» «
Photo

Best way to downgrade Steam versions?

8 replies to this topic
LuigiIsHungry
  • LuigiIsHungry

:D

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:11 PM Edited by LuigiIsHungry, 15 October 2013 - 11:14 PM.

First of all I wanna say that I'm pretty new in this forum and I'm not really sure if I posted in the right place. Mods please move the topic if need be.

Okay, so I got all GTA games from the original to EFLC for around $15 at Steam during last year's summer sale. So I decided I would re-buy them for mods and whatnot (used to have them on consoles).

As many of you know already, and something I found out too late, Steam versions hate mods. So I got a downgrader a while back and that has worked alright to me, but I have been getting some bugs here and there. In some places I see "use a downgrader", in others I see "download a no CD crack". I just want to know what do you guys think is the way that will give me the best compatibility with most mods.  More specifically just the GTA III-era ones.

Thanks in advance.

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:17 AM

https://dl.dropboxus..._downgrader.zip

LuigiIsHungry
  • LuigiIsHungry

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:33 PM

That's the best way? Because that's exactly what I've been using. Do you know of other options?

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:48 PM

This turn your any GTA to vanilla 1.0 version, what is could be better than that for mods?

LuigiIsHungry
  • LuigiIsHungry

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:13 PM

Well it comes with CLEO installed as well and I've been having some bugs so I didn't think it was 100% vanilla. It also gets rid of the intro movies, how do I keep those?

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:01 AM

The downgraded version isn't going to be as compatible with mods, I don't think. If it's a 1.01+ copy to begin with, there's no way the downgrader could get it to 1.0 without fully replacing the file (which doesn't seem to happen - if it did, it would surely just replace it with a no-cd crack or the original 1.0 version). If it doesn't replace the file, then it's just changing it to make it more 1.0-like, and therefore isn't really 1.0.. it's 1.005 :p

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:12 AM Edited by ThirteenAG, 17 October 2013 - 04:14 AM.

Well it comes with CLEO installed as well and I've been having some bugs so I didn't think it was 100% vanilla. It also gets rid of the intro movies, how do I keep those?

Because cleo is a best no cd for GTA3/VC, and intro movies doesn't show for most people these days. I don't understand why you need them.
You can remove cleo and download a cracked 1.0 version from some place else, it's up to you.

P.S. And yes, i'm aware of a crash when loading saves in Vice City, because of cleo, but since you're planning to install mods, that crash was fixed in MVL anyway.

LuigiIsHungry
  • LuigiIsHungry

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:46 PM

It's a nostalgia thing. Back when I had the games on the PS2, I never skipped the intros. They'd get me excited to play the game. I'll try a no-cd crack, see how that works out.

LuigiIsHungry
  • LuigiIsHungry

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:17 AM

I tried a couple things and none worked out so well. So I'm back to using your downgrader.

Since you're here I might as well ask you about some of the problems I'm having with your mods. Should I do that here or should I post that in their threads?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users