Quantcast

» «
Photo

If the next GTA is in Vice City I really hope it looks like.....

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
192 replies to this topic
pilot410
  • pilot410

Mike Motta

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:30 AM

If I was Miami then like the islands of Cuba and the bahamas and key west that would be amazing

DoubleOGJohnson
  • DoubleOGJohnson

Playa

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:36 AM Edited by DoubleOGJohnson, 17 October 2013 - 03:42 AM.

People are saying that Rockstar will combine all the cities together, but they didnt even do the Midwest and South yet. How are you going to go from SA to VC with nothing in the middle. The biggest places in the South and Midwest, Texas and Chicago are not even done yet, or maybe never will be because Rockstar is not a young and hungry company anymore to do something new. Last new city we got was Las Venturas back when Rockstar was still hungry. GTA sells off name alone, there's no incentive anymore if people keep asking for LC, LS, and VC. Some other young hungry open world franchise needs to come along and take these places like Texas, Chicago, Philly, etc because fans are dying, fans are getting older, and GTA coming out every 4/5 years wasting people's lives and half the locations in the country being wasted.

• AtomicPunk likes this

Muhammad Hamdan
  • Muhammad Hamdan

Spammaster

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:36 AM

oh sh*t here we go again :D 

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

Frank Matthews...The Guy that won...

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:47 AM

People are saying that Rockstar will combine all the cities together, but they didnt even do the Midwest and South yet. How are you going to go from SA to VC with nothing in the middle. The biggest places in the South and Midwest, Texas and Chicago are not even done yet, or maybe never will be because Rockstar is not a young and hungry company anymore to do something new. Last new city we got was Las Venturas back when Rockstar was still hungry. GTA sells off name alone, there's no incentive anymore if people keep asking for LC, LS, and VC. Some other young hungry open world franchise needs to come along and take these places like Texas, Chicago, Philly, etc because fans are dying, fans are getting older, and GTA coming out every 4/5 years wasting people's lives and half the locations in the country being wasted.

Watchdogs already has Chicago covered. Also next gen I am betting that they'll be two GTA games like this gen. Maybe we'll get one GTA game thats set in Vice City, that would be the first game of the 8th gen. It would be like a test game for the new generation. Like what GTA 3 was for the 6th console generation and 4 for the 7th. To see how the new GTA game runs on the new hardware. And then the second GTA game which is a new location comes out afterwards.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:13 AM

THIS !!

3399_6_69a8317e06.jpg

Does anyone recognize this street called Ocean Drive from the first Vice City ? This is practically it in HD. Imagine the next GTA looking like this if it's Vice City. This from a PS4 racing game, I don't know the name. 

I really hope for Vice City on this next GTA, this image now has me dreaming......

Sorry just had to share this. 

I rather them focus more on the content. GTA IV and V been lacking content cause they focus TOO much time on graphics. 

They didn't focus too much on graphics. pfft, you are the most annoying troll.

Your the most annoy fanboy if you can't see that they didn't focus on content. Their main goals were Graphics and Online cause that's what causal players like the most about games. 

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:19 AM

THIS !!

3399_6_69a8317e06.jpg

Does anyone recognize this street called Ocean Drive from the first Vice City ? This is practically it in HD. Imagine the next GTA looking like this if it's Vice City. This from a PS4 racing game, I don't know the name. 

I really hope for Vice City on this next GTA, this image now has me dreaming......

I rather them focus more on the content. GTA IV and V been lacking content cause they focus TOO much time on graphics. 

Your the most annoy fanboy if you can't see that they didn't focus on content. Their main goals were Graphics and Online cause that's what causal players like the most about games. 

Yer your right we need more Content like all the Useless/Unnecessary Content  in San Andreas Right?  :sarcasm:

Soadisthebest
  • Soadisthebest

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:35 AM

THIS !!

3399_6_69a8317e06.jpg

Their main goals were Graphics

Just like TLOU.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:17 AM

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

Make a Scottish city the next GTA game DAMMIT!!!!!!

THE F*CKING GAME IS MADE HERE!!!!!

LET'S GIVE THE AUDIENCE A TASTE OF LIFE WHERE THE MOST SUCCESSFUL GAME OF ALL TIME WAS MADE!!!!!

/Rant

Americans couldn't even stomach a protagonist with an accent so how do you think they will feel about a foreign location? People from other nations have no issue playing as Americans in America but ask us to play as a foreigner and the answer is hell no. Sad but true.

Haha! It was just a bit of banter! Most Americans I've come across really struggle with our Scots accents, so yeah, it wouldn't be a smart move on R*'s part. 

However, I'd love to see a minor dlc nod to us guys, given we created this masterpiece franchise.

GTA Scotland???? hahahalol

Will we be running around in kilts shivering our timbers looking for green stars, yellow moons, blue diamonds and purple horseshoes? Just kidding. My great great great great great great great great granddad was scottish.

But I agree with what another poster said about most Americans will not tolerate a foreign land or an accent. Especially british as the brits are really hated here with a passion. Not by all, but by a lot. I say keep it real and in the US, but let R* San Diego take GTA from here and let R* North focus on Max Gayne and Agent(Pffff).

Which is ironic since if it weren't for the Brits rock would have probably stayed stuck in the Elvis and Buddy Holly stage.

Many Americans have this mentality that if we were at war with a country even a couples centuries ago that we must still hate them.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:38 AM

Your're just saying that because you live there, you don't think so highly of it, so you won't find Miami/Florida in GTA as exciting as others like me who are not from Florida. I get that though. 

Miami excites me a great deal, and I the Everglades would be mad exciting, I'd love to see alligators. 

I see what your saying, but I like Miami more than anyone I know who lives here. Its awesome. Often times I will be driving through the city and I will think how sweet a GTA version of this city would be.

City wise, I think it would be awesome. Miami and Ft Lauderdale both would be awesome cities to cause havok in. Driving through the rich Bay Harbor neighborhoods and to South Beach. But the everglades is very boring trust me. Imagine if all of Blaine County was like the terrain just beneath Fort Zancudo. No homes(except maybe a couple hillbilly shacks), no terrain changes.

Thats why I think it would be awesome with other cities.

I understand what you mean about the lack of terrain changes in a Vice City game with surrounding regions, because in real life, South Florida is mostly low-lying marsh, swampland and forest. But at the end of the day Rockstar gotta be realistic about this, not every region is gonna have the desired terrain changes of everyone. There are no significant mountain ranges in the Deep South of the USA, so you just gotta roll with it. If Rockstar added more smaller islands like the Florida Keys, created a vibrant swamp and underwater ecosystem, then I think the terrain changes would feel adequate enough. Especially with HD graphics like that racing game. 

Vagos MC
  • Vagos MC

Playa

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:22 PM

You seriously want Vice City? Look at the size of the map.

vice-city-map.png

I was quite disappointed about the GTA V map. It isn't really that big and interesting. I'm hoping for something really big next time.

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:07 PM

[vice city map]

I was quite disappointed about the GTA V map. It isn't really that big and interesting. I'm hoping for something really big next time.

That's why people posted map concepts in this thread. GTA V's San Andreas was different from GTA SA's which was different from GTA I's, and GTA IV's Liberty City was different from GTA III's and GTA I's. Vice City is now the one city that they haven't re-visited out of the three they've had since the beginning, and Miami is a lot more than beaches and hotels, they could include the suburb that the Golden Girls lived in. Imagine having an epic shootout in Blanche's home, and having to save those poor old women as they're taken hostage! It'd be fantastic!!!

golden-girls-house-blueprint.jpg

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:20 PM Edited by Official General, 17 October 2013 - 02:21 PM.

@ Vagos MC

A modern-day Vice City game will using next-gen graphics like this :

the_crew_23.jpg

And closely based on a modern-day Miami like this :

Miami_skyline_20080328.jpg

skyline-miami.jpg

Miami-Beach-Skyline-Florida.jpg

You should have nothing to worry about concerning map size.

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:22 PM

If they do Vice city it should be State of Florida with different counties with cities and small towns within them

Miami and surrounding areas including the key west 

Orlando 

you got the idea 

Dont forget the Everglades for some good exploring and offroading. imagine the trails partially flooded and fully of puddles and you're splashing up mud everywhere.

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:51 PM

THIS !!

3399_6_69a8317e06.jpg

That is because of the trade offs they must make for the current consoles. When they begin to work on the new consoles, they will basically be premade PC's that can not be upgraded and will be using really good parts for right now. The game will not have to make nearly as many trade offs to make it look good and have content to back it. With current consoles they have to compensate for getting it to look good.

SnowWolve
  • SnowWolve

Riely

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:57 PM Edited by SnowWolve, 17 October 2013 - 02:57 PM.

If they do Vice city it should be State of Florida with different counties with cities and small towns within them

Miami and surrounding areas including the key west 

Orlando 

you got the idea 

there you go mane,key west sounds nice to travel to in GTA.I wish the maps would actually be huge and almost the size of a real state

Vagos MC
  • Vagos MC

Playa

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:28 PM

@ Vagos MC

A modern-day Vice City game will using next-gen graphics like this :

the_crew_23.jpg

And closely based on a modern-day Miami like this :

Miami_skyline_20080328.jpg

skyline-miami.jpg

Miami-Beach-Skyline-Florida.jpg

You should have nothing to worry about concerning map size.

I don't know, man. Even about the map, I'm still wanting a new city. A new city would hype everyone. 

Look at New York. It looks huge and as a matter of fact, if you go to downtown Liberty City and race to the top of Algonquin, it takes me approximately 15-25 seconds.  

DAQtO.jpg

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:32 PM Edited by Official General, 17 October 2013 - 03:42 PM.

@ VagosMC

Bigger is not always better you know. Look at the huge GTA V map, but for it's size there is not enough really good things to do in free roam. There was an unforgivable lower number of accessible interiors than expected. All of that countryside, wilderness and desert was of not much use. 

TaazR
  • TaazR

Interiors & Parkour

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:32 PM

They should just do San Fierro, Vice City and Las Venturas in one game. It would be perfect for the 3 protag route they want to take so they can have one protag from each city.

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:41 PM

They should just do San Fierro, Vice City and Las Venturas in one game. It would be perfect for the 3 protag route they want to take so they can have one protag from each city.

Hmmmmm......Three cities that wasn't used this generation. Maybe that can work.

@Vagos MC

Like OF said in another thread. Miami is a much bigger/different city than it was in the 80's. Also Miami/Vice City has a different flavor, culture, attitude and lifestyle than New York City and LA. I actually agree with OF. Bigger is not always better. Because V was so big, I guess a lot of content had to be cut and there was not a lot of interiors. IV had waaaaaaay more interior than V, way more...

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:39 PM

Vice City would almost be on the other side of the country as those other two cities.

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:43 PM

[vice city map]

That's why people posted map concepts in this thread. GTA V's San Andreas was different from GTA SA's which was different from GTA I's, and GTA IV's Liberty City was different from GTA III's and GTA I's. Vice City is now the one city that they haven't re-visited out of the three they've had since the beginning, and Miami is a lot more than beaches and hotels, they could include the suburb that the Golden Girls lived in. Imagine having an epic shootout in Blanche's home, and having to save those poor old women as they're taken hostage! It'd be fantastic!!!

golden-girls-house-blueprint.jpg

I f*cking love The Golden Girls

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:52 PM

I lived in New York for a while and let me tell you, as far as big cities go, the actual size of Manhattan is not that serious. I left a nightclub one night and the subway was running real slow, the express train was running local, it was a nice night out so me and my girlfriend at the time walked from around 46th to 125th in about 40 minutes at a slightly brisk pace. I mean, the entire island is just under 10 miles long top to bottom, and that's counting about 200 onsecutively numbered streets.

Point is, NYC (at least Manhattan) is a lot bigger in pictures than it actually is.

Driving makes Manhattan feel even smaller so if GTA IV gave off the impression that Algonquin was massive, it wouldn't be that accurate.

• The Made Man likes this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:58 PM

I lived in New York for a while and let me tell you, as far as big cities go, the actual size of Manhattan is not that serious. I left a nightclub one night and the subway was running real slow, the express train was running local, it was a nice night out so me and my girlfriend at the time walked from around 46th to 125th in about 40 minutes at a slightly brisk pace. I mean, the entire island is just under 10 miles long top to bottom, and that's counting about 200 onsecutively numbered streets.

Point is, NYC (at least Manhattan) is a lot bigger in pictures than it actually is.

Driving makes Manhattan feel even smaller so if GTA IV gave off the impression that Algonquin was massive, it wouldn't be that accurate.

Very true. It's very dense but not that big mile wise. Brooklyn is actually the biggest area wise in NY.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:06 PM Edited by Official General, 17 October 2013 - 06:08 PM.

You are totally correct, I've been there myself. New York City as whole (5 boroughs) is one HUGE city. Brooklyn alone is so big and densely populated that it could be a city on its own. And don't get me started on Queens, which is a bit bigger (though mostly suburbs). 

But Manhattan alone is not that big, it's just an elongated, small strip of land, the many tall skyscrapers and buildings gives the illusion to many that it's very big. Algonquin was deliberately made to be the biggest island in Liberty City, even though it was not accurately designed to be of an in-game similar size to Manhattan. Rockstar said the reason why they did this was because Algonquin was gonna be the main center of Liberty City, so decided to make it the biggest island. 

A modern-day Miami would easily be re-created as Vice City nearly accurately in size an in-game scale with the new console technology, it would a walk in the park for Rockstar. 

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:15 PM Edited by The Made Man, 17 October 2013 - 06:22 PM.

One of the best post on this thread. I've been to Manhattan a lot of times and when you drive, the island feels small. Its just that theres a lot of traffic and people that it seems big.

Source:

My sister lived in Manhattan for a while. 

@Official General

People are also keep forgetting the SURROUNDING AREAS of Miami. 

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=E4k84KW07Sw

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=OfH22cJc8uw

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=6iqwy1npslE

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=vZPsVHDr-8A

^^^Wouldn't that be freaking fun??? I didn't even mention the Florida keys yet. Like you said in your other thread. Miami was a lot smaller in the 80s, its gotten much bigger. The more I talk about Miami, the more I think its a perfect idea for the next GTA game. And the more I am care less and less about the Midwest. I still want the Midwest.

I just don't get how people think Miami/Vice City is inferior.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:40 PM Edited by Official General, 17 October 2013 - 09:17 PM.

One of the best post on this thread. I've been to Manhattan a lot of times and when you drive, the island feels small. Its just that theres a lot of traffic and people that it seems big.

Source:

My sister lived in Manhattan for a while. 

@Official General

People are also keep forgetting the SURROUNDING AREAS of Miami. 

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=E4k84KW07Sw

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=OfH22cJc8uw

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=6iqwy1npslE

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=vZPsVHDr-8A

^^^Wouldn't that be freaking fun??? I didn't even mention the Florida keys yet. Like you said in your other thread. Miami was a lot smaller in the 80s, its gotten much bigger. The more I talk about Miami, the more I think its a perfect idea for the next GTA game. And the more I am care less and less about the Midwest. I still want the Midwest.

I just don't get how people think Miami/Vice City is inferior.

@ Made Man

I'm gonna look at those videos later, gotta do a few things.

Lol, it seems like my Vice City pitch with you is really working !! Bro, it's a no-brainer. I really cannot see which other setting Rockstar would choose for the next GTA. It just more than likely has to be Vice City. Midwest is cool, and don't get me wrong, a Chicago-based GTA would be mad exciting. But before that happens, I wanna see a new, modern-day Vice City and South Florida GTA. There is just so much HUGE potential for this. Those who keep saying a modern-day VC won't work are just ignorant idiots who cannot accept that 1980s VC vibe has already been done and is a thing of the past. They don't know anything about modern-day Miami and the fact that it has everything needed for the perfect GTA game. A new VC don't need to be set in the 1980s to be great, that's all a load of bullsh*t that gets repeated by doubters and it's getting very boring now. 

Just look at the PS4 game image of the racing car on Miami's Ocean Drive. Imagine that at night with all the neon lighting and clubs, bars, hotels. If Rockstar did a new VC they could really go to town and make it a smashing success. Rockstar need to start going to Miami and do some prep work on a new VC now. 

By the way, check that other thread, I responded to your questions. 

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:50 PM

A Vice City like this would look awesome.

0903151140441miami_skyline_01.jpg

@Official General

Will check it out.

Wylight
  • Wylight

GTA4Life!

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:32 PM

The map should be just like in The Crew, a racing game that basically takes place in a smaller scaled US!!! They have LA, NY, Miami, LV, Detroit and a few more small cities as well as the entire land in between which consists into mountains, forests, deserts as well as a snowy area. That is what R* should do to impress

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:05 PM

THIS !!

3399_6_69a8317e06.jpg

Their main goals were Graphics

Just like TLOU.

Yet they deliver with their gameplay and story. Linear games focus on other things than Open world games. Some say UC3 looks better then TLOU. 

TLOU gunplay is way better then GTA V. 

TLOU fist fighting feels more real

TLOU Story is way better then V

TLOU even focus on the story mode while GTA V focus on MP more. 

@DymeDef That's the problem. They could of made GTA V with RDR graphics with WAY more content. GTA SA hurt some of its graphics for a bigger map and MORE content.  

jptawok
  • jptawok

Lester the Molestor

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:24 PM

vice-city-map.png

I recently went back and played Vice City and almost cried at how poorly it has aged.  This map used to seem so much bigger than this,  I swear!  I'm willing to bet I could beat Vice City in under 2-3 hours.

But obviously here we're talking about VC HD.  Which I think would be amazing.  VC+Key West, focus heavily on island to island kinda stuff (AC4 lol).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users