Quantcast

» «
Photo

If the next GTA is in Vice City I really hope it looks like.....

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
192 replies to this topic
ThinRedLine1981
  • ThinRedLine1981

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:20 AM

I think a new location would be better. They need to vary things a bit. There's also the question of time setting. Let's face it, crime organizations were cooler back in the day. Now they're legal entities called corporations.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Chicago prohibition era game with booze coming in from Canada - there's your snowy feel. I know people would complain about "slow" cars though. If you want a modern feel you have to go back to the 70s, 80s, 90s. Today's crime sucks ass. It's all lawyers, PR people and politicians.

FireFighter_Nick1988
  • FireFighter_Nick1988

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:20 AM

Everyone calm the f*ck down.

You got way overhyped for gta v and that made the game a liyttle dissapointing for some, and then you blame rockstar saying they lied about many things.

LOOK AT YOU NOW ALREADY GETTING HYPED FOR GTA 6 AND GTA 5 HASNT EVEN BEEN IN THE MARKET FOR A MONTH.

*Hangs head in shame*

leicesterboy
  • leicesterboy

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:38 AM Edited by leicesterboy, 16 October 2013 - 11:39 AM.

Personally i'd prefer to see a modern GTA London, a bit like the Getaway

• cheetah_7 likes this

Mikeol1987
  • Mikeol1987

GTAF Lt.

• Members
  • England

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:41 AM

Setting in terms of weather and vegetation is too similar to los santos. I don't think vice city will be the next location

FireFighter_Nick1988
  • FireFighter_Nick1988

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:59 AM

Personally i'd prefer to see a modern GTA London, a bit like the Getaway

For sure. Rockstar would absolutely destroy any remnants of the getaway. Their attention to detail would be incredible.

selamkardas
  • selamkardas

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:12 PM

THIS !!

3399_6_69a8317e06.jpg

which game is this_

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:17 PM Edited by Official General, 16 October 2013 - 01:45 PM.

Damn, you fools already coming up with map ideas lol

That looks good but i'd like to see them start a new different city, maybe based on Canada, hence North Yankton, maybe London again, but VC would be cool to tho.

Canada and North Yankton ?? Cold, snowy, grey areas.To do what ?? After looking at that HD driving game image of Ocean Drive in Miami, you want the next GTA to set in those places, are you nuts ?? You either are nuts, or you're smoking some of Franklin's high-strength medicinal cannabis. 

And I just don't think GTA would be suited London, this is coming from someone who lives there, me. GTA just belongs in the USA, and nowhere else. There are a ton of very good reasons for this, and Rockstar said this themselves, but people on here still keep on about it, we don't need not to keep going over his. 

@ The Made Man

Ok cool bro, maybe a very small Bahamas-style, fictional Caribbean island nearby and a small chunk of Cuba would be a nice addition, I suppose it will. But to be honest with you I'd just rather prefer Vice City (Miami), a few other major cities and towns within a portion of South Florida and the Florida Keys islands, including countryside and wilderness like the Everglades swamps. 

@ 73duster

I actually would not mind if a new VC game required us to do go up north to Liberty City by plane for a few missions that take place there, that would be interesting. Just like in San Andreas when CJ went to Liberty City. Or like in the movie Scarface when Tony Montana had to go to New York City from Miami to handle some business. Or like when the Forellis came down from Liberty City to VC to confront Tommy. That would be cool. 

@ darkdayz (and selamkardas)

It's a PS4 racing game, but I don't know the name. The whole point of the image was to show what a HD Vice City would look like on a current-gen console such as the PS4. That image shows the exact same Ocean Drive-style seafront avenue that was in the original Vice City game, it really does indeed look like an outstandingly superb HD mod of Vice City that's for sure. If you could mod VC like this, then as a console-only gamer, I might just have to seriously consider PC gaming !!

@ Miamivicecity

If Rockstar don't make another Vice City, I'm gonna hold everyone hostage that works for them until they do lol. 

AlmightySo
  • AlmightySo

Professional Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:35 PM

The next GTA will come out on the Xbox One and PS4. Consoles will have so much more potential for games then they do now, It could be the entire state of Floridia, that would be great, it could be multiple city's in multiple states that you can drive to yourself or buy a plane ticket, R* will have so much more they can do on the next-gen consoles I cannot wait to see what comes out.

walkingsickness
  • walkingsickness

Mr. "Blow Your Head Off"

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:35 PM

Speaking of doing Vice City next....don't they (R*) start researching different landscapes and other things for the city they want to

do next. I live in Broward county so if they are doing a Vice City it would just be Miami but if they are re doing like a mini state

it might be Palm Beach County, Broward, Miami-Dade. At any rate I going to be on the look out for any one taking pics of some 

of the building in downtown Miami because they may just be working for R* 

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:43 PM

Speaking of doing Vice City next....don't they (R*) start researching different landscapes and other things for the city they want to

do next. I live in Broward county so if they are doing a Vice City it would just be Miami but if they are re doing like a mini state

it might be Palm Beach County, Broward, Miami-Dade. At any rate I going to be on the look out for any one taking pics of some 

of the building in downtown Miami because they may just be working for R* 

Well keep us posted bro !

HugoMoreira
  • HugoMoreira

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:56 PM Edited by HugoMoreira, 16 October 2013 - 04:02 PM.

I used to not like vicy city,but after i watch Scarface i changed my idea...i played Vice city and Vice City stories 5 years ago and i miss it,my favorite GTA is SA but i would love to have a new Vice City in HD in 2013 or something like that,with a good crime story envolving CSI investigation and sh*t...and a good light from the sun like in Just Cause 2,the water could be like GTA 5!And they could make the game in a Blue ray for ps3,and some features (like tuning our cars,buy houses) needed to be download from their website and install it in a usb driver so it would not take space in the game so they could make a hugeeeeee gamee...man i love dreaming xD

ZeusMowat_278
  • ZeusMowat_278

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:36 PM

What if Rockstar plans to do GTA 6 in Detroit? That would be something new.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:46 PM

They said in an old interview they are interested in doing 3 cities. LS, VC and LC. I wouldn't mind this.

MightyMax
  • MightyMax

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:27 PM

They said in an old interview they are interested in doing 3 cities. LS, VC and LC. I wouldn't mind this.

yeah true i have listen this from interview rockstar games LS,VC,LC togheter cities but very big city same to real world.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:29 PM

Pardon? I only understood the last line. Sorry. Anyway, it's not going to be the same size as in real life IMO, because they are parodies and most of it is made up. I reckon GTA 6 will have a 500 sq mile map easily.

seveb
  • seveb

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:35 PM Edited by seveb, 16 October 2013 - 10:35 PM.

3399_6_69a8317e06.jpg

well, if next gen gta is going to have these graphics.... it will definitely turn my cock into an everlasting marble state.

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

Only got a PC for Gaming

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:53 PM

That game is The Crew a racing game coming for PC, XBOX ONE and PS4 and was delayed to the Summer of 2014, the map is a big part of USA and in terms of size, GTA V is a a small drop in the ocean.

So for Next Gen is expectable that open World Games could be 10 times bigger and detailed then GTA V, and Rockstar could probably aim to a milestone like that for Vice City or any other city.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:57 PM

As someone who lives in Miami, I see no reason for them to return tbh. VC was so amazing because it captured Miami during the 80's was a huge place and time for america culturally.

Another Vice City would be boring because everything fun about VC is also in SA. The only difference is we dont have mountains.

If it is a part of a group of cities, then I would be excited. Making it possible to travel to Vice City from Los Santos would be sweet. But Vice City alone really is lacking.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:08 PM Edited by Official General, 16 October 2013 - 11:27 PM.

As someone who lives in Miami, I see no reason for them to return tbh. VC was so amazing because it captured Miami during the 80's was a huge place and time for america culturally.

Another Vice City would be boring because everything fun about VC is also in SA. The only difference is we dont have mountains.

If it is a part of a group of cities, then I would be excited. Making it possible to travel to Vice City from Los Santos would be sweet. But Vice City alone really is lacking.

Come on bro, not everything about a new Vice City has to revolve around Miami in the 1980s. There is still a great deal of crime, drug activity and gang violence in Miami/South Florida and the region is still of major cultural importance in the USA. A new VC game set in modern day will only be boring if Rockstar don't work hard enough and make it boring. If Rockstar can put together a great story, script, protagonist, and characters, a really good map and excellent gameplay/content, then there is every reason for a modern day VC to be one incredibly exciting game. 

But I do agree with you on multiple cities, this time I would wanna see another one or two major cities along with smaller towns, countryside and wilderness, not just Vice City alone. 

@ seveb

well, if next gen gta is going to have these graphics.... it will definitely turn my cock into an everlasting marble state.

This had me in stiches loooooool  :lol:

I sure hope that if we get another Vice City, Rockstar will take a tip from this game for real. 

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:09 PM

LS, LC, VC and a new city should be in VI.

RyanM1995
  • RyanM1995

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:14 PM

Oh sh*t I have no idea how they'll make the next gta better. Chainsaw and jetpacks would be a start :D

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:21 PM Edited by AtomicPunk, 16 October 2013 - 11:22 PM.

The Oxycodone/Oxycontin trade is hardcore in Florida and makes far more money than coke ever did, so there's a story there to be told. Hell, in Clay County Fla, there's a pill mill every 10 feet. Meth is bigger than coke was too. Crime is still alive and well there too. But I agree that it wouldn't make it alone. The Keys, Cuba and the Bahamas would have to be in. Maybe even a couple other places north.

@Firefighternick

If R* made a GTA London, it would flop flatter than a fritter. Only if we could take a flight from VC and visit London would be the only way. Just like North Yankton. GTA is about America. Don't reference the expansion pack London either.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:30 PM

The Oxycodone/Oxycontin trade is hardcore in Florida and makes far more money than coke ever did, so there's a story there to be told. Hell, in Clay County Fla, there's a pill mill every 10 feet. Meth is bigger than coke was too. Crime is still alive and well there too. But I agree that it wouldn't make it alone. The Keys, Cuba and the Bahamas would have to be in. Maybe even a couple other places north.

@Firefighternick

If R* made a GTA London, it would flop flatter than a fritter. Only if we could take a flight from VC and visit London would be the only way. Just like North Yankton. GTA is about America. Don't reference the expansion pack London either.

I'd love to see a modern-day VC game where we would have dealings with Liberty City Mafia guys that have moved to Vice City for better weather and prospects. Then we get on a plane up north and go back to Liberty City to help them handle problems over there that are affecting them back in VC. That would be so cool and interesting. 

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:30 PM

Yea I meant more towards the environment of Miami. It would be good if it was part of a few cities

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:34 PM

Maybe someone could take a moment and glance at this?

I don't think any one has been listening to my theories. Might be because you guys don't like them?  :/

Nevertheless, categorically based on the matter of the next gen, games like "The Crew", are able to hold such power. Why can't a GTA game ever be based around the whole U.S. Including the most known states? It's time for a new place(s).

I'd like to see that type of setting. Wouldn't you?  ;)

Take a look at this. (click image for larger scale)

52s6fxf.jpg

The map of GTA I'm thinking probably won't be scaled, nor geographically correct, but it's the closest you can conceptualize.

:^:

I honestly doubt I'm the only one. What with all the new memory being added into next-gen consoles, and all.

• Smaher. likes this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:37 PM

I really think a southern GTA with New Orleans, A city based on cities in Texas, Virginia Beach and much countryside and suburbs would be great.

Either that or why not San Fiero, Oakland, A large suburb and some country based in the 1960s?

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:42 PM Edited by niko bellic half brother, 16 October 2013 - 11:46 PM.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

Make a Scottish city the next GTA game DAMMIT!!!!!!

THE F*CKING GAME IS MADE HERE!!!!!

LET'S GIVE THE AUDIENCE A TASTE OF LIFE WHERE THE MOST SUCCESSFUL GAME OF ALL TIME WAS MADE!!!!!

/patriotic rant

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:43 PM

GTA is a game that revolves around parodying American culture, I dont think it would be the same anywhere else

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:44 PM Edited by Official General, 16 October 2013 - 11:44 PM.

Either that or why not San Fiero, Oakland, A large suburb and some country

Rockstar had their chance for a refurbished San Fierro (San Francisoco/Bay Area) and Las Venturas (Las Vegas) in GTA V, but they missed it BIG TIME. Many people were asking for more cities in V long before it came out, and I remember many others strongly opposing and saying they wanted one, highly detailed city (Los Santos) rather than multiple cities. 

Rockstar did one city in V and they still could not give us more interiors a huge amount of really good things to do in it. 

Vice City deserves a shot and some HD justice now. 

woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:45 PM

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

Make a Scottish city the next GTA game DAMMIT!!!!!!

THE F*CKING GAME IS MADE HERE!!!!!

LET'S GIVE THE AUDIENCE A TASTE OF LIFE WHERE THE MOST SUCCESSFUL GAME OF ALL TIME WAS MADE!!!!!

/Rant

Americans couldn't even stomach a protagonist with an accent so how do you think they will feel about a foreign location? People from other nations have no issue playing as Americans in America but ask us to play as a foreigner and the answer is hell no. Sad but true.

• AtomicPunk likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users