» «
Photo

Survival AND AI Need Fixed

26 replies to this topic
xtremeninja86x
  • xtremeninja86x

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:33 PM Edited by xtremeninja86x, 15 October 2013 - 11:46 PM.

Now I've been playing survival for a while and I have to say it can be incredibly hard sometimes due to the AI having superb aiming ability

and this is what annoys me the most. I was at a wall and the enemies started to blink in behind me and bam I got killed. shouldn't the game work like this

if player is in vicinity of spawner

spawn at a further away spawner

because everywhere I go they spawn out of nowhere and even behind me

it would help if their accuracy got turned down at least a bit which wouldn't make them like the hardest AI ever made

helicopters are annoying as well I could be in the most enclosed cover 

and they still manage to hit me

Also they have changed the boundaries on the lazily already made maps

which are just sections of the bloody map with boundaries and pickups

so now on boneyard the have added boundaries at the roof opposite the hanger building so no camping anymore and they have removed the dumpsters which you could hide in.

in the end I think the AI needs to be toned down a lot

and some proper maps would be nice as well instead of putting boundaries around existing areas and fixing the spawns so that they don't spawn behind you

all the time

The Speed at which they can fire their weapons can be ridiculous sometimes

as they pop round the corner and instantly pull the trigger

but since when does someone run up to you in a battlefield like that

also rolling to cover is useless unless its a small distance which in that case it's fine

who agrees?

• jv95_ likes this

Gameassassin1020
  • Gameassassin1020

Peon

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:35 PM

Ai are a bit sniper-y but it's acceptable other wise we would just roll around killing everything.

BloodRedSpark
  • BloodRedSpark

Peon

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:36 PM

Survival isn't supposed to be easy, what with it's 20k payout every ten waves and all. Past Wave 5 gives you 10k, so unless you're terrible at Survival, you're get a pretty good pay every time you play.

From what I'm guessing, you seem to be slightly bad at Survival, and thus are asking for a nerf. If you wanted an easier mission, try going for something like Base Invaders, which gives you 25k, not too far off from Survival, and is quite faster. Good luck finding a lobby where people know what to do, and have the explosives.

Deliosa
  • Deliosa

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:38 PM

Ai are a bit sniper-y but it's acceptable other wise we would just roll around killing everything.

That's like saying a car without two wheels is acceptable otherwise we would just roll around and get to our destinations on time.

Candy KissesUK
  • Candy KissesUK

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:38 PM

me and my group failed tonight at level ten because the ai spawned the other side of the map, we couldn't kill him and he wouldn't come to us, needs fixed

DEERxBanshee
  • DEERxBanshee

Badder den dem

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:39 PM

AI ex military snipers are definitely annoying as is the unlimited amount that spawn out of thin air

xtremeninja86x
  • xtremeninja86x

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:40 PM

Survival isn't supposed to be easy, what with it's 20k payout every ten waves and all. Past Wave 5 gives you 10k, so unless you're terrible at Survival, you're get a pretty good pay every time you play.

From what I'm guessing, you seem to be slightly bad at Survival, and thus are asking for a nerf. If you wanted an easier mission, try going for something like Base Invaders, which gives you 25k, not too far off from Survival, and is quite faster. Good luck finding a lobby where people know what to do, and have the explosives.

no I'm not bad at it as I do have strategies I just can't help It when they spawn them beside you with their killer AI

thought it would help if half the buildings were enterable

(wait 500 years and we might get somewhere that advanced)

• CurtisC87 likes this

StupidAssHeadAss
  • StupidAssHeadAss

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:41 PM Edited by StupidAssHeadAss, 15 October 2013 - 11:42 PM.

This is the product of "traditional GTA aim". also known as auto aim or aim assist.  It's clear as day that not a single R*employee played the game on free aim, had they done so, the AI wouldn't need to be so accurate. The AI is the way it is because they tested the game with auto aim and aim assist and ruined it beyond belief.

Now the "spawning behind the player" issue... That's on it's own level of Bullsh*t and there are no excuses for it, Nothing but bad game design :/

xtremeninja86x
  • xtremeninja86x

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:51 PM

This is the product of "traditional GTA aim". also known as auto aim or aim assist.  It's clear as day that not a single R*employee played the game on free aim, had they done so, the AI wouldn't need to be so accurate. The AI is the way it is because they tested the game with auto aim and aim assist and ruined it beyond belief.

Now the "spawning behind the player" issue... That's on it's own level of Bullsh*t and there are no excuses for it, Nothing but bad game design :/

I know I wish that auto aim crap got removed

surprised snipers don't have it lol

Pitch~Black
  • Pitch~Black

Peon

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:53 PM

I'll repeat what another poster said: it isn't supposed to be easy. I can get to usually wave 7 or 8 all by my oneness because I know the "arena's" and most of the good hidey-holes, so it really isn't too difficult once you learn those.

What I would like to see fixed is the "get prepared" timer. You can work around it by not killing the last enemy and running around grabbing ammo and armor then offing him. But if you forget, the game kinda goes, "Okay, get yourself prep...3.2.GO!"

AwesomePlayerr
  • AwesomePlayerr

Yes

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:56 PM

I have some really good camping spot that will be in video format soon

http://www.youtube.c...hscreamPresents

(I am trying to help not spam)

Spookygal
  • Spookygal

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:02 AM

The new changes to the maps are ridiculous because frankly, I have no idea what all the new boundaries are. Rockstar gives you no warning that you've crossed their invisible line until you get that "failed" message and are kicked from the game.

Basically, if I can run there on the map it should be in play.

Really, really stupid design.

• CurtisC87 likes this

jdkzombie
  • jdkzombie

Professional Zombie

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:13 AM

I can handle aim assist, if I want full on no help aiming, I have better gun games to play, but yes, enemy AI is ridiculously accurate at all times.

For example, and this isnt necessarily survival related, on Base Invaders, the enemies in that mission are all Navy Seal snipers, that are equipped with gatling gun rifles, but go to Fort Zancudo when not in a mission, and you can survive fairly well.  

It seems that enemies also get aim assist which is ridiculous because apparently their auto aim locks on to your face, where you lock on to their knees.

• CurtisC87 likes this

the_D4u?
  • the_D4u?

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:23 AM

AI ex military snipers are definitely annoying as is the unlimited amount that spawn out of thin air

Unlimited spawning on missions really gets me. I mean, I get it. Its a multi-player game and encourages fighting from a vehicle, but come on. I spawn killed npcs for an hour just seeing if it would ever end.
(Base invaders and a few of rons missions)

xtremeninja86x
  • xtremeninja86x

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:15 PM

I can handle aim assist, if I want full on no help aiming, I have better gun games to play, but yes, enemy AI is ridiculously accurate at all times.

For example, and this isnt necessarily survival related, on Base Invaders, the enemies in that mission are all Navy Seal snipers, that are equipped with gatling gun rifles, but go to Fort Zancudo when not in a mission, and you can survive fairly well.  

It seems that enemies also get aim assist which is ridiculous because apparently their auto aim locks on to your face, where you lock on to their knees.

How do you start base invaders?

Mikeol1987
  • Mikeol1987

Winning Loser

• Members
  • England

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:17 PM Edited by Wipex President Mike, 16 October 2013 - 06:18 PM.

I am tired of new enemies spawning in direct line of sight with me after I think ive found a good firing position its fooking gay.
More so for missions rather than survival.

xtremeninja86x
  • xtremeninja86x

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:32 AM

Just tried base invaders on Hard 1.5x RP

it was so easy one guy with an ak47 and me with a cheap sniper rifle giving support and thinning out enemies at the trucks and jets

good fun as well

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:51 AM Edited by Munx, 18 October 2013 - 10:52 AM.

The main problem with AI in Survival and Missions is that theyr spawning is just horrible, theyr can literally spawn one meter behind you or at max speed in a vehicle a meter infront of you, and oneshoot you.. thats a completly flawed design.

the Npc's should always spawn a certain distance from the player period.

For Survival in specific the Npc's should not spawn inside the survival area at all, they should be spawned outside the area you are ment to protect.

Also the AI's Accuracy while shooting from vehicles need a SERIOUS nerf.

xtremeninja86x
  • xtremeninja86x

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:07 AM

The main problem with AI in Survival and Missions is that theyr spawning is just horrible, theyr can literally spawn one meter behind you or at max speed in a vehicle a meter infront of you, and oneshoot you.. thats a completly flawed design.

the Npc's should always spawn a certain distance from the player period.

For Survival in specific the Npc's should not spawn inside the survival area at all, they should be spawned outside the area you are ment to protect.

Also the AI's Accuracy while shooting from vehicles need a SERIOUS nerf.

Speaking of that when you go into an area and shoot 50 million guys spawn beside you

like on a mission I got out and shot someone and they spawned at crates behind me but no one was there to begin with and my back was right at the crate, I wouldn't be surprised if they could spawn inside you as well

StumpyG
  • StumpyG

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:20 AM Edited by StumpyG, 18 October 2013 - 11:23 AM.

Guys.. Survival is easy... :( Just sit behind cover and make sure you dont stick out.. Hell I solo one map from wave 1-10 easy 20k in like 5 mins.

-Edit I'll help you guys out.. Do the map Processed I think it is, and in the bigger hangar there is this little building in it. If you use that as cover and make sure you are not hanging off the edge you won't get hit once wave 1-10

shootingallovertheplace
  • shootingallovertheplace

British Collective

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:36 AM

I don't have an issue with Survival.

There are places to hide in all of the maps that protect you from random spawns and helicopters.

You just need to stay in cover and play with a cautious attitude. It helps if you and your team stay together to cover each others back.

On Railyard, in one of the hangers, there is a very long dumpster. The last time I played this level me and the three other players hid in this dumpster and completed it without too much trouble. Two guys covered on one side, shooting the enemies in the North, and two guys on the other side shooting the South.

It can get difficult, but using this method you have all angles covered and each play is protected by another. Still keep an eye out for the side you're not protecting though, if your team mates aren't very good.

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:41 AM

Guys.. Survival is easy... :( Just sit behind cover and make sure you dont stick out.. Hell I solo one map from wave 1-10 easy 20k in like 5 mins.

-Edit I'll help you guys out.. Do the map Processed I think it is, and in the bigger hangar there is this little building in it. If you use that as cover and make sure you are not hanging off the edge you won't get hit once wave 1-10

10 waves in 5 mins? either you can't tell time for sh*t, or you are just full of sh*t ;)

That said, the problem isnt that people can't clear survivals, I have no problem with it, the problem is with the spawning being so bad that its forcing you to use "cheap" tactics to avoid getting spawned upon, I call these cheap tactics as R* are nerfing them rapidly every single patch in a attempt to get us into the open.

The fact that there are currently "overpowered" covers to use, does not change the fact that the spawning mechanics for AI is absolute trash.

• GourangaMaster likes this

Bosk
  • Bosk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:46 AM

I would like to see enemies in Survival occasionally throwing grenades just to keep things interesting and to discourage players camping areas with only one access point.

That would require some kind of "grenade nearby!" indicator however, and an overall adjustment in difficulty level of survival matches. I also hope that in future survival matches available at higher levels the enemies will use a wider range of weapons, ie. silenced pistols and sniper rifles and even make use of tanks.

GourangaMaster
  • GourangaMaster

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►BA

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:47 AM

The spawning in Survivor does my head in. The number of times enemy AI has spawned from thin air right directly behind me as i am running for a cover when the prep timer runs out is infuriating. If thats R* idea of increasing the challenge then they can get f*cked. Im all for a challenge but that sh*ts just cheap.

Bazzad
  • Bazzad

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:55 AM

The problem with survival is that everyone posted their camping spots online and rockstar shut them down.

I have spots on 3 of the maps that I have so far not seen mentioned anywhere online or seen others usuing in GTAO, from those spots I can beat each of those 3 survivals on my own every time. I wont be postng their locations.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:05 PM

Problem is not accuracy, problem is spawning points and AI (lack of)smartness. I can outgun them but if they spawn 10 meters away and behind me from thin air then of course the mode will be sh*t.

Also, about people looking for bottle necks to fight on them, that´s not bad, it´s survival, you have to hang on, not attack. They shouldn´t allow this stupid AI spawning to compensate for us camping, what they should do is make AI smarter and make them take good shooting positions, supress us, and try to flank instead of just running towards us like zombies.

For God´s sake they are dozens we are 4 max, make them smart, make them go for long range fire exchanges and taking good cover to take advantage of their number, instead of running towards like zombies us and spawning everywhere.

xtremeninja86x
  • xtremeninja86x

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:43 PM

Well I have a great method we have never been defeated since or lost a single drop of health

I mean it

1. Find the Small Portacabin near the hanger on the right side which has a tight wall behind it

2. Get 2 people to hide behind it at each side

3. Get the other 2 people to sit behind the boxes at the entrances of the hanger

4. The guys at the portacabin thin the enemy numbers at each side making It easier for the people in the hanger

Also a sniper is a good idea to have on the right side of the portacabin so they can shoot people at the fence (I assume that role) plus I beast the helicopter pilots

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users