of the new consoles but what are they capable of? Could R* make a GTA with multiple city's? Like the entire east coast or something?

Map size has nothing to do with technical specifications, the only limitation would be render distance. Rockstar could replicate an entire continent and it would run on current-gen consoles, it's just the render distance would be toned down to ensure it runs smoothly. A PC can take advantage of the hardware and allow you to see an amazing view of any sized map (as long as it can handle it), I'm surprised current consoles can run GTA V's map-wide render distance.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:45 PM Edited by Official General, 18 October 2013 - 12:45 PM.

@ The Made Man

You know this bro !!  :^:

And think of a new, modern-day Vice City huge in size and with the HD graphics in that racing game set in Miami. My thoughts in my brain are just swirling around thinking about it man !!

• The Made Man likes this

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:28 PM

@ The Made Man

And think of a new, modern-day Vice City huge in size and with the HD graphics in that racing game set in Miami. My thoughts in my brain are just swirling around thinking about it man !!

Exactly.... :^:

Do you know the name of the racing game btw?

If the game takes place in VC. I REALLY hope we see mansions like this. Looks BEAUTIFUL.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:31 PM Edited by Official General, 18 October 2013 - 01:54 PM.

@ The Made Man

Exactly.... :^:

Do you know the name of the racing game btw?

If the game takes place in VC. I REALLY hope we see mansions like this. Looks BEAUTIFUL.

It's called The Crew

That South Florida gang article is very interesting bro, great find  :^:

F**k, Miami's gang wars are serious man. The ghettos there are like a war zone, the drug trade there is still crazy. A lot of these " I want 1980s VC or nothing" cry-babies just don't understand how excellent a modern-day Miami would be for the next GTA. 

That Two Faces Of Miami is very good too, great finds man  :^:

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:42 PM

Like I mentioned before this game is called "The Crew" and will be a PC and next gen consoles title, originaly scheduled for a february release and now delayed to Summer of 2014.

According to them the map is huge and to give you an idea, New York alone will be the size of Liberty City, there are a lot of cities and traveling from one city to another takes the minumum of 1 hour in real time, some go way over 2 hours, this is the list of cities:

Seattle
San Francisco
Los Angeles
Las Vegas
Salt Lake City
Santa Fe
Dallas
New Orleans
Miami
Washington
Saint Louis
Chicago
Detroit
New York

And nto all are here, there will be other but in smaller scale, to give you the idea of the game map:

http://i.imgur.com/vdMQ7bs.jpg

It is a race game but is fully detailed... now imagine the possibilities of open world games.

ShaolinMaster
  • ShaolinMaster

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:45 PM

Like I mentioned before this game is called "The Crew" and will be a PC and next gen consoles title, originaly scheduled for a february release and now delayed to Summer of 2014.

According to them the map is huge and to give you an idea, New York alone will be the size of Liberty City, there are a lot of cities and traveling from one city to another takes the minumum of 1 hour in real time, some go way over 2 hours, this is the list of cities:

Seattle
San Francisco
Los Angeles
Las Vegas
Salt Lake City
Santa Fe
Dallas
New Orleans
Miami
Washington
Saint Louis
Chicago
Detroit
New York

And nto all are here, there will be other but in smaller scale, to give you the idea of the game map:

http://i.imgur.com/vdMQ7bs.jpg

It is a race game but is fully detailed... now imagine the possibilities of open world games.

Interesting. The possibillities would be infinite in the open world game.

philphan25
  • philphan25

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:55 PM

I would like to see Rockstar take on Ohio or Pennsylvania one day too. I'd smash the Amish buggies like an evil bastard.

Amish Mafia!

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:56 PM Edited by The Made Man, 18 October 2013 - 02:02 PM.

@The Official General

It's called The Crew

Seen the game play.

That South Flroida gang article is very interesting bro, great find   :^:

You welcome. In one of the articles it states the gangs OUTNUMBER repeat OUTNUMBER the POLICE!!! Gangs are actually growing in Miami. In the future, gangs in Miami can be on the level of gangs in LA, probably second to gangs in the Midwest! 

F**k, Miami's gang wars are serious man. The ghettos there are like a war zone, the drug trade there is still crazy. A lot of these " I want 1980s VC or nothing" cry-babies just don't understand how excellent a modern-day Miami would be for the next GTA. 

They just don't know...Like you said, Rick Ross was probably shot at by the GD's in Miami.

http://abclocal.go.c...tory?id=8971467

http://www.mstarz.co...iples-death.htm

http://hiphopmorning...his-rolls-royce

http://www.inquisitr.com/500156/

http://www.dazeddigi...-rick-ross-shot

Yet we so badly need 1980s Miami... :sarcasm:

@S1LV3R_W0LF

Dang!!!! :sui:  :sui:  :sui:  :sui:  :sui:  :sui:

@Everyone

You people want Miami/Vice City back in the 80s or further back, when Miami was MUCH SMALLER back then, it has grown since the 80s. Back in the 70s/80s according to the Official General it was mostly a resort for Older people.

E1999Eternal
  • E1999Eternal

Peon

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:56 PM

I think it should be Vice City 1978, the ability to drive to Liberty City with a Back O' Beyond. There needs to be Cuba and how a lot of Cubans drive 50's American vehicles. It's like going back in time. I hope R* gets their head outta their asses and put in all the features that they lazily left out of V. I want Video games in the safe houses and stores, I want a Wal Mart that we can go shopping in, I want a hardware store where we can enter and buy stuff for our safe houses. I call on R* to play the game Shenmue and soak it in. If none of you have played it then try it. It's the first real open-world game and it is brilliant. I want R* to sit down after the main story is done, and think about what they can do to make the game even more interesting after the main story is done. They need to approach it that way. I also want them to call on me to be over the music selection. I promise you will all be chicken-necking and head banging to it. I can also render my services as a creative consultant for R*. I won't even charge them that much for doing it. I bet it's light years better than anything they can think of. They need that!!

After two straight games that have placed a heavy emphasis on using technology in-game (cell phones, internet,)  I don't see Rockstar abandoning that and going back in time. 

Sweettooth187
  • Sweettooth187

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:16 PM

I think my point wasn't about how dangerous Florida is, my point was why would they make an additional game set in that area when there's really nothing that interesting about it other than the same areas which were already in Vice City? If that were the case it'd seem too much like Vice City 2. Besides that, if all there is to exploit anymore is how much murder there is, that sounds pretty dull/depressing in my opinion. We'd end up with a game that was like GTAVC with the dark/depressing theme of GTA4. *yawn*

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:25 PM Edited by Official General, 18 October 2013 - 02:31 PM.

I think my point wasn't about how dangerous Florida is, my point was why would they make an additional game set in that area when there's really nothing that interesting about it other than the same areas which were already in Vice City? If that were the case it'd seem too much like Vice City 2. Besides that, if all there is to exploit anymore is how much murder there is, that sounds pretty dull/depressing in my opinion. We'd end up with a game that was like GTAVC with the dark/depressing theme of GTA4. *yawn*

@ Sweettooth187

Okay bro, you accept that South Florida/Miami is dangerous and rife with crime and gangs. Fine, we have the crime angle covered for a South Florida setting in the next GTA, so no argument there.

Your main argument is what is so interesting about modern-day Miami and South Florida in general (not just crime and murder) right ? Here is your answer in a nutshell, quoted from Wikipedia backed up with credible sources :

" According to the U.S. Census Bureau, Miami's metro area is the eighth most populous and fourth-largest urban area in the United States, with a population of around 5.5 million.[8][9]
Miami is a major center and a leader in finance, commerce, culture, media, entertainment, the arts, tourism and international trade.[10][11] In 2010, Miami was classified as an Alpha- World City in the World Cities Study Group’s inventory.[12] In 2010, Miami ranked seventh in the United States in terms of finance, commerce, culture, entertainment, fashion, education, and other sectors. It ranked thirty-third among global cities.[13] In 2008, Forbes magazine ranked Miami "America's Cleanest City", for its year-round good air quality, vast green spaces, clean drinking water, clean streets and city-wide recycling programs.[14] According to a 2009 UBS study of 73 world cities, Miami was ranked as the richest city in the United States, and the world's fifth-richest city in terms of purchasing power.[15] Miami is nicknamed the "Capital of Latin America",[1] is the second-largest U.S. city (after El Paso, Texas) with a Spanish-speaking majority, and the largest city with a Cuban-American plurality.[16] "

If that is not an interesting enough for a setting and location for a new GTA game, then I don't know what is.
  • The Made Man likes this

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:40 PM Edited by The Made Man, 18 October 2013 - 03:08 PM.

What does Southern Florida/Miami have to offer?

• Everglades/Swamps
  • Alligators
  • Crazy Floridan/Crazy hillbillies
  • Rich Latin culture
  • Tropical Environment. And NO! LA/LS DOES NOT have a tropical environment like Miami. I have been to Southern Florida LOADS of times.
  • Rich Nightlife, with many nightclubs and bars. Miami is known for its nightlife. Our friend Official General here even says everyone in the UK always talks about Miami's nightlife. People all around the world travel to Miami for its nightlife. This video backs me up.http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Q5Yn_u1V-D4
  • A lot of beautiful people in Miami, its known for that.
  • Hotels and resorts. Miami and southern Florida is known for being a vacation spot. I go on vacation to the resorts in Florida EVERY summer. Trust me I know.
  • Festivals...Miami almost always has festivals.
  • Rappers, actors, singers and other famous people always go down to chill in Miami.
  • Beaches, Miami beaches are more live than LA's...
  • Florida keys.
  • Drugs are everywhere.
  • Miami is a financial center. Downtown Miami has a lot of banks.
  • Miami has a large Hispanic population, probably larger than the Hispanic population in LA.
  • Colombian cartels still smuggle drugs into Miami, they now use submarines.
  • Miami is still the main port for drugs in the USA.
  • The Caribbean Islands are just a hopscotch away from Southern Florida. I.E the Bahamas and Cuba. Scarface the World is Yours game implemented the islands into the game. With much better hardware like the PS4 and Xbox One, I am sure R can have the islands in a Vice City game like what Scarface the World is yours did.
  • Miami has A LOT of tourism. I've been to Orlando Florida a lot of times. Lots of people from different countries there visiting. Miami has way more Tourism than that.
  • People in Miami, especially the females dress half naked sometimes. :lol:
  • Lots of mansions in Miami. Just look at the video of Mansions I posted.
  • Sex is big in Miami.
  •  Drugs are everywhere in Miami. In one of the videos it states that you cant find a nightclub where nobody is not doing any drugs.
  • Gangs are growing in Miami and are more violent.
  • Like I said...In Miami you have Italian Mafia, African American Street gangs, Afro Caribbean Street gangs like the Zoe Pound and Jamaican Posse, Hispanic Street gangs,  Latin American drug cartels, Biker gangs, Brazilian crime syndicates, Cuban crime syndicates, Israeli mob. I even here the Russian Mafia is trying to muscle unto Miami. A diverse group of crime groups. 
  • Lots of cruise ships.
  • Hurricanes! Southern Florida has LOTS and LOTS of them!
  • The music...Like Salsa and others.
  • Different nationalities.
  • Sharks
  • Resorts in Florida keys 
  • Miami is one of the cleanest cities, more clean than LA.
  • Gun permit is a joke in Florida. Can easily obtain a gun.

Anything else?

@ Sweettooth187

Okay bro, you accept that South Florida/Miami is dangerous and rife with crime and gangs. Fine, we have the crime angle covered for a South Florida setting in the next GTA, so no argument there.

Your main argument is what is so interesting about modern-day Miami and South Florida in general (not just crime and murder) right ? Here is your answer in a nutshell, quoted from Wikipedia backed up with credible sources :

" According to the U.S. Census Bureau, Miami's metro area is the eighth most populous and fourth-largest urban area in the United States, with a population of around 5.5 million.[8][9]
Miami is a major center and a leader in finance, commerce, culture, media, entertainment, the arts, tourism and international trade.[10][11] In 2010, Miami was classified as an Alpha- World City in the World Cities Study Group’s inventory.[12] In 2010, Miami ranked seventh in the United States in terms of finance, commerce, culture, entertainment, fashion, education, and other sectors. It ranked thirty-third among global cities.[13] In 2008, Forbes magazine ranked Miami "America's Cleanest City", for its year-round good air quality, vast green spaces, clean drinking water, clean streets and city-wide recycling programs.[14] According to a 2009 UBS study of 73 world cities, Miami was ranked as the richest city in the United States, and the world's fifth-richest city in terms of purchasing power.[15] Miami is nicknamed the "Capital of Latin America",[1] is the second-largest U.S. city (after El Paso, Texas) with a Spanish-speaking majority, and the largest city with a Cuban-American plurality.[16] "

If that is not an interesting enough for a setting and location for a new GTA game, then I don't know what is.

36243-slow-clap-citizen-kane-orson-w-bJk

I think this says enough..

• Official General likes this

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:07 PM

@ The Made Man

Bravo, f**king bravo !!  :cookie:  :cookie:  :cookie:  :cookie:  :cookie:  :cookie:  :^:  :^:  :^:  :^:  :^:

36243-slow-clap-citizen-kane-orson-w-bJk

And you can also add that a gun permit in Florida so easy to get as long as you are not a convicted felon. You can even carry a weapon that's not concealed without any problems from police. So the gun culture there is HUGE. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users