Quantcast

» «
Photo

If the next GTA is in Vice City I really hope it looks like.....

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
192 replies to this topic
73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:45 AM

There NEEDS to be a northern city that has a snowy climate. Vice City is great, but it isn't that different from Los Santos's tropical climate. Other than street layout, and name, it's STILL palm trees, condominiums, skyscrapers, beaches and bright lights.

I'm all for it, but it HAS to include a large northern city that is snowy and cold. If it's only southern Florida, I can GUARANTEE people will go apesh*t because they will say it feels almost exactly like GTAV. Furthermore, the attachment to Vice City has as much, if not MORE to do, with the 80's/scarface vibe that made that game so great.

Many people will be disappointed when it's a modern day setting with a better looking, but unrecognizable Vice City.

I'm not saying it won't be a great game, but it's not going to be what people think it's going to be.

This was not a problem when San Andreas came out after Vice City, so why should it be a problem now ?? I don't understand that. 

And furthermore. LA (Los Santos) is not within a tropical climate. It is warm and sunny like Miami (Vice City) yes, but it's a dry Mediterranean climate, it's not tropical at all. Miami (Vice City) is located in tropical, humid climate on low-lying swampland. Besides both cities are also very different from each other in terms of physical appearance, layout, demographics and local culture. The only similarities are palm trees, sunny weather and glamorous image, but that is really it, and they are not significant similarities either. 

I'm not against a Vice City, but I DO think that there needs to be a significantly large portion of the game that is a snowy environment. While Miami isn't a carbon copy of L.A., it's still a mix of urban, suburban, and corporate areas in a warm climate, palm tree filled map, with the deserts of Sandy Shores being replaced by an Everglades type region.

The differences between tropical and Mediterranean climate aren't large enough to make the game feel that much different. It WON'T have the Miami of the 80's theme or soundtrack, which i'm absolutely positive is something people will not only notice, but have a heart attack about.

I DO like the idea of a reimagined Vice City, but there also needs to be a completely different environment like a snowy northern region with a large city to serve as a contrast to Vice City. Just my opinion.

TheJasonGallant
  • TheJasonGallant

Random Player

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:52 AM

With the arrival of the next gen consoles, there should be some really good work. At least if the companies are willing to invest. Wich probably won't be a problem for rockstar.

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:56 AM

I'm not against a Vice City, but I DO think that there needs to be a significantly large portion of the game that is a snowy environment.

If it makes you feel any worse, GTA IV was supposed to feature heavy snow. At some point in the development, Rockstar canned the idea (apparently due to hardware limitations) but the remnants of the idea were still there (ie. the seemingly 24/7 overcast skies, the general depressing, gray feel of the city).

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:02 AM

I'm not against a Vice City, but I DO think that there needs to be a significantly large portion of the game that is a snowy environment.

If it makes you feel any worse, GTA IV was supposed to feature heavy snow. At some point in the development, Rockstar canned the idea (apparently due to hardware limitations) but the remnants of the idea were still there (ie. the seemingly 24/7 overcast skies, the general depressing, gray feel of the city).

You're probably right. It might have pushing the limits in 2008, but Red Dead Redemption exhibited a big leap just a couple of years later. Although the snowy region in RDR's map wasn't super large, it successfully showed what Rockstar could do.

Even more impressive is how well they were able to blend that snowy area into what was an overall hot climate dominated map.

FireFighter_Nick1988
  • FireFighter_Nick1988

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:58 AM

All I'm saying, is that if they did set it in Florida, they should use something like mayaka state park (Everglades) as their Mt. Chiliad. By their mt. Chiliad, I mean use it to hide awesome Easter eggs, and have ALLIGATORS.

Osho
  • Osho

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:05 AM

From where can I get this mod?

Is this the same mod, the makers quit in between, namely, GTA Vice CIty HD ?

bensons
  • bensons

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:15 AM

Ocean Drive is a real street.

BoyzNGroveStreet
  • BoyzNGroveStreet

Gangster

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:20 AM

Damn, you fools already coming up with map ideas lol

That looks good but i'd like to see them start a new different city, maybe based on Canada, hence North Yankton, maybe London again, but VC would be cool to tho.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:32 AM

A map like this would be amazing, imagine the mission that could be set in Havana. Wow.

w1IfISN.png

It should be 2x times bigger than GTA5 in term and map 

florida_south.jpg

6 Protagonists inbound  :^:

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

Frank Matthews...The Guy that won...

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:36 AM

Like I said in your other thread OF, they should include some Caribbean islands. See everyone on this thread agreed with that ideas. 

Possibilities:

• More Protagonist
  • Drug Trafficking/Smuggling missions
  • Vacation spot
  • Exotic places
  • Different atmosphere
  • More violent on the islands
  • Automatically lose USA wanted level, similar with RDR's USA/Mexico. Instead the islands are the Mexico
  • Rare activities
  • Able to take the cruise
  • Caribbean sea, as a  Easter egg a sunken ship!

Vice Beach
  • Vice Beach

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:37 AM

I feel like a HD Vice City would be too similar to V's Los Santos tbh. I'd much rather see them do Carcer City and it's surrounding areas.

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:38 AM

I feel like a HD Vice City would be too similar to V's Los Santos tbh. I'd much rather see them do Carcer City and it's surrounding areas.

Nope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After my ongoing debate with Official General, it wont be similar at all...

Trust me, I thought the same thing. 

Vugo
  • Vugo

An user with an actual, functional brain.

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:22 AM

What about Carcer City? They've been referencing it since the last generation, and continue to do so (saw it on some websites ingame), but we still haven't seen it in a GTA game, and it was badly explored on Manhunt.

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:37 AM

Everyone calm the f*ck down.

You got way overhyped for gta v and that made the game a liyttle dissapointing for some, and then you blame rockstar saying they lied about many things.

LOOK AT YOU NOW ALREADY GETTING HYPED FOR GTA 6 AND GTA 5 HASNT EVEN BEEN IN THE MARKET FOR A MONTH.
  • StarFyer and cheetah_7 like this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:38 AM

I'm pretty sure ith the processing power capabilities of the new generation of consoles we can get multiple cities, countryside, interiors, more missions, more vehicles, better physics, and sharper graphics.

That's pretty much what people said about V. Turns out we only got half of that (albeit a VERY good half). 

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:38 AM

<p>

Like I said in your other thread OF, they should include some Caribbean islands. See everyone on this thread agreed with that ideas. 

Possibilities:

• More Protagonist
  • Vacation spot
  • Exotic places
  • Different atmosphere
  • Automatically lose USA wanted level, similar with RDR's USA/Mexico. Instead the islands are the Mexico
  • Rare activities

Go play assassins creed black flag

rome7
  • rome7

Charlamagne

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:43 AM

Florida is so messed up I believe they could do another vice city. floridians are crazy 

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:51 AM Edited by The Made Man, 16 October 2013 - 08:51 AM.

<p>

Possibilities:

• More Protagonist
  • Vacation spot
  • Exotic places
  • Different atmosphere
  • Rare activities

Why don't you??? Who the fck brought up AC4??? Does AC4 have vacation spots or drugs??? Scarface the world is yours had Caribbean islands and it worked perfectly in the game.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=SmfJunUPqXk

Does that mean I should play that game too? Moron.-__-

@rome7

Agreed.

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:05 AM

<p>

Possibilities:

• More Protagonist
  • Vacation spot
  • Exotic places
  • Different atmosphere
  • Rare activities

Why don't you??? Who the fck brought up AC4??? Does AC4 have vacation spots or drugs??? Scarface the world is yours had Caribbean islands and it worked perfectly in the game.

@rome7

Agreed.

Calm down kid I just think thats the game 4 you

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:14 AM Edited by The Made Man, 16 October 2013 - 09:17 AM.

<p>

Possibilities:

• More Protagonist
  • Vacation spot
  • Exotic places
  • Different atmosphere
  • Rare activities

@rome7

Agreed.

Calm down kid I just think thats the game 4 you

How about instead of trolling and contributing nothing to this thread you explain why you disagree with my post about some Islands being added in a GTA game which includes Vice City, which would make the discussion in this thread much interesting. Telling me to play Assassins Creed 4 doesn't contribute to anything, when no one even brought  up that game.  No one needs to calm down. 

• Blastoise1994 likes this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:43 AM

It needs to be in a completely new city. That way people might finally stop comparing it to the PS2 games. People will just get mad when it is not exactly like the PS2 version of Vice City just like they got mad at V for not being SA pt 2.

They should just do a location they have never done before and maybe that game will be judged on it's own merits instead of being compared to past games.

• cheetah_7 likes this

JmanBassman
  • JmanBassman

Wheelman For Hire

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:00 AM

It needs to be in a completely new city. That way people might finally stop comparing it to the PS2 games. People will just get mad when it is not exactly like the PS2 version of Vice City just like they got mad at V for not being SA pt 2.

They should just do a location they have never done before and maybe that game will be judged on it's own merits instead of being compared to past games.

This :^:  and also I think the idea of a location with Snow is a good shout

(as many of other people having been thinking the same since seeing North Yankton)

Fluttershy Pony
  • Fluttershy Pony

Yay.

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:08 AM

They can't keep recycling maps, we've been using the same places since GTA I (except for its expansions - the London packs), I have no problem with Vice City or if you like it, but I'm sure many consumers will get bored if Rockstar keep remaking the same cities. If they do make a Vice City map, it has to include another major, brand new city, I for one would like something different, I wouldn't want the same thing over because many fans want remakes of games they played back in the day. Rockstar need to be innovative and do something completely new.

With technology improving, GTA games won't take longer to make, Rockstar reused a bunch of assets for GTA V, so in the next GTA, they could simply reuse a bunch of assets from GTA V. GTA V would have turned out to be so much better if they didn't optimise it purely for console (or maybe they will optimise it for PC - I hope). I would just like something fresh, because if they make another map of Vice City, we will obviously know what it would look like, so if they made a completely new map, we will be left in suspense to where exactly it is, and how it looks. If they could make the map feel real and not like a movie set, that would be a good improvement (the amount of interiors in GTA V is disappointing). Having more than one island would be something new too. Imagine taking a cruise ship from the next GTA's map to GTA V's map? They could put GTA V's map and GTA IV's map in the next GTA, only if the current graphical state of the map is similar, but it could work. I know technically there would be lots of land between them, but in the GTA universe, it doesn't seem to work like that. Having a system like that would actually make you want to travel to different areas, and really show just how big the game world is.

As an added bonus, there wouldn't be complaints from fans comparing it to the predecessor, much like how GTA V is compared to GTA: SA. A brand new city means they have nothing to compare it against (they would find a way though). In short, a new map would be better in many aspects, rather than recycling old ideas.

GTAboob
  • GTAboob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:12 AM

I can post my idea again!

idvThUg.png

The names I came up with are pretty sh*tty. There'd be notable cities (ie: St. Petersburg near Tampa, Palm Beach near Miami, Lake Buena Vista near Orlando) included within the areas as well.

The problem with Florida is that it's pretty boring and samey outside of certain areas in certain cities, so Rockstar'd have to draw out a lot of land from a few small areas if they wanted to come even close to what they did in V or even IV.

I see no penis :O

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Antarctica

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:16 AM

I'll go on a killing spree if VC isn't given a HD makeover.

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:30 AM Edited by King Kapone, 16 October 2013 - 10:33 AM.

Well, even if they were to create a brand new city, they would be hard pressed to find a city more interesting to seek inspiration as New York City, Los Angeles (+ Vegas, Cisco), and Miami are taken.

I don't really care to play in a Chicago-esque city - it would feel very Liberty City, very Watchdogs. Bleh.

Detroit? If they went with "poorest city in America" it would open up a lot of artistic freedom to create a really dismal, dilapidated town that's many years removed from being a forerunner in the American economy but then what would the story be? Rags to riches in a town with no money? The crime factor would be easy but there aren't really that many openings in a story like this without going the very obvious, sell drugs to the miserable people route. And who really wants to do that?

A city in Texas? Texas isn't that interesting unless you're thinking of a pre-World War 1 Red Dead type game.

The other option they can go with is a futuristic city, something like GTA2's Anywhere USA. But then would it really feel GTA? I think we would draw way too many comparisons with what the Saints Row team has been up to and that might be a bit uncomfortable for Rockstar's tastes.

Basically, Rockstar has trapped themselves in a corner. They HAVE to reboot Liberty City, Vice City or San Andreas. Or they need to cave in and go with London but I can see a lot of us Americans struggling with the humor, references, and overall experience. Sorry Brits :turn:

h4mza
  • h4mza

Get Every Dolla'

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:42 AM

I wish next GTA is London

darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:47 AM Edited by darkdayz, 16 October 2013 - 10:47 AM.

Where is the source of the original modded picture from, any videos? Would be great to have a go if it is a mod.

cheetah_7
  • cheetah_7

Snitch

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:00 AM

I think GTA VI will definitely be Vice City. I think it will be set in the 80s again - that was what Vice City was all about. I can just picture the trailer now, with a neon logo and an iconic 80s pop song. (they surely wouldn't have done vice city originally without the 80s theme).  

In terms of the size of the map, it would all depend on what they do with the next-gen consoles. If they recreate the engine (like with IV), I don't think the map will be that ambitious in size. If they use the same engine (which there's a good chance they will, as the PS4/Xbone don't look to be a significant enhancement in technology - just slightly sharper graphics), then the map would be more ambitious in size. 

I think GTA VII will be Chicago. With some snow. 

FireFighter_Nick1988
  • FireFighter_Nick1988

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:15 AM

<p>

Possibilities:

• More Protagonist
  • Vacation spot
  • Exotic places
  • Different atmosphere
  • Rare activities

Instead of the Caribbean Sea, think of the NONSENSE rockstar could pull off with the Bermuda Triangle!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users